Heroin Now Leading Cause of Death for Under 50 Americans

archive.is/JviCi

Drug overdose deaths in 2016 most likely exceeded 59,000, the largest annual jump ever recorded in the United States, according to preliminary data compiled by The New York Times.

The death count is the latest consequence of an escalating public health crisis: opioid addiction, now made more deadly by an influx of illicitly manufactured fentanyl and similar drugs. Our estimate of 62,500 deaths would be a 19 percent increase over the 52,404 recorded in 2015.

Drug overdoses are now the leading cause of death among Americans under 50, and all evidence suggests the problem has continued to worsen in 2017.

The initial data points to large increases in drug overdose deaths in states along the East Coast, particularly Maryland, Florida, Pennsylvania and Maine. In Ohio, which filed a lawsuit last week accusing five drug companies of abetting the opioid epidemic, we estimate overdose deaths increased by more than 25 percent in 2016.

Other urls found in this thread:

newsweek.com/new-vaccine-stop-heroin-high-abuse-study-622312
archive.is/lBSos
fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm562401.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You only had to listen

bump

Well, the CIA and Clinton Foundation had to do something with all of that premium Afghani seed; why burn it when you've got billions of buckaroos to make?

50 thousand dead a year means little to them.

bump

>crisis

worthless dopeheads removing themselves from the planet.

crisis, or opportunity?

>white '''people''' literally can't stop taking Heroin

Pathetic

Well look like the Chinese are getting back at us for the opium wars. But this is a blessing in disguise, hard drug users are overwhelmingly left-wing.

Ohiofag here, there's a reason DeWine filed a lawsuit.

PA and OH are disproportionately effected by the heroin epidemic. With Akron being the epicenter. Fuck dude, so many kids I graduated with ODed. I'm in the corridor between the Cleveland suburbs and Lorain, it's insane how prevalent it is.

heroin users deserve to die

using that shit is a completely voluntary act that you wanted to do even though i warned you against using drugs for 10 years

0 fucks given

There's hope:

newsweek.com/new-vaccine-stop-heroin-high-abuse-study-622312

Here, the Scripps investigators, working with researchers at Virginia Commonwealth University, tested the vaccine on four rhesus monkeys. The animals were given three doses of the vaccine, which elicited a successful immune response that neutralized heroin given at varying doses. The high-blocking effects of the vaccine were strongest during the first month but continued for more than eight months. The researchers did not observe any harmful side effects from the intervention.

Two of the animals had been exposed to the vaccine seven months before for a similar pilot study. All four monkeys responded to the vaccine, but the two that were receiving it a second time had a stronger response, hinting that their immune systems were already primed with the “memory” of the compound.

Although research on humans is not yet planned, study authors Kim Janda and Paul Bremer, chemists at the Scripps Research Institute, are encouraged about this next step. Other anti-heroin vaccines have proved ineffective for people, but this compound is the first to work in primates. “We believe this vaccine candidate will prove safe for human trials,” said Janda in a statement.

Importantly, this vaccine is designed to work against only heroin, not other opioids. Bremer and Janda now hope to find a company interested in conducting a human study so that the vaccine can become commercially available.

Archive
archive.is/lBSos

What are your thoughts on the removal (potentially) of Opana from the market?

fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm562401.htm

bump

Well, I can say that I know people that talk highly about the morphine high they get on hospital visits. That definitely helps the start of the cycle to chase it and get down the road to heroin.

But I kind of doubt taking it off the market is the fix here. Hospitals/doctors can choose to avoid it, but making it a non option kinda sucks.

>still the best sjw faggot removal drug ever produced.

guess where that heroin comes from

Mexico

If they die wihtout making children it's just a form of natural selection. People who are too shitty to succeed with anything take drugs to escape their shitty lives and if they're really retarded they'll overdose and remove themselves from the gene pool. It's not like this is an existential threat to society, because the one thing you can do to avoid becoming addicted, is just not taking drugs, which isn't that hard.

Well, we got shit like this going on. I wish it was just people removing themselves from the pool.

sign me right the fuck up senpai

No, seriously, how is a bunch of losers removing themselves from the planet in any way a problem?

I guess it might overwhelm emergency rooms and hurt the non-loser injured folks, but that could be handled with some education - spot the dopeheads and let them expire without wasting too much resources on them.

These people are dead weight on society *already*, them dropping dead is a net gain for humanity. "Crisis"? Thats a ludicrous description.

It isn't just losers. A lot of people rich and poor lose any potential to help others or create change because they get hooked on a feeling. You have no idea if some of them, with treatment, could have been successful. You are just being nihilistic for no good reason other than spite and to virtue signal with scorn.

>drug war
>working
pick uno

bump

We could have prevented this.

Real talk now, anons.

Don't fucking do heroin. Just fucking dont. The amount of friends I've lost since high school growing up in my shit hole drug riddled town is almost too many to count.

I'm fucking serious. Don't do it. Ever.

Wrong

CIA. Mexico's just the landing, production, and distribution center

Just the gene pool cleansing itself.

CIA is the biggest drug cartel.
Wasn't that airfield in Arkansas, where Clinton's career started, used for drug smuggling?

Pharma-approved painkillers, you stupid nigger. Kill yourself.
>tfw prefers herbs on posts

Yes, the Mena Arkansas airport was used to move CIA drugs/guns/money.

Guess where most of that heroin is coming from, along with a group of peace eh? FUCKING MUSLIMS. You guys know that is a method of assassination, which 99% won't be investigated, because filthy addicts right? And it's pushing onto white populations purposefully, chemical warfare 1000%