twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I prefer romanticism.

Are sculptures allowed?

Bernini was the best there was, btfo Michelangelo on the daily

I can't get enough of this one

Love this shit

samson?

bump

Samson was the 90's comic book anti-hero that The Bible needed.

I have no idea

It makes sense that there would be a net but I have never seen or heard about it before.
Interesting.

/comfy/

Makes me almost depressed knowing we won't get art like this again, nothing that captures the emotion of a scene like these.

That's why its our duty to keep it alive. Don't let them Kangz try to rewrite history and take it away from us.

pls answer

strawpoll.com/829gffr

bbump it's been a long time since we have a thread like this. I blame the (((mods))) who are trying to erase the identity of Sup Forums

hercules

Botticelli's Venus

John William Godward

> Godward was born in 1861 and lived in Wilton Grove, Wimbledon. He was born to Sarah Eboral and John Godward (an investment clerk at the Law Life Assurance Society, London).[2](pp17–19) He was the eldest of five children. He was named after his father John and grandfather William. He was christened at St. Mary's Church in Battersea on 17 October 1861. The overbearing attitude of his parents made him reclusive and shy later in adulthood.

>He was a protégé of Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema, but his style of painting fell out of favour with the arrival of painters such as Picasso. He committed suicide at the age of 61 and is said to have written in his suicide note that "the world is not big enough for myself and a Picasso".[1]

> His already estranged family, who had disapproved of his becoming an artist, were ashamed of his suicide and burned his papers. No photographs of Godward are known to survive.

thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=blONy6BsISM

Giuliano de Medici's tomb.

G O T H E D
O
T
H
E
D

original

How can we spin this to make it political?

Bumping for quality art

That's not a net separating the pit from the seats.
It's a series of ropes hangin above the whole stadium to hang canopies from, to shade the crowd from the sun.

It already is political anyone who tries to revive this style is ostracised

Art is a direct result of a nations culture which is therefore political in nature.

thread theme
>youtube.com/watch?v=tELGpepmCQI

GAULED

do you mean "gauled"?

beautiful.

lmao

>"Crown Prince Friedrich Wilhelm contemplating the corpse of general Abel Douay" (GER: "Kronprinz Friedrich Wilhelm an der Leiche des Generals Abel Douay") by Anton von Werner (9th of May 1843 - 4th of January 1915), created: 1. January 1888.

This painting shows Prussian Crown Prince Friedrich Willhelm III. and other Prussian officers paying their respect to the corps of French General Abel Douay during the Franco-Prussian War. General Douay was ordered to take his 2. Division to a highly exposed position near Weißenburg. They arrived at the third of August 1870 and were surprised by the German Third Army lead by the Crown Prince at dawn of the fourth. They had taken position on a hill when Duoay was killed during the adjustment of a Mitrailleuse (a French grapeshot cannon, sort of like an oversized shotgun). General Douay became known in Germany because of this painting.

anyone got more from the romantic era?

W-will you guys take American art?

I don't have those paintings from the romantic era. sorry lad. I'm running out of my dump too

youtu.be/xP5MfjW9TuU za

The Last Templar

it's good. we are not elitists. We cherish the glorious past of western history a like

What's the story here?

I only wish we had more than just, like, three pieces of art we turn to, you know?

“The Bell of Huesca is a legend describing how Ramiro II of Aragon, the Monk, cut off the heads of twelve nobles who did not obey him. The legend is told in the 13th-century anonymous Aragonese work the Cantar de la campana de Huesca.”

What side would the Roman Empire be on if it survived until WW1?