Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YtYdjbpBk6A
vdare.com/articles/irca-redux
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm_Owners_Protection_Act#Ban_on_new_machine_guns
youtube.com/watch?v=qXBswFfh6AY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976_Republican_National_Convention
youtube.com/watch?v=htw1w8lYQdQ
law.cornell.edu/constitution/articleiv
telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/12061787/Intelligence-genes-discovered-by-scientists.html
youtube.com/watch?v=MlZ-JUvWkas
heritage.org/taxes/commentary/reagans-tax-cutting-legacy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

America would still be American

STOP ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS

We would be in so much better shape.

We'd be 100 times better off than we are now.

maybe this wouldnt have happened

tfw even hillary was a Goldwater grill

No Hart-Cellar Act, no inner city welfare plantations from the not-so-Great Society, this would be a completely different country.

The 60s was when the rot really set in. All of the infrastructure was put in place. Johnson was bar-none, the most destructive president in US history.

God Emperor Reagan brought us an era of economic prosperity and traditionalism, but he was unable to really change the trajectory on account of Democrat control of Congress. He did what he could though.

Then the globalist Bushes took over the GOP and brought the GOP, and America, nothing but cancer. H.W. Bush increased immigration by 40% and dropped English language requirements. We were enriched with ten million immigrants in the nineties alone thanks to Daddy Bush.

>no Vietnam
>no integration
>no great nignog welfare program
>possible racewar

sounds awesome tb-h

Nice try cuckservative shill. Reagan fucked us over with (((neoliberalism))) and his amnesty which flooded us with muh natural conservative hispanics.

>muh Raygun

he was a globalist amnesty faggot who single handedly turned California permanently Blue, outsourced every job possible to China, and began the deregulation on wall street that ultimately made securities fraud legal.

I have no idea why boomercucks worship him

>gave Boomers not one but three massive economic crashes for them to cash in on

If Reagan had made you substantially wealthier at the expense of your (grand)children, you'd be pretty pleased with him too.

Please provide source for quote

Reagan called amnesty the biggest regret of his presidency, and he was tricked, as the border enforcement measures weren't enforced. It was sold to him and the American people as solving the problem for good. He deeply regretted it.

His presidency was on the whole extremely positive, but his mistake was a giant one. Reagan set off the economic boom that Clinton rode in on. The 80s/90s were the period of the greatest economic prosperity in US history. We had quarters of triple-digit GDP growth under Reagan. He also presided over a period of cultural stability and traditionalism, and unparalleled US prestige around the world.

Reagan makes every one of his successors, save for Trump, look like complete beta cucks.
youtube.com/watch?v=YtYdjbpBk6A

Reagan passed amnesty because the Democrat Congress they would secure the border in exchange. They never did.

Regardless, what Reagan did would not have been possible without LBJ, who couldn't have done what he did without FDR rewriting the Constitution, which was a continuation of the Progressive Presidents attitude towards the role of the executive, which began with the unconstitutional actions of Lincoln during the Civil War.

Fuck Abraham Lincoln.

And he banned assault weapons

Other than endless consumer debt, Mexicans, and chipping away at the 2nd amendment, boy Reagan sure was great.

I think we're at 4

S&L bubble
Dot Com bubble
Sub Prime Bubble
Current stock bubble

you can find it sourced literally everywhere

I didn't go by bubbles, but by crashes. This one ain't popped, yet.

You got me, LBJ wasn't a racist. This was all I could find.

You would be going through reading this on a base on Io.

Probably would have re-segregated the drinking fountains and probably would have escalated the war in Vietnam at a faster pace than LBJ.

Goldwater wasn't a racist. He objected to the CRA '64 on procedural grounds believing the federal government had no constitutional authority to regulate private institutions within state borders on who they could discriminate against. ( He was right. )

>And he banned assault weapons
Not true, he only banned assault rifles. He was in favor of it but don't say things that aren't true.

>He also presided over a period of cultural stability and traditionalism
kek

Increasing hedonism, individualism, social alienation, divorce, atheism, community breakdown, and degeneracy are traditional? I guess California has been a red state all along and we just didn't know it.

His eligibility would have been challenged at the Supreme Court. The case was already pending before them.

>because the Democrat Congress they would secure the border in exchange
>trusting Democrats

that just proves what a senile retard he was

>wahh muh Lincoln

at least Lincoln wanted to deport the blacks back to Africa. Reagan imported the Mexicans to America

>he was tricked,

Wrong. He honestly believed the old, trite, Hispanics are le natural conservatives bullshit.

>Reagan set off the economic boom that Clinton rode in on

Uh, not really. Clinton just created another debt bubble after the economy crashed in the early 90s due to the oil shock. Under Clinton Alan Greenspan filled the economy with shitloads of consumer debt in a gigantic stock bubble that didn't crash until after 2000

Reagan created a debt bubble in the 80s. But there was nothing positive about it.

True

We have to wait until the FED raises interest rates, and that's literally never going to happen until they have no other choice.

By he banned, of course, you mean the Democrats in Congress did and he signed it because the benefits of reigning in the excesses of the Gun Control Act and the ATF were worthwhile. The NRA supported the machine gun ban.

>muh states rights

Blacks were getting lynched and their churches were being bombed. Something had to be done.

And Goldwater was almost certainly a racist, though admittedly probably not much more so than most other politicians at the time.

If you want to believe Reagan would've vetoed the Hughes Amendment on its own, then sure. But he supported the 94 AWB so it's more reasonable to believe otherwise.

>inb4 alzheimers

>The NRA supported the machine gun ban.

>Let's obey the Constitution until we don't want to.

Fuck off. States don't have rights. Only delegated power. Who gives a fuck whose churches were getting bombed? An overpowered central government is a way more serious threat to EVERYONE in the long term than a bunch of rednecks in Alabama.

"As for border security itself, funding for the Border Patrol did not increase until well into the 1990s. Not surprisingly, even the New York Times was reporting within a few years of IRCA that the '1986 Amnesty Law Is Seen As Failing To Slow Alien Tide.' [By Roberto Suro, June 18, 1989] (Ah, for the days when theGray Lady was so forthright with language! But remember, it editorialized against amnesty as late as 2000).

Furthermore, as could have been predicted, IRCA actually spurred the growth of the Treason Lobby at home. The federal government created 'qualified designated entities' to help illegals fill out their applications. As you might imagine, these organizations (and the philanthropic dollars they received) quickly changed their focus from helping illegals obtain legalization to becoming 'defense networks' for criminal aliens.

This was a critical step in the transformation of rhetoric coming from immigration advocates: promises of patriotism and assimilation have been replaced by angry demands and threats directed at the 'racist' United States.

As the behind the scenes lobbying of Schumer, Panetta, and others show, none of this was an accident.IRCA was designed to fail. Immigration patriots need to understand what Conservatism Inc. and the lefty-libertarians refuse to see—mass immigration is not a failure of the state, it is deliberate state policy."
vdare.com/articles/irca-redux

Reagan was a good guy, and he loved America and wanted to do a good job, and he did, but he got jewed by Schumer & co. on the amnesty bill.

With regard to the debt, Reagan had to work with the Democrat Congress. Either he could get the tax and regulatory cuts to spur the economy, or nothing at all. He chose the former. Under a conservative Republican Congress, it would have been a different story. And note I use the word "conservative," as in Barry Goldwater, Pat Buchanan, and Ronald Reagan, not as in Conservatism Inc./cuckservatism/Bushism.

Who cares? He still did his part in banning guns

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm_Owners_Protection_Act#Ban_on_new_machine_guns

>Blacks were getting lynched

Not in the 60s

By the 60s the blacks were doing most of the violence, like when they burned down Detroit for shutting down an unlicensed bar.

Or when they burned down New Jersey

>And Goldwater was almost certainly a racist
So?
>Blacks were getting lynched and their churches were being bombed. Something had to be done
Yes, because they had been (((organized))) by agitators and were getting uppity.

Very good summary.

Oh look, the (((shills))) come out of the woodworks.

No doubt Raygun made some mistakes but his overall presidency is a resounding success, especially when you compare it to the depths America had sunk to under Carter.

>Who cares? He still did his part in banning guns
I stated that. But when you spread incorrect info on gun related topics you're no better than Carolyn "shoulder thing that goes up" McCarthy.

>Let's obey the Constitution until we don't want to.

I mean, why not? The Constitution was a product of a specific time and place and therefore can't possibly live up to the expectation of being universally applicable across all scenarios.

>An overpowered central government is a way more serious threat to EVERYONE in the long term than a bunch of rednecks in Alabama.

I don't know, man. I think the black people in Alabama are probably pretty happy that they can piss where they want and date a white girl without getting beaten to death and thrown in a river.

Lincoln wouldn't have been possible if not for Hamilton and his Federalist Constitution shitting all over the Articles of Confederation setting up his vision for an industrialized America. Stupid Whigs thinking a piece of paper can enforce itself. The Whigs wouldn't have been running around shitting on everything with their protestant/leftist revolutions if the British Civil War hadn't ended in defeat for the Stuart Dynasty.

Fuck Martin Luther.

I think the black people are pretty unhappy that they're stuck in perpetual poverty and discontent, but God forbid we bring back such regressive, Jim Crow era constructs like the Black family and Black employment!

>I think the black people in Alabama are probably pretty happy that they can piss where they want and date a white girl
I bet that gives you a huge boner doesn't it, cuck?

Reagan also campaigned heavily for Goldwater.
youtube.com/watch?v=qXBswFfh6AY
He also ran in 1976 as a challenger to Ford he lost by ~5%
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976_Republican_National_Convention
>Goldwater gets in '68
>He gets reeelcted in '72
>He has Reagan in the White House
>Reagan runs in '76 and wins
>Reelected in '80
Imagine what today would be like.

>Not in the 60s.

Bullshit. The investigation of the three activists who were killed turned up numerous unidentified lynching victims.

>By the 60s the blacks were doing most of the violence

Don't think blacks were launching organized bombing campaigns against whites, but my memory just must be mistaken.

> the '1986 Amnesty Law Is Seen As Failing To Slow Alien Tide.

I'm sorry, how is that helping your argument that Reagan wasn't shit?

>.IRCA was designed to fail. Immigration patriots need to understand what Conservatism Inc. and the lefty-libertarians refuse to see—mass immigration is not a failure of the state, it is deliberate state policy."

And Reagan was part of Conservatism Inc. whether or not VDARE wants to admit it.

>Reagan was a good guy,
*goy

>Either he could get the tax and regulatory cuts to spur the economy, or nothing at all.

He didn't cut taxes, he just cut income taxes while raising social security taxes and pay roll taxes. Even basic bitch libertarians like Rothbard understood that.

This resulted in higher taxes on workers and little else. His deregulation of wall street did nothing but allow wall street to commit mass financial fraud.

Nixon was also on /teamgoldwater/

Alas, the damage of the Great Society was irreversible. I think the only true law in politics is that once a benefit has been signed, there is no turning back.

Immigration reform would have been passed at some point anyway.

I mean, why not? The Constitution was a product of a specific time and place and therefore can't possibly live up to the expectation of being universally applicable across all scenarios.

Yes, that's true. Man's lust for power as the central concern for the structure of the Constitution is no longer an aspect of human nature.

>I don't know, man. I think the black people in Alabama are probably pretty happy that they can piss where they want and date a white girl without getting beaten to death and thrown in a river.

I don't understand the logic in thinking that higher, and less accountable, levels of government are somehow more virtuous than those closest to the people over whom they directly govern.

It'd be a white man's paradise

what if based nip didn't shank this commie faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=htw1w8lYQdQ

Correlation doesn't equal causation and you fucking know it.

Black unemployment/poverty has nothing to do with desegregation.

Not really. Black girls can be pretty sexy, though.

No, not necessarily. The huge legislative sweeps were passed only in the mid to late 60s, when the nation was embroiled in a sort of cultural revolution. Once this cultural revolution ended there wasn't much legislating as there had been under LBJ.

LBJ being president at that moment was critical. If Goldwater was president he could've weathered the storm.

>hating on Jew-hating Martin Luther

he supported banning "assault weapons" AND he banned machine guns

the more you look into it, the worse Reagan was.

>isolated murders vs mobs of thousands of blacks burning down and looting entire cities for fun

nice selective memory

>Yes, that's true. Man's lust for power as the central concern for the structure of the Constitution is no longer an aspect of human nature.

Human nature doesn't exist and the centralization of power can be a good or a bad thing depending on the specific context.

>I don't understand the logic in thinking that higher, and less accountable, levels of government are somehow more virtuous than those closest to the people over whom they directly govern.

When those local governments are run by white supremacists, it might be a good idea to get a higher, more impartial authority in there to help sort things out. Generally speaking.

>Black unemployment/poverty has nothing to do with desegregation
No, but it has everything to do with welfare and the cultural decay that followed, aided in large part by the militant attitude that had been bred into them. If whites hadn't cucked out and had cracked down on niggers and their masters, blacks would be better off today.

Those riots wouldn't have happened if black people weren't legally, socially, and ethically being treated as second-class human beings.

You can't look at these things in a vacuum. Everything happens in the frame of a bigger, more comprehensive system.

Yeah, we both agree that he was a gun banning cuckservative. Don't forget about the Mulford Act either.

We wouldn't be naming scandals "something-gate".

The Welfare State was a necessity.

Believe me, if the powers that be could have gotten away with dismantling welfare they WOULD have (and ultimately did under Reagan.)

>If whites hadn't cucked out and had cracked down on niggers and their masters, blacks would be better off today.

>slavery is better than poverty

Nigga what

No one treats blacks like subhumans more than blacks. It is not as though whites took a proud and developed people and laid them low.

>No one treats blacks like subhumans more than blacks.

This is just patently false.

Read what civil rights leaders, black churches, and the Black Panther Party were saying about their fellow African Americans. Then read what white senators, KKK leaders, and evangelists were saying about blacks. The difference was night and day.

It has more to do with their low genetic IQ and inability to contain their violent savagery.

Most of the cities the blacks burned down were in the north where there was no segregation and there already was black political representation.

The riots were a show of force/conquest used to chase out whites and cause "white flight" which is, today called "racist".

Today blacks rule the urban centers in America and whites who travel around urban centers on foot do so at their own risk.

Too white

Every first world nation has been massively cucked by immigration. Why would the US have been any different just because one globalist failed to get into office? There's always another globalist around the corner.

>not supporting what would've been our first Jew president
Reported for anti-Semitic hate speech, you nigger.

>It has more to do with their low genetic IQ and inability to contain their violent savagery.

As Molyneux would say, "Not an argument."

>Most of the cities the blacks burned down were in the north where there was no segregation and there already was black political representation.

Because blacks in the North have no opinion about how blacks in the South are being treated and the North didn't have plenty of its own race problems. Are you even listening to yourself, user?

The Constitution doesn't say that the states don't have a right to secede.

It does say that powers not specifically delegated to the federal government are delegated to the states or to the people.

The US would be 85% white today.

>they can't lick our dick
Holy hell I want one.

Read Article 4 again

Agreed, nothing even coming close to the Hart-Cellar Act would have been signed by a Republican president, or at least a non-Bush Republican president.

There's a great case that can be made that Nixon was robbed by the Democrat machine in 1960, there being evidence of voter fraud in Chicago/Cook County and Texas. Nixon believed the election had been stolen from him, but he didn't proceed with anything because he didn't want to tear the country apart.

If Nixon won in 1960, we would have been able to weather the 60s storm was well, but I would have trusted Goldwater over Nixon. Nixon ended up being a centrist mush when he became president, expanding the federal government, taking us off the gold standard; Nixon was only good on foreign policy and on the cultural front, being a sort of effective antithesis to the hippy New Left libshits.

If you would bother reading the article, it clearly makes the case that Reagan and the American people were sold a bill of goods. Even the New York Times was bewildered. Reagan was the real deal. Either it was a legitimate assassination attempt by the system, or it was a warning, with Hinckley in 1981.

And you're wrong on taxes. They were as a net, massively cut, and finally indexed for inflation. And libertarian puritans like (((Rothbard))), who believe in buying and selling children? Not my kind of "conservatism," pal.

Reagan's tax and regulatory cuts made for a far more efficient economy, a fact borne out in the actual numbers, objective data, and is one of the reasons why even the libshit academicians have to hold their nose as they're forced to rank him among the greatest presidents of all time, with an objective regard to the facts, as much as they hate doing so.

Average blacks treat other blacks like animals

90% of black murders are by other blacks

Look at the lifestyle in 100% black ghettos. No one frces blacks to kill each other, they just do it for fun

It is an argument, unless you deny evolution.

>North didn't have plenty of its own race problems

Mostly caused by blacks lighting everything on fire.

So Detroit and Baltimore were pillaged because of the treatment of Blacks in the South even after the passage of the Civil Rights Act?

Just did, I'm not seeing anything that would preclude secession.

law.cornell.edu/constitution/articleiv

>makes appeals to evolutionary biology while simultaneously denying what the vast majority of evolutionary biologists have to say on the subject of human races

You're just so silly.

Typical Communist. Obsessing over what people say while ignoring what they actually do.

Pro tip: Actions speak louder than words.

MLK being assassinated caused the Baltimore riots and Detroit was sitting on a powder keg of racial issues that I alluded to in my post.

Huh, Fair enough. I thought it was in there but it's not.

Civil rights leaders and black churches ended segregation and the Black Panther Party fed poor African American children all over the country. White senators ignored segregation for as long as they possibly could, KKK leaders terrorized blacks to the greatest extent humanly possible, and evangelists just kind of generally acted like assholes the whole time.

Actions AND words should both be taken into consideration.

What do they have to say? Because conventional knowledge within evolutionary and sociobiology speheres say that humanity began speciation as it spread out to different corners of the world. You believe in evolution, don't you user?

Africans were cut off from the Eurasian continent, specifically the Mediterranean world that allowed for cultural exchange and facilitated the development of sophisticated and orderly civilizations. Unlike Europeans, they never experienced selection pressure for higher and higher levels of cognitive ability roaming on the African savanna. They're DUMB.

Even the unmatched Avatar of Socialism and Leftism, Noam Chomsky concedes that IQ is largely heritable. See his IQ Building Blocks of a New Class System.

>Reagan and the American people were sold a bill of goods

It's almost like he was a senile and gullible with a progressing case of Alzheimer

How could you defend someone who trusted their political opposition to act out a non binding agreement?

>They were as a net, massively cut, and finally indexed for inflation

Not for workers who saw higher payroll and social security taxes, and almost no cut in income tax.

>Reagan's tax and regulatory cuts made for a far more efficient economy,

Reagan made the economy more efficient and outsourcing jobs and accumulating consumer debt and financial fraud from wall street, but that's about it.

>appealing to authority

Sorry, but I deal in facts and not opinions

>telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/12061787/Intelligence-genes-discovered-by-scientists.html

>Researchers have believed for some time that intellect is inherited with studies suggesting that up to 75 per cent of IQ is genetic,

>What do they have to say?

That races in the conventional sense don't exist and human genetic diversity is too complicated and depends on too many factors to be accurately modeled in simplistic taxonomic terms.

Maybe if you read anything biologists or anthropologists wrote, you would know that.

this thread has made me sad now
just thinking of what could have happened with President Goldwater

I ( ) am not this guy () BTW

Chomsky also says that measuring IQ on a racial level is utterly pointless because it gives us no useful information to form a blueprint for public policy on an individual, socialistic level.

I never said or implied that IQ isn't heritable/doesn't have a large genetic component.

>What were the zebra killings?

But the pale in comparison to those who say the opposite.

youtube.com/watch?v=MlZ-JUvWkas

That happened well after the civil rights era and is irrelevant to the conversation.

stop user...... you're gonna make me cry.....

>not understanding that clinal theory(predominant racial theory right now) STILL accounts for differences in things like intelligence
>not understanding that it's scientific consensus that the IQ gap is at least partly genetic

>Sam Harris
>an authority on anything

What

See:
>I never said or implied that IQ isn't heritable/doesn't have a large genetic component.

That's an opinion of his.

When people are able to cry "Racism" because there is not total equality of outcome, and the legislator intervenes to right a wrong that does not exist, then IMO studying group differences isn't useless information.

"This is partly true. Reagan’s 1981 Economic Recovery Tax Act was an across-the-board 25 percent reduction in tax rates. Everyone got tax relief. Almost all supply-siders supported indexing tax rates for inflation to end “bracket creep” and to prevent the government from profiting from inflation. And deductions for tax-free IRAs are supported by most supply-siders as a way to encourage saving by ending its double taxation.

The Tax Reform Act of 1986 was quintessential Reagan. He knew closing loopholes and lowering rates would create efficiency gains. No one thought it could be done. But the legislation passed, reducing the number of tax brackets to two, 15 percent for the middle class and 28 percent for the wealthy. As a result, the highest income-tax rate fell from 70 percent to 28 percent — one of the biggest rate reductions in American history."
heritage.org/taxes/commentary/reagans-tax-cutting-legacy

The tax burden on working Americans as well as the rich was lessened considerably under Reagan's tax policies, and we saw the fruit of this in the economy. You keep making this claim that the raise in payroll and SS taxes offset everything, but you haven't made any case for that. I'm giving you numbers, and you're giving me speculation.

I'm not asking you to call Reagan "God Emperor," simply admit he was a true blue conservative, he meant well despite his imperfections, his presidency was on the whole very positive, and he was the closest thing we had to a real leader who bled red, white, and blue up until Trump.

Just saw that. But it does have relevance if one group has a lower average intelligence than the other. Africa will never be able to develop society on par with Europe on average, just look at how all the communists there are doing. Look at how much standard of living has fallen in Zimbabwe and South Africa once whites left.

The federal government is the creature of the states and it is therefore confined to the powers it had been expressly given in the Constitution. That a state could succeed from the Union pre-Civil War was a notion taken for granted. Which is why Lincoln has his critics.

He would have been given the treatment Trump is now being given, and the fucking lemming retard "Greatest Generation" would have eaten it up, and he would have been impeached. That's my best guess. Regardless, he a pro-capitalist, thus pro-plutocracy (capitalism naturally evolves into plutocracy) candidate. In his later years, he evolved into a left-libertarian.

Can you be more specific as to what you're talking about?

If it's affirmative action, I understand that there are problems with it, but those programs are literally in place because it was found that universities and workplaces simply weren't accepting minority applications regardless of how qualified they may have been. It was necessary and probably still is, at least to a limited degree.

The reason I gave you Sam Harris and Gad Saad was to illustrate that this stuff is more widely accepted than you supposed in your earlier comment.

>It was necessary and probably still is, at least to a limited degree.

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." You definitely earned that flag.

Well, first of all we have to say that IQ is not some gold standard of human intelligence. It's a useful metric (especially when testing for learning disabilities or creating a specialized learning plan) but it can't necessarily be extrapolated to the level of social organization.

Secondly, it's irrelevant if Africa can develop to the exact degree of European civilization because it can absolutely and objectively develop beyond where it is NOW, so we should put the focus there for the present time.