Would Puerto Rico be a blue state or a red state?

Would Puerto Rico be a blue state or a red state?

Other urls found in this thread:

pbs.org/newshour/updates/2014-midterm-election-turnout-lowest-in-70-years/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it will be an independent state

It wont.

It will be blue probably.

And I'm talking Hillary-blue.

Probably republican with 4% going democrat

bluer than California

Probably blue. But it wont be one. This is referendum like 5.

They only voted 13% for Trump in the primaries.

It's brown so who gives a fuck?
#50not51

FIRST

BEST

It will be blue like all spic voters are

God I fucking hate you spics so fucking much

They're 61% white, which is above the national average

Reminder: Hispanics are classified as "white" by demographic polls.

Are you fucking retarded?

The browns are hardcore left wingers.
Look at how California votes. Puerto Rico would be like that. Except without any of the white people

It would likely be blue but it wont become a state because we're full already.

>Being this retarded

Independent state AKA its own country.

They want to be a state because they're in crippling and they are expecting muh gibs

Blue state. But statehood didn't win. Only the 14% of the population went out to vote and congress ask more than that (50% or more). Other argument that congress will not accept Puerto Rico as a state is because a colony is a business.

kind of fucking annoying if you ask me, can they just fucking get it over with and make it a one time mandatory vote? im tired of seeing the same shit every time they have one

It would be an MLB state.

Other thing that I forgot is that congress didn't approve this plebicite. Is was just a waste of time and money

Congress doesn't have that power to enforce a mandatory vote, is unconstitional

finally a Rican who gets it

I feel so sorry that your politicians dangle this carrot over them every once in a while to get political support just as one big ruse

couldn't you just use word play so that it seems mandatory so that causes a larger turn out

The problem in here is political fanatism and to much depence to the USA goverment.

It can be made if the people of Puerto Rico wanted real change in the Island.

Thankfully PR wont become a state but if it did it would most certainly be blue they need their gibs me dat.

over 80% Dem according to past voting patterns
Republicans will never win again so I doubt the Congress will allow it

Is that the only way 51 stars would work on our flag symmetrically? I'd deny them statehood based on that alone.

Many US elections, especially in off-years, are decided on low turnout figures that result in official results and nobody cares then. If some voters don't wish to vote nobody can force them. It's their right and freedom to NOT vote.
pbs.org/newshour/updates/2014-midterm-election-turnout-lowest-in-70-years/

This will be known as the flag of racial diversity and the changing face of America
Do you like your new flag burgers?

>This is referendum like 5.
Previous referendums were asking different questions and leading up to this. They were basically narrowing their possibilities. Last time they eliminated the status quo option. At this point they're voting on whether they go state or independent and regardless which they're asking Congress to make it happen. State is expected to win in a landslide.

That said, I doubt it will happen before 2020.

Yes. But in case of a territory that want to change their political status to be a state, congress demands a high participation of voters to be admited part of the union.

I don't want them. We gotta have Cuba, Haiti and Jamaica also.

A welfare state

blue

>Congress doesn't have that power to enforce a mandatory vote, is unconstitional
You should read your Constitution again because Congress has the power to decide how much, if any, of the Constitution applies in territories.

Congress could vote tomorrow to enslave your entire territory and you'd have no legal recourse.

It's going to be blue as fuck and ruin everything

whatever cuck the PPD's days are numbered :)))))))))))))

HARD BLUE.

>Huge influx of cash due to tax shelters for buying their bonds
>50% of their population works for the government.
>Insolvent - no way they'll ever pay their debts
>Bonds worth pennies on the dollar

They want statehood in the hopes of being bailed out. We should not allow them.

All non-whites in the USA vote democrat, look at any racial election breakdown and you'll see.

Whites are the only ones keeping dems from winning every single election

No doubt. I am refering that congress will not enforce Puerto Rico a mandatory vote. But in some way , they could give us independece in any time if they want too.

I wish the worst possible things to happen to Puerto Rico and the puertorican people. Fucking burden.

Don't you amerifats know your congress gave us a fiscal oversight board to deal with financial restructuring, debt and that bailout has NEVER EVER even been on the table to discuss?

You don't know SHIT

Sorry, I do not support the PPD nor any parties in the Island

It is like the Philippines, but a little behind. It needs to be cut free.

>Being this triggered
>Official negotiations aren't settled beforehand through unofficial communication
Only because Puerto Rico knows it has zero chance for a bailout and doesn't want to compromise their position further.

I can just move over desu I don't even like it here

Puerto Rico ain't gonna be a state any time soon as long as we're cucked by congress there isn't anything we can do

To be fair, Marco Rubio visited and sucked up to them in Spanish. But not good to give such a place more political power.

Red state.

Blue state all the way tho, even the right wing party is full of liberals, very few that are actually like republicans

Definitely GTFO. Just a guess, but I'm thinking you're stagnating in that environment.

Whatever color foodstamps are.

What was it like on the ground during the Fortuño years? I thought he might actually turn things around, but you all voted in a real scumbag afterward IIRC.

Unironically this

Or you just go for the EUcuck option and not change the flag after more states join because of aesthetic reasons

It was the brainwashed PPD in the island. They think conservatism is stealing from the poor (lmao) and that statehood is bad because of federal income tax.

Blue

Puerto Ricans are surprisingly conservative because they hate fags and mudslimes.

However they do love the gibsmedat.

Fortuño passed a law (known as Ley 7) that fired thousands of goverment employees, next year there were student protests that lasted for 2 months and it ended wheh shit got violent and people were hurt....it was kind of a trainwreck desu

poast more pepe please

>Using the word state to describe that shit hole

t. Guy who's never met a puerto rican

Island Mexicans.