The gun lobby is secretly trying to make cops' jobs harder and mass shootings deadlier

H.R. 367 is "reckless" and a "threat to public safety."

#resist

How many crimes have silencers actually been used in? They don't actually "do" anything, really, especially not in a civilian shooting case. Wow, a whole 10 decibels quieter? How ever will we even KNOW we are being shot?

>Be me
>Own suppressor
>Still double up on hearing protection
>Because its still fucking loud enough to cause hearing damage over time

Leftists get their information from the fucking movies it seems, do they really think suppressors turns a handguns sound into that of a BB gun?

>I've seen John Wick and know everything about guns now

Aren't suppressors for muzzle flash not actual noise reduction?

It was designed for people wanting to shoot guns in the city without pissing people off. A different time, a better time.

The do reduce noise, but not to the extent that movies and video games make them out to. It's still loud, but it helps reduce the risk of hearing damage (not eliminate) and that's the main reason why people want them. Plus SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

I'm no expert but probably both.

I think i clocked mine in dropping the DB by about 30~ or so. So what, 160 to 130 DB, so almost as loud as a jet taking off. Yeah I'm gonna still double up on hearing protection.

Yea thats some lefty bullshit....they think we are all stupid

>Latest Action: 02/06/2017 Referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations.
This is probably where it'll get a lot of resistance but I'm keeping my fingers crossed

Both and they do not lower the volume of a gun as much as in the movies where the lefties get most of the information about firearms. It's harder to pinpoint the origin of the sound and it's easy to mistake it for a lower caliber firearm, but that's about it.

This thing here is a bolt action .32 and it's renowned for how quiet it is (about 75db). Most firearms are way louder than that even when equipped with a suppressor. Handguns make sounds in the range of 120-160db and the suppressor only takes away around 20 to 40 desibels.

If Trump were to make OSHA a branch of the ATF suppressors would be mandatory safety equipment sold with every new firearm purchase.

They do suppress muzzle flash, but they exist, and are popular because they reduce the energy of the report. It protects the shooters ears, but in almost all cases does not make them "quiet."
Even a suppressed subsonic .22lr will have the same muzzle energy as a dish breaking, or someone clapping very loudly. SilencerCo on youtube has a series of videos where they tested this with some incredible equipment.

A suppressed gun shot is going to have a report somewhere around 140db. Unsuppressed they can exceed 160db at the muzzle. That equates to instant hearing damage for the shooter. Suppressors/silencers simply prevent this instantaneous hearing damage, though the shot is still incredibly loud.

Are liberals actually naive enough to believe that suppressors make guns go *pew* *pew* like in James Bond or something?

I believe they unironically believe this. I know leftists who think that the look of a rifle determines if it's a full-auto or semi. When I try to explain the differences I usually have a break through and they learn a bit.

That and they are stupid themselves. They get all their info about firearms from movies and video games, and think silencers make pistols go pew pew

Sounds like you're too young to remember when liberals believed Glocks were made entirely out of plastic and capable of defeating metal detectors. That urban legend even made it into one of the Die Hard films.

According to what metric would it making shootings deadlier?
What evidence is this article using?
Was studies point toward this?

None of the few mass shootings here in Finland used suppressors despite them being freely available to gun owners. They're only marketed to hunters so they don't lose their hearing.

are you kidding? if anything we need more education about firearms

fucking democrats and their class system

>Suppressors/silencers simply prevent this instantaneous hearing damage, though the shot is still incredibly loud.

yes but if you need a silenced shot you can build to get one, although the silencer will only work for a few rounds

>cuck needs a "study" for every straightforward decision in his life

Sad!

Hello there Ukrainian sharia blue poster

Can't don't break in anyway that you're alluding to. The lifespan of a suppressor in indefinite until the blast baffle at the muzzle is completely eroded away, or until a projectile hits a baffle.
If you want to further reduce muzzle report all you need to is make the can larger diameter and longer so as to give the gasses more time to decelerate. The drawback is in weight.

There is nothing in there to be broken. Suppressors don't use rubber swipes like in the 50s/60s.

Cans*

The man that invented the suppressor later adapted it to use on cars. Today, we know the suppressor as a muffler when it's on a car.

>muh silencer scare
Holy shit fucking kill those faggots already.

These are the same fags that support the idiots that show up to "protests" with airsoft guns. KEK.

If you wanted to shoot someone without noise you'd just use a crossbow.

Isn't it obvious?
With a silencer you can kill people in libraries without them noticing.

I'm a quarter deaf from shooting and always have good electronic ear pro. I have 2 cans ... so yes guns are loud

You can use a simple air filter for cars, just get the proper adapter which you can turn up in less than 30 minutes.

Copfag here.
I'm sure it's possible, but I don't see a huge market for threaded hi point barrels. I think I'll be fine.

>oil filter

The "gun lobby" is just a bunch of regular people that own guns. It's not some sinister group. It's regular people.

How much you want to bet that there was like 10 in that little protest?

Not to mention Jennings, Lorcin, Raven Arms, and a dozen other $50 piece of shit pocket pistols that niggers actually use in crime.

>play vidya
>think silencers make gunshots literally silent
>be real world
>turns out gunfire is REALLY FUCKING LOUD and a silencer only slightly muffles the very loud bang a gun makes when it's shot

sheeeeit

liberals want cops to shoot the gun out of the dindu's hand as he's firing at him instead of using deadly force. nobody can make a cops job harder than what liberals want

Guns are dangerous tho

No that might hurt his wrist, cops should shoot the bullets down midair and then gib an honorary doctorate, $1 million cash and the keys to the city to those courageous gud bois who dindu nuffin juss trynna get dey live bacc on tracc go to church erry sunday bout to be in da colege

Glad to see that liberals care so much about cops now. During the election cycle when they were celebrating BLM assassinating cops I was a little worried but I am so glad to see that they've seen the error of their ways and are bravely fighting for the safety of our boy's in blue.

If its a supersonic round, no shit. You need to shoot subsonics out of your can to get an idea of how quiet things can be.

lol unironically this

Kek good fucking point

i hear ya. I fucking hate guns. ban all semi auto guns.

How about cops stop being pussies worrying about their own safety, and start worrying about the peoples they claim to "serve and protect" freedoms?

>military put others freedoms over their safety
>cops put their safety over others freedoms

Go away

I thought the left didn't like cops?

Because in a mass shooting, people aren't going to be screaming and running after someone gets shot. Oh wait..

Even if silencers actually did silence, this wouldn't change mass shootings. lol

>I thought the left didn't like cops?

They like cops fine when they are enforcing SJW laws, but change their tune when some Dindu gets shot doing a robbery.

Insist on genuine Dead Nigger Storage.

>public safety risks
Oh fuck off. First off only faggots call them silencers. Secondly, it's still pretty damn audible even in the same building you are in, it's just now it can't be heard in the next county over.
Almost every mass shooter did not use a suppressor. Why would they? They know they're gonna die anyway, what's the point of trying to preserve their hearing?

Denying people silencers is bullshit. Hunters and home defense absolutely need them. Hunters cant wear hearing protection you need to hear what is around you. And home owners dont have the luxury. Plus if you fire off a weapon in the halls of your home you stand a good chance of losing your hearing.

There are 3 sounds when a gun fires.
The explosive report from the gasses
The projectile breaking the sound barrier
And the action of the gun cycling
A suppressor only stops one of these, the report. Use of subsonic Ammo can make it quite quiet but it's still not silent. I shot a 9mm Glock 19 with a decent van and it was damn quiet but it still made a good racket. But a lot of higher velocity Ammo is still gonna be loud as hell because you're not gonna slow down a 3300fps 5.56 round enough to stop the sonic boom. 300blk is ok for the AR platform and suppressors but I can't really speak to the pros and cons of making that change and how loud it actually is.

> bait this low quality

has the hydrogenated oil finally gotten your neurons burger?

Can* not van

Pretty sure this would get you in legal trouble though.

The reason suppressors were included in the NFA wasn't because of the silent assassin nonsense anyway. Nobody even knew about that trope in 1934 when the NFA was passed. It was still the silent movie era. Suppressors were restricted because during the great depression poor hunters would poach on private property with suppressed rifles so they could feed their families. You'd think the left would be upset with this, since it was born as an anti-poor law.

Tater Sniper is silent.

This. Liberals like to pretend NRA is some giant monied organization. Meanwhile every Union donates way more and the only weapon the NRA has is a shit load of people that vote to protect gun rights every election.

I'd rather have a loudener