Is it true that Americans, when traveling abroad, will say they're from Canada?

Is it true that Americans, when traveling abroad, will say they're from Canada?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wgX-RQZpJZk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes

Not anymore

Only if we're in an area filled with sandniggers and human explosives

I don't, because I'm not a fucking pussy

I don't, no need to lie about it.

Not when you're from Texas.
I hear everyone loves Texans

only self hating liberals do

Yes some do and i call them out on it everytime...

>saying you are a nu-male cuck

lol no

is this actually a thing

Yes its fuckinh sad too

Only if they're pussies.

If I was Canadian and travelling abroad I'd probably say that I was American.

faggots might do that

I heard that on (((CNN))) after 9/11, but not since. Prove anybody ever did this. From what I understand, it was a single hippie backpacker who put a fucking leaf on his backpack and then told the news, who will print literally anything, about it.

Maybe communists. Who else wouldn't be proud to be an American?

I've done it when suddenly surrounded by sketchy dudes in Bengali slums.

>Went to Russia for work
>Guy I work with said he's from Canada
>Russians: K
>Say I'm from America
>10 beautiful Russian women run up to jump on my wealthy dick

Yes. Other nations are very jealous of America, but they also laugh at Canada. It gives an American a social advantage to be seen as lesser, AKA Canadian.

Sounds ridiculous.

Maybe leftists who hate their own country and are embarrassed of it.

>We're so enlightened for hating our country and people.

A friend of mine who used to travel around south east asia and lived in malayasia told me that everyone in his family was afraid to admit their origin, so they went with canadian. My brother traveled up there with them and did the same.

When I'm traveling, I don't talk to anyone I don't have to, especially people on the street.

But yes, people seem to assume all Americans abroad are rich, so you have to be careful, scammers and pickpockets will target you. Petty street crime is a big thing in Europe.

Only in places where you might get snackbar'd. Nobody does it in safe countries.

I think it'd be more embarrassing to be Canadian than it would to be a free gun loving burger like me

>burgerpride
Kyll iouself m80

Yep. But, you should take it as a compliment. We know other countries like you more than us.

Canadians think that everyone hates the USA and if you are travelling you should where as many leaf symbols as you can so people will like you better
Seriously, this is actually what 99.99 percent of Canadians fully believe
Is it true? Probably not, Canadians are a laughing stock known for being cucks, the only people who like us are other liberal cuck countries

I always tell people i'm from Texas and they ask if I grew up on a farm which kinda works out because I did.

Only libtards and people who hate being American do/did that.

>mfw hearing about Canadians acting like total pieces of shit while traveling in Europe and telling everyone they're Americans

I was told by a Canadian friend that people like me are the reason his people have to wear their flag when they travel abroad, so as not to be mistaken for a burger.

So yeah, it's real. And yes 'Muricans tell each other you better wear a Leaf when traveling because otherwise people will just hate you.

And then we all wear United States Flags anyway because fuck 'em.

Came here to post this. Plus, if someone doesn't like you because you're from Texas then their opinion can be discarded.

Yes, so that they aren't judged by liberal anti-racists who are being extremely racist to judge an entire group of people based on who their current president is.

Europeans are the worst kind of retards, they have so much hate but no way of expressing it, and any expression of such is inhuman or expressing qualities which would be deemed negative by the herd.

Fucking sheeple man, seriously.

that was when Canada was a peaceful county. Canada is now part of the globalist war machine and is thus hated on par with USA

Yes, it's so that they don't get their asses kicked by muslims when in Europe.

I've been all over Europe and always tell people where I'm from. Being American here is awesome because you're usually revered like a rare tiger or something (except in netherlands where they took all the worst parts of capitalism so they hate on murica because they think it must be worse than their shithole).

I've only ever heard the "pretend to be canadian" crap from canadians.

Also I never display the flag when outside of the US because invasion is not something to joke about.

Yeah man, I've had friends go to the UK unflagged and get food at a restaurant, then when the staff start chatting and found out they're Canadian and not American they threw their food in the garbage and replaced it with something much better.

Yes. I have witnessed it personally, some people even going so far as to put a leaf on their backpack
I never did it though
What a lot of us burgers don't understand is that, if a place also has Australian visitors, we aren't the most hated tourists

I've heard of this happening but the only american i've met was a nigger from south carolina so who can say.

Do people actually do this?

I'd rather kill myself than falsely call myself a fucking leaf.

no

>1 post by OP
check'd

They don't browse Sup Forums otherwise that would be the paradigm

youtube.com/watch?v=wgX-RQZpJZk

In Asian countries Americans are considered some of the best tourist.

Chinese are absolute cancer tourist

Numale faggots and SJW whores do this. Was popular with the people who threatened to move to Canada in 2004 and never did.

Went to England last summer. People knew I was American immediately anyway so I wore it on my sleeve. From what I could gather, American's are either bro tier or retarded tourists, so if you make yourself obviously the former you're accepted

Not anymore

some good number lads. check'd

Texan reporting in. I say I'm Texan. Brits start asking a bunch of questions and are genuinely interested. Aussies treat me like a friend. Continental Europeans get quiet and leave me a lone (except spaniards, there's a mutual dislike of Mexicans I guess, so they try to find common ground). Been to Japan once, and they just started calling me cowboy, even though I don't rope.

That's all I can say.

no its not true.

they are too stupid to do that

I just say I'm from New England and everyone likes me. Mainefag here

Yeah, I got that vibe too. If you're not fat and obviously not touristy all the while being genuinely friendly, they'll treat you right.

Doesn't really help anymore, but in the past if you went to some place like Malaysia or Indonesia you would absolutely say you were Canadian.