Tell me when Protestantism
a)follows the bible
b)doesn't seem to be something that comes much later
c)doesn't contradict the early christians

Today

Protestantism is false

Sorry to destroy your worldview

Which part?

what's the answer to the problem of evil?

Quick rundown on your spiritual journey?

Here is one example from David Downs, Alms: Charity, Reward, and Atonement in Early Christianity

In the book of Deuteronomy, for example, caring for the poor reflects and imitates the character of the Maker, for God is a defender of orphans and widows, a lover of strangers who need food and clothing, and a protector of the poor (Deut 10:18; cf. 1 Sam 2:7-8; Pss 9:9, 18; 12:5; 14:6; 35:10; 68:5-6; 69:32-33; 82:3-4; 107:39-41; 113:7-9; 140:12; 146:5-9; Prov 15:25; 22:22-23; Isa 25:4; 41:17-20; Jer 20:13; cf. the vision in Isa 11:1-5 and 61:1-3). 3 Justice and compassion for resident aliens and orphans should stem from Israel’s own experience and remembrance of living as aliens in a foreign land (Exod 23:9; Deut 24:17-18, 21-22). Similarly, liberation for Israelites from debt and indentured labor during the Year of Jubilee, which is stipulated in Leviticus 25, is grounded in the affirmation that all the land belongs to God (25:23) and that it was God who delivered the people from Egypt and brought them to the land of Canaan (25:38, 42, 55).

Both in legal and in prophetic traditions, oppression or abuse of the poor leads or may lead to starkly negative consequences, including God’s wrath, judgment, or cursing (Exod 22:21-24; Deut 27:19; Isa 10:1-4; Jer 2:34-35; 5:27-29; cf. Prov 21:13; 22:16 [financial ruin]; 28:27; Ezek 16:49-50; 22:29-31; Amos 2:6-8; 4:1-3; 8:4-14; Zeph 7:8-14; Mal 3:5; cf. Eliphaz’ account of Job’s suffering in Job 22:6-13). Violence against or mistreatment of the poor is a sign of rebellion of the wicked against God (Job 24:1-25; Prov 17:5; 30:11-14; Isa 32:7-8). Conversely, refusing to oppress the alien, orphan, or widow secures God’s presence with the people (Jer 7:5-7), and in the indictment leveled against Judah in Isa 1:2-20 (cf. 3:13-15), part of the remedy is for God’s people to “seek justice, rescue the oppressed, defend the orphan, plead for the widow” (1:17, NRSV; cf. 58:6-10). (pg 27)

Capital punishment for most evil (biblically described evil)

There is no Sola Fide in the Bible, the fact that the OT for example encourages charity and punishes those who do not take care of the poor or abuse them shows it

But this is not all.

Ex-leftist that realised their beliefs were more aligned with the right
Started to realise a lot of what I knew was actually false and became very dissafected as the world moved towards it's current insanity, gender, pc, islamophobia, feminism etc
Started to reconsider the positions I had taken as a leftist
Realised I had been following scientific sources I now knew we're fraudulent and gov funded or biased
Found that protestant ideology is the most logical for my ideal personally, the one that I identify with on a principle basis (still an athiest at this point)
Noticed the tensions between the globalist establishment and Christianity and it's support for other religions, deep state practices and their evil nature led me to read more into Christianity out of fear and here I am

CoE is absolutely cucked. Basically welcoming their replacement with Muslims at this point.

Murder and degeneracy is what you intended by evil? No?

>scientific sources
>fraud
>everything that don't agree with my worldview is bullshit
No different than the left

Have you seen the Heineken advert with the "new right" guy and the feminist ?

>business try to act progressive
>for good PR
>to get gullible consumers to buy because muh socjus and peace
Come on try again when you have common sense

I meant scientific sources I read as a leftist
Which would come to me from news media and we can both agree there is no unbiased news media, correct?

>from the media
>so it is all fake
maybe you should stop being a sheeple and actually read actual journals for once

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_evil

I wasn't supporting it I just thought it was interesting that they made that move, I know they don't support the right either but it shows that a marketing team found that people want a return to traditionalism right?

No. The point of their ad is just to get you to think buying Henniken builds bridges for peace and get people talking together. It is basic business

>Actual journals
Like what ? Your diary?
Name one legitimate media company

I can't think of any other ad in a long while that has someone saying feminists are man haters without being cancelled in 3 seconds
Think about the overton window

If there is a God, then he is not moral or kind and does not love humanity.

He does not deserve your worship.

> Interpretist

As in hand-stamp salvation?

Marathon runners (i.e., Orthodox) has a nicer ring than sprinters.

You dumb nigger the media won't slap a whole peer reviewed journal to recommend to you. You have to read them yourself

A lot of ads with muh feminist message tend to get a lot of dislikes, so Henniken plays smart and instead of saying that, says that it can bring different people together so that there won't be any bad feedback

The current pope is cucked but protestantism is cancer and is in no way more "anti-degenerate" than Catholicism.
Congrats on finding God though, my dude.

>Moral high ground on Catholics
How?
>Masturbation not a sin
So you ignore Matthew 5:27-30 to please your own flesh?
>Interpretist
So, how come there are so many incompatible interpretations? Clearly some must be false.
>BTFO the current Pope
How?
>going to Church is optional
So God gave you life and you are too lazy to coomit 1 hour per week to Him?
The rest after that I agree with.

---COPY/PASTE 2/2---
[...]
till today, that approach has always worked out for me and i know how far i can go and how much tension/pressure a kid can take. if you do the cock-move 'right' the kid will like it and the anal pleasure train can start off. i can usually fuck a kid the rest of the year till it gets transfered to another school and we never meet again. though, in that time i make it completely dependend on me and my cock.
[...]
i pay em some cash (30,- EUR every 2-3 days is HUGE money for a 9yo without family) each time we fuck and give out "little bonuses" in class regarding marks or deleting penalties imposed by other teachers. these favors keep em quiet and in place.
[...]
i can do this only with a certain type of kid, i know there are a lot of kids that can't shut the fuck up or would freak out somehow if i put my dick in their ass. i never do them oral or vaginal cause thats a mess that leaves a shitload of traces or damages their little bodies.
[...]
i have a lot of experience by now and i assure you that in the ass its fine even with 7yo's. you can safely cum into it. after fucking a new child 3-4x, its asshole adopts and you can go balls-deep already after a few weeks.
[...]
low iq children are very good candidates, the retarded/mongoloid ones even better.
[...]
can recommend the good pedo sex 10/10. i have lots of freedom at the school as my colleagues are 95% women who need me for everything that requires "real work" or "real authority" so these cunts dont mess with me.

If there is a good he wouldn't exist in capacity that would allow him to effect events in universe
The universe itself is self sufficient and a closed circuit, god exists outside of creation itself,
Coming back to scientific studies
The concept of the 4d is one that exists on logic alone and does not need faith to exist, would it be a stretch to say that if a 4d entity can draw in 3d then god may be an 4-5-6d entity that has drawn or created a closed ended system here?

*commit

apparently how christian churches roll...

---COPY/PASTE 1/2---

[...]
I just love to fuck children, its what i live for. pedo sex is the best, there's nothing coming close to cumming in a tight little asshole.
[...]
I'm an elementary school teacher for a church organization and have doing this for approx 11years now, fucking 4 girls and >10 boys since then. we get kids assigned by the state, usually from troubled familys (violence/drug addicts/suicides) and recently also a lot of refugee kids from middle eastern shitholes that pretend to be 8-9 on paper but that are desu propably twice that age.
[...]
I did start fucking children already being quite young myself in the 80ies and developed back then "a feel" on which kids i could make a move and on which not.
[...]
it all depends on a mix of parameters, like if the kid has still parents around, how emotionally stable it is, is it a quite one or a fucking retarded one with aspergers/adhs.
[...]
after i do some initial screening and picking "candidates" , i build more close relations and then at one point i completly isolate a chosen kid during a set up doctor/patient roleplay, make a controlled but bold move and stick my penis between the childs ass cheeks. these few seconds have always been the make or break moment. you gotta take some risks if you want to cream that kids asshole, its not for free and needs guts.

Thank you, I think from this thread I have much to learn, but if I caved in immediately I would be as weak minded as I'm being accused of being,

>Masturbation not a sin
Liar.

I was presenting that as a benefit to New comers, who may not be ready to commit re: optional church going

This shows more problems with Sola Fide, this time from the NT from the same book by David Downs

While Bultmann’s derogatory and inaccurate assessment of Jewish religion has long been queried and, from the perspective of many, rightly been put to rest, numerous treatments of New Testament ethics still echo the notion that deeds exhorted or performed on the basis of external motivation, such as the procurement of present or heavenly reward, lead down the path toward legalism.3 But is such a sentiment supported by the writings of the New Testament themselves, particularly regarding the relationship between charity and recompense? An examination of this issue in the Synoptic Gospels and Acts will highlight ample evidence of meritorious almsgiving in these canonical texts: providing material assistance to the needy is a means of accumulating some reward for the donor, recompense usually, but not always, imaged as eschatological or heavenly reward.4 (pg 104)

No offense intended but what is this from and what does it have to do with an individual belief in person's head? I notice that this is not biblical lexicon

Footnote 4: This chapter will focus on the Synoptic Gospels and Acts. The Gospel of John certainly anticipates the blessing of resurrection on the last day for those who believe in the Son of God (5:25, 28-29; 6:39-40, 44, 54; 11:24-26; 14:19), and John 5:28-29 promises “the resurrection of life” to those who have done good things and “the resurrection of judgment” to those who have done evil things; see Marianne Meye Thompson, The God of the Gospel of John (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 2001), 80–87; Tim O’Donnell, “Complementary Eschatologies in John 5:19-30,” CBQ 70 (2008): 750–65. But nowhere in the Fourth Gospel is divine or eschatological recompense specifically connected to practices of charity. Given how little John’s Gospel dwells on issues of wealth and poverty in comparison with the Synoptics, the absence of any thematic connection in the Gospel of John between merciful practice on behalf of the needy and eschatological reward is unsurprising. On the other hand, 1 John 3:14 insists that those who have passed from death to life can be confident of this reality because of their mutual love: “We know that we have passed from death to life because (ὅτι) we love the brothers and sisters. Whoever does not love abides in death” (1 John 3:14). In the context of this letter, “love” is defined, at least in part, by the person who has material possessions who sees and helps a brother or sister in need (1 John 3:17-18; cf. 3 John 5–8).

is protestantism = Lutherans, user?

That's a good outlook to have. I'm a recent convert as well, I finally got my head out of my ass and returned to my family's Roman Catholic roots. The traditional latin masses are amazing- it's the same mass no matter what country you go to or what language is spoken outside, and it's an unbroken chain back through history to the Romans.

Hmm, I forgot to mention Christian heritage as a benefit plus it's roots in stoicism that I'm sure a lot of people here would agree with if not for the religious aspect

same with mcdonalds, tastes everywhere identical.

desu christianity is total BS, everyone digging deeper figures that in the long run. no one in this "religion" knows hows it really supposed to be and everyone has a different interpretation of things (that usually suit that individuals own agenda the most). ask 5 priests, you get 5 different versions of that caveman story. also you need to make insane mental gymnastics + bullshit yourself constantly to make the theory work cause it has effectivly
> ZERO
match with reality and usually worsens your decision making and judgment BY A LOT.

christianity is like smoking, those that join come because of those that are in. its a mix of nice ideas and feels, with straight up bullshit and thats what it makes so toxic. believe in evolution, you will be better off.

How does your description differ from your countries new national religion?

Sorry to tell you but Protestantism is contradictory to Stoicism

Not true
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. eph 2:8,9

In what aspect? This is a genuine question and not an attack

So you be saying I can act like a dick and do whatever I want so long as I believe this?

Stoicism emphasizes control over ones passions but this sort of self control would be pointless under a sola fide framework

> (OP)
He's not talking about salvation. Salvation doesn't come from helping the poor.

Sorry guys gotta go to work, will respond later if thread is still active

His point is that helping the poor can bring meritious reward. And if you read his book he makes clear that it can even somehow help 'remove' sin

>So you be saying I can act like a dick and do whatever I want so long as I believe this?
No. I did not say that, I responded to your false statement

Old testament = old covenant.

Also fuck your new world order bible

KJV all the way

So my actions matter?

I see your reasons for converting, but I have a question.

Is it true, and is there evidence?

The bible says that "if you have the faith of a mustard seed, you can move mountains." That seems to imply that prayer is significant enough to leave behind evidence.

Where is the evidence that prayer actually works? Surely somebody must have carried out an appropriate scientific study on prayer within the last 2000 years.

And don't give me that "prayer is non-materialistic" bullshit. Moving mountains sounds pretty material to me. Where's the evidence?

He is wrong about it removing sin. Sin was removed by Christ on the cross. Whosoever believes...

Here is what David Downs say about a part of the book of Acts

The stories of Tabitha (9:36-42) and Cornelius (10:1-48) are sometimes discussed with reference to atoning and/or meritorious almsgiving, the former because Tabitha’s resuscitation from the dead is preceded by the observation that she was “full of good works and merciful deeds, which she continually performed” (9:36: αὕτη ἦν πλήρης ἔργων ἀγαθῶν kαὶ ἐλεημοσυνῶν ὧν ἐποίει), the latter because the Gentile centurion is noted for his practice of ἐλεημοσύνη, even to the extent that an angel of the Lord declares that Cornelius’ “merciful actions have ascended as a remembrance before God” (10:4: αἱ ἐλεημοσύναι σου ἀνέβησαν εἰς μνημόσυνον ἔμπροσθεν τοῦ θεοῦ).69 Tabitha’s story should not be seen as an example of meritorious or atoning almsgiving, however. While Tabitha’s body is raised to life by Peter, her healing is only, at best, indirectly related to her characterization as a disciple “full of good works and merciful deeds” (v. 36). Tabitha’s pious and beneficent life may be the reason that the disciples in Joppa send an urgent request for Peter immediately to come from Lydda (v. 38), as well as the cause of the grief experienced by Joppan widows at Tabitha’s death (v. 39). But there is no suggestion in the narrative that Tabitha is resuscitated because of her merciful deeds. (pg 134)

Then maybe you shouldn't make claims about things you don't know or do your research first

Matter in what sense. Obedience, disobediance Faith is action

Faith is action so it means works is also inseparable from it

Thus to say Sola Fide without this caveat is in fact contrary to the Bible

>Say these magic words and you're saved!
Total b.s. If your religion doesn't require that you actually live out its tenants then what is the point?

>Thinks symbolism didn't exist 2000 years ago.

Are people actually this stupid, petty, and childish?

The miracles in the Bible always are pointing to the power of God.

pointing out false doctrine is one of the things that we are commanded to do

Protestantism revolves around the fact that humans aren't perfect and will makes mistakes. But that God will forgive you if you believe in Him and his love.

>I get my science sources from Facebook feeds.
Fix'd

David Downs explain Cornelius

What is the relationship between Cornelius’ piety, including his performance of ἐλεημοσύναι, and God’s remembrance of him? Without suggesting any particular literary relationship, the characterization of Cornelius’ piety parallels that of Tobit in interesting ways.72 Tobit’s own exemplary piety is introduced at the beginning of the narrative with reference to Tobit’s performance of merciful deeds (ἐλεημοσύναι [1:3]), his pilgrimages to Jerusalem to offer tithes and firstfruits and to participate in festivals (1:4-8), his endogamous marriage (1:9), his abstention from unclean food (1:10-11), and an expanded list of Tobit’s ἐλεημοσύναι, a list that includes giving food and clothing to the needy and burying the dead among his people (1:16-18). Later in the story, when the angel Raphael reveals his true identity to Tobit and Tobias (in Tobit 12), for instance, Raphael’s declaration of “the whole truth” affirms that Tobit’s and Sarah’s prayers (3:1-15) were presented by Raphael as a remembrance before God: “And now when you and your daughter-in- law, Sarah, prayed, it was I who brought the remembrance (μνημόσυνον) of your prayer before the Holy One, and when you would bury the dead, similarly I was present with you.”73 The noun μνημόσυνον in Leviticus and Numbers occasionally refers to the memorial portion of a sacrificial offering (e.g., LXX Lev 2:2, 9, 16; 5:12; 6:8; Num 5:15, 26; cf. Sir 35:5-6; 38:11; 45:16), but in Tobit prayer is a “remembrance” (μνημόσυνον) before God.74

(1/2)

>If there is a God, then he is not moral or kind and does not love humanity.

He does not deserve your worship.

t.dawkins

> Moral high ground on Catholics

Like Tobit, then, Cornelius offers prayers and merciful deeds that rise to God for divine remembrance (10:4, 31). Both of these pious men—one a faithful Jew, one a Gentile centurion—receive God’s consideration and favor in part because of their practice of ἐλεημοσύνη. Within the narrative world of Luke–Acts, Cornelius’ performance of merciful deeds can be fruitfully considered in light of Jesus’ statement to the Pharisees in Luke 11:41 regarding the purifying power of ἐλεημοσύνη: “So give alms with respect to the things within, and see, everything is clean for you (πάντα kαθαρὰ ὑμῖν ἐστιν).” In Jesus’ encounter with the Pharisees in Luke 11, the Pharisees are concerned about external purity (vv. 38-39a), but Jesus accuses them of being internally unclean, full of greed and wickedness on the inside (v. 39b), and offers the practice of almsgiving as a means of becoming entirely clean. (pg 135-136)

2/2

>being descriptively vague as fuck
wow that is like most denominations

Masturbation is a sin for a reason mang, even as an agnostic I can grasp why it's a fucking terrible habit.
Everytime you feel your hands start to wander, go lift or do the thing you've been putting off.

>Catholicism is a mistake
>Make another mistake to escape from Catholicism

Orthodoxy truly is the only way forward

No, without faith works are dead. filthy rags. Faith first (in Christ not some church} works are a result of the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives

S O L A F I D E

>Sola Fide
Is a Catholic Latin Phrase. I don't recognize it

Sola Fide is a false doctrine. I am pointing it out by citing Biblical Scholarship to prove it

No one is saying works without faith saves. So irrelevant. And also it doesn't matter what causes works. The issue is whether the human agent is also active and isn't passively moved by something else

if this is true then you are implying that human beings have no free will

>You can divorce your wife 3 times heheheh
no thanks orthoshill

>Say these magic words and you're saved!
Wrong again. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved

When I do a work of faith is my mind active and I had also acted even with the aid of the Holy Spirit?

You just proved his points

kek

>converts to christianity
>not eastern orthodox
now thats a rare case
why would you do that

I've got this Bible coming in the mail, it arrives tomorrow

did I do good lads?

hi brother, welcome to the only true religion.

Ignore/hide pagancuck post

I used to be an Evangelical but then I realized if I went back in time 2,000 years and stood in a Colosseum with the early church, they wouldn't even recognize me as a Christian. Early church was Catholic, my faith didn't even arise until 500 years ago.

according to you We can't reply because we haven't read the whole thing. Do yoy have any beliefs of your own

moral is a construct of man

I want to convert to the British citizenship.

Which is absolutely retarded.
>Oh you accidently murdered someone and raped his wife, well that's okay, you are merely human. Mistakes happen.

Masturbation is degenerate tho

youtube.com/watch?v=tFv5ijz6s6A

This is what Evangelicals do.

>anti-degenerate
>follows cucksanity

Embrace Islam, brother.

Nothing is more vile than associating partners with God, as you've done with Jesus. Worship God alone.

Do you understand the difference between say and believe.

early church was more similar to orthodox, unless u can show us the 1st century Popes and "buy your way to heaven" doctrines

Aye, welcome lad, just dont step in the baptist-israel mud by the side, catholic or protestant is good

If you read it

Check this out from David Downs explaining Cornelius

The point of the story is not that Peter can enter into fellowship with Cornelius only because the centurion’s prayers and deeds of mercy purify him, for missionary encounters with Gentiles earlier (8:26-40) and later in Acts do not assume that Gentile recipients of the gospel message must exhibit the same piety as Cornelius.77 Moreover, Cornelius’ prayers and merciful deeds (προσευχαί kαὶ ἐλεημοσύναι) are said to have come before God as a “remembrance,” not as an atoning sacrifice for sins. Nevertheless, it is difficult to ignore the connection between Cornelius’ piety—exhibited partly through his practice of ἐλεημοσύνη—and the command to Peter, “What God has made clean, you must not consider profane” (10:15). God is the one who makes Cornelius (and other things and people) clean.78 But the logical outworking of Jesus’ earlier statement in Luke 11:41 would seem to imply that God’s cleansing of Cornelius happens in concert with Cornelius’ performance of merciful deeds. In the context of the narrative of Luke–Acts, Cornelius embodies the instruction of Jesus regarding ἐλεημοσύνη in the Gospel of Luke: his prayers and ἐλεημοσύνη are closely connected to his purity. It can be said, therefore, that Cornelius’ practice of merciful deeds is, at the very least, a sign, if not the cause, of his status as a Gentile neither profane nor unclean (10:28).79

And so that no one misunderstands the final statement in sign, here is footnote 79

79 As Christopher Hays summarizes, “By doing alms Cornelius exemplifies that his Gentile ethnicity has not rendered him unclean. The very thing that Jesus tells the Pharisees will cleanse their impurity becomes evidence of Cornelius’s own purity” (Luke’s Wealth Ethics, 236 [emphasis in original]).

(pg 137-138)

Nothing is more vile than following a schizophrenic warlord babyrapist.

Maybe it is because you did not do your homework and look up the book