The government tracks your phone's data and location when you attend protests, free speech rallies, etc

The government tracks your phone's data and location when you attend protests, free speech rallies, etc.

Although I don't provide a concrete source, it's common knowledge in today's world. It's happened in Ukraine during the revolutions, it's happened in Germany whenever Pegida and Antifa protest, and I'm absolutely certain it happens in America and the rest of the world. Just google it if you don't believe me

Be safe out there.

Other urls found in this thread:

assets.documentcloud.org/documents/711456/brochure609.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirtbox_(cell_phone)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'd like to see apps that could help detect and track Stingray devices when they are deployed and spoof cell towers.

since gps was added to phones.

it is worse than that. they are using stingrays and other devices to hijack everything coming into/going out of it. they bring these devices to protests.
this user gets it, but there is also the 3g/4g data stream that some departments can get

New idea. At these protests just jam everything.

what is that

The government knows your political ideology just by the events that you attend.

I'm scared to see what the don't know.

Spark gap transmitter. Makes lots of RF interference on all bands.

.By now they are using something more sophisticated and stealth than stingray.

Codename: Smartass?

Then, don't bring your phone. I'ts not that hard.

explain the set up if you could. did you find prints somewhere that I could look at to build one?

Can't wait for the time when people start rejecting electronics as they've become too invasive.

I'm already to the point where I'm ready to ditch my cell phone for good.

>show face
>camera facial recognition
>on a list

I've got a better idea
Pic related

No way, you'll shoot your eye out kid. Go hang out with some hams and learn about radio.

I think you'll need a bigger one.

I know one: aimsid I think it's called? Check on fdroid.

I checked out the project and it's still pretty imature but hopefully will get really solid. Probably never have 100% detection though.

Best bet really is get a burner phone, only turn it on at a protest/rally, turn it off when you leave, never have both on at the same time at the same location, and of course leave your main one at home. Or just don't bring a phone ( obviously not practical for many folks)

Yep. Cop uncle told me they can even turn your phone by distance w/Stingray-killer new gen gizmos.

>tfw new Galaxy s8 but tinfoil intensifies so much I roll back to my removable battery "unhackable" S3

>The government tracks your phone's data and location when you attend protests, free speech rallies, etc.
What phone?

UNSCANNABLE!

Good thing I'm one of the only 20 somethings with a job and no cell phone.

ill just leave this here
assets.documentcloud.org/documents/711456/brochure609.pdf

and this
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirtbox_(cell_phone)

jokes on them, I never leave my house

Nissan tracks you with GPS at race tracks if you own a GTR so they can void the warranty.

Nope. Not all bands. And unfortunately, not the bands cell phones use.

>Nissan tracks you with GPS at race tracks if you own a GTR so they can void the warranty.
no, it it to remove the governor

WAIIIT what ?