lorettatheprole.org/2017/06/05/my-hometown-is-gone/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Only 920,000 people

New York has 19 million people living in it

>up to $125k/year
>New York
>middle class
Is that really middle class in NY??

Yeah, it's the same in Cali as well I've heard. It's absurd honestly.

Unless you have to leave the state because you can't find a job there thanks to the shit economy. Then you have to pay it all back.

> 920,000 middle class families

Last time I checked a family consisted of at least 3 individuals, or 2 for those single parents.

Can't wait to see NY and California crash and burn with all these programs

It's probably based on an estimate of current enrollment at SUNY schools.

Nah, CA isn't THAT insane -- except in San Fran.

I'm a shitskin bout to get me some free college. Moving to New York.

In western NY it's almost upper-middle.

>free for middle class

so why not the working class?

Where does the money come from?

They do free tuition at community college in Cali

it covers all classes up to $125,000

thin air

The printer. DUH!

Dont make so much questions goy,you dont want people getting educated?

ok guys be honest, how badly is this going to effect the job market? Working on Economics B.S. rn

>Attend a SUNY or CUNY two- or four-year degree program
>CUNY
Someone call Sup Forums they would surely enroll.

finally - a victory for people of color. So stoked about this. No matter how hard Trump tries, he'll always fail when people of color unite and fight for love

>Plan to live and work in New York following graduation for the length of time they participate in the scholarship program
Ew

Yeah, that's the drawback - after you finish your degree, we keep you trapped in this hellhole for like three years. If you move out you forfeit the tuition money.

Fucking racist

What do you think happens when they start printing degrees for everyone just to go to a few classes and EVERYONE passes? It'll be like high school diplomas, 95% of the people will have one. Then how will employers be able to weed out the candidates?

>not archiving cause this link deserves clicks
lorettatheprole.org/2017/06/05/my-hometown-is-gone/

So let me just summarize: the social worker at the school is Muslim, the administrator who ok’s homeschooling is Muslim, the CPS worker is Muslim, the nurse practitioner at the ER is Muslim, the doctor at the ER is Muslim. These are positions of authority that wield a lot of power.

Are you starting to get the picture?

The spring before we moved Utica made national news because of a federal grant to the local community college (two million dollars) for a (Muslim immigrant) professor to teach teenage (Muslim) refugees how to build drones.

Can confirm. Yes it is.

The candidates that bring their mom's to the job interview will likely be weeded out first.

/r/ing a NY State version of this pic

DELET THIS

It's one state so there is a lot of room for guessing, but one interpretation would be that Jew York is going to create a lot of competition in the workforce area for new hires so that graduates will flood the markets in different states and provide different effects on them. Most of them would probably be negative since skilled labor is not what is in demand.

Yeah, pull government funding and let the states and private industry figure it out for themselves. They obviously care enough to take care of it themselves, so let them.

>a victory for people of color
Niggers of all colors, always wants to do battle between races.

Education: It's not about what diploma you get - it's all about what problems you can solve with the knowledge.

(Hint: Literature history doesn't solve anything.)

oh, I forgot to mention the condition that they stay in the state the number of years they spent in college. That terms helps contain them a bit but hurt the graduates who didn't excel.

Thats what I'm worried about, I'm tempted to drop out of college and pick up a trade because I honestly hate college. Carpenters are in demand where I live, but I don't know if I want to be stuck in this state.

I'm sure there are no strings attached to this fine deal.

Skilled labor IS in demand if you're in the right field. Nursing and computer science.

>college tuition for everybody outside of New York will now skyrocket

Your college should be free for certain carrers and if theyget straight A

Why do you think every dumb barista job nowadays requires a 4-year degree?
Obviously, the education part is a subordinate aspect at best. University education is used as a signal of the underlying (hidden) ability of applicants. This seems to be necessary because the High School system does not convey effective grade signals anymore.
However that may be, what certainly will contribute to the inefficiency of the equilibrium is to shove every not clinically retarded person into college - the signal will not be worth anything anymore.
Thus, employers will have to resort to other measures - such as focussing on the name of the college you went to. Now you tell me who profits from this. Just look at all the smiling Ivy grads in the OP...

And they will stop coming. I want to see the expected costs. Supposedly 200k students will be eligible at $4000-6500 yearly tuition costs. This could cost NY one billion.

NY already had grants for middle class kids. You still pay for room and board. And you're required to live and work in NY for several years afterwards so you end up paying them back with 8% state taxes. If you move you have to pay it all back.

"Free" as in you pay for it one way or another. NY taxes are super high and NYC taxes are worse.

It's your call. There are no certainties about getting a job in any field, but choosing the easier to get into choice might be the smart option. That being said the interpretation is flawed and can certainly produce a myriad of different results. The result that the state is planning might be that New York will become the receiver of further investments. If that is the case things get more complicated.
I was making a generalization and there are obviously a few exceptions. I would say that be smart about the regional demand for your job more than the general market.

Forcing kids to stay in NY might have long term economic value for the state. Really though free tuition is bullshit when you pay super high state taxes living in NY.

And you can bet your sweet ass SUNY will hike room and board costs now.

>you can't give everyone free colle-
Um retard, this isn't free college. It's just a fucking scholarship. It's being paid for by taxes, which means everyone is still paying for their kids to go to fucking college.

God damn you libtards are fucking stupid!

My Uncle is the head of an IT department at a hospital, I was honestly hoping he could network me a job.

Just learn a fucking foreign language in highschool and become a TA

how hard is that for your average muritards to get

Once again it's your choice. It is nice having a specialized job on your resume even if the job doesn't turn out well, but it also sucks to have to work under a family member. Also, know that even if you finish a degree at a college you can still come back if you didn't like it.

>families have to make under $125k to qualify
>each parent in a household in the most expensive city in the US needs to make less than $65k each

Oh look, it's another one of "DEM PROGRAMZ" that white, two-parent households have to pay for but can't utilize for their own children.