The Venus Project with Jacque Fresco

I'm not sure what to make of this guy. If all of his ideas/inventions are as good as they seem, why don't we see his ideas coming to fruition. He seems like a really smart guy.

youtube.com/watch?v=5zn8MRKOskw

Get off my board you zeitgeist watching sophomoric red bellied genetically botched marxist mongrel blacked bonehead

Memes aside, why would people consider him a communist?

What specifically have you read/heard about that makes you think of communism?

>Wanting a computer AI to take over decisions
>Not understanding free will and the folly of atheistic societies

I saw that as well. I didn't enjoy it either.

I think, however, Zeitgeist painted the man in a bad light.

Did you watch the documentary I linked? It explains a lot about him and the technology he invented. It also explains his social ideas, which as far as I've seen hasn't mentioned AI controlling people's decisions.

As far as the religious ideals go, I think anymore that it's safe to say that any current popular religion is more or less spoiled. I don't at all agree we should all abandon the stories of old, but at least try and develop a new perspective on them. With that being said, I grew up Catholic, and noped out at a young age since I genuinely just knew something was very wrong. As for any other Abrahamic religion, I think we are all in agreement that they're utterly faulty.

Beyond that, I don't think you have the best grasp for the ways in which AI will eventually work.

If you think that things like the terminator were anything more than fear mongering propaganda, you're acting senseless. Whether you feel comfortable with it or not, AI will one day play a gigantic role in all of our lives. You can either deny that and insist it won't happen, or you can come to terms with it. However, I think you're jogging up a slippery slope here. Just because an AI program has some moderate control over our lives so as to subject us to order, doesn't at all mean we will no longer have free will, and it doesn't at all mean that it will make the only decisions.

I seriously think that Zeitgeist painted him in a bad light. I'm not fond of it either, but I think the person they referred to several time, Jacque Fresco, seems like he has a lot of good ideas, even if not socially, then certainly his technological ideas.

Again, I'm a little more curious about his inventions, as I'm always skeptical when people purpose social changes that seem to good to be true (ie. communism).

You're just a delusional flatlander city fag who is probably not even 21.

Well you're wrong, so neat.

I figured we might be able to have a sensible conversation here, but if you're more inclined to resort to ad hominem when thinking gets hard, then maybe we should go our own ways.

>As far as the religious ideals go, I think anymore that it's safe to say that any current popular religion is more or less spoiled. I don't at all agree we should all abandon the stories of old, but at least try and develop a new perspective on them. With that being said, I grew up Catholic, and noped out at a young age since I genuinely just knew something was very wrong. As for any other Abrahamic religion, I think we are all in agreement that they're utterly faulty.

Fuck off and read a book kid

This thread is disgusting. You are ashamed to be part of the human race. Remove yourself

>more or less

So I should go read a book, because of some weird point you're making, but you can't even read the things I say in the discussion we're having right here?

You're fucking awful at intelligent discussion, you know that?

I gave you the opportunity to prove a point, but all you're willing to do is talk down to me?

It sounds like, if anyone here is an 18 year old, it's so obviously you.

Do only kids get on Sup Forums during the day or something?

I think you should leave too.

Good god I came here to genuinely ask you guys about it.

Can no one actually explain the faults? I want to have a big boy talk here. Can no one muster that? Is it beyond all of you to act like adults? I'm sure you lot can do more than tell people to leave or call them children.

You posted disgusting images. Delete them

That's cool, sharejew.

Care to talk like big boys now? Or are you still going to scream from the corner?

As far as I know, in some of the early trials for one of the automatization branches of the venus project someone got hurt by one of the robots/machines

I still feel bad that I couldn't attend his lecture when he came to this shithole.

And well, there are spots for voluntaries, but I'm not sure if they only do work on their property on Florida.

Oh, and his idea of self-assembling buildings is being developed on the MIT as 4D printing. Look into the work of Skylar Tibbits.

Awesome.

Thanks for being the only person so far that can at least try to be an adult sometimes.

But that's pretty cool. I was actually watching stuff like this and was confused why infrastructure isn't more efficient just based on the way he described the domes and the way cities would function with the fractal designs and such.

/saved

No worries. I also got ignored when trying to spread the word of the Venus project years ago. However, I still distributed the DVD you posted to everyone I could.

Most people can't get past behind the fact that Jacque Fresco got involved only temporarily in some of those syndicates, but eventually got away from all of them because none provided what was needed. The critique on surveillance based on AI is a valid one, though.

Look into something called Earthships, they are similar self-sustainability projects that perhaps could come sooner than the proposals of Mr Fresco.

He is literally saying the same things commies in the USSR said during the 1960s. That's why he's a commie.

Get the fuck out.

Fresco's work is very misunderstood. He's spot on when he points out the issue of vested interests in society, the nature of the worldwide capitalist economy and its damaging effects to the environment and human health, as well as technical inefficiency (think of such phenomena as planned obsolescence, the cutting down of costs for better products in favor of marketing etc). He also calls out the flaws in language that we use, which causes various problems in communications with people/between people, and the true causes of war/poverty.

The problem comes in when he presents his solution(s), for example the "decision-making" process being relegated to A.I. I do agree with him that decision-making today is also very flawed, based on special interests. Governments cannot be trusted, they are corrupt to the core, infiltrated with lobbyists etc. Democracy is a joke, because you can't vote for the actual issues, but rather for people to decide things for you, which is why democracy as we have seen it is so fucking flawed and dangerous.

However, not once have I heard him explain in detail and with credibility how to actually arrive at that state, with great success. Why? It's untested. Many of his ideas hold merit, and much can be learn from his ideas and findings, as well as from related people with similar ideas.

But as long as it is untested, we don't know how it'd play out. Many people just reduce the whole thing to communism and forced reeducation and societal uniformity.

Great. This is the type of insight I was looking for.

I can totally agree with you. I certainly see where we could have big problems in the social aspects of his ideas, but the inefficiency of currently popular technology struck me as very odd, and when seeing him explain how a lot of his tech ideas worked made me very confused as to why more people haven't picked this stuff up.

I would agree that's likely what has happened.

Yeah he called out the hyper commercialized society and advertising and the effects for the durability (not to mention actual use) of a product.

I think what needs to happen is microcosm of his idea, made up of volunteers and crowdfunding, to build a small community, and try to put most or all of the idea's aspects to the test.

Of course, it would have to be comprised of very mature people, willing to adopt way different values, to try and make it work to the best extent they can.

I think people generally just dismiss it as utopia, or as communism, or as a genuine threat to the current state of society/finance/social values.

You'll notice these ideas have gotten very little attention in the MSM, because it doesn't do identity politics or care about gay rights or any other politically correct (non) issue to whine about.

I see something fundamentally wrong with his thesis, he say that if you provide everything to a human being he won't do anything evil or criminal but that's wrong some humans beings really are bad and even in the ideal conditions they will commit crimes some people really just want to see the world burn just for fun.

In Colombia I have seen cases of people that comes from good homes and life and commit the most horrendous and heinous crimes.

Beside that Fresco is honest and smart a dreamer, we need more of those