Finally got a real job where I pay taxes

>finally got a real job where I pay taxes
>finally can have actual opinions on taxes and how much government money is spent

Its a pretty good feeling. Anyone else know what I mean? Where you can talk about government policy when you actually have a stake in the game. Personally I want my taxes as low as possible. I can now say "I don't want my tax dollars go to X" and it's coming from a real place.

Everyone always wants what works out best for them

Congrats on growing up.

the tax system isn't a-la-cart though, we don't get to choose anything except between two arsehole leaders from each major party... otherwise half the country would not pay the military budget and the police would be unfunded.

If you had a small business you'd really know that feel. I'm considered the evil 1% because revenue is over $1 million, but I pocket maybe 10% after expenses, and way less after taxes.

>>finally can have actual opinions on taxes and how much government money is spent
Yeah yeah not that anyone cares about that opinion

Government takes

7.65% for social security

>Broken down as 6.2% (up to 118500) for OASDI
>1.45% for Medicare/Medicaid

Federal Government takes

Single Taxable Income Tax Brackets and Rates, 2017

Rate Taxable Income Bracket Tax Owed
10% $0 to $9,325 10% of Taxable Income

15% $9,325 to $37,950 $932.50 plus 15% of the excess over $9325

25% $37,950 to $91,900 $5,226.25 plus 25% of the excess over $37,950

28% $91,900 to $191,650 $18,713.75 plus 28% of the excess over $91,900

33% $191,650 to $416,700 $46,643.75 plus 33% of the excess over $191,650

35% $416,700 to $418,400 $120,910.25 plus 35% of the excess over $416,700

39.60% $418,400+ $121,505.25 plus 39.6% of the excess over $418,400

Fucking hell. The IRS should change its name to the Internal Rape Service

This doesn't even count for Capital Gains tax or State income or sales taxes either. And this is just for a single bastard. Taxes is retarted. Make it a fucking flat rate son of a bitch.

>T faggot who is an accountant

I also forgot property taxes

Jesus I'm on the edge of the 33% bracket

taxes fucking sucks man

One of the strongest redpills is figuring out that since the bottom 50% only contribute 2% of all tax revenue but lose around 30% of their incomes to taxes, those bottom 50% shouldn't be paying income tax at all. That's how to best help the poor. Stop taking their fucking money.

how about taking less of every ones money instead of taking from a specific group

there are more factors than just taxes when it helps to economic prosperity

hahah you pussy

That still doesn't do it justice for a multitude of reasons, one being that social security is matched by the employer and it a competitive marketplace most of that would have ended up in the employers check. So for all intents and purposes ~15% of your check is taxed for social security, they just hide half out it because otherwise people would be burning shit to the ground by now.

Then heaven forbid you like something society frowns on like alcohol or smoking because the vast majority of the costs of those things are taxes built into the final price. Then really small dumb things no one even thinks about like cities passing 17% hotel taxes to pay for their arena or whatever, the shit adds up to a tax burden far more costly than anyone thinks.

Made enough money to pay taxes once and the government fucking wanted SOOO GOD DAMN MUCH of my paycheck. It was unreal. I had to go to a tax jew for help. Her tricks were good though she made it so the government owned me money haah.

Spending is pretty out of control in both our countries, OP.

Most of that ~30% goes to their social security and medicare. The ""poor"" don't pay shit in federal taxes.

>paying taxes

You're probably better off flushing your money down the toilet.

you only pay 33% on the amount greater then what you make

They also eat up a ton in social services too. They use up far, far more than they pay in, most of all when it comes to health expenses like medicare.

Taxes aren't your money and it never was.
The government can do whatever it wants with it.
It is not yours.
It has never been yours.
An it never will be.

Taxation without representation is theft.
What do you do when someone breaks into your house and tries to steal your shit, user?

oh well das cute white boi, but who gonna pay fo my babbies day care, our welfare, our EBT, who gonna pay fo our weed, fo our court cost, who goona pay may abbi;s daddies child support?!

ooohh, you dont wanna pay white boi, well Mr. Goldstein at da cort ofic say yo ass gonna be in jail if you don pay white boi

are you jewish?

The government has more guns than you, so they can take what they want.

Than me, specifically? Sure. Than even just the lawful civilian gun owners? Hell no. Even in Canada we out-gun our government by a huge margin.

The bottom 50% are women old people and the disabled.

Duh they don't pay anything in Taxes. You can't rape a stone.

They're still going to take what they want, though.

They will take as much as people let them. Beyond that, they'll be dodging 7.62x39's.