Religion - an honest unbiased question

When did religion become so popular among young-neoliberal-sjw crowd? I remember lurking thru Reddit (yes, I know, cancer) around 2012, when it had r/Atheism, a subreddit full of edgy 15-year-old-idiots, on it's front page. And as far as I understand, it was these edgy youngsters who later became infected with SJW.

How the fuck did that happen? Isn't religion supposed to be, in leftist view, the opium for the people? And how did these faggots change their opinion on it so quickly?

Or did I make a mistake somewhere in my argument?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_law_(legal_system)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump.

sending you my atheist prayers so you find your answer, OP

Bumpoleilo

I am an atheist btw, which is why I am asking. These idiots are supposed to be anti-religion by both their ideology, and their edgy background. But they are not, which makes me ask the question; WHY?

It never did. They just call it education now. You spend 20+ years of your life going to its church, and maybe half it will ever get used. The rest is just swilled piss meant to act as a catalyst for brainwashing. They need neutral facts to adhere their sermons onto...

Science has replaced religion for the average "intellectual." An exceptional individual sees it as what it is; a tool. These people either return to a faith that they unable to truly believe or develop anti social behaviors and become outcasts.

I kinda agree with that. BUT, I ain't talking about religion coming back in any way, I am mainly concerned about all the barrage of pro-religion 'don;t u dare oppose Muslim customs' bullshit. Since when do edgy kids, who previously were circlejerking about religion being cancer, protect the glorious religion against everyone and everything?
It seems to me like now SJW (literally marxists!) are ready to prosecute people for thought-crimes against said religion, but at the same time are pretty comfortable with the concept of religion itself

Bump.

Drump

brumpf

They don't give a shit about muslims and their traditions. You have to look at it from a distance to really get whats going on. The people you are referring to don't want to preserve islam. They want to do the same thing to it that they did to Christianity; castrate and then consume it. They'll let the muslims keep their silly hats, funny rituals, and ethnic foods so long as they pay there taxes and vote liberal. Everything else about their culture will be destroyed.

So you are basically talking about assimilation, right? I assume you are right, BUT if we take their standpoint and talk thru Europe's experience with multiculturalism, I think tht at some point they have abandoned their idea, no?

I mean, look at France. They sure thought they can basically (politically) assimilate muslims to their liberal multicultural society, but when muslims started to, first, settle together in some suburban areas, and then just dug in their shitholes, refusing to assimilate into the general population, they didn't do anything, did they?

They just made conceded to this stanstill, swept it under the rug and just pretended that multiculti works.

Sure they now accept that it does not, but it does not seem like they are still trying to absorb them into their ideology. It seems that they just continue to protect their (RELIGIOUS FREEDUMS) at the cost of their own ideological ideas, and that's it

Or am I wrong?

bumpf

They made the mistake of importing too many at the same time. The muslims were able to create their own self sustaining social circles free from outside influence. The process will take a generation or to in order to complete now that this has happened. All influence will have to be done through state schooling. In their eyes, they are not importing muslims. They are importing "people," and you can brainwash "people" to do whatever you want if you get them young enough.

Everyone on Sup Forums is scared that muslims are taking over for some unknown reason. The truth us that Islam is actually on the brink of being destroyed... Or "relativised" as your uncle Putin put it. The only true religions are literal interpretations of holy scripture. Everything else is "western" bullshit (and I ain't even religious). I think ISIS should be bombed to kingdom come, but at least they attempt to interpret the koran literally.

if you get them young enough, or isolate that from their social circles.*********

Never heard him say something like this about islam.

I even tried to google it in both Russian and english - zero results.

But that's off the topic, I do understand what you are trying to say, and that is probably right. At least it seems like any normal assimilation attempt, even though in this case we are talking about assimilating into an ideology, not a culture.

I have a question though, aren't they making the same mistake the soviets did with trying to assimilate their various ethnicities?

I think they did pretty much the same thing down to smallest details.
They tried pretty much the same multi-culti bullshit with their acceptance of geographical separation of different cultures.
They tried to assimilate people into the soviet nation, not the russian.

What's different with EU's assimilation process?

bumpf for other people to see

The original question still holds

I forget where the quote is from, but he was referencing western media and said something about the "relativising" of moral... Maybe it was a wonky translation. I don't speak russian so I'm basing it off of some random youtube channels translation. He essentially speaking about our tendency to simply pick and choose what we like about any given morality system and through the rest away...

Anyways, no the soviets didn't do the same thing; it was close, but not the same. From what I understand the soviets preached submission to the state, the west offers "freedom" at a price. Like I said, you can keep all the stuff they see as "halal" or "kosher" (not specifically those, but the western version of them. Things that align with western morality), but you can't keep anything else. It isn't really assimilation that would imply that some of what you have to offer would be taken into the fold. They don't want anything from your culture, but you can keep parts of it if you want.

That said, maybe I am wrong about the way the soviets operated due to western media, and maybe you are right they are doing essentially the same thing...

The edgelord atheists that you are describing save their ire for Christianity alone. They view the relationship between Arabs and Islam the same way that some liberals viewed the relationship between Christianity and Blacks during the MLK era. They don't criticize Islam because they see it as a kind of liberation theology. They also see it as a great tool. The left is too pussy to actually fight for their own movement and they understand that Islam is the perfect virus and that the neutered West they have created is the perfect host. Their analysis of the situation is flawed in the same way that the Bolshevik analysis of Hitler was flawed. Once Islam establishes itself the pansexual and 16-gendered will be the first to fall from the rooftops.

Yeah, I found the quote using russian google.

The closest english translation of his quote is this;
“Many Western states have taken the way where they deny or reject their own roots, including their Christian roots which form the basis of Western civilization. In these countries, the moral basis and any traditional identity are being denied – national, religious, cultural and even gender identities are being denied or relativized.”

As for the soviets - yes, I think you are rright in your second paragraph when u speak about the way the western ideas work. I do seem to think though that Soviets did pretty much the same thing. You can argue, offcourse, that by the time the soviet union collapsed the ideology was so far away from reality that noone believed in it, bu t yes, on paper it was the way I described (well, I do seems to think that i am right about that one, though maybe I am not). The only difference I see is that the soviet ideology broke apart from foreign influence, not on itself.

>Christian roots which form the basis of Western civilization.

Very far from being correct.

Religion, any religion had really nothing to do with forming the western civilization

it was rather roman and greek culture and philosophy.

Even majority of countries in Europe have laws based on the system the Romans created.

Civil law is based on Roman law, and every country in west (exclusion to anglos) uses it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_law_(legal_system)

>Civil law, civilian law, or Roman law is a legal system originating in Europe, intellectualized within the framework of late Roman law,

Religion in fact does very little to form a civilization.

Tradition, laws and philosophy on the other hand...