/sojg/ - State of Jefferson General (Stanislaus County Edition)

The State of Jefferson is a proposed US state in Northern California (less prominent, but noticeable in Southern Oregon). The State was first proposed in 1941 and a movement quickly sprung up. However, due to the importance of WW2, the movement quickly died down. Many years later during the 90s, the movement resurfaced. As California began rearing towards a very left leaning blue state, more and more northern counties, fed up with being tossed out and disregarded by the Californian government, began the campaign once more to create the State of Jefferson. This will not only bring a conservative state to the west coast, but put a dent in the democrat stranglehold of California and the west coast in general. Since Oroville, the movement has exploded in popularity, making it the most vocal state separation movement in the US. (Note there is another secession movement in Southern California known as the "State of Jackson", however it is not nearly as prominent as the conservative led movement in Northern California).

Note: New development. Residents of Stanislaus county petition to join the Jefferson movement.

Links:

Official Website: soj51.org/

News Articles:

Stanislaus county residents petition to join:

modbee.com/opinion/letters-to-the-editor/article154627374.html

krcrtv.com/news/local/shasta/state-of-jefferson-supporters-file-lawsuit-against-california/496024228

orovillemr.com/article/NB/20170529/LOCAL1/170529766

modbee.com/news/local/news-columns-blogs/jeff-jardine/article130705049.html

Youtube Videos:

youtube.com/watch?v=T8mwwjAeUGM&t=2s

youtube.com/watch?v=LdUIyhD0we0&t=71s

youtube.com/watch?v=lrDWdsjYGeY&t=1s

youtube.com/watch?v=0wFczbAnmww

So, how do you think the rest of California would react to seeing most of the important parts leave?

Bye bye 80% of the water supply...

How would California's electoral votes change? Would they lose some to Jefferson? Also how long will California have before it collapses into itself and blames Jefferson for its own failures?

Oh and also, Fresno county here, c-can I please j-join your new st-state?

*Autistic Screeching*

Still waiting.

They would lose around 4 electoral votes.

And Fresno county voted blue. I'm not sure if you would be welcome.

Also 2 more solidly (R) senators to DC, and X number of (R) reps.

Placer reporting.

We need to make this happen, boys

I didn't vote blue, I'm not even from Fresno, grew up in the glorious high deserts with guns and okies.

Pls....

You guys really need to change your flag, looks like the official flag for /r/TwoX

Do those two electoral votes already factor in the 2 senators?

I'm all for this. I'm in Sonoma County, the first green county on the map from the south on the coast. Thing is, even here 90% of people are libtards

The county itself did. If we're going strictly by counties, I'm afraid we can't help you.

Likely only 3 representatives. In terms of state size, population, electoral base, and representatives. Think of Jefferson as the size of Nebraska.

Placer county unite.

Placer bros

I believe so. But again, we'd likely only have as many EC votes as Nebraska/New Mexico.

Still something to screw over the dems. Especially if they get Puerto Rico.

Nevada County checking in. Bump.

>The seal was a mining pan etched with a double cross – representing the long-time injustice suffered by the provincials at the hands of Salem and Sacramento. The seal clearly illustrated that the area had been double-crossed once too often.

I get that, I know the history, but can't you guys change the design so it doesn't look like female chromosomes?

this map is fucking retarded. i hope you kys.

I don't think we can change a 70+ year old flag, but whatever happens, happens I suppose.

Also if you guys want to effect change, then get elected to your local office and start handing out petitions and stuff, posting on Sup Forums will only get you so far

70 year old flag for something that doesn't exist can't be changed. fuck you guys are a special bunch.

I'm probably going to start moving north

It's a beautiful area all things considered.

The Cold Civil War we're currently in is wearing thin. The sooner we go hot the better. Antifa will be like Carnival ducks.

We have been. Sup Forums is mostly to get the word out.

That's how we have so many counties on board. The movement is definitely a foot. Has been longer than I've been alive.

If Jefferson was to join Oregon would that flip Oregon red

It's God's country, user.

In your view, how specifically does this relate?

Bump for secession. Jefferson leaves California and California leaves the Union. Sounds like a great idea

Seconded, once you do, cutoff all the water from California. Don't shoot, let them burn.

Or if Oregon separated... I'm strongly considering moving to Northern Jefferson because of this.

In Oregon, anything an asshair east of the coast is at least moderate/centrist, and it only gets more tolerable as you go.

It truly is when you think about it. We have the economy to sustain ourselves.

Bump. I just got a hat and patch from Jefferson outfitters. Now I need to put the velcro on and put it on my chest rig.

Start secession now with the Porto Rico stuff going on. You'll find statehood easier if you can offer two GOP senators to balance out the two guaranteed democrats Puerto Rico will bring to DC.

So basically gerrymandering on a national level. user you must hate living in a democratic society.

Nice to know a supporter of the cause. Thanks.

Valid point -I'm not crazy about the aesthetics either.

Eh. It may change but it's most likely not going to change.

Looks max /comfy/ desu. Where is this?
>t. east bay'er who wants to move north

The U.S was founded, because how shitty it was being represented.

Sounds familiar huh?

Shasta/Tehama represent!
Jefferson would be an amazing FU to the libshits down south.

Contra Costa county here, why you put us in red zone faggot???

>H E A V Y B L U E C O U N T Y

The double cross is a good theme, maybe after this last election and gunmagedon we can make it XXX

That is Mt. Shasta.

Bump, I would gladly live in the state of Jefferson. Keep migrants from commiefornia out.

It truly is a beautiful proposed state. Filled to the brim with forestry, snow, and mountains.

>you will never be a SOJ game warden or state trooper
jdimsa

oh no whatever will we do
the 1% loss to GDP will be crushing absolutely devastating i tell you

Ech

If ever there was a time to strike, this could be our window.

My niBBa. You are only about an hour and a half from our southern-most clay. And you are only about 4 or 5 hours max from shasta.

Never say never user.

Sacramento wouldn't join them lmao. Nor would the US let Jefferson become a state.

You would lose a big source of your water which you're already sorely lacking

It's no wonder the state is fucked if this is the intelligence of your average citizen

The mindset perfectly encapsulates the attitudes of most Californians south of Sacramento and west of the valley.

Reminds me of the great dictator

Well, those Socal bastards need to learn that they can't drink oil or eat sand. Fuck em.

I thought the same thing the first time I saw that movie.

based jeffersonfags

could Trump's government eventually help the separation of Jefferson?

Hey Sup Forums ... I don't usually post here, as I'm an Sup Forums dweller, but I would like some advice from you guys. I know you guys give it to people straight, without any sugarcoating, so I need your help. My home country of Serbia is by far the best country in the world - way better than your gay little state of jackson. There is no competition. Problem is that right now, Serbia is a failed state and a poverty ridden country. I need you to tell me what I can do to improve my country. Thanks Sup Forums

So what will the economy of Jefferson be. Already the main export will be water to California. IDK how federal funding works but I suppose resources can be put into building more reservoirs and infrastructure. Also what will you guys do about Eugene. I think it has the only large university in Jefferson and its liberal as fuck. What will you do about universities in the state since it will be lacking.

>So what will the economy of Jefferson be

Weed

lumber and seafood i assume.

Go home then fag

Give me advice faggot

So weed and business friendly policies. Can Jefferson out grow all other states in marijuana start ups?

that would be a shit economy.

Fuck university's they're commie hellholes. Economy of Jefferson would be decent, they have more then enough resources to draw on not to mention since they are probably gonna have lower taxes a lot of the businesses in cuckfornia will be drawn to it. Also it'll pretty gurrantee that if the cuckfornians secede they'll die of thirst.

>What will you do about universities in the state since it will be lacking.
Humboldt State University
Chico State University
numerous community colleges

Economies:
Lumber.
Tourism.
Snow sports. (Snowboarding/Skiing etc on the mountain ranges)
Water sports. (All the lakes everywhere including Tahoe)
Seafood.
Water electricity and hydro.
Etc etc.

Can someone be real about how likely Jefferson is to happen? I didn't even know about it until a couple weeks ago but it actually seems like they have a decent chance of making it happen to me, but I can't tell if that's just my own biases coming into play or not.

The problem is not support per say, but rather getting it into the legal system.

You see, California has a prop system in which a number of specified counties vote on a law, which is forced through the California legislature if it gets a majority vote. Then a prop with the caliber of Jefferson if voted through, would go to the legislature of the US itself. Which is currently Republican controlled.

The hassle is getting the prop in itself. And the leader of the movement (Baird) still doesnt seem to want to get his act in gear and try to make the prop happen.

In my post i said Eugene but meant Arcata where Humboldy is. That place is liberal as fuck. Chico is large enough though and should service the states population. So if Chico state focuses in STEM its graduates can attract start ups. Do you want start ups popping up in Jefferson?

If the state legislatures are aware they can remove commie indoctrination from public universities. You need STEM to grow an economy.

NO NO NO
THIS IS A JEW LIFE RAFT IDEA:
THEY'LL KILL CALI WITH VIRTUE SIGNALING
NOW WILL ALL MOVE TO TEXAS/ISRAEL/MY NAME'S JEFF TO SAVE THEMSELVES
FUCK YOU
FUCK YOU NIGGERS
SOMEONE POSTA VERY POPULAR DISCORD FOR RIGHT WINGERS WHO AREN'T PRETEND COMMIE NIGGERS

I'm not really sure how to reply to this post to be honest here.

Considering a new state that separates from another needs consent from the federal government, it very well could help out greatly.

Eugene is outside of Jefferson.

Exports would be lumber, minerals, stones. Some seafood, definitely some fruit groves and orchards. We have some of the best farms in the valley.

Chico has a moderately healthy tech industry for it's size (100k, give or take).
build.com
Auctiva
SunGard
EXL Landa
Lots of smalller firms

You say start up like it's a bad thing. I suppose of you mean CIA sponsored startups like sillycone valley then, no, rather not have that. But it's like anything, there are huge problems to solve, but the biggest problem to solve is how NorCal is a slave to 30 million Bay Area/SoCal scum.

Oh. And not to mention there is an over-abundance of farming and wineries all over the place. Wineries and such to the south-south west. Farming you can find basically everywhere. And more distilleries you can find up north.

We've played the initiative/ballot game before. We poll really well to get on the ballot (everyone living in Jefferson clay approves). But then flop at election day. Good luck explaining Jefferson and the needs of the valley to an African American woman who is a civil servant in the greater LA area. We are so unknown that we consistently flop.

All this Puerto Rico noise is major. Our movement might have it's best chance at statehood since 1941.

Humboldt is the only real problem. The potsmoking hippie degenerates there don't outnumber the rest of the state of Jefferson at all. Just a blip. Most of them will probably leave. The rest will just take it on the chin like most lefties ultimately do.

I would argue that it has a much better chance than 1941. California was much to focused on WW2 to care about the movement at all. Now it is coming to haunt them.

Start ups can attract the worst kind of liberals. People who do not know what they are talking about but just echo what they read on whatever liberal publication to sound forward thinking. You might think this is any liberal but its worse with the STEM types who are not well read enough in philosophy.

My question is can agriculture be enough to carry a state's economy in the 21st century?

I mentioned a lists of economic resources above in
this post

Operating word being "can". We had a large Kodak office here, we have large Oracle and HP divisions as well. Some of them are already here, and the average worker here doesn't care much for or against. Jefferson is just quite a different environment from Silicon Valley. And I speak from experience, having grown up and lived there.

Calaveras county

So its pretty much agriculture and tourism. with water being a potentially big resource. It can work in the short term but the economy will have to diversify to survive in the future.

Ive always thought that we need a tech hub large enough that has a different culture from Silicon Valley. I think a lot of Engineers are starving for one.

>anywhere commiefornia
>not deserving of nukes

Reno could be that, man. At least a shit ton of start ups are happening there. Not in Jefferson clay, but same kind of environment (NV has better business laws than CA though). Rocklin/Roseville (the most metro/high pop area of Jefferson) could be that with a decade or two. Who knows to be honest. I think a lot of good right wing folks would immigrate from all over God-forsaken CA to come to a hypothetical Jefferson. We could be way bigger than we currently are.

As stated above lumber is a huge industry up there. I have neglected to say that they also have a large mining industry up there. Gold was discovered in a Jefferson county after all that kickstarted the gold rush.

Sorry. California belongs to us liberals. We built it. We made it great. You are free to leave. There are plenty of red shitholes with no economy to choose from. We don't need another.