Pagan LARPers

What are the fundamental tenants of Paganism?

How do Pagans worship their gods?

What texts are sacred to Pagans?

Genuinely curious...

Other urls found in this thread:

sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lista_över_trossamfund_i_Sverige_efter_antal_anhängare#Bidragsber.C3.A4ttigade_trossamfund_i_Sverige_2015
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pagan here.
Mainly we dress up in robes and go camping over the weekend.
It's common practice to give each other nicknames based off of ancient mythology.
We don't really have books, it's just kinda fun you know

You don't worship anyone. Slavs have their Gods, Greeks have their gods, Norse people have their gods etc etc. A Canadian being a "pagan" or have any connection to these gods and goddesses is absolutely ridiculous.

Go and worship your President or something while shoving a burger down your throat.

Wardruna

This.

There aren't tenants because it is several Religions. Most non Abrahamic religions are also lack something as cut and dry as the ten commandments or the Shahada.

Depends on the particular faith. Often giving offerings of alcohol or food, singing hymns, trying to live in a way that embodies the deities virtues, and prayer to name a few.

The concept of a God given text is Abrahamic. Pagans generally find texts that contain the myths and legends to have value, but not be a divine work or god given.
Greco-Roman
Various Epics and Legends
Norse
The Eddas (long epic poems about the myths one written in prose and one as a poem) and Sagas
I don't know of the others have large or organized texts

Do you worship muslim cock as it infiltrates every white vagina in your nation of cucks??
I didn't think so
Who are you to talk shit abnout people wanting to worship their ancestral gods?
You dont worship the allfather any more.

>Most non Abrahamic religions are also lack something as cut and dry as the ten commandments or the Shahada.

Translation: Most non-abrahamic religions are lacking in substance.

If you can't agree on a basic set of theological precepts (such as the five pillars of Islam, or the nicene creed of Christianity), then what you have isn't a religion. It's some kind of GNU open-source roleplaying game.

I was a pagan (specifically, Wiccan) when I was younger. And it was fun, as a teenager... but at a certain point I had to ask myself, do I just want to be some flighty flirtacious pagan girl? Or a fully-realized woman of God?

Way back when the population of humans was relatively small and lived near each other, a great hunter claimed to be king of all. He created a great city, and planned to rule the world. He was wicked and was killed. His wife continued to rule as Queen and later became pregnant. This was troublesome because the king had been dead for quite some time. So she declared that the king had died and become a god and was the sun, and it was the sun's rays that has made her pregnant.
The son was born and was loved by all. But he was killed on his 30th birthday in a hunting accident, by a large wild boar. The people were sad, and so every year on the son's birthday, the people would give up one pleasure in life for 30 days on behalf of the dead son and his inability to experience life's pleasure. They also kill and eat a pig like the one that killed the son.
Eventually the people erected a tower from where they would rule the world, and become the supreme authority over all the earth.
God didn't approve of this and scattered the people by scrambling their language. The people spread all around the world but took their religion with them. It was altered and mutated into all the ancient religions of the world that we know today, but kept many of the same themes and aspects still remain. You can see this in much of the Catholic faith today.

Exactly, we don't have the concept or worshiping, that's a Slave mentality from the desert. I have faith.

>nazi
>catholic

pick one

Hitler was Pro-islam actually.
You can read his writings about it.
He admired Islam, not Paganism.

Even went as far as to say he wished Germanics were historically Islamic so he could use that as his state religion.

Merkel and Hitler are ironically cut from same cloth. Though Sup Forums can't see it. Merkel will create a future that Hitler wanted.
>Islamic
>Germanics dominate Europe
The EU is the 4th reich, and once they convinced the EU to federalize/have an EU army Germany will have finally achieved its dream.

I think its mostly Merkel wants to destroy whites but okay. Hitler wanted Germany to be white not fucking BROWN.

IF ONLY THE GIRL I LIKED CHOSE THIS PATH INSTEAD OF ATHIESM

I'm not a pagan. They don't have as concrete values intergrated in their religions for two reasons.
>They don't have a Holy Book
>The religion was intertwined in the culture, so cultural values would have been asumed to be rules.
But I'm glad you found a spirituality that helps you live morally and fulfills you. God bless.

if you mix white and Caucasiod you get something mostly white in the long run.

They won't be blonde and blue eyes, but they will be "white" and Islamic.
Which is probably the only real way to change the country's religion at that point.
If you left the old way in power they would never convert on their own.

Encouraging Islam, EU federalization, and Eu army all at the same time? Why would Germany do that?
Oh wait....because thats what they've always wanted. To control/dominate Europe and later they became convinced Islam would be the best tool for it.

I used to live in that area

Odinist here:

>What are the fundamental tenants of Paganism?

Nine Noble Virtues: Courage,Truth, Honour, Fidelity, Discipline, Hospitality, Self Reliance, Industriousness, Perseverance.

>How do Pagans worship their gods?

Offerings of mead during designated times of the year for group events, carving and staining runes on wood and burning them when alone.

Again, this is what I, as an Odinist, do. Doesn't necessarily mean everyone does it. Refer to >What texts are sacred to Pagans?

The eddas, prose and poetic.
The sagas (in a way).

AMA senpai, I'm gonna lurk here for a bit.

A Canadian would be connected to Gaulish or insular celtic gods depending on his heritage. He could pilgrimage to the European holy sites, the fact that he is born in a foreign land doesn't make him less European, when he speaks a European language and comes from European stock. Europe is more blood than soil.

These posts illustrate my main thoughts... Paganism is largely individualistic in nature, and it can mean anything to anyone, and it can be practiced in many different ways. It's a way to feign spirituality while not really giving a second thought to your own "beliefs", thus it is quite apt to call Pagans "LARPers".

It lacks depth and has virtually no intellectual or spiritual value unlike other religions.

No because he's raised in Canada and doesn't know anything of his former land. Probably a mongrel as well.

I'm genuinely surprised it doesn't involve eating magic mushrooms, and cutting down mistletoe.

Translation : Most non-abrahamic religions didn't have the audacity to plagiarize a slew of other religion's texts, mythology, symbols and claim it was there's and then take it a step further and claim God himself instructed them and that he is the only one and true god.

Tons of religions and civilizations formed laws. They did so thousands of years before the Abrahamic religions. You think the 10 commandments is original? Those lows + 32 more were codified in stone 1000s of years before.

So yeah man, not many people in history stole the writings of tons of civilizations/religions, composed a book and claimed it was original and from God.

By that logic your "paganism" too is a farcical exercise in futility, granted that your people have been separated spiritually from your old gods for roughly a millennium now, all your holy sites have been pillaged or replaced with Christian monuments, and all your beliefs have to be reconstructed from biased secondary sources and subjective interpretations of carved symbols. The vikings settled in Iceland and in Greenland and that didn't make them stop being "pagans" just because they left the homeland, that'd be fucking retarded.

Yeah because Iceland still has a culture based on their heritage. Canada does not.

I would like to learn where I could learn about celtic and gaelic paganism, as my ancestors were mostly Scots and Irish. I like the volkisch wotanism and Asatru, but most of my ancestors were not Germanic

>Paganism is largely individualistic in nature,

I would say it is more tribalist. in nature.

>It's a way to feign spirituality while not really giving a second thought to your own "beliefs", thus it is quite apt to call Pagans "LARPers".

Do you need someone in robes to stand over you and tell you that one way of practice is right and all others are wrong? There are authorities among Asatru/Odinist groups, but private worship is also very important.

>It lacks depth and has virtually no intellectual or spiritual value unlike other religions.

How do you define depth in a religion? Is it in meaning? I could pick apart the myth of Odin hanging himself and get a wide breadth of interpretations. Is it in sheer amount of texts? Quantity =/= quality.

The bulk of my ancestry comes from Scotland, but I still have a lot of Germanic in me. The thing is Germanic people, from the Jutes to the Saxons to the Danes settled in Britain in one time or another. There's a good chance you have some of their DNA in you.

>mexican mestizos larping as norse
classic, kek

don't fall for it, I used to be a hardcore pagan. It's another deception to get you to worship Azazel (satan/lucifer)

So what? Neither does Sweden. All your "heritage" has been Christianized, just like what has happened to the insular celts and the gauls. If you're suggesting that he is unable to return to his roots because he was raised into a non-pagan culture, neither should you. You're being retarded and extraordinarily counter productive. The goal is to revive as much of old Europe as possible, both in spirit and in intellect, and you're hampering it with really petty and hypocritical prejudices that ultimately are irrelevant to paganism.

story time ?

I know I have a good portion of Anglo DNA, but most comes from Gaels, and I trace my family back to Scotland, so I feel that it would be better to follow their way

>Do you need someone in robes to stand over you and tell you that one way of practice is right and all others are wrong? There are authorities among Asatru/Odinist groups, but private worship is also very important.
It's not that, it's that unity is a core part of religion. It comes from the Latin "religare", "to tie".

>All your "heritage" has been Christianized
No it hasn't lol, why spew things from across the world you know nothing about.

>implying he said it was

Heil Foxler

They don't have books or clear values because they couldn't read or write.

Yes it has. You might have a few pagan landmarks left undefiled here and there but the society that you've been raised in, that is to say, your countrymen, possess a submissive Christian mindset and have been thoroughly subverted. Just because the church placed Christian celebrations on the same day as pagan celebrations to help assimilate the subjugated pagans doesn't mean your culture is "pagan." What you're doing by becoming pagan is rejecting your current culture and returning to the mentalities and spirituality of your ancestors, something that comes from your bloodline, not the land you're born in. Just as an icelandic colonist in the viking era would still be norse pagan, or a gaelic slave of the vikings in Iceland would raise their son as gaelic pagan despite being him being born into a norse i.e non-celtic society.

wow, it's like catholicbros didn't like how natsocs were favoring the protestants!

Blahblah everything here is named after Norse gods and goddesses mate. Don't try to push your lack of knowledge.

i think most people turning to paganism now first and foremost reject christianity and believe in natural law

these are the tenets

What's in a name?

Merely referring to a town by its old name is nice, but it doesn't grant you culture, historical knowledge or spiritual gnosis.

I'll give you an example, here in Australia, half our landmarks and towns still are referred to commonly by their old Aboriginal names, even by white Australians. But very few Aboriginals can speak their native language, very few even know any of their own myths and legends (not even the famous rainbow serpent story), almost none of them even on the pure aboriginal reserves live by the old rules of their society. Their culture has been declining for centuries and has been replaced with American nigger culture, calling Ayers Rock "Uluru" doesn't fix it.

lemme get some fries with an extra side of down syndrome

That was one of many examples, I'm not really in the mood to make a list of everything, but have these statues and do some freaking research.

satan is cool

jesus sucks bbc

Canada still has homeschooling, Sweden does not

Yeah Sweden is overrun by communists who is trying to tear down our country. Our school minister is actually working to make the school worse.

Art is great too, indeed Aboriginals often use their 'dot painting' style too today, and there are still old rock paintings depicting their spiritual myths. Yet the culture is still dead, why? Because these things are NOT enough to generate a pagan culture on their own. You have statues town names etc, but the people in your country either worship nothing or they worship the Abrahamic god Yahweh, they have at best a superficial knowledge of pagan beliefs and practices, and their mentality is very thoroughly Christian. The first step to resolving a problem is acknowledging that the problem exists, you can not possible be suggesting that the Swedish people at this time are heavily influenced by pagan culture, they are NOT. Their culture is documented in fragments in historical texts and almost none of the information has been taken up by the Swedish people.

I've had enough of arguing with you now as this is going around in circles, so I'll just say this for the benefit of people in the thread interested in paganism: Don't listen to the dumb Swede, pagan heritage comes from pagan ancestors pure and simple. Former colonies like Australia, Canada, the white parts of the USA etc are fundamentally European as they are countries founded by Europeans and as such it is absolutely no different for a white Canadian to become a pagan than it is for say a Swede raised in his thoroughly Judaized modern society.

>Sweden is Christian
The joke of the day

He says while posting with a Christian cross on his flag. I didn't say Sweden was "christian" I said you've succumb to their subversion culture. Even your atheists possess their passive aggressive nature. If you could read I merely said that your society has been thoroughly judaized and your people either worship no god or Yahweh in general, and this is objectively true, your largest religious groups are Christianity and Islam, everyone else is atheist i.e NOT PAGAN

>your largest religious groups are Christianity and Islam
People automatically became members by law if their parents were a member before 1996. That's the only reason Christianity "appears" to have members. But since that was abolished in 1996 their members are vanishing for every year that passes. And you can clearly see on surveys that only like 5% are religious in any way.

>My confirmation bias is pleased.

Judging a religion from posts on Sup Forums. Truly you are a scholar.

It certainly can sometimes

That doesn't help your point at all. Atheists, agnostics and other spiritually dead nihilists do not make a nation a pagan one. Once again, I need to reiterate what I said earlier: Your mentality is extraordinarily counterproductive. If there is no tie of bloodline to the ability to reasonably become a pagan as you suggest the whole idea of embracing your bloodline heritage in the first place is an absurdity. I'll suggest an alternative that is more productive than your retarded mindset: Heritage comes from bloodline, and embracing ones heritage is a mental and spiritual decision that an individual can make at any time provided they know and understand their heritage to begin with. Why is this more reasonable and productive? Because it takes only one look at pure blooded Aboriginals who can't speak their own language, don't know their own myths and don't follow their own traditions while being completely surrounded by their holy sites, their traditional art and their fellow aborigines in their homeland to understand that simply being a nord born in Sweden doesn't suddenly qualify you to be a norse pagan above a nord born in some flyover state of America.

One does not have to sign up for a religious sect to have faith in the old gods and goddesses mate.

>Heritage comes from bloodline
That's exactly what I've been telling you slowpoke.

Thank you for this opportunity to blog post. I'm creating my own philosophy to incorporate pre-Christian Germanic gods (the four who are in the English days of the week). I've partly taken clues from William Blake and Persona 4.

There are four major gods who each correspond to a major concept:
>Tiw (Tuesday): courage/sacrifice
>Woden (Wednesday): wisdom/understanding
>Thor (Thursday): diligence/hardwork
>Freya (Friday): expression/love

The fifth aspect is one reserved for the self: knowledge/experience. You have to live a life for this, and it can be thought to be related to Saturday, as Saturn was the Roman god of time. I believe Saturday should also be thought of as an earth-day, to fit with the Moon-day and Sun-day.

Loki is not a god, he's an inversion of the Self-god, a concept for what it means to turn away from the Five Principles. All gods are is heroic models of behavior with stories told in mystery.

According to the Eurobarometer Poll 2010,[7]

18% of Swedish citizens responded that "they believe there is a god".
45% answered that "they believe there is some sort of spirit or life force".
^I will add these two percentages together under the assumption that pagans might answer yes to only the latter of these, but may too also answer yes to the first one depending on how they read the question
34% answered that "they do not believe there is any sort of spirit, god, or life force".

According to the Eurobarometer Poll 2012,[7] the religions in Sweden are the following

Protestants 41%
Orthodox 1%
Catholics 2%
Other Christian 9%
Buddhist 1%
Other 3%

You're in that 3% of that 63% along with the Muslims. Though granted this is 2012 and there's a lot more Muslims in Europe now.

No, it's what I'VE been telling YOU. You somehow seem to think that because for example my heritage goes back to the insular celts of ireland and scotland, but I'm born in a colony, I can't be Pagan. That's a dumb way of thinking and even moreso it's it's a destructive way of thinking when considering the fact that you're probably hoping for the return of racial identity in white countries and you're basically telling them "no you can't participate in our historical RACIAL identity because you're from a European colony despite that having nothing to do with your race or spirituality :)"

>fundamental tenants of Paganism

take a look at all the morals and dogma of western civilization then take away the jew worship.

Most of the "good" of what you newfags call Christianity are actually pagan tradition that was adopted by christcucks. Christianity was a tiny jewish cult until Constantine adopted it to control the slaves while appeasing his jewish financiers.

>Most of the "good" of what you newfags call Christianity are actually pagan tradition that was adopted by christcucks. Christianity was a tiny jewish cult until Constantine adopted it to control the slaves while appeasing his jewish financiers.
>this delusion
lul

>cute pic

...if I was a "virgin" (homo) priest I would prob fap to it, but you didn't address anything I said

it's a smug christchan you faggot

gayest thing I've ever seen

Stay mad
I guess fucking men in the ass is a "moral and dogma of western civilization". Pre-Christian Rome was absolutely decadent.

>Eurobarometer
Discarded

No English source but you can see the amount of "members" here on the right, I was counted in these statistics btw, so you get my point.

sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lista_över_trossamfund_i_Sverige_efter_antal_anhängare#Bidragsber.C3.A4ttigade_trossamfund_i_Sverige_2015

pre-christian Rome and Greece is the only reason you are online shit posting for your semitic religion. Its the foundation of European culture which has enlightened the world, including South America.

As you can see there are many types, but all the Orthodox are made up of foreigners living in Sweden except that tiny part in red (2116). And like I said the top one are just automatic members and not people who signed up by their own will, most people are too lazy to leave it, but since every new generation doesn't become a member it will sort itself out with time.

Well, maybe I should have said "late pre-Christian Rome".

You were lucky.

these are good