Are SJWs just modern-day Puritans?

Are SJWs just modern-day Puritans?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Swamp_Fight
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no, they are not pure.

It has an element of truth to it, but it is only an America-centric point of view.

In their mind they are. They just have a different idea of purity, but they demand that all others follow their strict rules of thought and behavior.

they know that they are distgusting and the are celebrating how distgusting they are
just watch amy schumer

No, puritans were big into subservience in a way few modern people are.

They are modern day faggots. There's nothing "pure" about being a lying SJW nu-male whose only goal is to virtue signal his way to pussy. Too bad for them it fails every time.

Again, it's a different kind of purity. In both cases, it's freedom from sin, but the sins are different. To the original puritans, sin was disobedience to God. To modern puritans, sin is racism, sexism, homophobia, etc.

They are the same in that they have a strict code of thought and behavior, that they don't just hold themselves to, but that they try to force everyone else to live by too.

You talk about "virtue" signaling. That implies a code of conduct. It is different from that of the original Puritans, but it is still a strict code, and virtue signaling is the same as being "holier than thou."

They are subservient to different gods, such as Marx and the Negro. In the same way as original Puritans tried to placate God and win his approval, modern-day SJW puritans do the same thing by saying and doing things that will please the Negro, and they try very hard not to say or do anything that will offend a Negro or make them angry.

Gee I dont know rampant homosexual intercourse and sex changes and open relationships. . hurn menstrual blood paintings and bugsharing

Yep sounds like the puritans

Yes, and so is Sup Forums.

Today's puritans have different standards, but what is still the same about them is how they try to make everyone else follow their rules and ostracize anyone who doesn't.

Mentally and emotionally they are. I saw some SJW pagans waffling on about the Salem Witch Trials, they didn't seem to realize they are the ones with that 'hang 'em!' mentality now.

Is it? I don't get the impression Sup Forums is so strict about trying to make others think like they do and punishing people if they disagree.

Puritans are obsessed with sin. Modern puritans are obsessed with the sins of racism, sexism, etc. What sins is Sup Forums obsessed with? Do we try to force others to agree with us and silence those who do not?

No.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Swamp_Fight

You are thinking about the Quakers.

No. Puritans actually wanted to live by a moral code, believed in God, and feared Him

They are literally the opposite of pure and publicly acknowledge it dude
>I am a nasty woman

Yes, and they are completely ignorant of it. SJWs act like the most self-righteous, judgemental, sanctimonious Christians.

Wow they are exactly the same. You are so smart. Like fuck social cohesion and stuff right guys?

The biological stock of Puritans are the Hutterites, Mormons, and a handful of other minor religious revivalist groups with varying levels of luddite behavior.

The New Englanders who would become Unitarians and Progressives are actually the people who lived nearby and disliked Puritans. They were mostly normie Congregationalist, Anglican, Presbyterian, Methodist, and Catholic parishioners.

Read moldbug. It's quakerism.

back to plebbit

Have you seen all the Christianity generals popping up recently? Puritanism is clearly on the rise in the aut-right. Every thread I go to I hear talk about enforcing Christian values and punishing degeneracy such as weed and homosexuality.

>le protestants are the true degenerates may may
Nope.
>Mencius Moldbug, aka Curtis (((Yarvin)))
Puritan women were chaste, civic minded, and they minded their menfolk.
SJWs are the exact opposite. They slut around, foment Marxist rebellion, and fight against the man.
What a surprise that Jew Moldbug, whose grandparents were originally introduced to each other in meetings for a communist front group sponsored by the KGB in the 1930's, introduces concepts that confuse commonly accepted terms and spread misinformation.