When did you realize that Stefan Molyneux is a millionnaire?

When did you realize that Stefan Molyneux is a millionnaire?

>muh one dollar

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania
socialblade.com/youtube/user/stefbot/monthly
theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/therapist-who-shunned-her-family-disciplined-by-college-of-psychologists/article4846791/).
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

People have chosen to donated to him. Good for him.

*donate

He makes content and some people choose to donate.

You wish you were intelligent enough for people to throw money at you.

I wonder if there is a relationship between the price of BTC and pic related.

t. Michael DeMarco

He practices what he preaches, nothing wrong with Stefan

good for him

Bullshit. He ran a philosophy based channel for years. He then does one video debunking BS on Donald Trump and all of the /redditfags/ that have invaded this board flocked to his channel. He capitulated to the new traffic and completely changed the aim of the channel.

He was making 20-30K a year when the channel was devoted to philosophy. When he changed the channel to maximize donaldfag traffic her started making 25-30K a month last summer. I have no idea what he is making now.

Don't fall for the "he practices what he preaches meme". He is a sell out, and there is nothing wrong with that.

540k a year from patreon alone

ofcourse he made pro trump and anti hillary videos during the election, trump is the better option out of the two. stefan never fully supported trump, it's only the least dangerous outcome. now after the elections and after the syria bombing you can see that stefan made videos criticizing trump. he's not "riding the trump train for viewers". he's just pointing out the facts.

stefan deserves every single dolluh, he has never monetized his videos or sold merch unlike actual sellouts. his show survives only throigh donations.

He has backups of his stuff for when they finally pull the plug for "hate speech"

Bitcoin is smart cause he says stuff that will get you put in jail in some countries

name one thing he defended Trump on/ attacked Hillary for that isnt 100% true. where is the lie, where is the fallacy? he can make what eh wants on his show, which he founded and owns and survives off donations, not ads, to maintain.
molymeme is a centrist who has been watching the cultural and political climate just like the rest of you fags and he is realizing his centrist views cant be maintained without something major happening to destroy islam and degenerate commies.

He spouts whatever BS ancap sheep like to hear, they donate to him. Free Market lol.
You know what they say about a fool and his money.

ONE FEKKIN DOLLLA

There is big money to be had from fleecing the amerifat ancaps and altrights; we should get in on the action before the sheep get bled dry.

>tfw missed out on buttcoin back in the day because I didn't take it very seriously and didn't bother to properly configure a miner
>could have mined and held it for a couple of years to make 100k+
>tfw waiting for the current price to dip so I can cash in and ride it to the moon as BTC adoption keeps increasing as a valid world currency.

You two are obviously not familiar with what his channel was like before the election. It was not a political channel. It had almost nothing to do with politics. The channel was dedicated to the study of philosophy. The closest it normally got to politics was advocating Anarcho-Capitalism from a deuontological perspective.

One day, me made the "Un-Truth About Donald Trump" video. All of you faggots from /r/The_Donald flocked there. He saw a new market. The channel changed overnight into mostly politics and pandering to pre-held views of the new viewers.

The dude is a sell out. As I said, there is nothing wrong with that. He is now an entertainer that is producing content to entertain his viewers. He deserves every single dollar they give him.

I had watched his channel for ~5 years before the election. Your "name something wrong from Trump / Hillary" is a fucking non-sequitur.

He's a moderately-high IQ sociopath who doesn't believe in anything other than himself.
Anyone who donates to him deserves to be played.

also literally jewish

>Don't fall for the "he practices what he preaches meme"
He always talks about meeting people's needs in the marketplace, though. How is tuning the content of his channel based on viewer preferences going against that philosophy?

You don't /intologic/ much do you. A single example does not prove an absolute. He is a now a sell out, and I am happy for him about it. He spent a decade running a philosophy channel that few of us watched and it afforded him just enough money to be a stay-at-home Dad. Now he is making bank as an entertainer. Don't fool yourself into believe that he is pouring out his heart and soul for all to bear in his channel. He is pandering to his audience. He is no different from an Alex Jones or a Glenn Beck now. All three have loyal audiences and deserve their money.

Lmfao no shot, I was making 10k a year based on channel donations alone while having 6k subs and I never shilled for donations. Molyneux has been pulling in 6 figures for quite a while.

yes there is nothing wrong with setting aside principles for shekels, goyim

Not much. Check that address for yourself.

Cult leaders tend to do well.

I always smirk when I hear Molyneux telling people to get a job. Millionaires who talk nonsense for a living, telling others how to live life from their comfortable bubble doesn't sit well with me.

So in your world, a millionaire doesn't deserve another dollar.

Fuck off, berniefag.

Go look at his videos that are 2+ years old. They have 20K and less views. That is AFTER the influx. He only had ~10K subscribers before the election started. When it was a philosophy channel. I remember when he mentioned in one of his videos a couple of years ago that he was finally making enough money to quit his regular job so he could stay home with his daughter and make videos full time. He has been pulling in six figures for about 18 months i.e. when he changed to a political channel geared torward redditfags from the donald.

Bitcoin, the modern day Tulip Mania Pyramid scheme.
Source sauce : en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

2017 and you have tons of idiot burning shit tons of electricity and consuming tons of electronic hardware to the point of exhausting supplies all to mine for virtual value. No one stops to think of how much of a waste of resources this is or how stupid it is. People keep on mining and keep on buying.

Just goes to show you what kind of idiocy occurs in the last stages of an age.

>Comparing something that happened over a period of 3 years to BTC which has been hyped for nearly a decade

It is no different than when an artist sells out. You no longer take them seriously as an artist. Same thing with Stephan; I no longer take his opinion seriously because he is a sell out. Donaldfags are going to spend their entertainment dollars somewhere. It may as well be him. He works hard and makes lots of content. Hell, he even did that when he was just making enough to get by.

Why does he only debate stupid teenagers? Why does he talk to them like he is their daddy? Is he a cult leader?

> Being so young and dumb that you don't understand that the mechanisms which drive bubbles and the psychology are the same across time.
> Being the moron who says, one event lasted 3 years this one lasted 8... Therefore, is legit.

I'm comparing the psychology and idiocy. Neither of which has anything to do w/ time. Bitcoin is a modern day Tulip Mania Pyramid scheme that not only will set ablaze to currency but is setting ablaze to precious computational hardware and energy for no other reason than to fuel a speculative bubble. When people look back at these idiotic times in the future in which it was clear we should have conserved resources yet wasted them on computational idiocy to fuel the same bubbles that have been documented for all of time, they'll understand clearly why we headed into disaster.

This.
OP is crab in a bucket // butthurt loser

He fucking deserves it. I set up a monthly donation even though I havent watched his videos for like a month. He's been a favorite channel of mine for years.

Because otherwise he may get wrecked

I'm also a millionaire.

Frogs BTFO!

not an argument

Companies have been accumulating BTCs in case of extortion. But I doubt it's the key driver

A million dollars won't even buy you a shitty house in Canada anymore.

No you fucking retard. Tulips are reproducible and have no value. Bitcoin cannot be hacked, cannot be duplicated, and isn't controlled by any central authority
>b-b-but it has no value!
Wrong. It's value stems from the fact that it serves a useful purpose. ie, it can't be duplicated, controlled, etc. Certainly better than fiat currency, where you'll have all your wealth subtly siphoned away via inflation.

Yes, there are always times when the perceived value of something increased quickly and then corrects. But that happens with literally EVERYTHING. Look at the fucking booms and busts that are a fundamental property of economies.

Bitcoin has followed a pattern. Yes, there will be periods where it ramps up and then falls back down, but the net trend is still increased growth as it gains more and more support and use as a currency. If you plot it on a log graph like pic-related, you can see how it's growth is a straight line overall, with sine-wave fluctuations. This graph is outdated and only goes to 2013, but if I were to redo the graph up to 2017 you'd see the same effect.

Yes, there's a bubble right now. Yes, it will correct soon. But then it will go on and continue to grow and far surpass this peak we now have.

> He only had ~10K subscribers before the election started

socialblade.com/youtube/user/stefbot/monthly

He has had over 15k subs since 2011 moron and the money then was likely much better due to having a cornered market. Also if he does therapy with an extremely small amount of people that watched his show, say .0001%, he would've easily been pushing 6 figures for a long time.

>he doesn't understand the value behind bitcion

ok dude .. keep buying gold

HAHAHAHAHAHA

>How To Cope With Depression
>Watched

Capitalism at work.

There's been very little right wing media for years and some individuals are realizing that making things aimed at those that are right wing is a great way to make a living.

What's astounding is that television stations don't seem interested in getting in on the act. Though that's probably because their executives are more entrenched whose minds are clouded by politics.

He's good at what he does and he's enlightening the mongrel normies at an unprecedented pace.

Your just some loser weaboo fggt with a trap fetish.

> Bitcoin cannot be hacked, cannot be duplicated, and isn't controlled by any central authority
Showing how little you know about computational hardware/software and distributed systems.

> Wrong. It's value stems from the fact that it serves a useful purpose. ie, it can't be duplicated, controlled, etc. Certainly better than fiat currency, where you'll have all your wealth subtly siphoned away via inflation.
Just because one system is flawed and exploited doesn't automatically mean another has intrinsic value because. If this were the case, any and everything could be a currency equivalent and rise for no other reason than being different. Obviously something has to be backed in order to be substantiated. Bitcoin and digital currencies are backed by belief and as such is just a mirage. The minute the belief crashes, so does the currency. The same as any ponzi scheme. Burning up tons of energy and computational energy to keep the lie alive. Waste of fucking resources just to keep some stupid ass ponzi scheme going.

>Obviously something has to be backed in order to be substantiated.
citation needed

There is nothing that substantiates bitcoin beyond its waste of computational power/energy and (present-day) distributed computation/security. The minute those collapse, so to will the currency. It will collapse and so will the currency like all pyramid schemes. Every moron of all of history declares (it's different this time). These pronouncements get louder towards the point of collapse. Please don't engage in pseudo-intellectual justifications... log graphs and sine-wave analysis.

Once the core algorithm/distribution scheme is compromised and it will be, this digital idiocy will go to zero. If you think for a minute that there aren't such attack vectors, you're either an idiot or uneducated w.r.t to computer security/distributed systems. There's a fundamental reason why most serious financial transactions don't even occur over the public internet. You morons will learn this the hard way.

P.S - there's no such thing as secure when you're distribution functions over other people's networks. Those who own the pipes own the flow of data across them. It's called a routing attack.

Keep playing digital farm-ville pretending its real.
I never declared I was a gold bug....
Just that you're living in la-la land if you think crypto-currencies aren't a pyramid scheme and that there are no attack vectors on them. There are tons of thesis papers on how to compromise crypt-currencies. Just because your pyramid scheme is being allowed to grow bigger, doesn't mean interested parties don't have the ability to cause them to collapse. Enjoy your modern Tulip Mania.

I look forward to significantly reduced price GPU hardware.

Name something you claim isn't backed but has value. It either has explicit value or is backed by something that has value.

Bitcoin is backed by belief (like all currency) and based on it's distributed security scheme. Belief can be destroyed easily. It's distributed security scheme can be destroyed by a routing attack + other attack vectors. As such, there is a straight forward way to initiate a collapse of the currency. The attack vectors have already been detailed by PHDs in computer security.

what would you recommend investing in then?

It has yet to be attacked by government. Who will want to keep their money there if they cannot easily turn Bitcoin to cash? (Actually that might be a good time to get in). Till then it is speculation. People want to spend bad money.

he was very fucking repilled I can tell you that

also, you seem to know a lot about computation. how long do you think we have before quantum computing becomes the norm? (this would also instantly destroy current cryptocurrencies, no?)

>Why do all indian people smell like shit?
>10 years ago

on of the early LOO posts.

At some point you'll realize the world has enough ponzi schemes, investors, and speculators and not enough actual producers. People complain about wall-street, inflation, financial engineering and how it ruins society and then, when given the power (a la) bit-coin engage in the same practice.

People complained about the financial collapse of 2008 but were the very enablers of it via flipping homes, lying on mortgage applications, signing off on them (local bank rep), hawking them (real-estate agent).

So, look at housing now. It's right back up to and past where it was in 2008. People complained 50 ways to sunday about crooked wall-street and then went out and re-inflated the bubble. Look at equity markets... Inflated to all-time highs even though nothing has fundamentally changed in the economy (it actually) has gotten worse. Now people are fearing that there is a run on tech stocks.

So, what about investing? I personally don't recommend getting involved in ponzi-schemes or buying things far above their value. This is what is known as speculation and is at the root of our crumbling society. You can't honestly say you're against it and then participate in it for your own gain. Try producing something of value besides playing stupid games to create false value. The world would be a better place. It isn't because of stupid shit like this. Wasting shit tons of electricity and computational power to support a scam... and people wonder how civilizations collapse : You're dedicating your most precious resources to self-delusion. Nothing is gained once the idiocy collapses (and it always does).

He was rich before the channel even got big. He sold a software company. Some people are just talented at money. He's very smart you could take the channel away and he would find something else to get wealthy doing. High IQs are predisposed for successful endeavors.

> It has yet to be attacked by government.
It hasn't because its not in their interest to. They're letting willing participants be genie pigs and mature the underlying technology first. They control the wires. You don't.

> Actually that might be a good time to get in.Till then it is speculation. People want to spend bad money.
As I said, ponzi pyramid scheme... Everyone's in it while the getting is good. As it has no underlying value, the bad can literally be zero. In the case of a transaction requiring precious resources, implicitly it can be negative.

marry me user

You are dumb as a stump aren't you?

God what was Dodge thinking?

There are many algorithms and mathematical formulations that are suitable to destroying the underlying security/distribution protocol of these currencies. Such formulations/approaches will become more widely understood with the new wave of computational hardware/software that is being manifested.

The history of computer security/computational obfuscation reads like this : Security is based on computational complexity. It is only secure until new computational capabilities make it insecure

Outside of certain circles, quantum computing won't be a norm for some time. Transistor gate size will continue to be shrunk to unimaginable scales via carbon nano-tubes. Further, optical computing which is already used in data centers has yet to hit the consumer market. This will provide leaps as well. On the algorithm/software side, there will also be leaps that will obsolete current approaches to distribution/security.

Electricity is a precious resource and is being used inefficiently to keep this ponzi scheme going. At a time of choosing, they'll take the whole thing down namely because they own the pipes it transmits across. The value lies in the new approaches to distribution/computation underlying bitcoin. Ethereum has high interest due to putting in more work on the distribution/computation methodologies and opening them up beyond currency. This currency bullshit is just a catalyst and feed fund for the procurement of the underlying technology.

project much?

Far wiser than you can imagine.
Every generation needs its own ponzi-scheme and subsequent collapse to see the light. History seemingly falls on deaf ears. Deafened by the insatiable greed to get more than one puts into something. Nothing in the universe functions that way but dumb human beings busy themselves wasting their time thinking they can produce the impossible. That or fucking someone over with the lie that they can.

I have 1 Bitcoin and it started going up after some countries currency started to collapse, I can't remember which one though. Maybe Venezuela

i see. but specific coins aside, the idea of cryptocurrencies is a good one, no? as long it stays ahead of security/distribution exploits

>practices what he preaches
Oh my fucking god

and the new socrates, i give him half my salary every month

I missed out as well. I was just too young and clueless. I'm not a finance guru anyway.

I'm getting into Dogecoin now but people say it has no future but even so, it's cheap, there are faucets and things can change so we'll see.

>tfw waiting for the current price to dip so I can cash in and ride it to the moon as BTC adoption keeps increasing as a valid world currency.

lmao that is simply not going to happen user. do you even know how the scarcity of btc works?

POOS ON SUICIDE WATCH

t. butthurt youtuber who doesn't make as much money as Stef

The distribution algorithms are good. That's about all. Crypto-currencies are moronic and are a pyramid scheme. They exist only as a catalyst/feed fund for the underlying tech. Once the tech and support infrastructure matures, they'll can the currencies with proven attack vectors..

> as long it stays ahead of security/distribution exploits
You can't do this when you tightly integrate something's value into an existing methodology. Any fundamental changes to the underlying distribution/security algorithm leave huge windows of opportunity to take the whole system down. Take iphone rooting for instance, they executed the attack vector during the upgrade window primarily because its when the whole system is open to be compromised.

Crypto currencies are too tied to the core algorithms. They'll likely target the run-time operations with a certain class of on-line attack vectors pushing them to do a bulk upgrade to the algorithm at which point, they'll execute an attack vector that compromises the whole distributed network and take the currency down.

The only valid currencies will be centrally administered, non-anonymous, and out of band. The only people who have the capacity for such features are the current players because they own private networks and the physical conduits.

>t. treasury dept employee who used to work for the federal Reserve

No coiners, ahahhahh

Gonna make 100k this year from crypto

Cults are profitable.

He advocates the idea of "defooing" which means cutting ties with those he deems to be toxic family members. Toxic people like abusive parents (which he considers to be the vast majority of parents) or people that differ from Stefan's beliefs. His therapist wife got into trouble for advocating the idea of defooing (theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/therapist-who-shunned-her-family-disciplined-by-college-of-psychologists/article4846791/).

Cutting people off from family and those who do not agree with the group is a tactic used by cults. When you consider that with the fact that Stefan is a charismatic and egotistical authority figure, it’s not surprising he is called a cult leader. Look into Stefan and the reasons why people are calling him a cult leader.

For any Stefan Molyneux fans, saying not an argument is not an argument.

>(which he considers to be the vast majority of parents)

because most are just brainwashed babyboomer commie scum

at least here in germany

nasty socialist nihilistic hedonistic scum all of them

cutting these toxic ties is the first step towrds the new 1000 year reich

What are you some kind of commie faggot?

The guy works his ass off every day making great content.

He deserves every penny and more.

BTC is going up and will never disappear as long as CIA keeps using it for drug trading.

stations dont get money from donators, its a conflict of interest for jew shekelstein

its value is as a store of value, but there are so many cryptos popping up that what they will be worth is anyones guess

>donated just $2 hahahahahahahaha
fucking worthless goyim

He is offering his philosophical take on the Trump phenomenon. How is that being a sell out. Sometimes people change their products in life based on market demand. He's still true to his core skill which is philosophy and analysis

>Stefan is a cult leader

Christ, you cretins just can't stand Stefan can you? Face the facts, no left winger will debate Stefan because they'd get their shit pushed in.