Sup Forums, Is depression a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/society/2015/may/12/psychiatric-drugs-more-harm-than-good-expert
sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/06/160608212148.htm
bmj.com/content/352/bmj.i65
madinamerica.com/2017/02/new-data-showslack-efficacy-antidepressants/
theguardian
archive.is/taaMB
youtube.com/watch?v=EzRaWyG9Z1k
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_equivalence
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No. My fucking dog was diagnosed with depression and is now on meds.

yes, your sickness is not depression, its a symptom of something else

t. concussion-haver

DON'T SPANK YOUR CHILDREN

Better living through pharmacology.

If these medicines make people's lives better, why be a butthurt moralfag about it.

There's no basis for stopping someone who wants to improve.

I think it's a product of an underlying uncorrected issue. However that's not to say the issue can be corrected all the time. I think it's a battle of empathy and self esteem fighting reality.

No, it's very real.

>it's another new age retards rejecting science and hugging trees episode
No, after I started taking sertraline I finally got a job, became more social, enjoyed things more in general, even faps started feeling more intense. It's a chemical imbalance, you cant fix it with a nature walk.

most americans are medicated

so weak

Physical activity is the solution to emotional problems for 90% of people.

I think some people have anxiety and depression, but it turned into a meme. I have anxiety and random panic attacks, but I don't go on medicine and I won't use it as an excuse for not being able to accomplish something.

depression is dissatisfaction with life

You're confusing depression with sadness

Yes.

Go on, tell me you have a chemical imbalance, sure. Now prove which exact chemicals in your brain are unbalanced, and by how much the balance is off.

You can't quantify it. Its bullshit.

Yes.

Most of the big push to focus on "mental health" is simply to sell more pharma drugs.

These drugs objectively have been proven to do much more harm to individuals virtually without exception. Even for non-meme problems such as schizophrenia.

It also amplifies the victim mentality mindset that is being pushed so hard these days. It ruins the people on them, and turns them into useless dumbed down victimized and irresponsible degenerates.

Anti-Depressants are less effective than placebos. Both SSRIs and Benzodiazepines both vastly increase the risk of murder and suicide.

Almost all of the mass killers in recent memory were on either of these at some point.

It's almost as if making humans domestic animals living in sterile cages drives them mad.

it's real. you will know if you've got it, because it's a physical thing as much as a mental thing. definitely real and different from feeling gloomy or burnt out or whatever else. it can be overcome by anyone with patience and there's zero need for drugs.

depression is a choice

Depression is a very real response to living in a sick, dying world.

It's one of the stages of grief.

I think my cat needs antidepressants. My sister's loser ex bf fed him weed and would lock him in a kennel with dogs when he was a kitten

No, rhis is an anti-depresent

it should be called anti-depression because it's not the sadness that hurts you, its the brains reaction against it

Ignore him, only a shill would stick their neck out for big pharma.

do my eyes deceive or is this a non-shit leafpost?

soma/10

the way it's overused nowaday at least, just like "social anxiety"

>Anti-Depressants are less effective than placebos.

I need to see a source that says all antidepressants are less effective than placebos.

You'll be hard pressed to find one because they don't exist.

Most modern antidepressants don't make you happy. They just slow the emotional ratcheting up.

Before if you were angry then soon you were enraged and the emotion lasted for hours. But on antidepressants you can still get mad, but that feeling doesn't fester and you move on with your life.

It's a positive thing.

not a meme, but the chemical disbalance is indeed easily cured by manual labor in the fresh air while antidepressants just numb your brain

Self loathing is an existential disorder for egotistical misery addicts.

Dumb ass teens claim they have "anxiety" because they're feeling stressed out in the moment, or it's some sort of badge of honor or something.

Me, I can be sitting there having a conversation with my buddy and get hit with this awful feeling of dread and there's no explaining it. I won't take meds for it, been dealing with it for years. I just usually control my breathing and go outside to be with nature and it makes me feel better. It passes within five minutes, and I can go about my day. The best way I can describe it is imagine you're in your house and you think you're in trouble and you're waiting for the police to show up and get that feeling of dread every time you hear a door slam because you think it's them. That's what it feels like, and it just hits at random times and isn't prompted by anything. I could be at a party, talking a girl, at work, sitting here shit posting...

You are addicted.

Do either of you raving hippies have a source

Having depression is actually quite redpilled.
>No pleasure from degeneracy
>Immune to conditioning
>Engage in a noble struggle with your inner nature
no wonder jewish doctors are always trying to drug people who have it

This damn it. Fuck Nu Summer Pol. Sort your life out and clean your room and go talk to some girls you little NEET faggots.

this is jews implanting their sick sadistic brains onto our precious innocent whites
they always feel like the disgusting wanting outsiders they are so they are spreading it to everyone else through every media possible.

No, look at King Solomon. Depression may very well be the sign of a wise man.
I don't agree with all the medicine though. Your picture has truth to it.

I believe there is a connection between leftism and depression

In a world of the emotionally blind, the sighted, empathetic person is labelled "insane."

>in the forest
>you can get diseases
>from just walking around

I suspect that most people are not depressed. They are actually the kind of people who always look for the easiest path of least resistance in life. This is the reason they end up with unhappy lives, and the reason that they turn the medication to solve the chronic unhappiness that comes with making poor choices.

>hehe goy don't get mad
>just take these happy pills
>why don't you check faceberg while you're at it
Look up Benzo withdrawal.

There is no such thing as mental illness, only aliment of stars of factors in your life, biology physiology, environment that can result it documentable distress... companies take advantage of to sell drugs. Don't be fooled by the snake oil salesmen.

OH MAN I'M LIKE, SO OCD LIKE SOMETIMES I CHECK MY ALARM LIKE, NO JOKE LITERALLY FIVE TIMES HEH

No, it's not.
But the vast majority of people who claim to be depressed ain't truly depressed, just whiny faggots looking for attention.

new user here

i feel so out of touch with my fellow brain washed sheeps
watdo?

I know that pol thinks anti depressants are a jew but all I can say is that my life is way better on them. And its not like they turned me into a good goy I'm still a racist pollack

depression is a choice for weak minded special sno flake fagots and faggot enablers.
strong minded people will always choose happiness over depression

What if nature makes me depressed too?

you probably need some vitamin D like all high north fags

ssri antidepressants are 30% effective, while plecebos are 15% effective.

Amphetamines are 95% effective.

/bread

The problem is that people can't differentiate clinical depression from living an unfulfilling lifestyle.

/thread

if it is, I've taken the bait and fallen for the meme. fuck taking the good goy pills though.

>go to the woods to relax
>fire pits and beer cans
>rubbish all over
>constant fear that someones gonna sneak up on me and rape my arse

Just makes things worse

How the fuck does a dog get depressed

Don't mind all the pharma shills. They're getting desperate because more and more people are realizing these drugs are criminally harmful.

theguardian.com/society/2015/may/12/psychiatric-drugs-more-harm-than-good-expert
>trials carried out with funding from drug companies into the efficacy of psychiatric drugs have almost all been biasedsciencedaily.com/releases/2016/06/160608212148.htm
>The findings indicate that out of 14 antidepressant drugs, only fluoxetine was more effective at relieving the symptoms of depression than placebo
bmj.com/content/352/bmj.i65
>antidepressant treatment was causing increases in suicidality and aggression
madinamerica.com/2017/02/new-data-showslack-efficacy-antidepressants/

If, thanks to the shills, the overuse of these drugs are creating an army of violent psychopaths, should pharma company employees and directors be charged with mass murder?

Please archive it

>theguardian com/society/2015/may/12/psychiatric-drugs-more-harm-than-good-expert
archive.is/taaMB

This is an antidepressant, everything else is shit.

Remember when Steve jobs tried to cure himself with fairy farts and died?

Good times.

what a fucking normie meme

>have depression
>can't do anything but want to die

No, and depression can also be a symptom for more serious illnesses like schizophrenia

>t. someone who doesn't have depression.

its not a matter of doing nice things or getting out of the house, depression means your brain has simply cut off the feeling of contentment or happiness. thats why depressed people kill themselves, because nothing they do makes them feel happy.

This.

Everybody wants to be a >special snowflake and pretend like they aren't responsible for their own unhappiness. I went through a rough patch for about a year and a half that, looking back, was 100% self inflicted. I'm so goddamn thankful that I didn't cave in on the prescription the (((psychiatrist))) gave me.

Just go outside and take a walk. Do it for a week. Do it for a month. It isn't some hippy new age bullshit science that our bodies crave natural light, fresh air, and even the most mild execercise.

There's a difference between being depressed and just being a sad sack of shit.

Depression is a meme. Only weak minded people have depression.

Hahahaha goy of the month over here

>better living
That's assuming a lot friendo

thats like saying someone with asthma is a fucking pussy

This - Depression is not a meme, depression meds are a meme.

Blaming the sick for their suffering is the hallmark of a psychopath.

Truth. Recently (finally) made it to acceptance! And guess what, I feel normal again, got a dope job and for the first time things are really starting to look up.

my brother killed himself because of anti-depressants.

Also yeah this

It's the first time I see something even remotely positive about antidepressants. Every time people complained about desencitization, impotence, dulling of every feeling without significant improvement of mood.
I used to take those exact same meds, they fucked me up for a long time, I'm not even sure I recovered completely even now.

i think depression is just low t.

This. I run about 24km a week now. Feeling good.

what do you know, a powerful drug designed to make you artificially happy has made you feel happy. who'd have thought!

i'm going to guess you've been on for a year or less. the pendulum swings both ways. right now you're up, but you'll fall back down, and the only solution will be to increase your dosage.

youtube.com/watch?v=EzRaWyG9Z1k

yes.

people take pills because it's easier than exercising every single day. that's it.

True depression that can only be treated by meds isnt a meme. The meme is the fake depression that can be treated through lifestyle changes and exercise that phychiatrists treat with meds anyway.

It's not so much leftism so much as it is any sort of ideological extreme. Recently tptb have been politically polarizing the shit out of the US so more and more people are getting depressed because their fancy new world view is telling them how things should be (hint: very different from the status quo for both sides) and the simple equation for happiness tells us that Happiness = Expectations - Reality
Do the math
Then find Jesus

HAHAHAHAHAGAHAHAHAHA
>cityfags actually believe this

No but the medication is a meme, if by meme you mean worthless garbage peddled by the pharmeceutical industry that does nothing and that they have no idea what they're doing because the brain right now is too difficult to figure out.

I've read that shrooms and lsd in micro doses helps depression out a lot but (((they))) made it and many other plants illegal(I know lsd isn't a plant, and eel neither are mushrooms but you get the point and I was mainly talking about mushrooms and other natural grown things).

Haha nice img

Oh, so my depression wasn't legitimate? The nooses I tied in my closet weren't real? My brother isn't dead?

Get over yourself. Depression affects a lot of people, and has for probably hundreds of years as we've moved away from a state of nature and into artificial societies.

Don't buy into MARKETING by billion dollar pharmaceutical companies that tells you their product is the only way out.

BULLSHIT. You can defeat depression by replicating nature--free your body of toxins like alcohol, exercise vigorously, get plenty of sleep.

Do you do all of these things? No, you pop a pill that spikes your adrenaline for one more day so you can avoid adopting a healthy lifestyle.

no because depression causes memory loss and drugs are hte only thing that helps to recover it

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_equivalence

no biological etiology for depression

the meds have no scientific evidence backing them up other than questionnaires of "how do you feel while changing your rewards passageway?"

hope you dont kill yourself!

I was on SSRIs for about six months. I went from getting extremely angry at my friends for every little thing and crying in my bed at night regarding how worthless I was to having no feelings at all.

Worse, the first three months my dick was desensitized and couldn't ejaculate within 20 minutes of fapping. Which, if I was with a woman would have been great.

I kept reading about this shit and decided to get off of them; luckily I was on a small dose. Still don't have a fucking life though.

These things fuck with brain chemistry. My advise is to avoid them. Problem is, shrinks don't do anything either.

>drugs are hte only thing that helps to recover it

Lol no.

Drugs put you in more of a fog.

I like how they all increase suicidal ideation too.

Really gets the noggin joggin.

Hahaha bruv you ain't got shit for woods on your prison island. Don't think your pathetic sample is indicative of real wilderness

and most physical ailments too!

It's also called being gay.

>proven to cause/exacerbate depression
You fucking druggie

God saves the despairing.

If youre a happy guy and got everything going for you , you better watch the fuck out. Youre probably an enemy of god.

THIS
H
I
S

Get out and exercise, then eat a piece of meat. Don't eat grains or sugars today.

Depression is not a meme.
Antidepressants are not a meme.

However. Antidepressants have side effects and create dependance.

I have to take PPIs for my acid reflux, it's a similar situation, it makes my stomach activity actually more volatile, so I'm trying to lose weight so that I don't need them anymore.

Stop drinking, start exercising.

Stop playing video games, read paper books.

Hard truths, but essential truths.

You were sad and thrown out of balance by an inability to grieve properly, you didn't have "depression"

No it's not. For 4 months, I felt nothing but despair and had panic attacks for absolutely no reasons (besides me failing at school at the time but it's fixed now)
And it disappeared like it was nothing.