>OH FUG

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O6ayb02bwp0
youtube.com/watch?v=9FwIXJYu8ms
youtube.com/watch?v=9e5HDVvBjvk
apmex.com/product/102462/2017-great-britain-1-oz-silver-britannia-bu
store.firstmajestic.com/product/view/105
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

hum, so everything is still as it has been for the last decade?

Welp, we had a decade to prepare for what might have happened.

pic related.

People have been endlessly predicting economic collapse, but it hasn't happened. Nobody is accurate when it comes to this.

actually they are grossly undervaluing the total size of the derivatives bubble.

worldwide humanity basically has a 2 quadrillion dollar liability on its hands.

an interesting note: if you simply googled "size of the derivatives bubble" this 2 quadrillion (2,000,000,000,000,000) dollar figure would pop right up. now it shows much lower figures, probably as a measure to prevent justifiable public panic.

Bump for interest

Jesus christ. This combined with the raising levels of defaulters on credit card debt is a bad fucking sign, if the credit bubble burst and the derivative market crashes again it would possibly completely destroy the whole world economy, worse than it did before. And remember that on average every 1% Unemployment goes up 40000 people die.

If you're unaware of what this means I strongly recommend you watch the move The Big Short (currently on Netflix.)

Goddamn the fucking banks.

If they turn up the interest very much, it all comes tumbling down.

we're not giving you more view for your channel faggot
no one knows when the crash will come
it's just always +/- 5 years away

see you in september

I fell asleep at the very end, but that was a pretty good movie, especially for such a mainstream movie made this far after it all happened.

Here, have a classic. Predates the housing bubble, but it's a good complement to The Big Short in terms of covering the historical perspective.
youtube.com/watch?v=O6ayb02bwp0

Still using fiat money kek

it's 2017 grandpa

Will my Walmart job survive? I literally have nothing else in life to support me...

I wonder how somebody still can be surprised that a system based on exponential growth has to break at some point.

should i just buy up food and water before shit hits the fan?

>its a Sup Forums predicts thread

I've seen FtF but thanks for reminding of it, means I can watch it again.

holy fuk

>Woow, a hick is telling me that world banking system is about to crash
Why do you guys keep making stupid threads?

End point water filtration is just plain sensible, whether you're using roof runoff, some dick pipes in dirty river water, or you're hiking and you don't want to get the shits. Cheap and easy.

Putting away 6-12mo food isn't expensive. Freeze dried and dehydrated would be the best option. But it's not going to hurt you and after 20-30 years when it comes near the end of its shelf life then either eat it or give it to the hungry.

Two very obvious things with basically no downside. Guns an ammo, too, would be near the top of the list.

many people always say that there is a economic collapse next year and never happen.

Can I offer you a BBC documentary about LTCM instead?
youtube.com/watch?v=9FwIXJYu8ms

These sorts of things happen frequently, although for us we have yet to really get whacked like some other countries.

Late to the game I see.

youtube.com/watch?v=9e5HDVvBjvk

how much does this all cost roughly food/water wise?

probably get laid off.

save money my good goyim.

Pretty fucking dumb, ay wot?

It is happening.
It happens everyday.
Life gets shittier. Basic things become more expensive. Jobs sucks ever more. People have less and less free time. Products decline in quality.
You think collapse will come one day like it suddenly starts snowing?
You are dying from the frost.

>not going long beans, guns, boating accidents, and crpyto

Shiggy

>Walmart wages
>saving fiat currency
I'm confused.

Shemita

You must have all the beans.

I bought a Berkey Light a while back for water (and yes I have actually used it with water not fit to drink) and I think it was something on the order of $100, or maybe less. It came with a couple of little water bottle freebees that are just brilliant for if you're camping or backpacking or whatever.

6mo of frieze-dried food for me was close to $700 back when I got it. Prior to that, when I was strapped for cash, I just kept more canned food around, and you can also do things like a sack of rice that will last a really long time.

As with everything, try using it beforehand. If shit goes sideways and you actually need to use anything you thought you might should get, that's not the time you want to find out you don't know how to use it or it doesn't work or you don't like it or whatever.

finally, i am ready

the fools and parasites will be left to die

As said, we had a decade to prepare, if you haven't by now you deserve everything that is coming to you

find a way or you're fucked.

Ah yes the economy. I hope we all realise that the economy doesn't really exist and it is simply an idea that's gotten pretty big. The idea has become so ingrained that we believe it to be an actual, real thing, to the point where we will suffer recessions and poverty to maintain the illusion it's real.

We could erase all debt if we wanted to. Start fresh. If you could vote to erase all debt, would you vote?

Are ideas controlling us or are we controlling the ideas, maaaaaaaannnnnn?

>"Quick everyone! Lets stock up on the four horseman and Lucifer (EVERYTHING TERRESTRIAL) incarnate to stop god's final judgement of this world!!!!!!"

t. prepper planning to predate on everyone else

underrated

Do not save money, save resources. Things you can use to survive if you cannot go to the store and buy things.

I suggest you get a small parcel of land and learn to grow food. As little as 1 acre is enough to sustain a family. Start learning and growing right now. Get a seed stockpile going you will need a lot and they are very cheap if you know where to look.

Potatoes are easy to grow almost anywhere, they will store over the winter and remain edible plus you can replant the leftovers.

Get chickens or ducks and rotate their location every 3 months to replenish nitrates in the soil.
Get rabbits, they can eat some of your scrap the rest you should compost. Pigs are another option and are excellent at disposing of the bodies of intruders.

You will of course deal with people trying to kill you for your food stockpile but that is why you bought guns and a defensible piece of land, right?

Don't forget water either, get a well, rainwater collection system, or a stream/river/lake. Make sure it is free of contaminants.

Growing food is piss easy, retarded peasants did it for thousands of years.

That's not exponential growth, but 5 collapses from now will be better off at the peak we have now.

Piss easy is an overstatement. If you've never tried it before at any significant scale you're in for a learning curve. Trying to survive off of it on your own is not something a person should expect to be able to do at the drop of a hat.

But your suggestions are good ones anyway. Every little bit might help, and if it's a real deal collapse then probably most people who don't already survive on their own would die. Making it easier to ride out is probably the most practical expectation to hope for.

Just think about if your average person had $1k cash at home instead of wondering how to get pay the bills and roll the debt each month. I got stuck in line at the grocery store today for like 30 minutes behind some dumb nigger trying to figure out what she could load on her EBT card and one of the employees just plain out loud says
>oh jesus christ
under her breath when she has to take half a cart of food and put it back on the shelf because that was how badly this nigress had estimated what she could fit on her card and she gave zero shits at all.

That's because they expect it to be some singular event like when the barbarians sacked Rome. It will probably be marked by a major or a few major events, but it is a process that we have been going through for 15+ years. Economic collapses don't happen overnight. Western Rome was going through an economic collapse long before the barbarians invaded. Had they not been, the barbarians probably would have been repelled. This will be faster than the collapse of the Western Roman Empire, but that still can mean decades. But that means that it could be tomorrow, or by 2030.

Volker knocked up the interest rate to 7% (was it?) and Argentina wound up having to pull a 3:1 devaluation basically overnight.

That wasn't Mad Max, but it was pretty substantial. Good lesson imo.

THIS MEME IS WALLSTREET TRYING TO MAKE THE CRASH HAPPEN. NO CRASH. TRUMP TRAIN CAN ONLY MAGA

Walmart is built from the ground up to thrive in times of economic hardship. This is because it is designed to bring affordable goods to impoverished rural areas with minimal costs to consumers and their bottom line. If things get tough they'll just have another purge of their superfluous "sales strategy innovator" type positions. They may trim their ground level employees some in favor of automation, but they seem to have a policy of keeping bodies in stores to an extent despite fully automating the entire store. Coincidentally, I seem to recall a very recent wave of layoffs and vaguely recall hearing about cutting down unnecessary spending late last year.

t. Fag who loves near HQ and has family in the upper echelon.

>Growing food is piss easy, retarded peasants did it for thousands of years.

Growing a varied, well rounded diet without synthetic inputs without depleting the soil, OTOH, takes a bit more going on up in the noggin. The piss poor peasants often had a few staples and poorer health than their hunter-gatherer ancestors, or they depleted the soil, or both. Don't forget that civilizations like Mesopotamia collapsed, in large part, due to abusing their soil.

I just want to say that Sup Forums has been predicting an economic collapse every year since /new/ existed.

Preppers are gay cunts.

There will be martial law and food stamps and rationing. They're not going to allow people to murder each other over cans of tomatoes. Who in the actual fuck would want to go out like that except maybe niggers?

IIRC, it was closer to 17%, but the USD was on the path to potential collapse back then. But that was in response to Carter's incompetence of dealing with the Nixon Shock, which was in response to LBJ's spending assloads on Vietnam and The Great Society.

You are right, I did suggest people start learning right now though.

I am of the opinion that anyone who can't figure it out by reading a basic book on agriculture and some trial and error would probably be better off dying anyway, such as the stupid nigger in your example. Our decadent way of life has polluted our gene pool with fools who would never have survived in the distant past.

A happening is the best thing humanity can hope for at this point.

You are also right, I thought to put more about this in the post but didn't for the sake of brevity. In a much more long term happening this would of course come into play to a greater extent than it would if it only took a decade to recover

Christ, it was 17%? Fuck, can you imagine what that would do these days? So obviously they're not going to pull that again, but it just goes to show how easy it would be to capsize when we're already stuck up shit creek.

As somebody who up and decided to try growing stuff in recent years, I agree with you entirely. It can be surprisingly easy to get more out of it than you might have thought.

>muh scary jagged lines
>muh phase transitions
>muh unlabeled vertical axis

>tfw posting in a breakroom thread

I'm fairly confident that, if SHTF, I could make my way off to some very out of the way location, and if I could last the 1st year, after 3-5 years, I would have a very productive farm/ranch, and that's starting with poor soil. But I live in a hostile environment for a lot of plants.

>be depressed
>lurk Sup Forums for a year
>become a little inspired to better myself and clean my room
>getting ready to move out and get my life back
>LOL GREAT DEPRESSION TIME

god damn it. My $60k savings in the bank are going to be worthless right? Hell the bank probably wouldn't even give it to me if the economy gets that bad. What do I do lads?

JUST

get off ur phone slave

Why aren't you in BTC or Silver 1oz coins? WTF have you been doing?

What do you have for an interest rate? I can't imagine keeping $60k in the bank since our inflation rate outpaces the interest rate by several percent.

Start thinking where better to stash your cash. That could be an investment in tools or location or education or whatever for your future. A friend of mine a few years back decided to go can his career and go get a fancy degree. I was skeptical at the time if that was a good idea, but he's good at what he does, he likes it, and I think it will have been a much better decision than I had thought at the outset.

He recently got a somewhat nice car to lease and now he's doing an internship in a different state that he likes better and he's thinking of buying funs.

This.

I don't know how or what to invest money into. I'm a dumbarse.

House price crash on the way in London.

kill yourself shill rat

OP screen capped the money slide so you don't even have to click the video, you absolute retard

I used to watch this dude's channel. he's made some false predictions before and talks about a lot of /x/ tier conspiracy nonsense. I wouldn't take it seriously.

At this point it's all meaningless.

Bring it on quickly

>not taking your pay in canned goods, guns, bullets, and potable water
why?

We are of like mind friend.

Take great care to ensure you will survive that first year. Depending on the season when the happening occurs you may not have any viable crops that will be ready in a short amount of time. You will need to have a stockpile of food to survive until harvest, or become very well versed in wild edibles and trapping in your area. The latter is much more difficult than it sounds and requires a large area to sustain a person.

Do Wal-Mart breakrooms still have that separate "smoking room" that gets all dingy and yellow?

All US banques are totally insolvent. Account reclassification software is used dynamically to skirt hard capital reserve rules. 80-90% of cheque deposits are designated at the sub-surface level as savings.

Oh sweetie, I remember when I was too a naive happeningfag.

Why what do you do..buy loavs or bread with gold bars and bitcoin?
>I'm prepared to eat human flesh and steal your gold and guns cunt.

Stories I've read about semi-recent happenings we might want to learn from often include tidbits like pets going missing (or in the case of e.g. guard dogs being poisoned before plunder) and trees or other combustibles getting used up.

I recall even in a story from the Irish Potato Famine, there was reference made to removing an interior wall of the house to burn. That was a slight comedy bit, but obviously informed by the kind of thing that happens when people have to keep warm.

I have a -20C rated fancypants backpacking sleeping sack that seems to work pretty good as far as I've used it. Seems like a pretty good kind of thing to have if you live where heat might be a concern. I'm looking for a chance to try this little mylar thing that folds into like the size of a wallet.

This gypsy actually gets it.

not happening, the market will go up under Trump and never go down

Literally nothing is going to happen.

The global collapse happened in 2008...the world eCONomy never recovered..it's just been money printing and lies since. That's why (((they))) have retreatedly pushed for war with Russia..blatantly pushed for it..in Ukraine and Syria and then with the "Russian hackers"...
>war is THE only way to restet the Ponzi (((economy))) that's how it's been since the kikes took control of our money

WW1 WW2 it's always Jews. We always lose and (((they))) always reap the rewards by financing the arms industry and then taking the losers assets as payment I.E. their county.

This guy doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. And if you think he does, you're a fucking idiot. He doesn't even understand the fucking difference between pensions and retirement funds.

get 25% of all long term savings into silver 1oz coins. apmex.com/product/102462/2017-great-britain-1-oz-silver-britannia-bu great design, otherwise look at the 2oz Queen's beast set. Edward coin is fashy as fuck. Silver is a hedge against total meltdown, but will perform decently in a market reset.

Get another 25% in a widely traded crypto currency. Learn how to use the shit. It will be better than gold or silver in the event of a soft collapse.

have 25% in cash and secured safely, so not all of your living expense funds can be seized or frozen by the bank in case of job loss + bank run.

buy gun, then hold remainder like everything is normal and carry on with life.

Never underestimate their ability to kick the can down the road. The big one is coming for sure, but we don't know if it's coming in 2, 5, or 10 years. If you bought gold and silver in 2008-2010, you missed out on a huge rally in stocks and real estate (DOW went from 6,000 in 2009 to 21,000 today - you could have tripled your money just buying an index fund and fucking off for 10 years)

Something big is definitely coming. Demographics are fucked, Latinos won't into white collar jobs at the same rate as whites, Amazon is going to kill commercial real estate and retail, millenial hatred of suburbs (not to mention student loans) is going to kill residential real estate, government debt keeps growing all the time, too many thing are coming together

Don't tell him to buy fancy silver. All he needs is recognizable government-minted 1oz silver coins, and not Chinese ones. IIRC the Perth Mint puts out like kowalas or kangaroos or something.

But at $60k he might as well toss a part of that in to British Gold Sovereigns, perhaps the most recognized gold coin in the world, an it's even fractional at roughly 1/5 try oz per coin. Can't go wrong.

As for cash, as an individual, 3mo notes living expenses at home. 3mo in the bank.

Is this Dave Ramsay?

He is no hick. He is a pretty legit financial analyst/money saving guy.

1. Speculation. Also retirement accounts != public pensions
2. There are stricter rules on the amount of leverage these banks can take, capital holdings size is important but not what caused an issue in 2008.
3. Doesn't account for inflation. Derivatives aren't dangerous as long as leverage isn't ridiculous to hedge against risk. Also to call it a "bubble" off hand is retarded.
4. The fed has started to shrink it's balance sheet, that's whats important, not to lower it's rates. It needs to be able to buy up bonds and increase it's balance sheet in times of QE. Anyways, you can have negative interest rates (like Japan has done) to push people to spend their money.

This is legit some zero hedge level retard shit.

Guns. Tinned beans.

It always happens doesn't it

>BPearthwatch
You realize he's a shill right? The dude has been wrong about so many fucking events. Its ridiculous.

How is the 1oz Britannia a weird fancy coin chinese coin? Who wouldn't want this british coin from the Queen's beasts set.

>edgy post on a mongolian astrophysics board without a voting system is underrated

Why would you tell someone to take their hard earned money and drop it in BTC after the move its made? It like saying invest in housing in the 2006.

HUR DUR AISDJOAIHSEIUAH IT'S FUCKING HAPPENEDINGINWE OMG I'M A FUCKING RETARD

NOTHING IS HAPPENING YOU DUMB SHIT NOTHING WILL EVER HAPPEN THERE WILL BE NO ECONOMIC COLLAPSE, THE ONLY THING THAT WILL COLLAPSE IS YOUR ASSHOLE GETTING FUCKED BY 10 MILLION DICKS YOU CUNT

2k+ is the new normal. Get over it.

Because it's meant to appeal to people who place value on the coin over the metal content. There's nothing wrong with some fun coins. I have a few bits and pieces that are just neat to have.

But if you're wondering what to do with a substantial savings, then it's irrelevant. You want the most metal for the least jewbux, and you want it to be easily liquidated. After a decent position of that is built you can start to move in to more real deal categories rarity.

There is no shortage of timber where I live! But that is a good lesson, an option for those without trees to burn could be some sort of solar stove.

The mylar blankets are great, but you will wake up soaked in sweat, cold be an issue in the cold. Don't wear cotton!

>soaked in sweat
That's what I was afraid of. Always want to try it out first. I was thinking it might just be something to put in the glovebox to use as a shock blanket in an emergency or something like that.

>no cotton
wool? I hear about wool but in my climate so far cotton and spandex have been pretty tits for day to day life.

how would one even go about investing in gold or silver?
is there a website for information?

Just had dinner with my extremely wealthy uncle. He's pretty convinced of this. Though I will tell you that if the government starts seizing the funds of private accounts, you're going to have a civil war. There is no way you take peoples retirement savings and they don't start killing federal employees.

If asteroid mining becomes a thing and silver goes to zero, you are gonna want silver trinkets of the by-gone era that at least looks good.

If you just want cheap pure silver rounds, store.firstmajestic.com/product/view/105 but they are boring and ugly as fuck.