Becoming Christian

How do I become a Christian, Sup Forums?

just dont, bad decision. cult for faggots

Don't become the next job

Amen

If you get baptized an evil spirit will enter you

This is the only glory awaiting you

why do the gnostic gospels validate full water batpism then?

The bible brainwashes you and eliminates critical thought, lots of scriptures were removed, inclusing gnostic, apocrypha, etc.

It's not the same baptism

It's simple. Go to your church, get "saved", and follow at least the basic christian teachings and morals.

This is a bait thread. Anyway, it's as simple as this:

God is our father. We are spiritual brothers.

YHWH is a criminal that will be unjust towards you, read job, read the story of genesis, adam and eve weren't able to tell right from wrong but were punished.

Baptism in a christian church is equal to spiritual rape.

>The bible brainwashes you and eliminates critical thought

its ironic, the gnostic gospels validate the bible quite a bit.

Jesus Christ validates the old testament as his word in the nag hammadi in the first place, the old testament PROMISED us jesus christ in the first place?

are you a gnostic christian?

Blind faith is for brainlets, gnosticism makes you use your brain.

Personally I feel that the best way to start going about becoming a Christian is seeking out a nearby Priest.

Ideally this would be a Catholic or an Eastern Orthodox Priest. I would then just talk to him about wanting to find God, from there just go to Church and learn more about theology and hopefully the Holy Spirit will call you in.

Other important things you can do, assuming you're agnostic or an atheist. Is to research into any problems you have with Christian theology. IE - you may think that Christians don't believe in evolution, or the big bang. Look into these or any other doubts you have. Most Christians believe one if not both of these and it is compatible with the Bible. I mean the big bang was proposed by a Catholic scientist.

The other thing I recommend doing is just researching theology of the various branches of Christianity. Learn the history and once you're well learned you'll understand how it all makes sense. And you'll find your way to a correct denomination. Ie Catholicism or Orthodox.

Also it would probably be better to ask this question on (4x2)chan's /Christian/. Sup Forums can be obnoxious at times.

Unfortunately I'm heading to sleep now OP, but good luck and God bless.

>its ironic

No, it's not ironic, it has a name and the name is Religious Trauma Syndrome.

YHWH is a criminal that will be unjust towards you, read job, read the story of genesis, adam and eve weren't able to tell right from wrong but were punished.

fuck off, and read "on the origin of the world"

Yahweh is not the demiurge, Yahweh created Jesus Christ in our realm in the first place. Yaldaboath is the demiurge, in no way shape or form does.

Yahweh REPENTED to the fullness, and became part of it after he saw his fathers ignorance, and how his father Yaldaboath the Demiurge showed his ignorance claiming he was the only god.

I honestly wouldn't go to priests. The who "pay your way to heaven" is so against the basic fundamental teachings of Jesus.

Literalism shouldn't be followed, it's all there but it is said in a manner that's not literal and should never be.

The problem with blind faith is that it nullifies reason and thus will cause you in the long run to lose even brain faculties.

>Yaldaboath is the demiurge, in no way shape or form does.

form do the gnostic gospels implicate Yahweh as the devil, Yahweh is the one who saved the world from the Flood rebelling against his father Yaldaboath who was creating it in the first place.

for someone who claims to be so enlighted about Gnosticism you portray not having a damn clue what their gospels say

>Literalism shouldn't be followed, it's all there but it is said in a manner that's not literal and should never be.

5. Jesus said, "Know what is in front of your face, and what is hidden from you will be disclosed to you.

>For there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed. [And there is nothing buried that will not be raised.]"

>pay your way to heaven
I have no idea what you're talking about.

And the reason to go to a Priest is because they've been educated in several years of theology. And have also heard all sorts of people from different backgrounds and stories and are most capable at directing somebody to finding Christ then no direction whatsoever.

And this is also assuming that the OP has no faith or agnostic, and is not quite sure on prayer.

I want to become a Christian but I can't because I don't know how to believe stuff that to me doesn't seem true.

Every conversation with a christian tells the tale: they have to justify their behaviour to everyone because they are unable to keep the law as jesus told them to allegedly, and they keep on sinning, which shouldn't happen, so they play with scripture to justify their inability to live as non-humans.

Why would you want to enter a path of self delusion? Become a gnostic and use your brain to deduce and understand the true message behind scriptures, as they are myths.

See
Namely the parts about looking into things that you have issues with in Christian theology so that you can dispel that idea.

Then have a chat with a Priest to see if he can give further direction.

Heck, give prayer a try. You may not think its working but if you're reaching out praying that you may find faith. It works for some.

This thread gets made daily so we better make it useful.

Because Christian girls are hnnng and Christian culture is great.

Beauty be it external or internal doesn't relate to being deluded. At best you'd marry a femacho with glasses and her armpits being a cambodian jungle with fleas.

YHWH is the primitive version of God the father. Judaism is a less evolved version of christianism.

In the vision of the ancient israelites, God was a jealous, fearsome god. This is how the people of ancient times respected divine authority. Nevertheless, Jesus Christ showed us a better path, through a new revelation.

its not true at all. save yourself a lot of time and stay away from it, there is not coming anything out of it.

get this garbage out of here
>muh edgy gnostic scriptures

Submissiveness relates to being deluded. As does wanting a large family.

No atheist girl is having 12 kids, only Christian girls who think they have a divine mandate.

maybe I'm jumping to far ahead in theology where OP has no interest (probably) for the time being.

Pro white females don't want to go without children and will open their legs before you just fine.

The thing I have an issue with in Christian theology is this idea that Christ died on the cross then was resurrected 3 days later.

That's impossible. People die when they are killed.

You don't. No sense in deluding yourself.

Post more of the comic it's gr8
Or give source

I still am not sure what you mean by pay your way into heaven? Are you referring to indulgences?

I'm not pure white though. I'm like half or 2/3rds or something.

/x/

Only an extra page was made and it was inconsecuential.

>The thing I have an issue with in Christian theology is this idea that Christ died on the cross then was resurrected 3 days later.
>That's impossible. People die when they are killed.

Well it kinda helps that Christ is God. He doesn't quite follow natural laws.

The story of Jesus as recorded in the gospels is about what happens when the Spirit of God appears on Earth, and is resisted by the worldly powers of organized religion and the state. Anytime the message of Christ becomes co-opted by religious doctrine or state power, it has already abandoned its roots, since at its core the Jesus story is about how those very powers will stop at nothing to subvert and destroy the Christ. Though of course they can never succeed - to those with eyes to see and ears to hear, the King remains enthroned.

Christ shows us that self-giving sacrificial love is the true power in the universe, not the top-down tyrannical brute strength of Caesar. Christ's earliest followers proclaimed "Jesus is Lord!", rather than "Caesar is Lord!" which regions conquered by the empire were required to say. The implied subversive question - who is making a better Kingdom? Caesar who puts people on crosses, or Christ who bears the cross in love for all? Caesar who dominates and kills all who oppose with brute strength, or God who raised Christ from the dead?

Why is self-giving sacrifice the ultimate power? Picture water. In some senses, the most submissive substance imaginable. It will flow through your fingers, fit any container you put it in. Yet nothing can compete with it for domination of the planet - it covers 70% of Earth's surface. It uses its power not to dominate like a tyrant, but to quietly nourish each and every thing that lives. This is built into Creation as a prefiguration of Christ. The blood of Christ is spiritual water, and those who drink of it will never thirst again.

Yes, but more importantly putting such an emphasis on the Church and the Saints as the connection to God rather than a personal connection. If the Church is the connection to God, then you'd better pay to keep it going (so to speak).

Understandable. But keep in mind that in the time of Jesus there were many people who claimed to be the messiah. And all who said it ended up in nothing.

However, something was different with him. People were willing to risk their lives and everything they had because they believed it happened. You can't do that without a complete faith.

It was at least unusual.

fuk u demiurge

I wonder if the Catholic Church has the same sort of stuff as the Pentecostal types...they seem to be loaded up to the brim with money and all sorts of different ministries and activities but what would a Catholic Church have? They seem to just be...a quieter bunch.

That's why they Made a religion out of him. He followed through all the prophecies, and came back to life.

Yeah so first I need to believe in God. In an existence outside of natural laws.

The leap from diest to Christian seems so easy for me. But no idea how I go from not believing in God to believing in God.

>Yes, but more importantly putting such an emphasis on the Church and the Saints as the connection to God rather than a personal connection.

Yes there is a lot of attention on the intercession of saints. However like all Christians our relationship with Christ is obviously the most important. And it seems when people see Catholics or Orthodox they seem to only focus on Mary/The other saints, as opposed to the whole service relating to Jesus that is held every day.

>If the Church is the connection to God, then you'd better pay to keep it going (so to speak).
As for the Church, we are the Church. All that have been baptized with the Holy Spirit make up God's Church.

If you're referring to the donations in mass I do not see the problem. They are just that, donations. Churches need financial support as well.

Consider that people back then would've had the exact same misgivings. There was enough evidence for Christianity to spread so rapidly that there were churches in Rome within 20 years of his death. That's nuts. There's no way in hell it spread that rapidly unless there was something that convinced people that Jesus was the true messiah, in a time when there was no shortage of so called prophets.

Read 2 gospels and the book of Acts from the New Testament. Then read the whole Bible, pray and fast from food for 1-3 days at time. By then you'll be a Christian if you were called. If not, the Bible will make no sense to you. I think it's better to understand what you're doing before doing it, so go to church after you understand what you believe and why you'd go to church at all.

>The leap from diest to Christian seems so easy for me. But no idea how I go from not believing in God to believing in God.
How about you try that first of all. Live the Christian life for sometime, go to Church and try pray. At first you may not feel anything, but as you continue and if you put some homework in and pray that you may get this gift of faith that us others have.

No easy way to simply explain how to get faith, it just seems to happen when you're actively searching for it. Or calling out for God.

It may sound cringey but there isn't really another way to put it. Just keep searching for it user, and pray for it. Even if it seems silly, whats the harm in trying?

>but what would a Catholic Church have? They seem to just be...a quieter bunch.
What do you mean user?

Another thing that I find helps when trying to help people understand that is the following; being a Christian had no benefits back in those days.

You were outcast. You were poor, you suffered intense persecution. You were not rewarded at all for proclaiming your faith. Yet every single one of the original apostles (save John) martyred themselves for something. Somethign that gave them absolutely no benefit in life, yet they marched to their deaths.

(Some literally, St Peter for example after escaping a city that was executing his students saw Jesus coming into the city to take his place for him. Peter realised he was beign weak again marched right back at the Romans and told them to crucify him upside down since he was unworthy to share the same death.)

I mean I don't think these people would do this sort of shit for a religion that gives them no benefits other than what their religion teaches. (IE- Jesus came back from the dead)

Got to mosque, embrace Allah (pbuh). He is most merciful.

GET OUT OF OUR THREAD DEUS VULT!

The Sanhedrin knew that Jesus had said that He would rise again on the third day. So they put guards at the gate of the tomb to prevent fraud. And apparently something happened that convinced many people in a very short time.

> hylics worshipping Demiurge

I wonder to which degree the resurrection was an exagerated or fabricated event. Jesus had enough fanboy and fangirl followers by the time he died, who could totally have created the story in their minds and believe it anyway, because they wanted to do so.

The question is then what made Jesus so charismatic, that he stood out so much more than the other self-called messiahs.
Judging by how charisma works for humans today, he must have been very attractive, tall, we know he was young, and he probably arrived with his message of love and peace just during a political crisis in the stablishment, making him look like he was sent to fix a mess.

This is it. I'm going to church mass today for the first time. Thank you Aussie bro, I've been doubting for far too long.

We must remember that these were ROMAN guards. Well trained and VERY loyal. no two pieces of silver were going to make them disobey their centurion(or other commander who told them to guard that tomb).

we share the same god, christfag. Jesus is just one of his prophets. Muhd (pbuh) is the last. Ask Allah (pbuh) for forgiveness and he will provide. He is most merciful and everyday i call out his name.

Faith is completely logical if you accept these 3 premises:
>there is an absolute truth about the universe/reality

>we want to follow the path of this truth, since truth = good (love, happiness, fulfillment, etc)

>we will never learn 100% about this absolute truth underlying in the universe through rational and scientific means. We will surely die before.
If we want to follow the path of truth, we cannot rely on science/rationality alone. We need to do a leap of faith into the unknown, trusting 100% we have chosen the right path towards it.

You have good intentions. I believe you will have better answers to your questions in your local mosque though. Allah (pbuh) is merciful, he will set your heart at ease.

>YHWH is the primitive version of God the father. Judaism is a less evolved version of christianism
well, this is exactly what the gnostic gospels don't say.

>In the vision of the ancient israelites, God was a jealous, fearsome god. This is how the people of ancient times respected divine authority. Nevertheless, Jesus Christ showed us a better path, through a new revelation.

I used to think this too, but then I understood the purpose of the old testament, the wages of Sin are Death. If you sin against the fullness, and universal law, you die, a pretty brutal death.
their quite actively venerate Yahweh, and it actively venerates the old testament as the plan of the fullness.

if it was the "work of the devil" it wouldn't so fondly look quote Isaiah or Daniel, or Hosea, or Psalm, or Proverbs as lessons of extreme wisdom

infact there are several old testament appearances of Jesus Christ.

I find it a dirty lie that the gnostic gospels state the idea that yahweh is the demiruge, it wouldn't make such a big difference between Yaldaboath and Sabaoth Yahweh if that were the case.

quite frankly you pay more attention to what people say about the gnostic gospels than what the gnostic gospels actually say. The Old testament is written completely of Jesus Christ.

So the shit is going to hit the fan very soon. Will God be merciful for me if I apologise for being ignorant fuck for almost 20 years and send me to Purgatory, or am I going straight to hell to meet Adolf?

I am very glad to hear that user. Good luck and God Bless.

(I'm pretty sure some Cath anons will be making a Catholic general later today that you could ask questions in)

Neither. You will cease to exist, and eventually be forgotten.

Again user I'm glad to hear it. And I'm glad I decided to stay up to talk in this thread rather then get some sleep.

>So the shit is going to hit the fan very soon. Will God be merciful for me if I apologise for being ignorant fuck for almost 20 years and send me to Purgatory, or am I going straight to hell to meet Adolf?
Depends on your situation user.

Are you baptized?

Are you contrite/truly repentant for the things you've done? Are you repentant because you're worried about your salvation or because of sinning against God and hurting your bond with him?

Regardless, the Lord is merciful and always forgiving. Even if you were to be the biggest sack of shit on this world. If you seek forgiveness hes your man.

May God bless your further endeavors, and good luck.

the soul exists, and its attached to God. the material world is largely a hoax.

and no, its not impossible, people die and come back to life all the time. ever heard of CPR?

I'm actually planning to go to the local Orthodox church. I don't trust the people involved in the Catholic church here.
By the way, I just realized you are a kiwi, not an Aussie. Sorry about that.

In the Southern Baptist and Methodist beliefs, Once you have confessed your sins and accept Jesus, you will always have a place in heaven.

If you beg for mercy Allah (pbuh) will provide. Go to your local mosque today, you'll find the community very welcoming and forgiving.

Sir, could you please be more respectful towards the topic of this thread thanks

Ye, I'm baptized. Firstly I was repentant because I was simply worried, but after some time I realized I was just a dick and wanted to change. After my first communion I have never been to church for like 14 years? I went there last year 2 or 3 times and confessed mi sins.
Nice try Ahmed, allah is satan

>By the way, I just realized you are a kiwi, not an Aussie. Sorry about that.
No worries mate.

>I'm actually planning to go to the local Orthodox church.
Well then be sure to pop into a thread on 4x2chan's /Christian/ if you run into a question you want answered.

>Just occured to me we're trying to just get apostolic church generals started in Sup Forums as opposed to /Catholic/ generals.
So if you see one of those you might want to pop in for a bit of Orthodox/Catholic discussion.

Regardless, best wishes to you and God bless.

>allah is Satan
And Muhammad is a false prophet according to thier own texts

im trying to save user from choosing the wrong path. If thats a crime then im guilty.

Please be respectful. I never insulted any of your prophets. Jesus is respected in Islam as well.

Following a false prophet and away from the one true God will not help user.

>Telling amerishit to be respectful
Just call him dirty burger and be done with it

>Firstly I was repentant because I was simply worried, but after some time I realized I was just a dick and wanted to change.
Sounds like you're on the right track then user.

>After my first communion I have never been to church for like 14 years? I went there last year 2 or 3 times and confessed mi sins.
A good start after those 14 years. Try get back to Church and go to confession again, get yourself back into a state of Grace.

And try go start going to weekly mass:

>Matthew 26:26
This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

God made that sacrifice for you freely, so make sure to get in there and partake in Holy Communion. It does change you, it sure as hell has changed me over the 1 year of being Catholic.

>tfw actually know empathy now
>tfw I'm not as horrible of a person

The wrong path is following a religion based on a murdering warmonger, but that is neither here nor there.

Who's being disrespectful? Muhammad first told his people that it's fine to get along with pagans. Then he said that a demon tricked him and the angel Gabriel revealed that you should actually kill nonbelievers. According to dueteronomy, andas people "of the book" that makes him a false prophet

Thank you user, but Allah is merciful and I strive to emulate his example.

You gotta believe in his water and blood to be save Sup Forums.

1 john 5:6

basically i means you gotta believe his baptism took up the worlds sin and his crucifixion blotted out the worlds sin.

nlmusa.com has sermon books on the subject

Sometimes I forget we are still on Sup Forums

You must slaughter the infidels, marry 6 years old grils, force non-believers to pay Jizya tax, make bitches wear burqas, art, literature, music, forbidden, science fuck definitely forbidden

Deuteronomy 18:22-24

But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.’ And if you say in your heart, ‘How may we know the word that the Lord has not spoken?’— when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him.

>And try go start going to weekly mass
But Bible says nothing about obligatory attending to masses. It says that God is everywhere and I can talk to him wherever I am and whenever I want.

This is going pretty well for Sup Forums.

>How do I become a Christian, Sup Forums?
By loving your neighbour, your enemies, the poor, the excluded, the rejected

Still interested?

Didn't think so.

You just want to be a Christian on an anime image board to rebel against your liberal parents

MAY MAYYYYS SHADILAYYYY