Time to have a reasonable discussion about gun control in US

Virginia:
No background checks
No licensing
No registration
No permit req’d for concealed carry of long guns
Open carry long guns & handguns

Yet this state couldn't prevent the tragic shooting that happened today ?

Other urls found in this thread:

gunlawscorecard.org/
theacru.org/harvard_study_gun_control_is_counterproductive/
usnews.com/news/articles/2013/06/25/study-using-guns-for-defense-leads-to-fewer-injuries
businessweek.com/articles/2012-12-27/how-often-do-we-use-guns-in-self-defense
leg.state.co.us/clics/clics2012a/commsumm.nsf/b4a3962433b52fa787256e5f00670a71/5de089825c00843e872579b80079912d/$FILE/SenState0305AttachB.pdf
law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/jlpp/Vol30_No2_KatesMauseronline.pdf
hoplofobia.info/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Armed-Resistance-to-Crime.pdf
libertyfirearmstraining.com/blog/2013/05/16/criminals-fear-armed-citizens-more-than-they-do-the-police/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Yet this state couldn't prevent the tragic shooting that happened today ?

Probably could have if the victim carried. Also sage.

when stopped by police. None of the Staffers or Representatives were armed, and the Average number of people killed in a Mass Shooting when stopped by an Armed Citizen is 2.5 but an average of 14.5 are killed in a Shooting

yes they do.
they LITERALLY do
lurk moar/kill yourself/whatever

Background check is required and a permit is required for concealed carry.

If you can't get the basic facts right nobody is going to listen to your idiot argument about rights that don't exist.

fuck off kike fagget.
your day is fucking coming real quick

Literally none of those points are true David Frum

Uh uh. I'm not giving up my right to protect my life and family and home just because you fuckers can't control yourselves. Maybe just
Democrats shouldn't have guns since they are all lunatics and seem to fear them anyways.
Maybe they fear them because they don't trust themselves so naturally, none of the rest of us must be trustworthy either.
Anyways move to Europe. Make us all happy.

>I WANT FREE STUFF!!! WAAAAH!!!

Holy crap, at least gun people actually buy their guns instead of demanding somebody else pays for them.

Yeah the shooting was bad but I still stand by the shooter's right to own guns. Not even going to go into the whole futility of gun control but my point is we aren't hypocrites.

Wrong wrong wrong

>No background checks

Stopped reading there. We have background checks.

As someone raised in the south with a 224 social prefix, let me tell you. You're very very wrong.

>No background checks

Bait.

The last time you retarded chimps passed a gun law, you turned one of the least popular rifles in the country into the most popular rifle in the country which led to doubling the number of guns in circulation in a mere two decades.

You also created and galvanized the pro-gun movement who spent the next two decades chipping away at state laws to the point that nine states no longer require a permit to carry a concealed weapon.

Maybe you should quit while you're ahead.

Hey you. Nice mental gymnastics, but this one is ALL YOURS. Today's fuckwad was a Bernie Sanders supporter from Illinois. This is purely Left Wing terrorism.

The most lethal weapon is an unhinged retard in possession of a tool made by an advanced mind. Not the tool itself.

2 people with guns stopped a Leftist terrorist from out of state.

Also I thought Trump is a fascist ergo we *have*a fascist govt - make up your mind.

Also, had the Russian people had guns they perhaps would have not been slaughtered in the tens of millionsby the Jew-led Bolsheviks.

Dummy.

I don't get it, Illinois has a B+ score on gunlawscorecard.org/
It's almost like a criminal has other means of obtaining the necessary weaponry for his goals.

Daily reminder that the 1934 and 1968 gun control acts were put through out of fear of blacks rising up.

>they make fun of people having fantisies of fighting a fascist government without a hint of irony

2nd amendment

If you wish to change Gun laws you must repeal it, everything else is unconstitutional

Virginia is 20% nigger. They need their guns.

Fuck off i like Guns

>reasonable discussion
Do you really think libs are capable of this?

>No background checks

>Before transferring a firearm from his or her inventory, a licensed dealer must:

>Require a prospective purchaser to present one piece of government issued photo-identification that demonstrates that the prospective purchaser resides in Virginia;
>Obtain the purchaser’s written consent to a background check and the other information on a consent form;
>Request criminal history record information regarding the purchaser by a telephone call to or other communication authorized by DSP; and
>Provide DSP with the name, birth date, gender, race, citizenship, and social security and/or any other identification number of the purchaser, and the number of firearms by category intended to be transferred

Do people really just do that? Just go on the internet and lie?

Fuck you nigger

>that pic

Doesn't matter what they think

We're the ones with guns

Nope helecopter rides desu senpai

>Located along the western bank of the Potomac River, Alexandria is approximately 7 miles (11 km) south of downtown Washington, D.C.

It's NoVa, what do you expect?

Think of how many lives could have been saved if the Religion of Peace trucks were stopped by a whole society of people equipped with handguns. First, the shots would make everyone alert, and secondly, he get's headshot and veers off course or a front tire gets shot out and causes the same effect. Citizens could be trained after the first attack to shoot the front tire.

Your flag is racist
Disavow

>concealed carry of long guns

what

This would also solve the rape problems in Europe if the women had a micro-pistol and Akmed's buddies found out he ended up in the morgue

OP is either a troll or a shareblue that doesn't know what they're talking about. I'm thinking shareblue since Sup Forums is filled with anti-gun threads right now.

REASONABLE DISCUSSION

The discussion has been had and the antigun side is objectively wrong
>Harvard study detailing how gun control is counter productive and a waste of valuable police resources

theacru.org/harvard_study_gun_control_is_counterproductive/

usnews.com/news/articles/2013/06/25/study-using-guns-for-defense-leads-to-fewer-injuries
>Citing four separate studies between 1988-2004, the assessment from the Institute of Medicine and the National Research Council says crime victims who use guns in self-defense have consistently lower injury rates than victims who use other strategies to protect themselves (other strategies include stalling, calling the police or using weapons such as knives or baseball bats).

businessweek.com/articles/2012-12-27/how-often-do-we-use-guns-in-self-defense
>Hemenway finds more reliable an annual federal government research project, called the National Crime Victimization Survey, which yields estimates in the neighborhood of 100,000 defensive gun uses per year. Making various reasonable-sounding adjustments, other social scientists have suggested that perhaps a figure somewhere between 250,000 and 370,000 might be more accurate.

leg.state.co.us/clics/clics2012a/commsumm.nsf/b4a3962433b52fa787256e5f00670a71/5de089825c00843e872579b80079912d/$FILE/SenState0305AttachB.pdf
>Upon interviewing convicted felons, these researchers found that
>74% indicated that burglars avoided occupied dwellings, due to fears of being shot
>57% said that most criminals feared armed citizens more than the police
>40% of the felons had been deterred from committing a particular crime, because they believed that the potential victim was armed

law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/jlpp/Vol30_No2_KatesMauseronline.pdf
hoplofobia.info/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Armed-Resistance-to-Crime.pdf
libertyfirearmstraining.com/blog/2013/05/16/criminals-fear-armed-citizens-more-than-they-do-the-police/

There are three flags are annoying shitposters and shills are Commie, European, and Democrat.

The constitution disagrees with you. Also, we outnumber you. By a lot.

That's a physical removal solution not a gun solution

NRA says: "stay mad, faggots"

>appropriate and reasonable
Lay out for me exactly what that means.

No?! YOU SAY 'NO' TO MY AR-15, YOU FUCKIN' PRICK! YOU AIN'T GONNA ABLE TO SAY 'NO' TO ME WHEN I GET TO YOUR HOUSE, YOU MOTHERFUCKER!!

hey you with no guns. come and take them.

>be a poor antifa who can't afford guns
>so lets try to disarm our enemies before the civil war

fuck off and kys antifa cuck
guns won't make any difference besides speeding things up in fighting you numale feminists who hide behind your fat & smelly mistresses

The baseball stadium was a no-gun zone.

>Illinois gun deaths that low

How fucking law-abiding is the rest of the state if Chicago hasn't put them in the shitter?

>Do people really just do that? Just go on the internet and lie?
With antigunners the question tends to be more along the lines of "Are they lying or really that genuinely willingly ignorant?"

>Greece
>white

That image is trademarked by the IRA™. You've broken the NAP.

The radical left-wing terrorist was from Illinois, one of the strictest gun control states in the union

I don't understand this link saying gun laws are good.
Are they using some kind of food scoring where the higher the grade the shittier the laws are?

Good thing he used a gun instead of a truck.
Many lives were spared.

>Virginia:
>No background checks
>No licensing
>No registration
>No permit req’d for concealed carry of long guns
>Open carry long guns & handguns

and yet the shooter was from Illinois where gun control is tight

So, if mum's colt goes off and kills the grandma, while she is searching for some anti depressants in her shit bag - is this still an "tragic accident" for mum, or does she finally gets some years for manslaughter? I read so many shit stories about peoples gun killing like the postman and "its just an accident that the loaded gun was laying on the table, happens all the time".

It's time to sage, ignore or report paid scripted shilling when you see the same focus-group tested message fives times in an hour.

It's also illegal at the Federal level to buy and take possession of a firearm in a different state than which you live in

So ground-to-air missiles to nukes for everybody and see what happens. The tyranny must be stopped!

>posting garbage
How poor are you?

Shouldn't at least NRA peeps be happy that some idiot is using his gun against the govt officials (thats what the 2nd ammend is all about, right?) - or is it only ok if Dems are shot up? Cant keep up with all these nuts.

This kind of patronizing is why the antigun movement's aren't taken seriously outside of itself.
The lying also doesn't help on top of the ridiculous strawmen.
See

Thread

>movement's
Arguments.
Their threat to all of our liberty is taken seriously and being effectively combatted despite how stupid they sound

Anti-gun folks have no penis. Fact.

This is the best you've got? Did you even try?

Trump still gets at least one more SCOTUS nomination. LOL You fags will never get rid of the 2nd Amendment.

>mfw we just ban blacks for gun ownership

>
>
> This is purely Left Wing terrorism.

... again.

If you base your arguments on the constitution, than you have to have Air-to-Ground Drones, and soon automatic robot clone armies, or you can never win against "the tyranny". Then you are just an "militia poser" without a chance against the "oppressive Drone Strike" that flattens your block.

Wrong, as usual. We need a reasonable, honest discussion about committing the mentally ill (who commit all mass shootings) into mental institutions. But that would mean Democrats would be guaranteed electoral defeat for at least a generation.

Yeah we should ban democrats from owning guns. They don't like them and well they are pretty damn unstable. Solves two problems.

Banning Democrats from owning guns would prevent 85-90% of firearm homicides.

Any white, right-wing person should be able to have a gun.
Can't trust any left-winger or nigger with them though, else you get what happened today or Detroit.

Why the fuck are there a million of these threads?
Did the attack trigger something? How much do you people get paid?

This. I have heard a million lefties say if they got my gun away from me they would shoot me or something along the lines of "the only reason you own a gun is to make it easier to murder someone". Seems like a freudian slip of their mindset and the intentions of what they would do if they had a weapon

>If you base your arguments on the constitution, than you have to have Air-to-Ground Drones, and soon automatic robot clone armies, or you can never win against "the tyranny". Then you are just an "militia poser" without a chance against the "oppressive Drone Strike" that flattens your block
I'll take my chances against imagined tyranny over real tyranny you're literally proposing we should implement.

Also if anything you just amde a great argument for why the Constitution exist.
To stop a centralized powerful government that would be extremely difficult to resist if need be with the recognition of our individual inalienable right to keep and bear arms.

Also btw up until 1934 anyone could own the same equipment as the government.
Guess what didn't happen?
Pro tip
Your ridiculous fear mongering

a fucking leaf

He wasn't from Virginia...

something in the water is turning everyone gay

kill yourself commie kike

>No background checks
You should not ask permission to exercise constitutionally protected rights.

>No licensing
You do not require a license to exercise a right.

>No registration
You do not register to exercise a right.

>No permit req’d for concealed carry of long guns
You do not ask the government's permission to exercise a right.

>Open carry long guns & handguns
The right to own firearms is not subject to only certain places and firearms.

>1 post by this I'D

So all you retarded faggots don't realize that OP isn't reading a single fucking thing you say?

>coming out of the barrel as a complete cartridge

Dear OP,

Fuck you.
Sincerely fuck you with one of our border cactus,

Texas

if Rand Paul was carrying he wouldn't have had to hide behind a fucking tree and watch. Don't ever support this cuck running for president again.

This culture of depending on the police for security needs to stop.

Blatant misrepresentation of Federal and Virgina laws? Check
One post by this ID? Check
(you)? Check

It's extremely difficult for even Congressmen to get a carry permit in DC user

To that pic I only say:

Yes they literally do it's in the constitution.

You going to slide into third with a gun strapped to your leg you fucking retard?

You guys general suck at spinning the narrative, but I have got to say, this one takes the cake.

And when I say that I mean there's more federal senators than there is people with DC CCW permits

HEY YOU.

ON THE LEFT.

Your paranoid fantasies about Obama still being in office and the current administration being a fascist dictatorship that is the embodiment of pure evil that wants nothing more than to revoke every civil liberty and turn the USA into a Russian province does not trump my right not to get hit in the head with a bike lock for not supporting Her.

Sincerely,

Everyone not in NYC or California.