Do you support an independent hong kong?

Do you support an independent hong kong?

Is it not working?

we need to protect them form the communists

Yes, but the mainlanders will never let it happen.

We need another Opium War.

I support Hong Kong and the people, there are kind of senpai really, can't fuck with China though, we need to respect the situation.

Yes, but it'll never happen.

>can't fuck with China though
Why not?

>Why not?
I know you are american and all, but do your really dont understand why fucking with china is a big NO NO?

Yes. I'm not sure why it was given to china in the first place. Does anyone know why they didn't just give Hong Kong independence?

There's nothing wrong with a tiny country like England fucking with China a little

Independence or back to being a British colony. Same for Macau.

Part of hong kong by treaty was a 99 year lease.

Without that land Hong Kong was not viable as a colony, and china wasn't going to extend the lease. So the whole colony was turned over.

Yes

Hong Kong is just a token at this point.
On the surface, it got freedom and all that shit but deep down it's just lies.

And China treating Hong Kong nicely is not the case.

hows the english teacher life? easy pussy?

Not to mention Hong Kong was handed over only after the UK got the chinese goverment to accept the one country, two systems principle.

Hong Kong is located in a pretty strategic location that helps the west to make a lot of money from that little island, thus by giving the whole land back to the chinese they were able to continue making insane ammounts of money, otherwise they would have been like a litte west berlin, barely functioning thanks to its hostile neighbours

Real china speaks the truth.

We already have Indoneasia and Malaysia, why the world needs another muslim country in Southeast Asia?

I support bringing it back to the Empire

"Indonesia" is a Dutch colony

Anything to fuck over China, so yes.

support, but know that it's 100% a meme at this point
many native HKers are Canadians
HK is like 20% mainland Chinese at this point
HK is reliant on mainland market, energy and water

the only realistic deal at most is forcing China into an EU+ like position

Absolutely. Same for Macau. Unfortunately, I doubt it will ever happen, unless we finally square off with the mainland. In that case we could potentially incite a patriotic rebellion in both.

Hong Kong and Macau aren't Muslim