/sojg/ - State of Jefferson General (Ever Growing Edition)

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=0wFczbAnmww

The State of Jefferson is a proposed US state in Northern California (less prominent, but noticeable in Southern Oregon). The State was first proposed in 1941 and a movement quickly sprung up. However, due to the importance of WW2, the movement quickly died down. Many years later during the 90s, the movement resurfaced. As California began rearing towards a very left leaning blue state, more and more northern counties, fed up with being tossed out and disregarded by the Californian government, began the campaign once more to create the State of Jefferson. This will not only bring a conservative state to the west coast, but put a dent in the democrat stranglehold of California and the west coast in general. Since Oroville, the movement has exploded in popularity, making it the most vocal state separation movement in the US. (Note there is another secession movement in Southern California known as the "State of Jackson", however it is not nearly as prominent as the conservative led movement in Northern California).

Links:

Official Website: soj51.org/

News Articles: krcrtv.com/news/local/shasta/state-of-jefferson-supporters-file-lawsuit-against-california/496024228

orovillemr.com/article/NB/20170529/LOCAL1/170529766

modbee.com/news/local/news-columns-blogs/jeff-jardine/article130705049.html

Can you hear us now?: youtube.com/watch?v=eddGRO5wUxY&t=80s

Youtube Videos:

youtube.com/watch?v=T8mwwjAeUGM&t=2s

youtube.com/watch?v=LdUIyhD0we0&t=71s

youtube.com/watch?v=lrDWdsjYGeY&t=1s

Other urls found in this thread:

kevinhayeswilson.com/redraw/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So what's the politics of Jefferson? Conservative, but how? Libertarian? Authoritarian?

Conservative with hints of Libertarian here and there. But mostly hard Conservative.

Can't wait to build a wall along the Sac/Placer county line

I need to move up north, barely any white people in southern California

We like to drink, smoke and bang greasy whores if that's what you're asking

It's very majority white as opposed to the rest of the state.

gibs me the libertarianism

Look at any run of the mill red county in the rest of America. That's pretty much it. Conservative, but with a growing drug problem that brings all sorts of issues.

Placerville is 'Hangtown', and there's an offroader's bar outside of Ice House Reservoir called "Uncle Tom's Cabin". So we lean right. But Roseville gets a lot of miscreants from Citrus Heights, and there's an ever growing Mexican/Latin population. A lot of southern Jefferson is like this.

All the more to quicken the separation.

We are a more fun loving, but hard working folk up here.

Yeah. But drugs will always be an issue. No matter the state. Just look at Redding, it's had issues long before the new opioid crisis.

That is true.

(Ironically we have a town called Weed)

Alternate flag from a past thread

With the older folks its Hard Conservatives and with the younger folks its mainly Libertarian. Baically muh machine guns and weed

It's more based off of all the taxes California bombards us with, but guns are another staple I suppose.

>tfw live in humboldt country
>tfw my county is the only one resisting SoJ
JUST

>when you are so sick of commies you move to Alaska

It would be such an ugly state, though.

The borders change. Although it is in the process of growing and growing.

Blame pot

I bet you smell like fish faggot

The boarders look like Thomas Jefferson wearing a hat

(((Humboldt University)))

I... suppose it does to an extent.

Or moose. Either one.

It would have 7 electoral votes and vote Republican

That too.

Depends on which counties join, but according to that map yes it indeed would have 7 electorals.

Nevada City checking in. even the liberals here are conservative. though there are a lot of people coming from the bay who want to turn this place into Portland.

It's all the peyote heads and their powwow for social justice bullshit.

>MAKE COLFAX WEIRD
>MAKE GRASS VALLEY WEIRD
Truckee is basically Santa Cruz in the Mountains so they dont need to do much else

I mean I can't really blame them they'd be cucked by the surrounding red counties.

its our shitty kike university president

I am aware. Truckee is a nice place though all things considered in my opinion.

The western US is divided in an egalitarian fashion along degrees parallel.That is a terrible job of drawing State boundaries, sad!

As to be expected from a university president.

Assuming senate seats are just created (2) that leaves 5 house seats moved from Oregon/California reducing their vote from 62 to 57. Not a very large impact in the house at all. The senate majority would change from 52/48 to 52/50 (assuming no conflicting senators). This reduces the power of the vice president, as the senate is now impossible to deadlock, therefore no tie-breaking VP votes. To retain true balance it needs a partner state to join/split with it. (Adding Puerto Rico would fuck-up the house of reps)

That is IF Puerto Rico was allowed in (which it may very well not be let in)

Right after the election, I saw a Hillary supporter getting on I-80. I looked over at her, with my cop shades on and my high testosterone, beautiful white male body. She kind of cringed and sighed all at the same time. Kind of like the way a mortally wounder deer looks as it bleeds out staring at you before giving up. It looked like she pissed herself, and she almost swerved right there off the road.

Since living here, I've only seen two Hillary/democrap bumper stickers. Those who are democraps are too scared to show it.

Yeah that's a big if. To keep balance perfectly we could just split California into thirds. This would create a Senate majority if 54/50 and deadlock at 52/52. The electoral college would gain 4 votes and the house of reps would remain unchanged.

yeah, I would prefer natural borders too

kevinhayeswilson.com/redraw/
here's the site i'm using in case you guys want to make your own shit

May I ask the website you use to make those borders? They look clean and smooth.

>Can't wait to build a wall along the Sac/Placer county line
Never going to happen. Roseville/Rocklin is part of the Sacramento metroplex and would have to be ceded for Jefferson to ever exist.

Some of those counties wouldn't be in Jefferson. Not sure Deschutes county has made any efforts to join. No that I'm against them joining us or anything.

Roseville will of course be the capital. Many business and universities are building campuses in our fair city. Even the Sacramento FBI field office is in Roseville.

Nevermind, ignore my autism. I realize you posted the link there.

Sacramento is salvageable so long as all the liberals get the fuck out. It's SF that is lost.

bump for hope
living in norcal is nice except the being part of california part.

I want to be respected again, if we get our state Sup Forums will see how based we northern californians are.

Which is why I am saying there is no way Sacramento will let Roseville/Rocklin go. Jefferson needs to take sac county with it and the new capital for California needs to be in San Jose.

>dat land grab tho

Keep that hippie nonsense up north. The central valley & foothills are not yours.

If you want to see future posts and other events, I suggest checking out our new discord

It has only a few people, but is growing as time goes on.

Cirby way can be razed and a wall can take its place.

Hippie nonsense? I don't know about you, but Jefferson is FAR from a hippie movement.

El Dorado county reporting in

They can fuck off cause it's not in their county.

Welcome.

What brings you to the Jefferson train?

Rocklin/Roseville can definitely go without Sac. Fuck Sac. anyone who doesn't have their head shoved up their asses knows that Sac. is a pile of shit.

Sacramento is full of scum, we'll never get it to join jefferson. Roseville could join but thats really weird because its part of sacramento basically

My thoughts entirely.

Is redding worth moving to?

Where are you moving from, what are you looking for, and what is your budget?

It is extremely hot in the summers. Otherwise it's a nice city. Personally, I suggest a place like Auburn nestled in the trees and mountains. Or farther north to Shasta City.

I am living in the last refuge of white trash in the bumfuck of the San Burnaghetto as teeming masses of liberals and reactionary snowflakes amass in front of my eyes.

I would totaly fuck the tranny at my gym though. Heil Jefferson.

What would be the biggest city in terms of population if it became a state?

would the remaining parts of or/wa stay their own state, or unite?

I'm not disagreeing with you but borders need to be drawn along economic zones not prexisting lines. It will be non negotiable. You have any idea how many state employees live in placer county?

They would get pozzed and slowly die off, as they always wished to

I believe Roseville. If that doesn't come along, Redding would be next.

Roseville/Rocklin area I'd suggest. Unless you are looking for something else, like less people etc...

Placer will be crucial to the movement. And the majority of Placer wants to leave, even including the state employees.

Yeah. People can go ahead and move. A lot of people would leave their jobs (at least on the Law Enforcement side) for Jefferson. In terms of civil servants and state urchins, they'd just mozy over to Citrus Heights etc.

i see the signs everywhere when I drive through calaveras county I would move to el dorado county in a heart beat if it ever passed. Easy drive to work down 50

Feels bad for the coastal conservative communities up there.

(Northern) Michigan, Colorado, Wyoming, and the State of Jefferson are the only places I'd ever want to visit in the United States.
This leaf wishes you people all the best in the world. God bless you all.

conservative obviously. or rather, just fucking sane and logical. you know, the kind of people who are tired of the ridiculous bullshit of sacramento, san francisco and los angeles?

Well said leaf. Thanks for the support.

>
its all the san francisco faggots who temporarily moved there to grow massive amounts of weed using illegal mexican labor

Hold on OP. Are you saying an Oregon county has actually joined the SOJ effort? You got a cite proving it, or are you just dreaming?

its about time we subtracted ec votes from california for fucks sake they should not have that many

Come visit someday Leafbro. Thanks for the well wishes.

I'd love to visit Alberta, Ontario, and PEI/Neuf. at some point. Only seen BC and Ontario.

gold county would never join jefferson

They have been a part of the movement since the beginning in 1941. Over 75 years ago.

oh man, i just visited nevada city this january. gold county is fucking gorgeous. i would probably live in grass valley, desu, just because there is a bit more there, but i'm fucking jealous of you.
t. born and raised in the sfv wishing i lived up north

What?

I'm assuming you mean gold country not county as there is no gold county in the proposed state.

And that is where you're wrong. Placer/Calaveras/Tuolumne are some of the biggest supporters for the movement.

I'm sorry, I misspoke. I was in Nevada City and spent a week there, met a lot of locals (who may very well be transplants) and it was a very "fuck donald trump" environment. I saw a couple of signs advocating for the state of Jefferson, but even for the two days I was in Grass Valley, I was met with a lot of anti-DJT sentiments.

Agreed.

Ah I see what you mean. Nevada county is interesting in that the city center of Nevada City is very anti DJT. However, a majority of Nevada County is still very conservative and the areas outside the city are hardline Trump supporters. Even if the majority didnt support the movement itself (which is arguable), the county would still come along and separate with the rest.

Alberta is chill but there's a lot of /truckboys/. Ontario gets a bad wrap because of Toronto, but as long as you stay away from there it's a lovely place with amazing history and lots of tourism! Come check out our great lakes, we have lovely boat tour that takes you all around Lake Superior right here in my town. Really, it's a cruise, but we don't call it that.

The Maritimes are God's land, too pure to be corrupted by the hand of Man -- 'nuff said.

I can't wait to visit the US one day.

Oh. It's cool man. Was probably transplants. Or just people giving their opinion. Nevada county is the only county in the area that went blue in the last election.

Also, for the record, Placer county is one of the most conservative counties, per capita, in the US. Definitely in California. Idk about Calaveras and Tuolumne though.

Tuolumne and Calaveras are actually extremely conservative. Go to Calaveras constantly and have watched Tuolumne in the past three election cycles.

Said Ontario twice, meant to say Quebec. Haha. Been through parts Ontario. Barely stopped in Toronto as a detour on the way to Niagara.

It's been a while, going to have to go back at some point. Maybe I'll catch my Sharks on the road up there.

No. Unless something recent has changed, the Oregon counties have taken no part in the modern SOJ movement. It's been a strictly northern California affair unless you can show some proof.

I live in this area and I can guarantee it will never happen. It's a redneck wet dream.

There is still support in southern oregon and there have been counties added on since the original 1941 proposal in Oregon. I believe you need to get your facts straight.

To each their own. However, with support growing throughout the proposed state, it is not as far fetched as you may imagine.