How based was Rhodesia?

> The Rhodesian African Rifles (RAR) were a regiment of the Rhodesian Army.
> The ranks of the RAR were recruited from the black African population, although officers were generally from the white population.
> It was there that the Regimental song ‘Sweet Banana’ first began and, although it would evolve significantly, it would retain its chorus of 'I will buy you a sweet banana'

youtube.com/watch?v=7cue8E_rsu4

I have a relative who worked with the Rhodesian Guerillas, AMA.

which side?

Rhodesia, he was a South Rhodesian Anglo before the Bush War broke out.

My great uncle btw. He died back in 2012.

RIP. nice song.

Any stories from the war?

It's all memes. Rhodesia was at most 5% white

Look up wikipedia.

Any good books about Rhodesian bush war you would reccomend to me?

He had a ton of stories. Shocked he didn't die earlier. After England pulled out of his region a lot of his buddies became guerilla fighters, and after the war drifters. He talked about how he wasn't bothered as much as the other guys. He was born in '41, someone mentioned that he was so weird because he was the result of a last minute lay between my great grandparents before great grandpa went off to war.
He has half a dozen kids, all different mothers from just about every continent. I only have met 3, none like him.
The bloodiest thing he ever saw was when they attacked a brothel during the Bush War, shooting up a ton of prostitutes and guerilla fighters.

damn, sounds like quite a life he's had. does he hold resentment against today's Zimbabwe or has he adapted fully to contemporary life?

Bump because I'm remembering a lot about him.
He was born in 1941 in Cornwall, his dad went off to war against the Nazis, said they weren't that bad, had a German friend until he died in the 90s (German died a year later).
My great uncle, Ed, lived in England until he was 21, when he moved to South Rhodesia after meeting a girl whose dad owned a big farm there. Less than 2 years later, the war broke out, the girl and her dad moved away, and he never saw them again. His friends were staying, so he stayed with them, but he never intended to spend the next few years in war.

South Africa was only 20% white and they were still at the top.

Fireforce by Chris Cox. I also read Bitter Harvest by Ian Smith.

When I asked he taught me the word nigger, but he didn't like any country he fought with or for. Seems like he had a lot of fun blowing shit up with his friends, but also a lot of regret.

>rhodesian guerillas
Nope. Larping faggot. The only white advisors the terrs had were Russian and East German, and that was Nkomo's men.

He wasn't an actual soldier, just a scavenger, blowing shit up and stealing crap. Not part of an army, just a guy trying to survive with a bunch of his nigger friends.

You're a lying fucking faggot. Completely full of shit, you fucking queer cocksucker, trying to bask in the glory of superior men.

Honestly, your story is so fucking retarded you'd have to be a nigger to fall for it.

I'm... sorry it's upset you so much? How does this affect you?

>Sup Forums hates blacks
>Look at this country which is mostly blacks, awesome wish I lived there!

seconded
this americunt is obviously lying

Only if you have the bravery to not ban slavery.

my mum lived in Rhodesia, her father (my Grandpa) fought in the Bush war for Rhodesia, not sure what regiment he was in, I only met him once when I was 10

all my mum recalls of Rhodesia is of whites being racist to Blacks, the wildlife and Mugabe being a cunt

got any more sweet rhodie images user?
wish I could find someone who does replica brushstroke fabric

What fabric?

Rhodesia's white population who at the time of independence in 1968 was largely settled in the capital.They were mainly concerned about keeping white majority rule,as well as keeping the economy going.And feared that if the blacks managed to get into power there would be not just social turmoil but economic turmoil as well.The white Rhodesian's in the city were more liberal minded,as liberal attitudes were more common in the capital.The military families that resided in the capital and other smaller towns were usually.Spear heading civil rights , the idea that if a black man and white man can be brothers in arms.Then the white man and black man can live together,which many whites and the blacks that were educated agreed with.Blacks did have it better off under the whites as well as having certain liberties in Rhodesia that blacks in the United States and Australian aboriginals did not.However this was largely constrained to the capital and varied from town to town,not all white Rhodesian's could see past their colonial attitude.That they were superior and as such there was abuse against black Rhodesian's by law enforcement and the people.

Rhodesia's whites were split on how to handle the blacks , while the Rhodesian blacks were concerned about surviving day to day.It wasn't until the insurgency picked up momentum once Mozambique became fully independent from Portugal.Where the Marxist/Commie insurgents began to rally the uneducated blacks and begin a full revolution against the whites.Four years on and in 1979 Rhodesian's went to the polls and voted on the topic at hand summarized as "White rule or black rule" with no surprise that the blacks choose black majority rule and the self exiling of whites leaving for South Africa to escape the slaughter that would occur by the state.

Rhodesia was a fairly interesting country , i would've enjoyed seeing one of the last bastions of British colonialist Culture.

Because you're lying through your teeth.

I can't validate shit about racism, I think my uncle hated almost everyone.

Nobody believes you dude

give that man some short shorts and this

it was like the American south in the 50's or something, my Grandmother owned a restaurant with my Grandpa, the customers would get angry if they let blacks in for example, things like that

who can blame them though really, pretty much the entire black population of Rhodesia wanted to kill them, and niggers are fucking niggers