Americans have no culture and have not invented anything significant

It just occurred to me, that very few significant inventions were ever created by Americans and this is despite its massive population, resources and power. Even prominent American "inventors", such as Thomas Edison, stole all of his ideas from superior (non-American) scientists, such as Tesla and only did so to turn a profit. Sure, the internet and mobile phones were created by Americans, but these ideas were not entirely original.
Take Scotland for example; penicillin (one of the most important discoveries ever), television, the telephone and most importantly GTA were all created by Scottish people.
Even Ireland, a country which has been historically oppressed, has individuals, such as, Robert Boyle (the inventor of modern chemistry) and John Holland (who invented the modern submarine).
I don't even need to talk about English inventions -- there are just too many.
Are Americans just really fucking stupid or am I missing something?

As a Britfag I have a lot of disdain America, but you can't just casually dismiss the internet. Obviously the world wide web is a British invention, but it kind of relies on the internet a bit.

pretty ignorant, wonder why he hides his flag?

Lmao the first large scale free market in history is responsible for every important invention since 1776 get the fuck out of here commie

useful programming languages other then machine language - first assembler then higher level languages like fortran

and like 1 million more things

>but these ideas were not entirely origina
You don't say so! I guess other nationalities invented everything from scratch. I mean come on. Americans do claim many things done by Europeans who came there for various resaons including refuge but it doesn't make real American inverntions any less important. Calm your butt, mate, you have some complexes.

By that logic, Greece gets credit for all the world's inventions, because they invented science, and without it we would have gotten nowhere

Of course we stand on the shoulders of giants, but we took that knowledge and put a man on the fucking moon. Meanwhile, all europe does is not work and get killed by muslims

I adore american food ideas.

Americans invented one good thing that all appreciate. A way to screw over anyone weaker or poorer lawfully. God bless the USA

Guys I got a great idea. Instead of spending our time trying to create new things that better the life of people and move society forward. Let's argue about who made what.

Not ignorant and I was just testing out the flag thing
God, you are fucking stupid.

Why does nationalism exist in America?
You are a bunch of fucking idiots.

Culture - Hot dogs, pizza pies, hamburgers, polancic tenderloins, corn dogs, western/jazz music.
Only one invention really matters- The Nuclear Bomb.

Americans are to white people what Indians are to Asians.

Mobile phone
Acrylic paint
Cat litter
Video games
Cable television
Atomic clock
Credit card
Leaf blower
Disposable diaper
Cooler
Wetsuit
Golf cart
Polio vaccine
Barcode
Automatic sliding doors
Hard disk drive
Videotape
Laser
Weather satellite
Kevlar
Compact disc
Airbag
Laser printer
Smoke detector
Mousepad
Wireless local area network
Personal computer
Microprocessor
Heimlich maneuver
Digital camera
Ethernet
Magnetic resonance imaging
Internet
Blogging
Global Positioning System
JavaScript

>He thinks Americans invented the nuclear bomb

Morse code
Threshing machine
Toilet paper (rolled)
Escalator
Ratchet wrench
Breakfast cereal
Roller skates (four-wheeled)
Urinal (restroom version)
Motorcycle
Clothes hanger
Fire hydrant
Chewing gum
Pipe wrench
Cream cheese
Diner
Jeans
Airbrush
Tattoo machine
Thermostat
Machine gun
Skyscraper
Telephone directory
Revolving door
Paper towel
Ferris wheel
Gas operated reloading
Tesla coil
Radio
Jackhammer
Flashlight
Airplane
Windshield wipers
Automatic transmission
AC power plugs and sockets
Fly swatter
Muffler
Headset
Autopilot
Traffic cone
Fortune cookie
Supermarket
Pop-up toaster
Flowchart
Adhesive bandage
Power steering
Jukebox
Ice cube tray
Bubble gum
Electric razor
Air traffic control
Sunglasses
Frozen food
Electric guitar
Tape dispenser
Nylon
Teflon
Soft serve ice cream
Deodorant
Napalm
Microwave oven
Cruise control

Most of what you have just listed are improvements of previous inventions and some of what you have listed are just the same thing (internet, blogging etc.)
>Disposable diaper
241 years, lads, and this is all you have to show for it, congratulations.

Information Theory

Mate, SIGNIFICANT inventions! Stop listing all of this trivial shit, even fucking Africans have invented shit like this.

>Fly swatter
Checkmate, I guess Americans ARE intelligent.
>Tesla coil
AMERICAN inventors, dumb dumb! NOT Serbian inventors.

White Americans are WORSE than niggers.

Y'all brits are pathetically dense.

Define significant. You mean like the internet, antibiotics, sewage, automobile, airplane, telephone. Well we at least did the internet. What did England invent that's significant? England has no significant inventions, britbongs have no culture.

Africans have not invented shit you fucking sandnigger. These are all significant inventions.

Ethernet (Bob Metcalfe) Mouse, GUI (Xerox PARC)

You're missing about a century because you're retarded.

BRB, retrieving my sides from the moon in a space shuttle.

fake news thread

A-bomb.

One American invented more things than the entire nigger race: Thomas Edison. The lightbulb, movies, audio recordings, and even the vacuum tube, the great-great-great grandfather of computers.

So, one man started 4 major industries that still exist today. Top that niggers, jews.

World wide web was invented by an English engineer. Everything else you just wrote is silly and you know it.
Aw, did I hurt your feelings? I am sorry.
Maybe in a few hundred years, you may contribute to humanity, too!

Acting like Europe has created anything important in the past five decades

>Thomas Edison invented the light bulb.
I would insult you, but I would feel bad if I did.

>People are repeatedly listing inventions that objectively change the way we live, making it significantly easier
>I know I'll just dismiss them and move the goalpost every time I'm proven wrong

Go choke on a crumpet.

>Acting like America has.
Top kek.

>deus vult fag
please kill yourself.

That's funny coming from inbred island

Tim Berners-Lee's team at CERN just implemented a system originally conceived, in the 1930s by American engineer Vannevar Bush. By his own admission.

How about you stop being a faggot and you list some things?

>Toilet paper (rolled)
>Fortune cookie

Thanks for that ONE significant thing somebody invented (with the help of other people around the world).
ha ha! SO ORIGINAL, MAN! Although, I think I'd rather be from inbred land, than stupid.

*machine guns u from my skyscraper*

kek

SIGNIFICANT.
You just listed a trivial add-on to something that an American created. You're worse than a bigger just trying to ride off other people's creations thinking you're half a shit.

Silicon transistor.

/thread. We are all nothing without them.

Based Eli Whitney invented the cotton gin, which basically created King Cotton and made plantation slavery more economically feasible as a system. It also likely prolonged African slavery in the Southern States.

Did anyone have a working one before America you snaggle toothed fuck?

>doesn't know what trivial means.
God bless him.

I actually feel bad for creating this thread, I just realised that an American invented the Hamburger, which I am quite fond of. Insulting an American is like insulting somebody with down syndrome, it's just mean! It is not their fault for being stupid, they were just born that way.

Einstein did. He invented it in a shed on his father's Tasmanian brewery.

Just because an American created one, doesn't mean he invented it, dumb dumb.

Go shoot up an elementary school, you wank stain.

Bullshit. Europe was many decades behind America until relatively recent times. They might have had some great scientists but they failed to use them as well as America did:

>in 1950 the level of labor productivity in western Europe was only half that in the United States...In fact, it has been claimed that the percentage of the French population having access to electricity and an automobile in 1948 was roughly equal to that of the United States in 1912.

>...the London Crystal Palace exhibition of 1851, when British and foreign observers were shocked and impresse... by the advanced tools displayed by the Americans...

>...when the displays were erected it came as something of a surprise that the American section was an outpost of wizardry and wonder. Nearly all the American machines did things that the world earnestly wished machines to do—stamp out nails, cut stone, mold candles—but with a neatness, dispatch, and tireless reliability that left other nations blinking... Cyrus McCormick displayed a reaper that could do the work of 40 men... Most exciting of all was Samuel Colt’s repeat-action revolver, which was not only marvelously lethal but made from interchangeable parts, a method of manufacture so distinctive that it became known as the American system.

European observers in the US constantly remarked at just how much better off average people were than their European counterparts. America was adopting new technologies much faster and wider than Europe.

Topkek

The best invention.

>don't even realise he's insulting him

...which wasn't invented by an American

Stfu bitch you are just mad that the USA is what The UK want to turn out to be, but a bunch of farmers and civilians kicked you out of the US; bitch.

Get hit by a car

Go suck Muhammad dick britbitch.

Believe me, we DON'T want to be the USA. NO THANK YOU. PLEASE GOD NO.

Yeah, you just want a 1984 esque society.

Reminder

Post inventions for UK then.

>>in 1950 the level of labor productivity in western Europe was only half that in the United States...In fact, it has been claimed that the percentage of the French population having access to electricity and an automobile in 1948 was roughly equal to that of the United States in 1912.

I feel I should point out that part of a world war was fought on one continent and not the other so this statistic is hardly surprising

No, you retard. You degenerates aren't even worth replying to.

Poor tiny Brit brain can't understand context.
We listed a hundreds of things that we invented that changed humanumity. And you called it trivial.
And all you can do is mention one little add on that your country contributed and I suppose you think it's not trivial.
At least I'm not so pathetic I can admit other country's have made great inventions.
All England has every done is try to control and take credit for everything else.
You've contributed nothing.
Anyhow, I've been to England, I did not leave with any sort of impression of British intelagence. Just idiotic easy wemon, wannabe thugs, drunken fools and stuburn fatasses that can't even speak proper English.

>focus on fly swatter and tesla coil
>miss radio and polio vaccine
Americans also invented the fucking car and plane lmao combustion engine steam engine...Just off the top of my head

You haven't posted a single worthwhile thing, in all honesty kill yourself user.

Says Americans didn't really invent anything important but America was the first ones to land people on the moon.

This is a very ignorant thing to say. America has culture (everywhere has culture), and many innovations. If you don't like America, fine, but try not to be so ignorant. Just say "I hate America. They are ____, ____, ____ (and I'm also a bit jealous of them)."

U wot m(7+1)???

You listed a hundreds of things that changed humnaunity

>Hot Dog Culture
Speed Eating?

literally invented the monitor your fatass is staring at right now.

Two words: space travel.

I don't like it when they keep saying:
"America is number 1"
"America is the greatest country on earth"

What they're basically saying is the rest of us are shit :'( And they wonder why we're so OBSESSED.

>food ideas
Its literally just "put cheese on it"

I didn't say that though.
That's just a childish attempt to make me look bad. Try harder, you brits are suppose to be witty.

Took you quite a long time to write that out, then again, 24 minutes to write 1 paragraph is pretty impressive for a retard.
And, I do believe the internet is an impressive invention (which was worked on by multiple people from around the world).

>"stuburn fatasses that can't even speak proper English."
Mate, you can't even spell stubborn

german-american-engineering > everything else

Lol, no I was talking about the other dude not you.

Wew lad, you're VERY intelligent and TOTALLY well adjusted.

"We". I said we as in more than one in conjunction with each other.
In this context I mean Americans.
I did not convey meaning that I personally.

True but the point is America was ahead even before the wars setback Europe even further. Some more quotes from that great book:

>living conditions for a substantial share of Americans living in small towns and rural areas were actually much better than in Europe. The dismal urban conditions applied only to certain large eastern cities and may have been better than the standard among the lower classes in European cities of similar size.

>Even in 1870, Americans ate relatively well compared to Europeans. Available data for 1870 estimate a total of 3,029 daily calories per capita in the United States, as compared to about 2,500 in the UK for the same period. A Swedish immigrant is recorded as exclaiming that “even the greatest gourmet” in his native Sweden “would be amazed” at the bountiful supply and variety of foods in America. The English novelist Anthony Trollope “found the United States to be one of the few countries in the world where meat was eaten two or three times daily.”

>The telephone was a uniquely American innovation. Not only was it invented in the United States, albeit by a transplanted Scotsman, but also its spread and usage far exceeded that in other countries. The number of telephones per person in 1900 was four times more than in England, six times more than in Germany, and twenty times more than in France. There were as many telephones in New York state as in all Europe.

The only worthless thing the UK invented was America.

This

cars you British nig

Then why did you reply that to me?

Yeah the country with the strongest military in history.

God, you're really stupid. Like, even for an American. You make everyone in this thread look smart.

It is unfair to compare USA inventions to singular european countries, either do it on a state basis or
USA vs EU.

Stop giving this bitter fuck attention.

with german invented rockets

I was just agreeing with you, I should have worded that better; I'm using a tablet and it's kind of hard to type.

The car was invented by a German. Americans have invented so little, that you have now resorted to stealing other people's inventions. This is kind of like how some black people claim to be Egyptian.
WE WUZ CAR MAKERZ N SHIETTT

O shit watch out!!!

OP is merely a faggot. This would have been a slide thread, but 4chins mods are trying to kill the Sup Forums so this piece of shit worthless thread will survive.

Think for a second before replying, you dunce.

The internet isn't that impressive. But the world wide web, God save the queen. Best invetion ever. Because only invention ever. You brits are retarded. Enjoy you're cutural enrichment. Watch out for trucks and brown people.

The Uk is the EU's bitch

>american is a race

You still majority English ye?

That other guy just insulted you and you let it slide, you pathetic little prick.
No, I just admitted it was impressive, you dumb cunt. And, I mean YOU are especially dumb (as I previously stated)