Trump depicted as Caesar and Assassinated, Sponsors withdraw

At the Shakespeare in the Park's performance of Julius Caesar, Caesar is shown as a trump-looking man in a business suit, who is eventually stabbed to death by women and minorities.

This has prompted large sponsors like Delta and Bank of America to withdraw support from the theatre.

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

nyti.ms/2tcmkt9
youtube.com/watch?v=kFEK0Sbq4o8
archive.is/Lzq0S
youtube.com/watch?v=F8hNaCnOdcw
foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/06/12/sponsors-flee-new-york-city-theater-company-over-trump-killing-scene.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermit_kingdom
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Forgot link

nyti.ms/2tcmkt9

>sponsors withdrew
But where are the proofs?

i highly doubt sponsors withdrew. something like this is a liberals wet dream. they should have gained sponsors if anything.

archive that shit nigger

It would be smart for companies to withdraw their advertising from entities that mock execute the president of the United States. But they should be allowed to put on the play (if they can still afford it).

>Pic related
>Ent Titties

It's almost like.....there's a way.....to find proofs....in like 3 seconds....

Shakespeare in the park you say?
youtube.com/watch?v=kFEK0Sbq4o8

>who is eventually stabbed to death by women and minorities
>thoughts?
Don't relax around blacks.

If donald trump was Julius Caesar America and the world (would be the same thing) would be in excellent shape right now

so the message is that black people are all murderers?

Certainly that they can't be trusted at the very least .

>Forgot link
>
>nyti.ms/2tcmkt9
Hi,

remember to archive the page.

archive.is/Lzq0S

//SvenBot

It's tacky

Wow, it's practically like there wasn't massive fallout just a couple weeks ago about trump being killed; they were being very original, edgy and topical with their performance!

because stabbing Caesar really worked out great for the Roman Republic

youtube.com/watch?v=F8hNaCnOdcw

>man beloved by the people
>murdered by politicians concerned with losing power
Really activates my almonds

This.
It's almost as if the Libs doing this don't understand the underlying message of the play.

ave
true to caesar

Wait, wouldn't showing Trump as Caesar be pro-Trump as Caesar is shown in that play as being so beloved by the Roman people that his assassination starts a war?

Remember ladies, when Caesar died Augustus replaced him

Et tu Jared

Yup. I mean it's not even Richard III or King Lear for goodness sake.

Ceasar was a literal tyrant who thought that the rules applied to everyone but him
He enriched himself beyond measure during his rule and patriots of rome decided enough was enough

Huh

"Modernized" renditions of Shakespeare are so fucking cringey.

Wasn't Ceaser a SWJ Democrat who got killed for going against the ruling Republican elites?

This

>not picking Nero
Assholes!

did they pull it because it portrayed trump in a positive light or because it showed the left as "so much for the tolerant left"?

we may never know.

Could the left be anymore butt hurt?

I'm so tired of hypocrisy. Is there a country I can move to and just live as a hermit?

Impale yourself, Brutus

> Free Shakespeare in the Park does not reflect Delta Air Lines' values," the company’s statement said. "Their artistic and creative direction crossed the line on the standards of good taste."
>American Express also took to Twitter and announced their sponsorship doesn't support the play.
I appears to be real
foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/06/12/sponsors-flee-new-york-city-theater-company-over-trump-killing-scene.html

and what was the response for the Roman empire due to these antif- i mean, patriots?

Take your time.

Yes, NK.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermit_kingdom

>Ceasar was a literal tyrant
Fuck off Cassius

So how will the left shoot themselves in the foot next?

Stop being an optimas

Considering this is a play, they've probably thought this up and been rehearsing it for a while. The Kathy Griffin thing was just poor timing as far as they're concerned.

underrated - kek

If they let me in, it'll just be so they can hold me hostage.

NYC's Shakespeare in the Park used to do it with period costumes and props but I guess they got lazy/too liberal this year. It's too bad because I wanted to catch one of their performances but I'm not going to watch childish people bring their political opinions into it and turn it into a tacky tumblr-tier bullshit feista

>story of a Roman emperor's assassination
>they're dressed in 21st century attire

Why do liberals ruin everything?

This is insulting as fuck to Caesar, Trump is nowhere near him.

cato plz go

Either these things are illuminati litmus tests to see if they can pull of an assassination without a revolt, or the liberals are just that mean and stupid...I cannot tell which, maybe its both......

Does this make an audience of fools happy? I hated they way Obama ran our country into the ground yet never would glean satisfaction from seeing his ruin...how does getting trump to fail help anyone? I just don't get it why liberals are so stupid

Et tu, user?

Augustus did nothing wrong.

Shakespeare didn't show Caesar in a bad light interestingly enough.

Unless they edited the text, one could interpret it as pro-Trump.

This has been acceptable since Jesus Christ Superstar.

>please cuck me daddy ceasar! I love you draining the republic to fill your coffers with unimaginable wealth while intentionally roiling the plebs up so you can enrich yourself further in the ensuing chaos so you can set myself up for life

fucking bootlickers, never change

YOU WILL NEVER BE THE BOOT

>economy booming and record dow closings
>more jobs and lower unemployment
>crime down
>obamacare destroyed and people not forced to spend thousands a month to support a program that only benefits a handful of people
>increased support for american energy sources which is more money and jobs

Theres literally nothing bad that has happened during Trump's presidency and it is the best time for Americans in decades.

there is a leaf with wisdom?! Good job bro...your rare.....

Good, criticizing is one thing, having people beheading and stabbing the president is another.
Tone it the fuck down.

Is this their endgame?

I would love to see Pence do Marc Antony's monologue desu

Cato was completely right. Ceasar didnt give a shit about anyone but Ceasar

>illuminati litmus test
lel

I didnt say trump was bad just that julius caesar would be way better.

The fact that every single facet of our economy improved under Obama must really not vibe with your opinions huh?

How do you reconcile your completely incorrect statements with reality?

Sure, because Rome was so happy Ceasar died that they went to civil war.

I know the guy in charge of this shit. His son is a complete degenerate cokehead that sells fake acid to teenagers, and his daughter isn't much better. They always have some extra retarded themes for their plays like "shakespeare in the hood" or shitty stage renditions of O. He 100% lost his job because of this.

Nope. Since Kathy Griffin the left is being held accountable for this shit. Now all we need to do as consumers in ban together and actually boycott shit from companies that don't support our president and buy stuff from those that do.

Wow the edge, why are liberals such edgelords?

LMAO BLUMPF BTOFEIDNGFIE!

IT'S ALL OVER FOR HIM NOW, IMPEACHMENT INCOMING.

Honestly it seems to me that the left is going through a collective full blown mental breakdown. Soon they're gonna need schizo meds.

Uh Wut? Some things improved, money got moved indeed. But jobs wasn't one of them and the train was outta control with our debt. Numbers don't lie shillbro....Also, personal experience with family losing jobs ....so an even bigger thing to me was Obamas absolute disdain for separation of powers and a total lack of value in rule of law....its as if he just didn't give a fuck as long as his marxist PC narrative got implemented....then there was the poorly concealed attempt at social engineering....he tried to subvert all race & class structures in a reckless ill thought out manner.....more marxist dogma.....no thanks...the nation was very close to war...and yet still might be on its way to civil war II

Yeah man, how's that real unemployment? How's the middle class? Go fuck yourself

Oh yes... they will be. The left and the EU have unloaded all the spite they have, they have no more ammo. Meanwhile Trump is going to get shit done and fling it in their faces, which will only drive them more insane.

God I miss him

More assassination theatre, supported by endless media coverage just like that Kathy Griffin bullshit. I worry that eventually one of the MKULTRA kids will get their switch flipped by all these suggestions. Precarious times we're living in.

The conservatives had some valid points, but expansion, scale, and empire bring on issues. They wanted to drag ass on everything; the most stalwart really didn't want any non-Romans given franchise or other political rights, and they wanted also to limit access to Roman citizenship. Other conservatives were willing to compromise on those points somewhat, but by 80 BC, Rome wasn't merely Rome anymore; it was already an imperial power stretching from Spain to parts of Southern France and basically the whole Italian peninsula. Conservatives not bending enough was what caused the Social War.

Now, they had good points about the populists wanting to go overboard on grain subsidies, some of the public works and games, and so forth. That's mostly just good bookkeeping and longterm stewardship. The populists could finance these programs somewhat as long as there was ample war booty and things ran smoothly in the provinces, but once the borders stopped and Rome could no longer expand, the finances quickly took a turn for the worse.

At the same time, how would they have held the empire together as long without the public works and subsidies?

it must suck living in a third world country...forced to learn history from websites like r*ddit

slaves were treated well in the republic and chimped out because of one commie faggot

>fox
go away

>Not wishing for the age of First Citizen Baron

Who in Sup Forums wants to do a version of "Taming of the Shrew" set in modern America?

We can call it "Taming of the SJW"

Katherina (Kate) Minola will be a modern white female with problem hair, horn rim glasses, and piercings.
Christopher Sly will be a barhopping numale.
Baptista Minola, her father, will be an effete cuckhold.
Gremio will be a Jew.

Petruchio will be a blonde hair, blue eye aryan prince.

We'll take some cues from "10 things I hate about you".

The point of the play will be to ruthlessly mock SJWs.

This, liberals are goddamned morons.

>Thoughts?
They deserve to have their funding cut, there is no argument.
Nothing is without consequence. That's why we post on a semi-anonymous board and support net neutrality, because I can say edgy shit without getting fired.

If you walk up to your boss and yell "I hate niggers" you're retarded and deserved to be fired. If you draw a picture to the people of your president being assassinated by minorities, you're making trouble and you deserve to be fired. You don't get to complain later about it.
If you really cared about your ideology, getting fired or losing funding, friends, etc won't matter.
A real ideology is worth dying for.

If you're just going to bitch later about the cost, you really didn't care in the first place.

I like this.......bravo

sounds like someone only got to have one scoop

When will these retards realise they're not the rebels? Does endorsement from pepsi and every other asslicker corporate giant not tell them something?

>walk up to your boss and yell "I hate niggers"
P R O M O T I O N S
R
O
M
O
T
I
O
N
S

>Brutus and Cassius
>Not the worst traitors of all time

There are objectively more jobs and less unemployment countrywide
No one gives a shit how hard your particular family had it.

This isnt a matter of opinions, you are factually incorrect. The USA is better than when Obama first started. Absolute fact

That's a given user, Caesar could make Zimbabwe a world power.

fox is fake news.

>unemployment
Objectively lower than 2008 (when the economy crashed because of Republican deregulation, remember that little bit?)

>middle class

Still being raped by the rich.

They took a look in the mirror and didn't like what they saw.

>and patriots of rome decided enough was enough

which led to Rome become an actual dictatorship.

Read up on your history, fat fuck burger faggot.

Ceasar betrayed the Republic. Far worse.

>fox is fake news
>the twitter accounts for delta and amex are fake as well
Hacked by Russians right?

Is this even anti-Trump?

>portray Trump as one of the greatest leaders, one of the greatest men of all time
>assassinated by a bunch of idealists who assumed the public would back their actions
>death is almost always portrayed as tragic
>forced to flee when public reaction turned against him
>Caesar's adopted son takes control, fully demolishes the Republic and rules as dictator for over 40 years, dying comfortably in bed
>Empire would go on to survive for 500 years in the west and nearly 1500 years in the east

If it's anti-Trump, they fucked up.

im not saying it ended well. They didnt go far enough.

Libtards can't handle anything they don't like
Libtards can't come up with anything since they're so indoctrinated by the media
>O I kno daddy, we'll remake a play and put drumpf as ceasar and kilt him
Sponsors pull out of shitty theater.
Trump eternally btfo, gg no reeeee

They overestimated there support in Rome. The people loved Caesar.

>one of the greatest leaders, one of the greatest men of all time

Only bootlickers think this though

*their

Being personally cruel will earn you very little in life shill.....

I take it you really see no value in humility, or the golden rule?

Anyway. if your going to be a dick: provide a nice graph or source your claims.....bet you can't lol......The debt Obama created alone was astronomical.....Obama was a marxist zealot, not a business man....he wouldn't understand economics if alan greenspan fell on him....stay salty shillbro

>There are objectively more jobs and less unemployment countrywide

More jobs now then when the economy completely tanked? is that supposed to be an accomplishment? You're giving Obama credit for not being so awful that he broke the bedrock after the economy hit rock bottom?