If Africa is starving why do they have the highest population growth?

If Africa is starving why do they have the highest population growth?

>(((hmm, that's a tricky question)))

R vs k selection, feeding the ducks syndrome.

What? U-uh, b-because they uh... they like emmm.... they like making babies!

There are no people living in Africa besides South Africa...

whole lot of 1-minute men

The population growth of countries follows a four/five-stage model.

In the first stage, death rates are extremely high. To ensure that at least some of their children make it to adulthood, people generally have many children to compensate. The net effect is a more-or-less static population growth.

In the second stage, new technologies are introduced which start to reduce the death rate, but cultural reasons mean that birth rates remain extremely high. This leads to a high level of population growth.

In the third stage, education systems and cultural adaptation catch up to the new technology, and people begin having less children as they realise they no longer need to breed like rabbits to ensure their progeny makes it to adulthood. Higher levels of education enabled by the less death-prone society enable women to take up traditionally-male careers, further suppressing birth rates. During this stage, the population continues to increase, but at a slowed rate.

In the fourth stage, the death rate and fertility rate reach a balanced stage, with near-zero population growth. The average age of the population is now quite a bit higher than what it was in the previous stages.

Finally, in the fifth stage, fertility rates dip below replacement level, leading to a slow decline in population total and a significant aging of the average population.

The problem with Africa is that a lot of their continent is transitioning into Stage 2. To get from Stage 2 to Stage 3, you need to improve educational standards, advance women's rights (to reduce fertility rates) and provide family planning technology such as birth control.

Here is a diagram of the above-described growth pattern.

Because niggers only want to have sex, and not do anything productive.

Sex, Drugs, and Rock and Roll

just like every other depressed person

The same reasons rabbits breed so much. It's so likely that they'll die that they're needs to be a lot of them so at least one will survive.

I think you are mistaken. In economics, your growth percentage can be higher than other countries, but you can still have less supplies.

For example, if a company A has 10 bagels and company B has 1 and I gave 1 bagel to each of them. Company A only grew to 11 bagels, which their growth percentage is much lower to company B who grow 100% increase from 1 to 2.

That's my guess. idk tho.

Now, as for some examples:

Rwanda in the midst of their Genocide would be considered Stage 1.
Afghanistan would be considered Stage 2.
Morocco would be considered Stage 3.
France would be considered Stage 4.
Japan would be considered Stage 5.

Outside of Europe and the Americas, the fastest country to go from Stage 2 to Stage 4 was Iran. In less than 20 years, they radically slashed their birth rates through government-sponsored family planning and a rethink of their stances on various social issues.

Lack of condoms.

poor dumb people breed like rabbits

This, look back to England before the industrial revolution, poor people had many kids so that some survived.

Even if there was a chance of starving, its better to have a chance then no chance at all.

They eat each other. But not before lighting them on fire

Yep. And my grandmother grew up while Australia was still a Stage 2 country, so she ended up having 11 kids, 7 of whom survived to adulthood.

I have a ridiculous number of cousins as a result.

Yeah, even my great-grandfather, raising a family in rural Nebraska had 9 kids, and my other great-grandfather in Virginia had 6. Meanwhile almost my entire family of my parents generation only have 2-3, a few with 4.

Because we keep feeding them.

Actually, these often go hand in hand.

People don't starve to death as a rule. Absolute caloric shortages have been extremely rare throughout history, generally only happening with catastrophic droughts and such.

Instead, people die much, much sooner from malnutrition, increased crime, political conflicts, etc. And people keep having babies at the same rate as ever.

Africa does not have a catastrophic famine. They just have a food shortage, much of it caused by overexporting, income inequality, and endemic violence. Food aid is also a factor.

Another thing about demographic transition models is that, as populations become more urbanised and living standards increase, living costs also increase and space is reduced. Both of these factors lead to people looking to have less children, as having 6 or 7 kids running around a rural property is manageable, but you can probably only squeeze 3 or 4 into an outer suburban house and 1 or 2 into an inner-surburban or urban place, if that.

Can we(USA) expect a new generation of immigrants coming into the US during 2040 from Africa?

worth a read
>Peace Corps guy comes back from Africa with a new outlook

They have 9 kids so that 2-3 may make it to adulthood.

as long as their white its ok

100 people + enough food for 200 + 500 babies = 200 fed + 400 starving
100% population growth and mass starvation at the same time

Idiots can't figure out how to wear protection, so the end up breeding like rats. How do you think the south stays relevant?