Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world. Atheism is in decline worldwide...

Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world. Atheism is in decline worldwide, with the number of atheists falling from 4.5% of the world's population in 1970 to 2.0% in 2010 and projected to drop to 1.8% by 2020,

Real surveys and statistics say atheism is on the decline worldwide. Sorry atheists but atheism is not on the rise nor is it winning. It's still the minority and a declining one at that.

The Pew Research Center's statistics show that atheism is expected to continue to decline all the way into 2050 with a continued growth of religion. Other research also shows a huge surge in growth for Christianity in China which is currently the world's most "atheist" nation because of the atheist communist government suppressing religion, the research suggests that China will soon become the world's most Christian nation within 15 years.

This is simply history repeating itself: Christianity prospered in Rome back in the ancient era when it was suppressed and it still grew in the militant atheist soviet Russia when it was suppressed there only a century ago with the majority of Russians today now also identifying as Christian. Just goes to show that atheist suppression of religion still doesn't stop religion.

Sources for the legion of whiny /Redditor/ fedoras that will no doubt show up it this thread:

pewforum.org/2015/04/02/religious-projections-2010-2050/
pewforum.org/2012/12/18/global-religious-landscape-unaffiliated/
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10776023/China-on-course-to-become-worlds-most-Christian-nation-within-15-years.html
masterrussian.com/russia/facts.htm

That is euphoric

NOT AN ARGUMENT

>atheism
>a religion

Well it is a set of beliefs. There's a big chance we live in a simulation and simulations are created by a designer. Simulation theory is a theist theory

>fedoras were popular in the 1920s through to the mid 50s
>now only atheists and johnny depp wear them
what happened?

I don't care about atheism, I just really dislike that they pretend that science=atheism, and they push that everywhere, on their sites they also try to prove that the old scientists were also atheist "oppressed by religion so they couldn't say otherwise", do they even read some history about science?

>China
>Christian

This Poletard keeps posting this crap for years now.

Atheism is growing in first world countries but it's growth is counteracted by high sandnigger and poo in loo birth rates

Its not a set of beliefs.
Good, the less people that are atheist the more quality the idea will be.
t. Atheist

>atheism
>religion

Not collecting stamps is a hobby.

all the same retard religions from the middle east. we lack a sufficient answer cause it would be most likely very complicated and challenging. nothing of that jew shit is true, its just entirely made up by people for various or even no reason at all. humanity is fucked up, its not the only crazy thing around. its the same with smoking, those who start do so because of those that are already in.

its all some nice feel good fairy tales that do not survive a test with reality and you have to bullshit yourself with insane mental gymnastics to make it somehow work...thanks no.

I think this explains the Fermi paradox

You've been posting the same crap over and over Karol. It's been months by now, stop this nonsense, nobody cares or should care about atheists.

I haven't seen this copycats in a while.
You're likely to troll a whole new crowd, Polandbro.

also young people below 30 seem
to have little imagination or understanding of the vastness of the universe+time. all what we have today is based on some simple sets of rules (where we know they are there, yet dont know exactly how they are linked) + galactic shitloads of time & space; you dont need a god for that.

very heart warming that there are more and more sheeps believing in the invisible man with every year. im really proud of humanity and to be a part of it.

atheism is NOT a religion. Before we get to the whole hurr durr they BELIEVE there is nothing to believe in we should explain the difference between hard scientism and agnosticism so the newfags stop shitting up the threads with memes.

Now, on a serious note, buddhism was the closest to atheism, but not really, nietchze considered it nihilism, a means to escape from the ultimate fear of this world, so they created a religion OF nothingness itself as something to be overcome and surpassed.

Atheism is great when you are a teenager, but when someone dear to you dies you genuinelly question it all. My father died recently, there was an open casket and all... six months later, i still cant come to terms with it.

The problem that Nietchze talked about is basically this: people WANT to believe, but the ACT or the POSSIBILITY ITSELF seems APSURD to the modern man, and modernity itself is about as anti-mystical as it can get. The whole world is coming to terms that our power (knowledge, the fact we can influence climate, dna, a.i., a global world) is growing yet man himself is becoming smaller, almost insect-like.

That's right buddy. Probabilistic statistical quantum simulations can't boot themselves up.

>all these fedora memes

Why does Sup Forums conflate atheists with beta autists? Is it because of reddit ""intellectuals""?

Prepare to die a virgin.

Well they aren't wrong
Religion describes the world and how it came to be .
Science study's the world and how it came to be.
If religion =/= science then atheism is correct

I would be glad to read that id it didn't mean that Islam is on the rise.

>Why does Sup Forums conflate atheists with beta autists
Because beta autists are usually atheist.

Again - called it 4~5 years before it happened.

among other things.
like Mekel's plan for europe (at first most people liked her, she didn't reveal her views yet to public)

right. there are vaginas only for believers. not a single atheist ever got laid. lmao XDDDD

how do you come to terms that it is all just hopeless then? it makes me depressing as fuck. and its not like islam can survive in the long term, say, 200 years from now. the only way is if people are desperately lying to themselves and clinging to a tradition.

What you're missing is the surge in people who don't really follow any religion but describe themselves as "spiritual" as an excuse for stealing talismans and traditions from a dozen different faiths.

>atheism
>a religion
user I have some bad news for you..

Wal sie pedale.

Does reddit really do meet-ups?
I've got to go to one of these things, I just have to see.

I hope in the future we have a religion that is straight up lovecraftian. plus, death cults and public sacrifices and lunatics screaming that the abyss is singing or some shit.

>inb4 thats islam

islam is not cool enough

I´d rather hang out with every single one of these neckbeards than some Evolution denying Drumpfcuck or Achmed and the gang.

Fuck you religious faggots.

>atheism is a religion
Stop posting this dumb pasta retarded Pole
Sage

>and its not like islam can survive in the long term, say, 200 years from now. the only way is if people are desperately lying to themselves and clinging to a tradition.
What the hell do you base that on? As long as the dessert is habitable there will be some tribe of muslims out there.
>the only way is if people are desperately lying to themselves and clinging to a tradition
That's a good portion of religion in general and you could even argue that they're doing a better job of maintaining tradition than other religions.

Atheism was just a tool to undermine and disintegrate Christendom, but that wasn't hard since the priest caste leadership in a society are always corrupt shitbags. Buddha and Luther know what I'm talkin' about. Even Based Dawkins has come to realize in horror that his life's work of spreading euphoria and fedoras destroyed a bulwark which has allowed much more malignant religions to spread into the vacuum. All the beta armchair atheists tip their fedoras and demand you APOLOGIZE to Islam, where they used to attack christianity nonstop.

Yes I'm sure this has nothing to do with Africa's population growing ridiculously fast while Europe & China's population are either steady or in decline

Clearly this means that theists are superior or something

Your best argument, halfwit? You seem to be the virgin

I think that the advancement is just going to do to them what it did to the west. Young populations are going to become increasingly hedonistic and will start to search for meaning like in the west.

I think that all those fanatics are basically atheist in denial honestly.

>That's a good portion of religion in general

True, but you have to RESPECT those traditions, which is becoming hard worldvide to do. I think buddhism will survive but islam is a revelation religion it HAS to be absolute, and science will destroy it like it did with us.

>Atheism is great when you are a teenager, but when someone dear to you dies you genuinelly question it all.

Speak for yourself. I've had plenty of close friends and family die and I remain steadfast in my atheism. Feels aren't reals and just because you want to feel like your father is still out there somewhere doesn't mean there is any good reason to think that. Intellectual honesty is the highest moral value.

Reddit meet-up . I don't have the original unfortunately

And fat Americans on pol are usually nazis. So I guess that means all nazis are fat Americans.

*tips fedora*

>Its not a set of beliefs.

But it is. It's the believe that one hold's no belief about the existance of god - why is rediculous.
Everyone holds either a belief in God, a belief of non-existance (rediculous view) - Or anything in between which would fall under Agnosticism.

Either you are a theist, belief there is no god(bring it on), or an agnost.
You can't just claim you have a "lack of belief" because that's simply not true.
Animals and super retards are the real atheists who REALLY "lack a belief".

Kolegow lamusie szukasz na 4chanie? XD co za przeszczep pierdolony.

that's true though

You're a confused person.

Atheism isn't a set of beliefs. It is the lack of a belief in any gods.

Not collecting stamps is not a hobby.

Atheism is only prevalent in populations with high IQs like whites and asians. Atheists aren't declining world wide because people are "turning back to god", it's because the nigger population is fucking exploding and whites and asians are being replaced. If you're celebrating this you're retarded.

PASTA
A
S
T
A

>poolish education

>Intellectual honesty is the highest moral value.

Hey, not arguing against that. However, it is interesting just how much religion is important, look at all western art for the past 1800 years, its all jesus, saints, mary, and its great. i am sure that without it most people cant cope.

>Feels aren't reals and just because you want to feel like your father is still out there somewhere doesn't mean there is any good reason to think that

True. But it also has larger implications. For instaqnce why should i care about something as short lived as a nation, my flag or race? Its all just an accident anyway. If we had a war, why should i die.

>Inb4 because reasons

Muh ancestors is feels as well user. Sacrificing my life for my people seems crazy, there are no "my" people, there is me, and i will die, so why should i care? Life like that will create slaves as much as it would create heroes i think.

>too inteligent to not go to hell

>Atheism is only prevalent in populations with high IQs like whites and asians.
this. the best example is Japan. christcucks and other simple minded creatures wont get it.

>japan
>neets, faggots tree worshippers and whores
FUCKING BASED

Exactly, people celebrating this are celebrating white genocide because of "fedora memes xDDD"

pic also related of "based christians xDDD"

Fedora meme was invented by feminists to shame atheists for not becoming a religion (cf. atheism+), too.

>muh skin

it seems you don't get a choice in hanging out with Achmed, what with him hanging out of your wife 'n' all

I guess feminists are good for something.

Theism is for people who need to rely on a supernatural force for emotional strength.
In other words weak willed men.

Behold how the jew considers low IQ good, green, and and high IQ bad.

Fucking pieces of shit who made this are too scared to be seen to be making a statement.

>race is just skin

leave

>Behold how the jew considers low IQ good, green, and and high IQ bad.
It is.

>tfw to intelligent to debate christfags on pol

It's mostly because Moslems are breeding like rabbits, driving down the % of every other religion.

Your grand children will be christian. they prob won't even know atheism existed

>Atheism is shrinking

So is the white race. Really makes you think.

2 intelligent 2 bee a slave

>be Christian
>find Evolution supports Christianity
>have to deal with both sides of retards
>isolated and hated

God's so wonderful and powerful that he designed the Universe's mechanics. His Plan is the fabric of reality. How can people limit God to 'Earth and a few lights in the sky' when you can attribute EVERYTHING to him? He is a Master Architect of Evolution. Therefor evolution is a holy process that lead to Man, we are created in his image in a way that we have been provided a spirit to go with our mind and body.

*Tips fedora

It is not a stretch of the imagination to realize there is a world beyond perception. For example the blind simply cannot perceive things others can. Similarly humans, in general, are not be able to percieve the entirety of the universe.
Muh science can only verify what is within perception.
Suppose the was a God, no amount of science could ever root him out, since he is a metaphysical concept and not an empirical entity.
So in my mind, existence of a God is not 100 percent unlikely. So thats why Im not an atheist.
Then there is the question of unwavering faith. Certainty of God, this is only something you can obtain with medetation or mind twisting. I believe that mysticism is being deliberately destroyed in the west. There is something to be said about the peace of mind one gets with faith, and it doestn even have to be faoth in an established religion either. They are far too dogmatic.

you know the theory about ying and yang right? the poison and antidote? a strong man is a heavy poison, and needs its antidote. a man that doesnt need an antidote is weak as fuck

do the philosophy yourself,

Lol, religions are only growing because the shitskins are propagating like fuck.

That's because smart people in the west don't have as many kids as the religious people who live in shitholes like the middle east or india

Intelligence is an objectively good thing. The higher it is, the better.

>I think that the advancement is just going to do to them what it did to the west. Young populations are going to become increasingly hedonistic and will start to search for meaning like in the west.
I don't claim to be an expert but I don't think they're going to repair and develop to that point anytime soon. They still haven't stopped self-destructive cycles of violence.
They're also so fractioned that even if some bigger groups develop under governments there will still be some small group with a different view out in some wasteland that's not worth the money it would take to control.

I agree it's an inevitable evolution for just about any religion but all kinds of factors can delay it and you have other examples like cults that have some success against it.

Idk why fanatics would be more likely to be atheists in denial but then such assumptions of false belief are kinda bs in general imo. I mean I could say everyone secretly knows all religion is bullshit but that's unprovable and a useless claim.

There are multiple types of buddhism too, some are basically philosophy while others have militant extremists just like radical islam.
I'm not sure how much science destroyed christianity or any religion, more just changed its place. I mean there a people and groups and governments both christian and muslim that battle against evolutionary theory and stem cell research. They actually look at lot more similar when you look at policy and goals separate from the word "cristianity/islam".

You know what is interesting though?

Have you noticed that as humans grow in power they are moving less and less?

Just like god.

We can communicate through technology these days. Maybe god is just so terrified of what he created and exhausted that he gave up, OR, he actually intervenes all the fucking time but we cant perceive it at all.

But yeah, god is pretty much a neet if he is real.

Absolute power pretty much means no need for movement, why would you show up anyway?

>a set of beliefs
>atheism
>a lack of belief

Why would you EVEN CONSIDER BOTHERING addressing such a claim?
Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair color.
The debate is about epistemology.
The thiests don't believe it for any underlying rational reasons, and so rational debate with them will fall flat, or 'come down to faith' IE priori assumptions used for their foundational.
"IF the bible is the accurate word of god, THEN THEREFORE it is holy and ineffable" is too accurate a line of logic, because it allows them to consider the possibility that it isn't in any way factual.

for me God is a way of life, living in accordance to reality and nature. lazy post-modernists doomed a generation because they didn't want to believe that as humans beings there are some limits to humanity currently. Stoicism FTW