Russian Cyber Hacks on U.S. Electoral System Far Wider Than Previously Known

Republicans and Democrats alike need to demand to know what Trump is going to do about this. Trump's silence on this matter speaks volumes.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-13/russian-breach-of-39-states-threatens-future-u-s-elections

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/paulroderickgregory/2017/05/23/there-remains-no-evidence-of-trump-russia-collusion/amp/
counterpunch.org/2017/03/31/the-russia-hacking-fiasco-no-evidence-required/
zerohedge.com/news/2017-05-08/watch-live-sally-yates-offers-testimony-russian-hacking-allegations
counterpunch
archive.is/pdMvJ
archive.is/6HpZg
youtube.com/watch?v=T65SwzHAbes
youtube.com/watch?v=GN0w9W8hq1I
youtube.com/watch?v=jscocNQQ6Pk
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

more bullshit. how many times you gonna try to start this thread, asshole, and why isnt the 95% of the media that is vociferously anti-Trump enough for you to troll?

faggot

google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/paulroderickgregory/2017/05/23/there-remains-no-evidence-of-trump-russia-collusion/amp/

counterpunch.org/2017/03/31/the-russia-hacking-fiasco-no-evidence-required/

zerohedge.com/news/2017-05-08/watch-live-sally-yates-offers-testimony-russian-hacking-allegations

fuck off ya cunt.

Please archive or screenshot

>counterpunch org/2017/03/31/the-russia-hacking-fiasco-no-evidence-required
archive.is/pdMvJ

all I hear is obummer saying there is no way to hack an election the week prior, playing on repeat in my head.

anyone else annoyed at how they STILL haven't defined what they mean by "meddling" or "hacking"?

for all we know, they could be defining "meddling" or "influencing the election" to be russian flags posting spicy memes on Sup Forums

you know i'm right

even hippies ain't buying this shit

Literally ignoring the fact that Wikileaks has now shown us that the CIA has the ability to hack things while making it look like someone else did it. Basically, they can commit a crime and plant someone else's fingerprints.

Tough on Cyber!

Again with this shit? How about releasing some evidence? That is how things usually progress. They got trump to go back on his dismantling of nato, got him to look like a neocon when he attacked syria and he's sucking saudi cock now so this russia thing will finally go away.

((((((((((bloomberg))))))))))

I'm so fuckin tired of this non-story. I would literally rather have the media fixated on race baiting than this repetitive shit.

Faggot go back to r/eddit!

saged

>that picture

Clearly a green-skinned Gondorian.

>In Illinois, investigators found evidence that cyber intruders tried to delete or alter voter data.The hackers accessed software designed to be used by poll workers on Election Day, and in at least one state accessed a campaign finance database.Details of the wave of attacks, in the summer and fall of 2016, were provided by three people with direct knowledge of the U.S. investigation into the matter.In all, the Russian hackers hit systems in a total of 39 states, one of them said.

>In early July 2016, a contractor who works two or three days a week at the state board of elections detected unauthorized data leaving the network, according to Ken Menzel, general counsel for the Illinois board of elections. The hackers had gained access to the state’s voter database, which contained information such as names, dates of birth, genders, driver’s licenses and partial Social Security numbers on 15 million people, half of whom were active voters. As many as 90,000 records were ultimately compromised.

>After the Obama administration transmitted its documents and Russia asked for more information, the hackers’ work continued. According to the leaked NSA document, hackers working for Russian military intelligence were trying to take over the computers of 122 local election officials just days before the Nov. 8 election.

archive.is/6HpZg

I'm ready to believe but I can't.

My guess is that this is the Ukrainian sharia blue poster.

Can't hack and alter data over a network if the system isn't even on a fucking network. FAKE NEWS

sage go back to r*ddit and kys

>'sauron is great'
>Not 'ash nazg gimbatol'
Missed opportunity

They already have an answer for that. Of course.

>Such operations need not change votes to be effective. In fact, the Obama administration believed that the Russians were possibly preparing to delete voter registration information or slow vote tallying in order to undermine confidence in the election. That effort went far beyond the carefully timed release of private communications by individuals and parties.

>One former senior U.S. official expressed concern that the Russians now have three years to build on their knowledge of U.S. voting systems before the next presidential election, and there is every reason to believe they will use what they have learned in future attacks.

Because they would have to admit Russia was just giving people information. Then they would have to clarify exactly what wasn't true.

So instead of just calling it all lies (which would only be a stopgap anyway), this is what they're doing.

I have a question. How exactly is a country with the GDP of Brazil supposed to hack into the US, which pays billions upon billions to their national security services? If I was president and the intelligence services told me the Russians hacked them, I'd fire everyone and replace them with competent people.

So what happened with Jill Stein's recounts?

:^)

Why would they even use something electronic for elections when paper ballots are impossible to tamper with on large scale without involving tons of people?

>Details of the wave of attacks, in the summer and fall of 2016, were provided by three people with direct knowledge of the U.S. investigation into the matter.I
What did they mean by this?

Also this

kek, the muh Russians meme is just laughable at this point. fucking idiots

>tfw you will never be a source with knowledge of America's thinking

Could this be the work of an enemy 「RUSSIAN」?

checked

Cheaper and (supposedly) more secure.

Notice how weasel-ey that sentence is. At first you might think all three sources verified each other independently, you know like journalists are supposed to do, but that's not what it says at all.

Wait, wait, wait... so the very same day that Trump tweets that AG Lynch protected Clinton, an article is published outlining that the Russian hackers were so much worse than originally thought. Such amazing timing!

We're not even allow to ID voters cause thats RAYCIS GOY.

And so vague! They hacked into... some sort of computer, somewhere, but no the voting machines themselves, which did something to effect the outcome of the votes, somehow, or something...

obama said the election couldnt be rigged tho

As a fellow based black man I agree

What kind of cucks have Americans raised?

40 years ago, at the mention of Russia, true patriots would be rioting for investigations. Now, Americucks praise Russia, deny meddling, or even worse, suggest it's for the best.

McCarthy is rolling in his grave

>But But!! Meh Anonimus Sowces!!! Teh fakt we havnt foound anythin prove we ned to kep loking!!
Get the fuck off this site and go back to your Tumblr safe space fag

kill yourself shill rat

Its funny how there is absolutely no evidence for any of this and the left keeps this lie going because they have lost the argument on most real issues

McCarthy was hero that went after communist jews. Not only that but the soviet archives proved him right. If he were alive today, he would do anything he could to arrest the communist "democrats".

>what Trump is going to do about this.

Of course, this is 100% Trump's problem and his solution is the only one that matters.

Do you faggots ever listen to yourselves?

>this is what you actually believe

test

>hacks on U.S. electoral system
literally not possible

I make jokes a lot about russia and communism but honestly FUCK RUSSIA. bunch of fucking no good vodka drinking communism loving asshats.

You know with this Russian shit, if it really happened, why didn't we do anything about this? What the fuck was the Obama administration doing? Why'd they let this through, considering how they were going on about how the election was unhackable and that results would just have to be accepted?

If anything, doesn't this prove that the Obama administration was doing jack shit and was probably letting all this hacking through on purpose?

Russian hackers is code for random individual hackers.

Look at what they have concluded so far.

The only actual tampering they have claimed is that online hackers have phished for the DNC's passwords (successfully) and that they spread anti-hillary information.

That's it. That's what they have constituted at hacking. They cried about losing. They cried for recounts. Now they cry for hackers because they can't admit they were losers.

Literally anyone could have "hacked" these idiots. It's a media campaign to make people believe hacking happened in the first place

The leftist media has reached peak 1984.

>they have lost the argument on most real issues

>build the wall
>lock her up
>REPEAL AND REPLACE
>I will release my tax returns, promise
>tax reform is coming, promise
>I will label China a currency manipulator
>I will install congressional term limits

Do you suffer from memory loss, dumb nigger?

>That idea would obsess the Obama White House throughout the summer and fall of 2016, outweighing worries over the DNC hack and private Democratic campaign emails given to Wikileaks and other outlets, according to one of the people familiar with those conversations. The Homeland Security Department dispatched special teams to help states strengthen their cyber defenses, and some states hired private security companies to augment those efforts.

>In many states, the extent of the Russian infiltration remains unclear. The federal government had no direct authority over state election systems, and some states offered limited cooperation. When then-DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson said last August that the department wanted to declare the systems as national critical infrastructure -- a designation that gives the federal government broader powers to intervene -- Republicans balked. Only after the election did the two sides eventually reach a deal to make the designation.

>While some inside the Obama administration pressed at the time to make the full scope of the Russian activity public, the White House was ultimately unwilling to risk public confidence in the election’s integrity,people familiar with those discussions said.

>he changed his opinion based upon new information
What a fag

>(((Bloomberg)))
Surely they wouldn't spew bullshit that isn't true

>pass a law mandating paper ballots and records to prevent future hacking

Keikaku doori

>PROOFS

He's doing just about as much as Obonghit.

More like:
>changed his opinion based on how to attack Trump

Trump's opponents too often stoop to dishonesty because they think that any means that ends in Trump getting impeached is worth it. They are fanatical and single minded in this goal, and morals and truth will not stop them.

>Michael Flynn was fired for no reason
>AG Jeff Sessions recused himself for no reason
>don't worry goy, there's all this smoke but no fire!

If you want to see examples of dishonesty, see

Other than CHYNA and Tax Returns he's done or is on the road to doing all of that.

IDGAF what he does with CHYNA as long as he doesn't go to war with them.

He had stayed silent because the hacked votes were in favor of Hillary not trump leaks have suggested as much.

Trump even now does not want to openly prosecute Hillary Clinton nobody wants to do that. It would be to Watergate esq even though she deserves to go to jail.

So yea. You niggers really REALLY don't want to know the truth about this election because if it ever gets out it will make you look much much worse.

Op please, do as the image and stfu

fuck off ukrainian faggot

>it's been 5 months and we aren't magically Great Again
Please do not ever vote again if you think Presidents can fix shit in 5 months, especially the president who has been impeded more than any other.

Seriously KYS

Here OP, have some of your favorites

Russians targeted around a thousand entities related to the election process including vendors who write software to tally votes. Don't let the shills tell you this is nothing.

>Russian military intelligence were trying to take over the computers of 122 local election officials
When you're in charge of hacking american nukes but they still use floppy disks so you hack elections instead out of boredom

No he hasn't, faggot.
The wall got a budget of a whopping $0
He said he isn't going to prosecute Killary
Trumpcare fell flat on its face after the GOP had 7 years to draft a replacement bill. No new details since.
He hasn't released his tax returns
No mention of congressional term limits since the campaign trail.

Why are leaves so fucking retarded?

So it's all a bunch of shit. They're just screaming "muh russians." They probably left a bunch of gaping holes so they could mess with results themselves.

>AG Jeff Sessions recused himself for no reason
wat

>impeded more than any other
Did you forget about Obama? He was the first president in history who didn't get to appoint a Supreme Court justice because of an obstructionist Senate.

Don't be a faggot. Trump has control of every single branch of the federal government, and every major piece of legislation has gone down in flames. We only have 15 months until midterms, and Trump has spent 5 months mired in scandal and failure.

This all the way. I actually came here to ask if ALL THIS WAS AS OBVIOUS TO Sup Forums as it is to my dumb ass.

It's the CIA, gentle anons.
>(((RusCIA)))
>(((RusCIA)))
>(((RusCIA)))
>(((RusCIA)))
>(((RusCIA)))

How about these stories? Why aren't they back in the headlines?

>daily caller
>story is rife with grammatical mistakes
>cites 0 sources
Journalism at its finest

No argument, I just grabbed a screenshot of the first that popped up. It was a major happening at the time though, and the point remains. Why the fuck would Homeland security try to hack Indiana and Georgia's voting systems?

Still pushing this shit i see, mr. 1_post_by_this_ID.
This time is gonna work

>spicy memes
Get the fuck out reddit

>A Donkey
>Literally labeling himself an ass
+1 for new flag system

Check out these three videos:

youtube.com/watch?v=T65SwzHAbes
youtube.com/watch?v=GN0w9W8hq1I
youtube.com/watch?v=jscocNQQ6Pk

These three videos were all made by the same animation team. You can tell if you study them closely. Pay close attention to similar animation styles and common dialogue elements.

The first two videos are Kremlin-financed propaganda, a fact which the videos openly admit. The third video is also Kremlin-financed propaganda, but it's aimed directly at alt-right Trump supporters.

Ask yourself this: why is the Kremlin hiring people to make propaganda videos for potential Trump supporters?

It REALLY makes you think.

If russians hacked the elections in favour of trump, there would be proof and trump would of been impeached by now.

There is no proof and he hasn't been impeached yet. It's all FAKE NEWS. Its also funny how its CNN who keeps pushing the (((RUSSIAN HACKERS))) agenda.

>cites 0 sources
>not an argument
Nigger you must be retarded. There's no evidence of hacking presented. You sound like one of those "muh russia" shills

>Trump has spent 5 months mired in scandal and failure.
manufactured by the media
why are you still in denial? It will only make you lose more.

BURN THE LEAF, BROTHERS, BEFORE IT GETS AWAY

>Ask yourself this: why is the Kremlin hiring people to make propaganda videos for potential Trump supporters?

Could it be because the Americans overthrew a friendly neighboring government and threatened to annex their buffer state into NATO and the EU?

Could it be that you're rallying behind a foolish policy that broke a peace you'd already won in favor a a less stable future?

Why would you do that?

FAKE
NEWS

I'm not a leaf.

close enough

I honestly believe they are gonna find anything and everything to either have a re vote. Or get him out of office. It's amazing how much Obama got away with, but trump can't even get 2 scoops of ice cream. We are witnessing the biggest temper tantrum in the history of mankind. I can't get enough of the tears.

I'm just presenting evidence that Russia interfered with our election. I'm not sure why you're grilling me on American foreign policy decisions that I didn't make. Nice deflection.

how do you know its a leaf? thanks to mods we cannot be certain anymore

Long game:
The only way to stop this is to have public voting records, then they can shame even more people into voting left. That's all this is.

It's not a deflection. How could the Russians not try to influence the election when the stakes were so high for them?

You're using their self-interested actions to deflect away from the real source of this which is your destabilizing policy.

Obama's term was literally Affirmative Action: The presidency

>still no evidence
>TWO SCOOPS REEE RUSSIANS REEEEE
All news corporations should be banned from talking about things that have no actual evidence, just flat out. They need a big disclaimer that fits atleast a quarter of the screen that states "This is an opinion, we have nothing to back up this opinion."

you lying sack of garbage. homeland security tried hacking into election servers of states that did not want the feds taking over thier election process. fact is Obama directed the hacking and a suit has been filed. liar liar code blue pussy.

>He said he isn't going to prosecute Killary
he said alot of different things
these types of actions must be taken with great care, not in the middle of an ongoing Russian collusion investigation

>The wall got a budget of a whopping $0
it CURRENTLY has $0

>Trumpcare fell flat on its face after the GOP had 7 years to draft a replacement bill. No new details since.
but more new deals to come

>He hasn't released his tax returns
don't care

>No mention of congressional term limits since the campaign trail.
literally not true, also it has support from a few normie neocons

Russian narrative won't die because then trump could work with Russia and they are afraid of That

Dems definitely don/t want public voting records, because then it would be harder for them to cheat. They already spend a lot of energy trying to oppose voter ID laws.

pretty much this

>bloomberg

(((bloomberg)))

>muh russians

Everyone knows it was obongo's cia trying to hack everything and making it look like muh russians