Is morality a spook?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NaUtwJetosA
youtube.com/watch?v=8vMypCinkRk
youtube.com/watch?v=u_LHwKxcOIM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

Is gender a spook?

The only way to free yourself from spooks is to become a heavy drug addict.

what do you mean by this? why?

bump

can anybody on Sup Forums discuss?

Stirner is the spook
Marxist flavored pseudo-intellectualism

I don't think Striner is a marxist. Isn't he an egoist?

bump

Marxism is the mask and egoism is the deformed face beneath it.

Morality is only a spook if you perceive yourself as benefiting from parasitism, in which case it would be a spook for me not to physically remove you.

huh I don't get it. Doesn't spook mean something like it doesn't really exists?

its something that only exists in the minds of men. i dont really understand why that makes 'spooks' bad since we are intellectually complex being that rely on a system of biological processes just like any other beast.

what that guy is saying is that if you think having morals is a 'spook' and therefore worthless, he finds that it would be a 'spook' to have compassion for your nihilistic egoism, and would turn your own beliefs back onto you violently in preemptive self-defense.

Spooks are ideas which Stirner perceived as things which men sacrificed themselves, the problem being that he didn't understand that these spooks generated material rewards that he couldn't perceive.

/leftypol/ shill.

literally everything is a spook

a spook is a spook too

>we are intellectually complex being that rely on a system of biological processes just like any other beast.
we really arent. we are engineered automatons using chimpanzees as most of the source material and gods image for the rest

Egoism allows you to find the proper path when not interfered with from the outside or inside.

It allows you to walk the path you choose as your choice and yours alone, with zero binding or obligation. It's only then that you can pursue your vision with absolute freedom.

It has nothing to do with Marxism user.

Unadulterated "freedom" is cancer.

Duty and responsibility are the foundations of society, and they have won us the freedoms that we are now pissing down the drain.

youtube.com/watch?v=NaUtwJetosA

I agree with your motive. You just aren't breaking this down into small enough chunks to properly understand. To uphold those views and follow them as you would intend, you're only enslaving your self to that ideal. To have obtained absolute freedom of the self first, and then recognize social structure as a means to the goal of improving a society is the path I am suggesting.

For some people they don't care. They're content being a slave to ideals. But know they follow only due to obligation and fear. Those who take the path I mention will be on your side because the support the idea of a stronger society as their true desire.

I'd call myself an Egoist, since I do agree with their framework, if it weren't for the fact that I disagree with the conclusions of all notable Egoists.

Such is it the same way with many things in life sadly.

You're putting the horse before the carrot here, but I recognize that this argument is not without basis or merit.

I believe you are vastly overestimating the ability of most people to recognize the bigger picture and to think/act in the long-term interest.

Attributing the characteristics & thought-processes of a few great men to the lemmings is a dangerous game. It was fundamental tenet of Marxism.
>we are all equal

your pic seems to be an argument for anarcho capitalism, which will naturally give the "one" more resources than the lemmings with the least waste on bureaucracy lrmmings

It could be interpreted that way, but certainly not in the "selfishness is a virtue" style of ancap, because the one warrior brings the others back.

Isnt addiction a spook tho?

I agree here. By no means are all equal. Some will be born with better genetics, some will be born into wealth, ect ect. I only believe the concept of egoism be presented more to those with the ability to properly reflect upon themselves and fully grasp the world around them. Not only does it provide some peace to their existence, but also allows them to make more sound judgment. This would condition them as better leaders.

You're no fool, you can easily see the world has no shortage of sheep. What we need more of are leaders, and leaders who fully understand their goal and accept it as their choice.

Could I call this Stoicism as to not be associated with lefties? I think so.

I suppose they do mirror each other in this instance. I see it more as egoism being the vehicle that leads to stoicism to an extent.

>check'd
Exactly this. That pic was an acknowledgement of a truth; "we are not all equal". Anarcho-Capitalism may recognize that truth too, but it expands upon it in a completely different direction.

youtube.com/watch?v=8vMypCinkRk

Fair enough then, as long as you make that distinction I agree. I actually take a similar approach regarding religion.
>i'm an agnostic

I believe that society as a whole NEEDS religion, without being a man of faith myself. I will often go out of my way to defend Christians/Christianity against the militant atheists, even though we both lack belief.

youtube.com/watch?v=u_LHwKxcOIM

Blackpilled subjectivists who believe they've invented a new idea, when really it's just that most tribes dumb enough to go that route died out.

I've read nothing of Stirners that impressed me.

BTW, most threads fail Swissbro, don't be so attached.