Why isn't the US corps of army engineers building the wall?

Erdogan just ordered his army to build a wall to Syria last year and they completed it early this year - hundreds of miles of concrete wall.

Don't tell me Trump cannot order the military to build trenches and barriers?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Army_Corps_of_Engineers
wikimapia.org/#lang=tr&lat=37.775057&lon=40.852661&z=8&m=o&tag=516&show=/34719605/tr/Jandarma-Hudud-Karakolu
twitter.com/BevHillsAntifa/status/873720441117917184
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

As Donald Trump prepares to build a wall between the USA and Mexico, Turkey has announced the completion of a three-metre high fortification along its border with Syria to prevent refugees and smugglers entering the country.

The completed 556-kilometre section is the first phase of a structure that will eventually seal the entire 911-kilometre border between the two countries.

The rest of the wall is due to be completed by the autumn, at which point it would be the second-longest structure in the world, after the 3,460-kilometre Great Wall of China.

Humanitarian expert Killian Kleinschmidt said he saw the wall first hand on a visit to Gazientep in southern Turkey last week.

"You see it running through the mountains, up and down," he told Dezeen. "It's really wow. Nobody gets across the border now without the Turks saying so. The Turks are very proud. Trump would love it."

Kleinschmidt, founder of humanitarian consultancy Switxboard, said that the wall, together with new barriers along Syria's borders with Lebanon and Jordan, had effectively ended the mass exodus of refugees fleeing Syria's civil war.

This isn't China or Russia. Our soldiers don't build anything.

america is all talk, no work

Best post.

Because after speaking to a couple of US army corps engineers. 2 main reasons.

1. The private sector now owns every single building contract in the military and has since WW2. It's all been outsourced at exorbitant rates. Even on bases where the army engineer corps are stationed they don't build or touch anything. Some private company will.

2. Different skillsets required.
Memory is fuzzy on this part because the guy explaining it to me got technical but basically the army engineer corps teaches people how to build "military grade things" I.e. they're good at building prefabs, building temporary bridges and fixing humvees, etc but constructing civilian structures from nothing is not something they're experienced or licensed with. It would end badly.

u wot?

The Army Corps of Engineers does all kinds of nonsense. Around my house, they're in charge of dredging channels in the river, and we're nowhere near a military base.

Even still, building a wall wouldn't be very complicated. Once the design is made, you simply instruct the marines or soldiers on how to build it. They have to build similar barriers for all the forward operating bases anyway.

Pure ignorance.

The US Army Corps of Engineers has built many things.
They build a wide range of things from basic dams and highways to stuff related to our space and nuclear programs.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Army_Corps_of_Engineers

Send in the SeaBees!

The Army Corp of Engineers is run by a bunch of officers with engineering background. They have about 36,000 civilian employees. Its basically a regular government agency now.

because walls cost too much and we dont have anywhere near as much money as turkey.

Still a part of the US military isn't it?

Wouldn't be the US "Army" Corps of Engineers without that fact.

>Still a part of the US military isn't it?
Its relic of a time before the government did civil engineering projects.

Then what is stopping Trump from rebuilding it?

Any Army CoE here?

I just graduated with a degree in civil engineering, and I was wondering what type of shit they do nowadays.

Who wouldn't want the mass immigration to end?

Hmmmm....

The same Army Core of Engineers that built the New Orleans retaining walls?

No thank you.

Pretty sure he has the power to build up the USAE if he wants as Commander in Chief of the US military. Might be a way to get around those who don't want mass migration to end.

Still cost money to get the materials for the wall, and if you've seen the engineers make something you'd know it was absolute shit
>t. army fag who spent a lot of time with engineers
Except when it came to clearing ice from the post roads, hahahahah fuck you guys, I'll enjoy my day off.

It killed thousands of niggers too stubborn to evacuate. Katrina was a blessing.

well lets see, a lot of the land is private and america isnt a dictatorship

Trump has probably received enough kike money to abandon it altogether.

They haven't done any of that shit for a very very long time. They do things like obstacle courses, clearing shit from roads, the pre-fabs, bridges (but not humvee's, that's motor pool's job) are on point, civilian structures involving plywood boxes for command units on a FOB and fork lift operation, that's about it.

Don't. Your degree is worthless to army except the fact you have one, that's about it. If you want to make money get hired by private sector.
If you go Army, you will still go to basic training, AIT and OCS (I think you still go to AIT unless OCS compensates what your AIT covers).

I just realised Erdogshit has probably filled more of Trumps campaign bullshit with this move than Trump himself, King Roach built a wall and he made Europe pay for it.

And Erdogan has ordered army to shoot trespassers on sight.

That's more important than wall.

wikimapia.org/#lang=tr&lat=37.775057&lon=40.852661&z=8&m=o&tag=516&show=/34719605/tr/Jandarma-Hudud-Karakolu

Each red dot on the Syrian border is a military outpost (see pic)

ITT: fags with no understanding of our military
U.S. military cannot operate inside the USA other than training and recruitment. This would be the National Guard.

Those walls are unaesthetic. They should use some sort of resistant bullet proof glass walls or something so that it's more pretty.

Declare martial law on a strip of land 20km from the border.
Military can now operate on the border.
Military build borderwall.

They're too busy fucking over farmers with mud puddles on their property.
>Muh wetlands.

>911

>twitter.com/BevHillsAntifa/status/873720441117917184
DOn't be too hard on the roaches, their GDP is the same as switzerlands while their population is 10x ours.

wait, what happened to "muslim brotherhood"

Holy shit, what a cute base.

>Why isn't the US corps of army engineers building the wall?
because we want it to last

kek