All the water I drink comes from a self made water tank...

All the water I drink comes from a self made water tank. So essentially there's no fluoride or any other chemicals consumed, I guess my question is here how many of you also use alt-water solutions besides tap water or bottled water?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NqRqC5Z6sGs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do you put eletrolites in your water?

You're...bladder?

nah its pretty much

>rain -> Pipe -> catcher net -> Into the tank

It's also to note I've only had the cold 3 times in my life with no other recorded health issues or deficiencies

Do you worry about cloud seeding?

It hasn't effected me yet so not in the slightest

You got it lucky; where I live the nautral water supply have isotopes in it, and it pretty much never rains, so I do have to use bottled water, been here my whole life, wonder what its done to my DNA

>rain -> Pipe -> catcher net -> Into the tank
So no membrane filters or UV?

Rain water has no minerals in it, only contaminants it picked up in the atmosphere.

Even if you were okay with the lack of minerals, you really should filter it.

There is no fluoride in my water supply but I can taste the chlorine.
Is chlorine really bad for health like fluoride but they aren't telling us?

Chlorine is fine, it keeps your water clean, just don't drink straight chlorine

I would slightly worry about actually tasting it though

I live in the country and have a well. Best tasting water around and it's essentially free. Only cost is the electricity to run the pump

forgot pic

Since I moved back to the UK from abroad I can taste it more. I was filtering all the tap water when I was away and I have very sensitive taste buds.

Do you feel any difference drinking non flouride water aussie senpai? Want to know if there's genuinely any difference

i am sure i can taste it, ideas on a pump?

>Not distilling your own urine to drink
>Not leeching the blood from your enemies to drink
>Not filter feeding moisture from the air to drink
>Not preserving yourself in a gelatinous shell so you never need to drink again
>Not splicing fish dna into your body so you can drink seawater
>Not designing and funding a spaceship to visit the Ganymede moon in order to harvest the ice frozen underneath the crust to drink
>Not refining wormhole technology to enter a parallel world where humanity never evolved and spending the rest of your days alone uninhabited planet to drink
>Not creating a nuclear particle accelerator to forcibly rip protons from atoms to create water from anything on earth to drink
>Not reading ancient demonic texts to conjure Tharkoroskranti, the world ravager, and asking for a fresh cup of water when he repays you for releasing him from his interdimensional prison so you can drink

simple activated carbon filters take some of the chlorine out I think. Reverse Osmosis filters too but they are expensive.

>mfw quints on a post about water filters

>He doesn't have a water softener

shietttt

I have a well.
Also since when is bottled water fluoridated?

You make valid points. I'll take this into consideration.

Softeners just take out calcium build-up from porous rock, the softened water can save you time and money in your home as it is better for your pipes, your appliances, and for cleaning (but it does not protect you from any potential secret government projects)

Reverse osmosis does literally nothing useful except removing the TASTE of chlorine, and in fact it gives your drinking water a dangerous low ph level (making it acidic and very bad for your stomach) unless it is equipped with a ph booster (making it even more expensive). Also the very expensive filters wear out !!so fucking fast!!, it is basically pointless to install this machine ever in any home

(I used to be a water filter salesman that is why I know this)

I'm in the sticks and use a well I rebuilt myself.
>60' well with drilled casing and poly line
>turbo pumped sized under the 4" casing
>external capacitor for pump in basement cuz convenience
>all poly line and pump electrical ran through 6" field line
>brass pitless and well head cuz convenience
>properly balanced bladder tank and 55lb switch
>all water lines in pex with mani block
>two stage elemental filtration system for full house and outside spigots
>R.O. system on tap at sink
>huge underground aquifer and lots of limestone
I occasionally travel for work, and I hate having to use city water. Once you get accustomed to clean water you realize how much better it is.

>R.O. system

>on a fucking well

You got ripped off.

Probably. I overpaid for the whole system 15 years ago, had it reserviced and then put it in my new place five years ago.
Even though I originally overpaid I can take some comfort in the fact that it's been working well for twenty years with just routine maintenance.

It doesn't really matter what you paid for R.O. or how well maintained it is, it is worthless to you in any case just because you are on well water. Only city water could get any benefit from reverse osmosis since it removes the flavour and smell of the chlorine (and even then... it's not worth the money)

I'm not sure if this is already icluded in your "elemental" filtration but the one and only thing that's truly important for well water is to have an ultraviolent light filter. This kills dangerous bacteria in the water. City water has the bacteria killed by the chlorine but well water of course never went through that treatment.

>ultraviolet light*

ultraviolent filters would be badass though

RO takes out more than chlorine.

I wouldn't say it's useless, but for conventional knowledge and worries (ie not worried about secret government projects) it would be over the top.

Yes but it doesn't do anything about harmful bacteria.

Also, unless you also have a water softener removing the rock calcium before the water goes through RO, no RO filters could last a week in the average home.

you don't like any kind of filter, eh

someone recommend a water filter system for when shit hits the fan? got a creek in my backyard, but its pretty nasty with a stagnate pool it all slowly drains out off

>use alt-water solutions
i get tap from a well nearby
and the water company thinks i don't know it's just well water with no treatment

I was in the business long enough to know that water filter sales are scammy as hell.

If you're on well water, having a UV light filter to kill bacteria (and a water softener so no rocks obstructs the UV rays) is smart.

On city water though... it doesn't matter at all really.

I have 120 ft deep water well. There's no cuck fluid in my water.

so what filter would you recommend for city water? and don't say city water is fine without filtration

also, what kind of filer would remove lithium from drinking water?

youtu.be/NqRqC5Z6sGs