Where should I begin when reading the bible for the first time?

Where should I begin when reading the bible for the first time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=na5MDHf2X_M
youtube.com/watch?v=YKnzbIMEgwA&list=PLYIk4MAUnGh16HFgsW5rfWXokXQLKFcTS
biblegateway.com/reading-plans/
youtube.com/watch?v=meIg-TyDm-g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Genesis i assume

Page 1

It's not that much, you start in the beginning and you simply read it through you illiterate degenerate

The Gideon ones are pretty good. They usually have an index leading to specific advice, ie. stress at work - go read these parts.

Open the book read page 1 to the end of the book

I understand as well that it's a collection of books and you should study it instead of trying to read it as literature.

youtube.com/watch?v=na5MDHf2X_M

Jews detected.
Read the New Testament first then backtrack to the Old Testament once you know Jesus' thoughts on each matter.

Serious answer, the four Gospels. I think John is typically cited as the best one of the four to start with. Do not start from page 1.

Many people recommend starting with the Book of John, in the New Testament.

Genesis is the very hardest book to read and understand. Even more than Revelation.

Honestly start with the Gospel of John. Jesus is the key to the whole book.

Who cares?
Just read the book and take it with a grain of salt.

The Gospel of John
The Gospel of Mark
I John
II John
III John
Genesis
Ephesians
Galatians
The Gospel of Luke
The Gospel of Matthew
I Corinthians
II Corinthians
Romans
Psalms
Proverbs

After that put your big boy pants and read the Genesis to Revelation.

>Start with the Old Testament that shits real. Then take the New Testament with a grain of salt.
Top Jew.

Where you start with any book: at the front, you retard.
And don't call it The Bible, it's the Holy Bible or more specifically the Christian Bible. Or since you're using English say "book".
>Read the New Testament first
Why the fuck would you do that? Your have no context for any of the shit they're saying and referencing.

youtube.com/watch?v=YKnzbIMEgwA&list=PLYIk4MAUnGh16HFgsW5rfWXokXQLKFcTS

From genesis to kings is in mostly chronological order. Chronicles is some of the same events from other scribes. You'll have to research to find what order the prophets are. Save yourself some headache and breeze through genealogy and such, it's helpful for in depth research but not for just trying to learn.

If you want jump to the new testament when you get bored. The gospels up until the book of acts are the same story just different writers so there are slight variations. When reading the epistles (letters) make note of who they are written to.

I use the king james version but use whatever you wish. There is much debate on the translations of various words and passages but that shouldn't concern you at first.
Anyone who tells you that this version or that version is heretical or wrong is ignorant, don't listen to them. If you read commentaries from preachers try to get different viewpoints and pay attention to the ones who actually try to prove it with tools such as the strongs concordance.

>1 post by this ID
What bible are you reading?

Revelations is the most interesting DESU

The New Testament is the real story. The Old Testament is just the Jewish prequel. There is no point understanding the Jewish point of view before you understand the Christian point of view. You'll just end up going full retard and thinking Christians can't eat pork.

Stop acting like a cunt, just start with the begining of the book, and take the whole book with a grain of salt.
What are you on about?

John, acts , Luke, mark then Matthew
Other than acts which is Luke's account of after Jesus's death, they are all accounts of their experiences of their time with Jesus, similar but different, they were intended for different people like the Jews, Romans and Greeks but I don't know which one matches which

NT -> OT

I got into fights when I was in seminary because of that book. And it's Revelation, as in the "Book of Revelation"

>God made the Bible a certain way
>lol just skip 80% of it

Torah, Gospel and Revelation, all of OT, Then all of NT

Also remember that customers and verses were put in by the people who kept copying the books for future generations. They aren't necessarily the beginning or end of a narrative.

The Bible is bluepilled kike garbage.

Read Psalms and Ecclesiastes for the poetic beauty and then throw the rest into the trash.

Well you should still read all if it but the NT is mire important. I read it all in a row but I wsh I would have read the gospel first.

Even if you do focus on Rabbi Yeshua why would you not first read the scriptures he read and taught from to understand his teachings?

Here's a list of different reading plans if you want to go by certain topics. This is the first site that came to mind. I know other places have reading plans for the bible so just look around. Happy reading.

biblegateway.com/reading-plans/

Only read the red text

Without the old testament he wouldn't learn the difference between "jews" of Jesus time and Israel of the old testament.

Read the Book of John, King James Version for a quick rundown.

Naturally you go back and learn these things after finishing the rest of the book.

How retarded are you that you have to ask how to read a book?

This too. Also ignore the atheist faggots and shills itt.

The Bible is just a collection of books. So it doesn't matter where you go

>the difference between "jews" of Jesus time and Israel of the old testament.
There is no difference.

You cannot read the Bible ala Sola Scriptura. You need to get into the history, context and culture of the texts to actually understand them.

Blueletterbible.org is a good tool for comparing differing versions as well as finding out what the matching word was translated to elsewhere.

Wrong holhol, but I'm not surprised that you can't read.

Genesis...and finish the whole Bible.

Read Pentateuch, than Zohar and Sefer Yetzirah, than you can read New Testament as an example of how to apply kabbalah in practice.

Gospel of John

>the start

ok, the old testament PROMISED us Jesus Christ. there is a point in understanding that the old testament is a prophecy of the coming messiah, and also covers all of world history before jesus.

Just read it cover to cover. Don't be a bitch.

You don't have to fully understand it on the first read. What's more important is understand what a Christian is before you start exploring the rest of the texts.

>understand what a Christian is
which means getting summations and plotlines of it first as a briefing and guide to the whole package. That in itself means you cannot Sola Scripture through the Bible

the quran

>chuck missler
I have a lot of respect for this guy. I've been meaning to write a letter to k-house about an argument that proves reincarnation in the old testament.

>
>The Gospel of John
>The Gospel of Mark
>I John
>II John
>III John
>Genesis
>Ephesians
>Galatians
>The Gospel of Luke
>The Gospel of Matthew
>I Corinthians
>II Corinthians
>Romans
>Psalms
>Proverbs
>
>After that put your big boy pants and read the Genesis to Revelation.

This. Very wise and very much recommended method

heretic detected

OP here, why I asked, I've read all of genesis and none of it makes any sense really. Why I was asking, thanks for the advice.

Then what's the difference, retard?

Maybe you should actually read Biblical scholarship like the Anchor Bible Dictionary that will give you some sense as to what the text is saying, history and context.

You should read only the old testament if you only want the moral values of christianity, if you are into the superantural muh-lord-n' saviour then read the new testament.

Thanks, I'm going to grab a bite to eat and then immediately start reading from there, thank you

New testament
Gospel of John

watch some movies about old testament if you havent already

Read along with pastor Murray at the shepherd's chapel.

Also read a bible that is DIRECTLY translated from the Hebrew, not some indirect translations because the meaning changes radically. The bible in it's original form actually makes more sense than most translations out there.

>I've read all of genesis and none of it makes any sense really.
Well, yeah, jew myths are fucking stupid and dont make sense and their mythic heroes are cousin fucking assholes who steal and cheat and lie and are celebrated for it.

>Where should I begin when reading the bible for the first time?
the end, you filthy smelly christkike loser scum

Read the lost book if Enki first. Then the Bible will make sense

>Only read the Old Testament so that you know that pork isn't allowed to be eaten.
Jew/10.

>BIBLE
jewish garbage

Once, in a peaceful village, there lived a scholarly brahmana (priest).

Opposite his home, there lived a prostitute.

As a daily observance, the brahmana would sit in his doorway and recite the Gita.

Meanwhile, across the street, the prostitute would tend to her business.

As the years passed, the brahmana grew ever more disturbed by the prostitute. “Just see how lowly she is.” he would think to himself and continue with his recitation.

It so happened that both the brahmana and the prostitute died at the same time.

To the brahmana’s surprise, the Vishnuduttas (the Lord of Heaven’s messengers) came to deliver the prostitute while the Yamadutas (the Lord of Death’s messengers) came for him.

“What is this?” he protested. “There must be some mistake!”

Both the Yamaduttas and the Visnuduttas replied, “My dear brahmana, there is no mistake.

While you were busy meditating on the lowly activities of the prostitute, she listened to you recite the Gita and prayed that she could one day elevate herself to your position.

In this way the prostitute achieved liberation while you only degraded yourself.”

Moral of the strory:

Moral of this story is so clear. It is not so important what are we doing externaly. But it is important what is our attitude and what is our thinking.

you're the priest, who will not get into heaven, the christians you hate are the prostitutes, who will attain a higher life.

enjoy yourself while you can.

prostitutes are closer to Krishna than you are.

Genesis from the Anchor Bible dictionary,
B. Sources
Since the beginnings of source criticism of the Pentateuch in the 17th and 18th centuries there has been much controversy over the sources of Genesis. There are several competing theories today, but the longestablished identification of J (the Yahwist), E (the Elohist), and P (the Priestly source) still provides the most plausible model for the composition of Genesis (Friedman 1987; see the overview of Knight 1985). To these three sources some scholars would add the Promises writer, who inserted a series of divine promises into the patriarchal stories of J + E (see below, B.4.). Other scholars would explain the growth of Genesis by a series of editorial expansions of a single source (Rendtorff 1977; Blum 1984) or as wholly composed by a single author (Whybray 1987), but these theories cannot adequately explain the evident inconsistencies in Genesis (see Emerton 1987–88).

Do you scour this board day and night looking for Christian threads to much up?

Start By gospel of John
Its first chapter is literally "theology for dummies"

Avoid the Old Testament

1. J. The J writer was probably not the first Israelite author to write prose narratives, but adapted the prose styles of his predecessors (among whom were probably the composers of the ―ark narrative,‖ the ―history of David‘s rise,‖ and the ―court history of David,‖ found in slightly expanded form in 1 and 2 Samuel; see McCarter I Samuel AB; II Samuel AB) to his task. J retold the stories of the past, from the creation of Adam and Eve through the patriarchs, the Exodus, and beyond, in a single extended narrative. J‘s style is generally very compressed, as would be necessary for such a large task. It is likely that many of these stories would have been told at much greater length in Israelite oral traditions, as some of the allusions to unknown details and variants would suggest (e.g., Cain‘s wife, Gen 4:17; the ―men of renown,‖ Gen 6:4; Rebekah‘s message for Jacob to return, Gen 27:45; Jacob‘s conquest of Shechem, Gen 48:22; Jacob weeping at Penuel, Hos 12:5—Eng12:4). J portrays his human protagonists as bold, complex figures who tend to choose their own destiny (e.g., the first couple, Gen 3:6), sometimes by devious means (e.g., Abraham, Gen 12:11–13; Isaac, Gen 26:7; Rebekah and Jacob, Genesis 27). J‘s deity is similarly complex; he is shown changing his mind about the desirability of destroying humans (Gen 8:21– 22; cf. 6:5–7) and, in a moving scene, takes ethical instruction from Abraham (Gen 18:22–33). Yahweh often has no role in the stories or intervenes only occasionally. This intermittent role of the deity is in marked contrast to the other sources of Genesis, and shows J as, in a sense, one of the least ―theological‖ writers of the Bible, perhaps reflecting a closeness to the folk traditions of Israel.

Fuck off back to /shit/pol

that's some garbage story you filthy scum
NOT VEDA
because it has no scriptural reference
YOU'RE MAKING IT UP

BECAUSE YOU'RE LYING CHRISTIAN SCUM:

>you're the priest, who will not get into heaven, the christians you hate are the prostitutes, who will attain a higher life.
>prostitutes are closer to Krishna than you are.

>Fuck off back to /shit/pol
FUCK OFF CHRISTKIKES

Just remember to read the King James Version only. All the others have been strategically corrupted, intentionally. Look up "New World Order Bible Versions" on YouTube.

Also remember to read the New Testament first. And that the first four books of it (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John) all tell the same story in different ways (so no, not all books are telling the same story). Good luck, and no one goes to heaven unless it's by faith in Christ. Also watch this, it will boost your faith enormously and likely make you a Christian if you aren't one: youtube.com/watch?v=meIg-TyDm-g

second this. BLB is the shits

The J composition is plausibly dated to the early monarchy and appears to reflect Judean interests (Skinner Genesis ICC, lvii; Friedman 1987: 61–67). The depictions of a sympathetic side of Esau (= Edom) in J (Gen 27:30–38) and E (Gen 33:4–16) are strong evidence against an exilic or post-exilic date for J (pace Van Seters 1975); at this later time Edom was reviled for its part in the sack of Judah (Ps 137:7; Obadiah; cf. Ezek 25:12–14; Isa 34:5–17; 63:1–6; Mal 1:2–4). For other historical indications, see D. below.

>Just remember to read the King James Version only.

2. E. The E source is less dominant than J or P in Genesis but has a narrative voice and technique that is often distinct (McEvenue 1975 and 1984) In E‘s narratives, beginning with Abraham in Genesis 20, the human protagonists are often idealized, with their deceits and ambiguous acts explicity justified (e.g., Abraham‘s apparent lie about Sarah, Gen 20:11–12 [cf. Gen 12:12–13, J]; Abraham‘s acquiescence in the expulsion of Hagar, Gen 21:10–13 [cf. Gen 16:6, J]). The human characters often voice their intentions and show strong emotions, displaying a greater ―interiority‖ than in J (McEvenue 1984: 320–21). God‘s role in the stories is much more pronounced than in J; the events and plots of the stories are often explained as the direct expression of God‘s will (e.g., God‘s explanation of Abimelech‘s innocence, Gen 20:6; God‘s remarks to Abraham about the explusion of Ishmael, Gen 21:12–13; the narrator‘s description of the plot of Genesis 22: ―God tested Abraham,‖ Gen 22:1; the dream theophany explaining Jacob‘s success in breeding sheep, Gen 31:10–12 [cf. Gen 30:32–43, J]; Joseph‘s interpretation of events to his brothers: ―God sent me before you to save life,‖ Gen 45:5 [cf. 45:7; 50:20]). E is interested in the piety and probity of his characters; a favored quality is the ―fear of God‖ (attributed to Abraham, Gen 22:12; possibly none in Gerar, Gen 20:11; attributed to Joseph, 42:18; see Wolff 1969), and a proper note of humility is struck when Jacob and Joseph exclaim, ―Can I take the place of God‖ (h taḥat ˒ĕlōh m ˒ānōk ˒ān : Gen 30:2; 50:19).

>bible

Hate OT scholarship?

Being this 14

The E source occasionally displays northern interests (Jenks 1977; Friedman 1987: 70–83) and may have been composed as an alternative text to J, though strongly influenced by J in style and length of the stories (Friedman 1987: 83–88). Others regard E as an expansion of J rather than an originally separate document (McEvenue 1984: 329–30), and some regard the E source as insufficiently proven (Rendtorff 1977: 82; Westermann 1984–86: 2. 571–72).

3. P. To the P source belong two basic types of material in Genesis: narratives and genealogies. Among the narratives are whole texts, such as the creation account in Gen 1:1–2:4a, a version of the flood myth in Genesis 6–9, God‘s covenant with Abraham in Genesis 17, Abraham‘s purchase of the cave at Machpelah in Genesis 23, and partial narratives that are appended to J or E texts, such as Rebekah‘s disgust at Esau‘s marriages in Gen 27:46–28:9 and various notices of births and burials. Among the genealogical lists are extended sections, such as Genesis 5 or Gen 11:10–27, and also briefer notices that are scattered throughout the narratives. The genealogies and other chronological matter serve to structure the book as a whole. It appears that the P source is best described as a collection of independent narratives (Emerton 1988; Nicholson 1988) and as a redactional source (CMHE, 301–21; Tengström 1981). It may be that this implies more than one compositional phase for P, perhaps a pre-exilic P writer and an exilic P redactor (Friedman 1981: 44–132).

>approving heretical teachings

>Hate OT scholarship?
>Being this 14
EHY DON'T YOU LEARN TO SHUT UP WHEN YOU'RE TOLD BY ME, THE OWNER OF Sup Forums
I'LL DO WHATEVER I WANT
YOU ARE ALL MY SLAVES
YOU FILTHY CHRISTKIKE SCUM

>King James Version
steve, is that you?

you will never reach liberation

One of P‘s chief interests is the relationship between narrative and cult: the practices of Sabbath observance and circumcision are explicitly connected with the narratives of creation (Gen 2:2–3) and God‘s covenant with Abraham (Gen 17:10–14). On a more subtle level the primeval events in P anticipate the creation of the Jerusalem temple, an institution at the center of Israelite religion. The language in the P creation story anticipates the construction of the tabernacle in Exodus 35–40, which is P‘s symbol for the Jerusalem temple (Weinfeld 1981; Blenkinsopp 1976: 280–86; Levenson 1988: 77–99). In addition, the chronology of the primeval events also anticipates the construction of the temple: the creation begins the first year, the emergence of the earth from the flood waters also begins a new year (Gen 8:13), the tabernacle is set up on the first of the year (Exod 40:2), all of which foreshadow the sanctification of the temple, which occurred at the (autumn) New Year festival (Blenkinsopp 1976: 283). The symbolic structure of P appears to bring the temple into a close bond with creation and the cosmic order. The interplay between myth and cult, and the explication of the sacred structure of the cosmos, joining past to
present, are dominant concerns for P in Genesis.

Is it a sin to read the bible as a pdf?

By Cathocuck ideals we should only read the bible in Latin. I for one don't want to have to learn an almost extinct language before I can learn my religion.

Esoteric route
>Psalms-Genesis-Enoch-Exodus-Judges-Samuel-Daniel-Job-Jonah-Jeremiah-Isayah-Malachi---John-Letters-Revelation
Then again.

I for one do not like a stupid approach that will give readers very little room to get the message of the text

>you will never reach liberation
you don't even know what liberation is, you dirty fuckface
why would you tell that to me? because it's what you believe about yourself
you're just stuck with your filthy christian bollocks until the day you day
you dirty christkike faggots

It still blows my mind how so many otherwise redpilled people on Sup Forums still cling to the jew fairy tale of Christianity.

You all have taken so many hardcore redpills, but still refuse to take the final leap that religion is a tool to control the goyim and that there is no God.

Can someone explain why you people refuse to take the final redpill?
Is the truth really that disturbing?