Why do we still have monarchies in 2017?

Why do we still have monarchies in 2017?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_service_by_British_royalty
perthnow.com.au/news/australians-fork-out-for-royal-gifts/news-story/06558f72544166a20a2cf032d0cb0247
youtube.com/watch?v=zMGZtkMS3sQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why do we have so few is my question right now.

Because your mother's a whore.
Sage

You don't. Imagine losing them in this timeline.

Loyalty m8

I'll slap you fooken silly

Why not have a monarchy, it's tradition and history? Not like the queen has any power, the state leads the country.

Because parliamentary monarchies are the best form of government.

Makes more sense than democracy.

The UK needs a king again, one who will reassert his power over Parliament and guide the country back to sanity.

That old bitch owns your worthless soul.

Monarchies work. The only variable that effects how society is run is the ruler.

Why do (((Americans))) TM have opinions on this in 2017?

Because some people are better than others. Deal with it.

>why not give a family a shit ton of money and respect for doing absolutely nothing

Must suck having to bow down to your royal overlords. If your ancestors had any balls they would have rid the earth of them after 1791.

So that they can be overthrown.

They're fair game. That is how they got the throne in the first place; by slaughtering the other guy and his army.

>Literally treats the president like a king

What part of term limits and peaceful exchange of power do you not understand?

They're kinda cool.

A king? I don't bow down to ANYONE!

We need monarchs because goy children won't rape and murder themselves.

That would be a breach of the constitution of the UK my main man.

The monarch has a duty to parliament, but cannot affect it.

That is real.

Queen visits Aus
Queen brings gifts for Aus parliament
Queen returns to the bong
Queen sends invoice to the Aus tax payers for said gifts

Fuck the tight fisted old mole

Lol wtf

Give your overlords your guns! Give up your self defense you beta cucks.

>WARRIOR ARISTOCRACY

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_service_by_British_royalty

Daily reminder that Sup Forums is a christian board.
Monarchs derive the right to rule directly from the will of God.

The UK doesn't actually have a formal constitution. The primacy of the Parliament is entirely a matter of unwritten convention.

I ain't clicking that shit.

We are all created equal except for your german royal family.

oh look, it's one of those Yanks. Those people that refuse the devine rights of Kings...

... But arrogantly use the length of a dead King's foot to measure everything in their retarded country.

JUST

Bow down and lick your old hag queens twat.

You mean allah

THE Queen and other members of the royal family have charged Australian taxpayers thousands of dollars for gifts they gave to dignitaries during visits Down Under.
The Queen and Prince Philip handed out dozens of framed photographs of themselves and other mementos as thanks to their hosts during their tour last October,
perthnow.com.au/news/australians-fork-out-for-royal-gifts/news-story/06558f72544166a20a2cf032d0cb0247

Largest land owner on earth and above the law.

Why do we have muslims in 2017 is the real question

youtube.com/watch?v=zMGZtkMS3sQ

Well the main reason is that they still own a ton of property and provide a net boon to revenue for the country while also remaining filthy rich after giving up governance to their populace.
If not to see Royalty or their property why even visit bongland?

You idiots gave them your guns. You fools!

Objectively incorrect. In the last election in the UK the DUP got 10 seats from 292,000 votes. Meanwhile UKIP got 0 seats from 500,000 votes, and the Lib Dems only got 12 seats from 2,300,000 votes. Parliamentary democracies simply don't represent the people, it is a shitty form of government designed to cater to powerful political blocs and mitigate popular voting.

Also the monarchy is retarded, why should we pay taxes and celebrate someone just for being born into the right family? It's outdated and doesn't fit our Western values of freedom and equality.

Because brits have a strange cuckold fetish.

The family has a private wealth and public wealth. Once you realize how much private wealth they have you will see how much power and control they hold on to. It is time to do away with them either way.

Right question is; why we have "democracies" in the 2017?

He is just a figurehead for 4-8 years.

I live in a constitutional republic. Idk why people think the USA is pure democracy?

fuck off roach

Thats some fucked up representation my dude, i know gerrymandering is kinda bad here but how do you achieve that?For the people, by the people fucker

You do realise constitutional republics are democracies right?

You can't "do away with them", this is their property you marxist fuck

>why not give a family a shit ton of money and respect for doing absolutely nothing

You mean like the Kardashians?

You do realize that pure democracy is mob rule right?

Hey man i dont like that either but im not forced by law to give them money lol

Democracy= conscious common people selects who'll govern them.
So yeah, USA is a stupid democracy.
Ohh yes! For the people. Like people cares about people. Like there's a fucking reason why people should be cared.

I think it would work if the country was small and people very educated, it is a very good core concept tho and i think our system has shined during times but its definitely been perversed

>why do we have centralized governments?
It's never going away. There will always be divide between a ruling class and a lower class. Who would voluntarily make themselves a second class citizen?

Spot on!

Jew wish faggot, been here since 08 ;)

More so than voting, the worst part about parliamentary democracies is the amount of party infighting it creates. Since the leader of the nation can be replaced at any time by the leading party, there's constant backstabbing and power-plays. In Australia we've had 5 PM changes in the last 7 years from all the squabbling.

At least in the Presidential system you have to work with the executive, and not constantly undermine him

Care? How about not oppress? How about living your life with as little government intervention as possible? Freedom friend

You do realize the royal family makes the country a shit ton of money, right?

Because Elizabeth refuses to die. Once she does I won't doubt Canada will finally detach itself from the Monarchy since nobody wants to have Charles as a figurehead

Then why cant they just make themselves that money. Why give certain fuckers (who inbred for the longest time cause ew plebs) the ability to live above law? Why give into the gay ass political god caste bullshit. What the fuck does justice even mean anymore?

Freedom? Humans doesn't deserve freedom. Their mental abilities are not enough for to achieve such a abstract thing. Humans are sheep who should be shepherded.

It's that or oligarch political families like the Clintons. Pick one.

Maybe in turkey.

LOL

So your asking to be cucked at birth by the government? Why? I get alot of people are stupid but I'd like the freedom to live on my own terms, im thankful for the first and second ammendments, all im missing is a cabin innawoods

Why do we still have republics? They are equally old after all.

Whats wrong with them? They seem more logical

>loyal to a monarchy that actively letting your country go to shit

Every country should have them. They are cool and give a face to the country.

because that is how a monarchy works. in an early tribal society the guy that makes the most food becomes the king over that land. people invading? hire others and give them swords and say you will take care of them with your plentiful lands as long as they protect you. eventually this process solidifies into tradition.

even libertarian societies would eventually be sudo monarchies or aristocracies based on if the companies are CEO only or have a board of directors respectfully. people want power as it is human nature and if you can persuade people to fight for you and make that tradition it is best for you and your family's survival. that is the reason monarchies exist; baring from extensive details and the fact i just glossed over subdivisions and eras of time.

personally i enjoy the ideas of monarchies and aristocracies. they, usually, are breed to be the best for their nation in the advantages they receive in education. now coming from a democratic society i understand that is a hard pill to swallow but take this into consideration: roughly 55% of all americans voted in the 2016 elections. how many of those people do you think are aptly educated on all issues and policies to the point they can argue both sides fluently? i would wager less than 1% of that voting block could do it. this backed up with private schools time and time again scoring higher than public schools on average show that if you have the means you will, on average, be smarter than your peers.

Oh yes its very logical to let the dumb masses of ignorant to elect anyone only in the basis of popularity as they leaders instead of a prepared social class that is literally born for the job.

You're an animal, you know right? You can't be free. In 21st century? You never will be free.

Harry looks more like Charles. He has the same nose and a scaled down mouth (go-between between Di and Charles)

That'll never happen. She'll die a free woman. On the other hand, numerous European monarchs throughout history have been actually put to death for their crimes.

People give Kardashians money on their own volition you retard, it's not remotely the same as taking taxpayer money and handing it to a royal family.

Tourism. The U.K. would lose money if they abolished the monarchy. Someone did a study a few years ago.

>we

There are unspoilt parts of my country friend its not impossible to slip through the cracks i can try to be as free as my physical body and surrounding earthly environment are, communes have a checkered history here too

because a republic is simply a buffer for true democracy. true democracy being mob rule. all republics will fall eventually but they give us time to think up of a way to bypass the mob rule, which is a reason why you see so many politicians keeping their seat. politicians are not idiots when it comes to being an incumbent but to do so requires some degree of pandering to their constituents and that is where the mob can start to creep in. how do you think the Clintons, Bushes, and Kennedys have been able to hold onto their power for so long? they are effectively the aristocratic class of the republic. the worse part is it doesn't matter if you disagree with those aristocrats on issues or not because they are keeping back the droves of idiots from ruining a country. we may sit back and say "the democrats are destroying america" but it would be far worse if the democratic constituents were in power instead.

in the end the republic will eventually fall. it is inherent in every democratic based nation.

The problem with the UK isn't the monarchy part but the electoral system. The effectively run 650 parallel elections.

I'm sorry but i try to view most men as equal, yeah their are dumb and evil people out there, but at the end of the day theres a heart beating behind the chest and i have to hold some kind of reverence and respect for that. Also they arent so rich and powerful once their dead they die just like any other, but if you want to choose someone to bow and kiss ass too thats cool

Prepared by (((who)))?

It's not freedom. It's just escape.

Some people still value historical and cultural institutions more highly than having one 300,000,000th of a say in which corrupt ex-lawyer/investment banker gets to be Top Pleb.

True

>have some sort of monarchy or supreme hierarchical system for nearly all of human history
>democracy is less than 100 years old for the majority of the world, and is failing its people miserably
>act like this new paradigm is infallible and natural
To hell with democracy. Humanity was meant to be ruled by Kings.

By their parents, monarchies are an extension of the natural institution of family into the government, that's why its effective. Keep believing in "democratic republics" and the ideals of the (((French revolution)))

Yeah let's just turn Windsor castle into a refugee center. Fuck traditions right?

Protestants, basically.

>be catholic countries
>power of church and power of monarchies collapsed about the same time
>oh well, let's all become republics now
>be protestant countries of europe
>power of catholic church wanes, local monarchies don't lose power because they weren't supported by the church but in opposition to it
>england, protestant
>sweden, protestant
>holland, literally the protestantest
>all monarchies

>view most men as equal
and yet this is where we are different. i do understand that the human race as a whole is the most badass animal on the planet in terms of evolution. for that alone i hold reverence but that does not mean i turn a blind eye to the differences between men.
>they aren't so rich and powerful once they're dead
agreed but they will have passed on ownership of estate to their heirs. as long as the heirs have promised loyalty to the people who protect the "family money" as well the cycle will continue. people kiss ass and suck dick all the time to get ahead in life. the only ones that don't are the ones at the very top or the ones at the very bottom that move away from it all.

for some it is not about kissing ass at all but for a general self purpose that you are improving your own society and people around you. an ideal that has been almost lost on our modern world. maybe a good monarchy or two would bring it back :^)

I would lay down my life & give her my sole on command.

>Muh current year!

So the loyalist have someone to rally around when the country goes to shit and there's a revolution

Shoe sole?