I know Jack shit about religion and I want to become a more religious person...

I know Jack shit about religion and I want to become a more religious person. What's a good way to learn about the History of religion and read religious texts? I'm lost and have no idea where to start.

Other urls found in this thread:

biblegateway.com/,
youtube.com/watch?v=RLUgZhLJCHk
kjvtoday.com/home/hell-or-hades-in-matthew-1123-et-al
youtube.com/watch?v=QXQcjmLw_Rc
youtube.com/watch?v=f-wWBGo6a2w
serpentseedline.com/
serpentseedline.com/control_factor.htm
mystery-babylon.org/cain.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Panin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well it all starts with the book written by Mathew.

Look within.

"The kingdom of heaven is within you"

Read the bible.

>I want to become a more religious person.
Why? Are you stupid? Just go to a churh and do what the other lobitomixed retards are doing.

But atheism is blatantly false. You have to be a hedonistic moron to be one.

Depends on what religion. Do a google search for where to start with the bible (if Christianity), and there are recommendations on what books to start with. Start paying attention to religious threads here, and find websites/boards/threads dedicated to the topic.

this.

then, good burgers attend Episcopalian church, if you can find a local one with a ciswhite pastor.

mine are all women and faggots :(

else, find out what church your ancestors went to.

Jesus is calling you back to his flock. He is the truth. If you have found American religion to be co-oped by idiots, it has, seriously look to Orthodox or Roman Catholic. I of course could be wrong. I'm a sinner. I pray you Jesus finds you.

Read Mein Kampf and feel the words of the god himself

>Episcopalian
kys

> mine are all women and faggots :(
The Episcopal church is not a church. It's an apostate one. They don't believe the Bible. Especially, if you are going to a church led by women. It's not a church. Women can't be priests.

No. EO and RC are wrong and in error.

I recommend a solid Reformed church. Either Reformed Baptist, Presbyterian or an Anglican church.

Begin by reading the Bible. Start with the New Testament. I would suggest the NKJV.

CS Lewis. Read Mere Christianity, the Abolition of Man, the Screwtape Letters, and the Pilgrim's Regress, then maybe the Problem of Pain.
If you like him you will want to look into GK Chesterton.

It's fine if you can find another church besides the Episcopal Church USA. There are great ones but avoid any that ordain woman, fags and marry homosexuals or teach evolution.

It's not stupid it holds society together and keeps standards, we need religion for pragmatic reasons

Go to college. Religion is for blue collar wage cucks.

Huh, I've never heard of on that doesn't do all those things.

Got to " Islam is religion of peace dot com" and sign up for your personal imam visit. Brought to you by the letters: I and S

Literally start with Wikipedia. Read the New Testament. Read "Mere Christianity" by C. S. Lewis. Lurk around religion-related threads in /his/. Consider looking into philosophy, like Kierkegaard. Read the Catechism of the Orthodox (or Catholic) Church, it sums up the basic beliefs of Christianity.

Also, pic related

pick up the bible, read it from the beginning. most likely you will put it down before finishing, read proverbs, bits and pieces. there is no perfect way to start because Christianity is so huge. eventually start reading the new testament. read as much as you can. read st augustine. read christian saints, dante, other religious major authors to seriously enhance your understanding because they will pass off what they learned through their writing.

overall the most important work is the new testament and it's something you can read over and over, get deeper religious meanings the more you read into it, and you'll find certain stories will resonate a lot with your life depending on where you are in your life and who you are.

it goes beyond deep and there's a reason why it's so unpopular with the world, because it's not of this world and it goes against all the evil in this world, thus evil wants to do it all it can to make it look as unappealing as possible to those who have never read it.

You can read the bible online here: biblegateway.com/, and if you can't decide on a version it has all of them. It's interesting to read a version that's in more simple english then compare the chapter to a different version.

>teach evolution
Is that a problem?

There are Reformed Episcopalian churches that are doctrinally sound.

how can christians hate jews and then say the bible is "uncucked" when the first half of the bible, the old testament, is literally for JEWS ONLY

For multiple reasons. Evolution is incompatible with Christianity. In fact evolution is a religion in it's own right.

I would recommend he read the Pilgrim's progress.

Well I would recommend the KJV but NKJV if you struggle with the language.

Read Evolas's writings on buddhism or watch some documentaries if reading is not your thing.

Also spirituality >>>>> religion

Look up Joseph Campbell OP. His work focuses on the metaphorical significance of mythological and religious stories.
>youtube.com/watch?v=RLUgZhLJCHk

The OT was given to the Jews but it is for edification of the entire church. Also Christians don't hate Jews. Christians don't have a stated opinion on Jews since no one speaks on behalf of all Christians. Biblically speaking a Jew will go to hell if he doesn't repent and believe.

I have a bone to pick with the KJV, it misntranslates Sheol, Hades, Tartarus, and Gehenna as hell every single time despite (sheol and hades are the same thing) these places being incredibly different.

I reccomend the new american standard bible, its the only other enlish version the interlinear (bible with hebrew/aramic and greek texts lined up to it) will back

Get actual mentors and teachers from authoritative sources, not from Sup Forums.

Imagine dying and going to hell because you listened to fucking Sup Forums instead of a minister.

> Also spirituality >>>>> religion
In other words good vibes >>>> the one true religion delivered by to saints

>Also Christians don't hate Jews. Christians don't have a stated opinion on Jews since no one speaks on behalf of all Christians.

uh huh

the pope good enough to speak for all christians?

I have to start out with the more simple versions or it's too boring and lost on me.

Abrahamiv religions have some truth to them but most of it is a corruption in order to keep mechanisms of control like churches and the vatican.

I wouldn't recommend reqding the bible just yet as most of what is actually real in that book is in metaphor or alchemical language

Modern religion is a jewish subversion, read about Gnosticism and the first tribes of Christianity

Just understand what the Bible is, and what it isn't. It is a reliable collection of historical documents, written by eye witnesses during the life times of other eye witnesses. They report supernatural events that took place in fulfillment of specific prophecies and claim that their writings are divine rather than human in origin.

Listen to Voddie Baucham explain what that means. Youtube Voddie Baucham Why I choose the believe the Bible.

Lastly, I'll say this. I don't agree with everything Voddie says and believes. In fact, I don't fully agree with any other Christian person I've ever met. Nobody knows the absolute truth, but it is our responsibility to study and understand the holy text with intellectual integrity, rather than blind faith.

I was born into a Christian family, I inherited an ignorant form of faith, but I believe God gave us brains so that we would use them. It's not wrong to investigate Christianity. Have fun, it's a big world of crazy people and fascinating ideas.

>It is a reliable collection of historical documents
is that why there is no evidence of jews being slaves in egypt? the bible is just the first piece of jewish propaganda, "we wuz slaves" is the first holocaust meme

"Yes goyim, you can only get to God through us!"

It does not mistranslate those words. See

kjvtoday.com/home/hell-or-hades-in-matthew-1123-et-al

> I reccomend the new american standard bible, its the only other enlish version the interlinear (bible with hebrew/aramic and greek texts lined up to it) will back
They use an inferior set of manuscripts based on an un-Christians assumptions.

OP watch this ultimate red pill of the Jews and how they are different from christians, read the new testament and follow and believe in the teachings of jesus for we are all desendents of the chosen people.
youtube.com/watch?v=QXQcjmLw_Rc

While you came across as a dumb asshole your point is kind of correct. Why would you want to be a more religious person? Are you looking for answers? Do you feel empty? Are you worried about dying?

At the end of the day introspection may be more useful to you than reading about prophets and miracles. If you sit down, think of why you want to be religious and still decide that religion is the answer I would suggest you read the holy book of whatever religion interests you (I assume Christianity), look up the various schools/divisions in your religion and the differences between them, and contact an expert (pastor or whatever) of the specific version you think best suits you. Reading a book alone can be useful but it helps when you have outside context, knowing the difference between Baptists, Methodists, Orthodox, and Catholics can help a lot when choosing a church.

If you want to mind fuck youself, read Taoism books.

Pedophile jewish institutions are as trustworthy as this site

Reformation Churches seem lost. They deny science. They believe in stuff like Young Earth's and pure creationist ideas. They require you to outright deny the science that surrounds us. I thought for a long time religion was fake because I didn't understand how you can believe in creation and evolution. In fact they make much more sense together. God guides science. Either way, as long as he finds salvation in Jesus and the Trinity we should rejoice.

why bother? there's no god. you don't need religion to tell you how to lead a decent life. think for yourself

The office of pope is an unbiblical one and thus his opinion is just that, his opinion.

Then the NKJV.

> Modern religion is a jewish subversion, read about Gnosticism and the first tribes of Christianity
You are historically illiterate. You would rather have us read counterfeit material than the actual stuff.

> Nobody knows the absolute truth
Do you know that absolutely?

You're only counterargument is a rehashed meme.

It's not about being religious. I agree with you there. Rather you should seek Christianity out because it is true. Because God has laid the path of salvation out for you.

If you really want the truth in the least corrupted way possible study the Vedas

Because the 2ND half is all about what devils they are and not to be like them. Idiot

You're confusing evolution with athiesm. I agree athiesm is definitely like a cult type religion.

It's not an argument when you claim something to be absolute truth just because

>catholics

>The office of pope is an unbiblical one and thus his opinion is just that, his opinion.
delusional

also i hope this "nobody speaks for me" mindset was invented by jews so goyim would stop collectively blaming them for things

Watch Ancient Aliens.

> Reformation Churches seem lost. They deny science.
Unfortunately for you science isn't a religion. Rather science is a tool we use in investigating nature.

> . They believe in stuff like Young Earth's and pure creationist ideas.
You're implying evolution is true. Many Reformed churches believe in an old earth.

> They require you to outright deny the science that surrounds us
In what way? It seems to me you're an ignorant redditor who doesn't understand the facts in the evolution v. creation debate.

Not an argument

lmao and you think that someone ignorant about religion will become illuminated just by reading the bible?

Do you have a minute to talk about our lord and savior Ahura Mazda?

Get off /pol. That would be a fucking hell of a good start.

I wasn't putting forth an argument so?

Evolution is a religion. Darwinists come up short of evidence all the time but people stick to it because it's give folk a naturalistic explanation of the origin of life.

> goyim
You sound retarded

Start with Mathew. Jews are shown for what they are.

Oh buddy, are you in for a treat.
youtube.com/watch?v=f-wWBGo6a2w

It's not about religion. It's about Christianity. If they read the Bible they will find the path of salvation and how to enter into a right relationship with their creator. Yes.

I'm just wondering: Any Christians in this thread believe in evolution?

I've been asking in Sup Forums's religious threads, and almost ALL of the answers I've gotten have been "yes"

how can you claim the bible is anything but shit when literally all four books that are devoted to them BEING SLAVES N SHIET has no historical or archeological evidence

even jews say that exodus is a myth

don't you see that the bible was simply the first control matrix similar to the holocaust in that it got people to think of them as victims? they were never slaves in egypt just like they were never killed by le ebul nazis. the only difference is it took them almost 4000 years to admit this shit

The office of Pope isn't very Christian my dudr, but hey if you want to believe in it I'm sure your local Federal SuperMax has some feet that need kissing.

Do the following:

>I wasn't putting forth an argument so?
>You're only counterargument is a rehashed meme.
>counterargument

retard

> how can you claim the bible is anything but shit when literally all four books that are devoted to them BEING SLAVES N SHIET has no historical or archeological evidence
If you ventured in scholarly journals you would find the opposite. But your ignorant and stupid. You unable to form cogent arguments.

> even jews say that exodus is a myth
Liberal Jews do.

> don't you see that the bible was simply the first control matrix similar to the holocaust in that it got people to think of them as victims? they were never slaves in egypt just like they were never killed by le ebul nazis. the only difference is it took them almost 4000 years to admit this shit
Wow. You are a legit moron.

Don't see the point OP. Aliens are the ones that created us. Exotheism doesn't require you to get up every Sunday morning.

If you want to even BEGIN to understand the Holy Bible...

You MUST read Enoch, and understand the Serpent Seed Doctrine.

serpentseedline.com/

serpentseedline.com/control_factor.htm

mystery-babylon.org/cain.html

you missed the point where i brought up Sheol, which is a place commonly referred to in the old testament. and yes, Hades is Sheol, which are places both inherently different to Gehenna, and Tartarus.

i mean you can say it doesn't mistranslate it, but it actually kind of does.

>They use an inferior set of manuscripts based on an un-Christians assumptions.
I'm pretty sure its the same set of manuscripts Ivan Panin wrote 43,000 pages on explaining the mathematical properties of the bible that he uses to explain how its divinely inspired, but ok.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Panin

Have the same problem here, went to a church and there were crazy women and weak faggits praying. Their weirdo behaviour nullified their entire message for me, horrible if every retard is allowed to do this

I do.

Nah you're just mad that I brought up a legit point. Jews are all about playing victim but most importantly having some sort of myths to back up their being victims. They play victim but really are the oppressors

the old testament serves literally no other purpose than to establish jews as victims(being oppressed by the egyptians) so they can justify themselves as oppressing others

its the same with the fucking holocaust, why do you think so many rabbis and jewish leaders are saying that the holocaust is turning into the new jewish religion. jews don't give a shit about their torah anymore, look at the surveys, most of them say being jewish is about "remembering the holocaust"

in 200 or maybe 300 years they will codify a new "bible" that includes stories about how they were enslaved by the nazis and christians n shiet, and they will throw away their torah because after 4000 years of bullshit, it's outlived its usefulness

you are a faggot

Read the New Testament first. This shouldn't take much longer than a week or two if you really are interested.

After you have read the teachings of christ and feel that you understand what his purpose was, read the Old Testament. Compare the contrast between the two.

The OT becomes much more interesting when you read it after the NT. How many contradictions are there? Is Jesus really serving the same God as the Jews in the OT? Did God just take a 180 on his eternal covenant of circumcision and the sabbath or are the modern Jews who's religious tradition stem from the pharisees the vipers that Jesus spoke about?

There is no reason to turn to any other book than the bible itself. Read it before you listen to pastors and preachers who will skew your understanding of the gospels permanently.

After you read it, then you can listen to the opinions of others on their interpretation or their testimonies.

Reminder that we live in the age of deceit, where the devil tricked most of the world by corrupting the good with the bad and mixing truth with lies.

The truth? Jesus Christ's teaching
The lies? Abrahamic religions and the Church

>no whores in our society
>jesus hangs out with whores in the new testament
>god commands hosea to marry a harlot
????
>occultic pratices shall be condemned
Proverbs 25:2
the defition of occult is "hidden knowledge" the bible in itself is an occult book by definition. but I do agree with the notion that sorcery, witchcraft, and idolatry are bad

The book of Genesis is a Commentary/Allegory/Parable on Biological Warfare.

So spend some time studying Biological Warfare methods, technique, and history.

So my follow up question is usually this:

How do you square the concept of original sin with your belief in evolution?

I use to think it was a cop out to say faith. But it's true. I think you have to understand it's meant to be confusing and complex. Jesus talks mostly in riddles. Jesus is the Son of God. He is like his father.

wat

The occult is only occult because during the dark ages you were persecuted and killed for researching that stuff so it remained hidden.

Reminder that science and psichology have their roots in alchemic studies.

Newton would be considered an occultist if we still had those dumb standards

This is probably the best starting point.

Go to an Orthodox Christian Liturgy or a Catholic Mass.

>Good
>Episcopalian

Just go to a Catholic mass. Orthodox if you're a Greek, from Balkans, or Russian.

Reminder that YHWH is a jewish egregore.

Moses made a pact with a fallen angel

Reminder that the bible replaced all mentions of Adonai, Elohim and Yaweh with the word God to bring about the age of monotheism to better control the population

god, this has to be the dumbest thing I've ever read in my entire life. take the gnostic pill

sshhh

> Reminder that the bible replaced all mentions of Adonai, Elohim and Yaweh with the word God

yes this is true

>to bring about the age of monotheism to better control the population
no, this is retarded. the soul has a monotheistic creator

not KJV

I'm new to faith. I would think it's definitely not a real story about the Apple and trees and snakes. It was when people came about, however that was, they became misguided and required intervention. This is why prophets would show up rather often at first. But after his Son is murdered. He stopped sending them and has given it time to see what happens. We don't and can't know what he knows or could we understand His plan.

how is the holy trinity a monotheistic concept?

So is the "serpent" the kundalini, a reptilian, the spine, dna or what?
what did they mean by this

There are a lot of things that seem like obvious allegories as someone who was raised Christian but not interested in it until lately.

buddhism

Satan? Joos?

Wretched TV has a bunch of short videos on YouTube that will teach you the basics of (Protestant) Christianity.

Don't fall for the Catholic meme, real Christianity is about faith and the Bible alone - not some degenerate Pope declaring to know what God wants.

Todd Friel is the name of the host.

Listen to that christian music radio station on the lower end of the FM band.

Look up the pantheon of el if u wanna get redpilled. Believe in jesus if ur beta.

because they are 1 in the spirit?

the serpent is a spiritual energy the serpent isn't a character for evil, its a symbol for wisdom.

Just so I'm understanding your position (and correct me if I'm wrong):

You do not believe that the story of Adam and Eve literally occurred as it is presented in the bible.

I'm not going to try and debate, I just kind of want to understand more of how you can synthesize some tenants of Christianity as well as believe in evolution. It has always baffled me.

What do you mean by "misguided"? And when do you think that occurred?