George Carlin

What's your opinion on Carlin?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DzHVv_U6L-k
youtu.be/om8yYPjKO_4
youtu.be/83OILqFV1gw
youtu.be/FSW3KYeo2HY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Complaining to a captive audience about how idiotic everyone else is for an hour, and getting paid for it.
Stand up comedy is jewish degeneracy

He nailed it on political correctness though.

Watch this
youtube.com/watch?v=DzHVv_U6L-k

He smells very musty, currently

Not funny, fuck off.

Intelligent, Nihilistic and with a Wicked Sense of Humor

>carlin
Black-pilled. See one of the last short casual interviews he did at book signing.

He was an awful comedian, but a decent social commentator.

Find clips from when he was young. Comedians tend to be sharper and more brilliant when they are young. He was a fucking idiot. "I"m the Hippy Dippy Weather man!". It's cringe fucking city. "Greetings from radio station Wonderful Wino!".

The reason you probably can't find old clips of him, unlike the other decent comedians of the 60s is that he sucked.

overrated and cucked: watched part of 'you are all diseased' in which his unfunny, absurd rants about 'white people' could have been written y Samantha Bee.

He has some really great stuff but people always forget about the lazy liberalism and huge piles of unfunny preachy garbage he churned out.

Comics always seem to put him in the top 3, so there's that - but would they really claim hes even in the top ten in terms of funny?

Pryor might be more overrated than Carlin.

No one is more overrated than Lenny Bruce

>Comics always seem to put him in the top 3,

Comics have a bizarre way of rating each other. I can't remember any specifics, but guys I respected used to claim that they thought Albert Brooks was the funniest guy around.

In case you've never heard of Albert Brooks it's because he wasn't funny. He had a brother who was even worse, who had an act called Super Dave Osborne that could have been written by a six year old.

just because he said he wasn't part of the big club doesn't mean that statement was factual.

Go look who he spent his time with.

not saying it detracts from his message but I am saying he is not exacting on the problem like everything else he talks about.

makes me suspicious is all.

Not much for it though now since he is not with us any longer.

You don't have to try to be contrary all of the time pol. If you don't like Carlin then which stand up comics do you like? If you don't like stand up you probably shouldn't comment on Carlin.

Put the bong down.

maybe they are pranking you

He knew too much and ((they)) made sure to take this sincere human from us, rest in paradise Georgie.
F.

>maybe they are pranking you

I think that was the joke. He was so awful it turned into an inside joke to claim that he was actually funny on some obscure level that ordinary people couldn't relate to.

A great grumpy comedian who's just a tad too atheistic for my taste.

>A great grumpy comedian who's just a tad too atheistic for my taste.

Christian comedy is probably as horrible as Christian rock.

He makes some fun stuff through generalization, which is great way to win you over bunch of sheeps that can't think for themselves.

Isn't it ironic how a leftie rebel like Carlin would be considered right-wing neo nazi alt-right whatever by today's lefties? He would be kicked out of the campus by protestors if he had a show on any american university today.

On the one hand, he was a vitriolic atheist degenerate who endorsed a lot of cancerous viewpoints. On the other, he could be pretty perceptive about some of our current events. He could also be funny at times, but frankly I find him a bit overrated.

Like you?
Only you do it for free.

Overrated but had a decent insight on the bullshit of culture. Even he would hate SJWs but he'd still consider himself a feminist on account of "god has to be a woman because beauty". I doubt he'd bite back once stabbed in the back.

well he did say 'nigger' and have people laughing and also joke about rape
He must be nazi-hitler-satan in modern lefty views

humor evolves. I personally liked him

I'm a fan. Some humor doesn't age well, and that's okay. Yeah he was a lefty, but he was more than happy to make fun of his own side, and as someone else mentioned, can you imagine a lefty comedian making rape jokes these days?

You can't tell me what to do.

youtu.be/om8yYPjKO_4

youtu.be/83OILqFV1gw

>He was a fucking idiot. "I"m the Hippy Dippy Weather man!". It's cringe fucking city. "Greetings from radio station Wonderful Wino!".
that was cutting edge humor at that time, swhen nightclub comedians were Jack E Leonard and Charlie Manna.
And Carlin showed he was well on the way to growing out of that.
But he became dark and bitter in his last decade.
also left behind a lot of tax problems in his estate.

The only guy to ever tell the truth and not give a fuck if anyone's feels were hurt.

>I don't like it therefore it's Jewish

Lurk more faggot.

>Overatted and cucked

Much like your life you wish you had.

>dude society is bad lmao
He was such an edgelord.

Also don't forget the Comedy Concert stadium scene, which grew out of the Rock Concert scene, this allowed comics to break away from the nightclub circuit and be a LOT more experimental and edgy.

very angry

The goat comedian.
Saw him three times.
Last time a couple years tops before he died. Still had great material and the end, and it still stands up today.
Scathing observations about both sides of the political spectrum.
Undoubtedly, was very sad inside.
His dying thoughts were probably something very dark and negative about humanity.

>captive audience
Paid for the tickets and went out of their way to enjoy an evening of complaining about how idiotic everyone else is

Bpp

overrated, loved by stoners and people who just found out 9/11 was an inside job

He used the stage to peddle his opinions in an abrasive way and thought delivering all his lines like he was talking to a 5 year old made it funny. Normies ate it up because
> we're questioning the system maaaaaaaaaaaan

Stay dead forever, douche.

>Super Dave Osborne
Wow. Leafs thought they lived Super Dave down until now.

kek
underrated

Comics themselves are an odd bunch. Louis CK is funny on stage but if you ever take a look at what he likes, or that Zac Galaflakacklpiss, they laugh at some seriously weird cringey and disturbing shit.

holy shit, just realised that's the guy they based that rufus cartoon on

AND Krusty the clown from the animated sitcom "The Simpsons". Particularly when he endorses the Canyonaro SUV and changes his standup technique.

Meh tier it's just edgy i hate everyone everything crap
Lmao what a comeback how Will user recover

Funny when you are 16 years old

scruffy hippy. dead.

Nice flag

this
He's made a few good points over the years, but the majority of his schtick is just nonsensical degeneracy that sounds appealing to teenagers/20-somethings who value nothing.

His fanboys are the absolute worst.
>OMG the world is so bad now, we need George Carlin's wisdom back, he'd sort things out forsure
>he's down there now, screaming up at us XD

>ITT: people who literally can't take a joke but probably spend all their time telling other people to harden up

Hypocrite babies desu

the most boomer of comedians.

My dad/god/government is mean, time to smoke dope till i'm 60 and die alone in a hotel room. Extremely blue pill.

>as horrible as Christian rock

No.

youtu.be/FSW3KYeo2HY

Well he's not wrong, or is he?

Fighting has never solved any problems!
If you kill your enemies,they win!
amirite?

hes black pilled

Also, fuck team players!
Those guys are the worst!