What would happen if every single regulation on every company in the world was wiped out for one year?

What would happen if every single regulation on every company in the world was wiped out for one year?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sMXjtvMAFlI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Work conditions would become shit, environment would take a massive hit, innovation surges and our technology advances 50 years within that time.

It would be extremely painful

>innovation surges and our technology advances 50 years within that time

lol

for whomst

You're a big company.

you, the people

One year isn’t enough, they wouldn’t change shit.

Communism.

Those hip bones are out of regulation. Feed that girl a cheezburger.

A new gilded age, of course, as planned. The republican party's sociopathy and its base's profound ignorance of history represent an existential crisis.

Not much. It takes quite a while in practice for regulations to get rolled out in the first place, then you figure they're not suddenly going to hose down the hallways and wearing down the elevator cables just because they can.

Sale of stocks that actually have no value would be rampant. When everyone realizes the stocks are worthless, the entire economy will crash.

See: 1929.

nothing, it's too much effort to re regulate everything once the year is out

>eating food makes your bones widen
O-okay user. It's not like genetics determine that or anything...

People with skills or money would make a fortune and get laid a LOT. People without skills would either make a fortune and get laid a LOT, flip burgers at mcdonalds for pennies, or RIP.

Thered be alot going on interms of trade.

Massive reduction in world natural resources.

As far as infrastructure, buildings and such , not much. Except maybe a bunch of shoddy construction and tin roof shacks as store fronts and stuff.

Padding. You want someone to lose an eye, soldier?

Those are male hips

no retard, you hide those eyesores with some meat, preferrably, or fat

Learn to do it yourself from Youtube. I mean, it's not fucking hard to build a house.

So, take away all regulation and we suddenly all turn into niggers and shitskins?

>not just the hips are out of regulation
Faak. Off to Sup Forums for the night

ITT: Retarded commies

The free market regulates itself, if something is dangerous consumers can switch to a safe option. You statist fucks think papa gubmint can magically fix everything for you if you just give it all your freedom and money

Global financial meltdown as every CEO funnels all of his companies money into his own pocket.

>advances 50 years
but no one would be able to afford except the richest of the rich, low and middle income senpaitachi to become peasant serfs

Learn a skill fucktard.

CIA.. knew about Bane.. all along?

>why you commies so stupid for trusting the gubmint!
>the freeeee market will fix every problem, thy will be done!
Praxxxxxxx

Big Government and Big Business reinforce one another. More regulations keep established companies from from fighting better mouse trap builders

>foolish child! if the 99% work hard everyone can be part of the 1%!

Commie, that's what they said about the PC 30 years ago, and the cellphone 20 years ago

Easy solution. Don't suck at shit and be a fucking loser. Git gud. /thread.

Industrial revolution II: electric boogaloo

We start living in the Batman: Beyond universe
youtube.com/watch?v=sMXjtvMAFlI

I didn't say work hard you fucktard. I said learn a skill. Fucking dumbass commies. Too stupid. It's not even fun trolling your asses.

Hehe what a retard.

you're interesting. ;^)

He's, actually, not far off. I mean, pollution would go higher. Work conditions would lower, depending on the skill level and rarity of talent the worker possesses. This isn't really far fetched or retarded. It's how it is.

Not a lot.

There'll be more growth, a lot more small to medium companies starting up as lending increases. Basically we get the 80s again.

ancap paradise

>innovation surges and our technology advances 50 years within that time.

Lol

Corporations don't give a shit about innovation, they care about money.

It's the reason why our Internet infrastructure is such shit in the US. Cable Companies don't want to invest in providing a better profit, better to form a cartel among themselves, split the market, and scalp their customers in tandem.

I swear, people pretend like "they totally know corporations only purpose is to make a profit" without understanding what that means.

>Cable Companies don't want to invest in providing a better profit

Christ, meant "better service".

Generally agree it would be a great boon, ancaps are right HOWEVER they are wrong in one area, and that is the environment would get raped and thats not something I'm okay with

Then someone releases something like Pokemon Go, and they're forced to increase their service. Businesses do business over the internet. The infrastructure will grow. Also, there's not enough competition because ---- Regulation. So, you're actually quoting issues that are occurring in a very regulated business and somehow attributing it to a non-regulated space, making assumptions all the while. You really are making no sense at all here.

America gave the kind of freedom you commies are looking for to blacks in the Antebellum South.

Would you believe that they weren't fans?

This here is also true, innovation probably wouldn't even change much. The biggest innovators would be the startups unchained from regulations though. But yeah , big corps have zero reason to innovate and in fact its within their interest to suppress "disruptive technology". Government has a role in innovation, because even startups are limited in what they can do because of resources.

The environment would survive. There's a LOT more environment out there to rape than they want you to believe. We couldn't make as big of a dent in it as you think.

Organized labor unions.

Also a lot of violence against immigrants.

Sorry but that attitude doesn't work for me. "Theres plenty of rainforest left to clearcut"

>we suddenly all turn into niggers and shitskins?
So...nothing changes?

Dude but even though some building and plumbing and electrical and zoning codes seem to be bullshit.
Alot of them do serve a purpose.

It's true, though. People with no regulation and access to real information that's not laced with propaganda will naturally make the correct decisions when it comes to this. Unskilled labor is the only real casualty in this scenario. I don't much care about unskilled labor. Learning marketable skills is easy for me. I do it all the time. I think that people who can't or don't are shit stains. I don't much care what happens to them. Unless they're cute girls I can fuck.

The commies seem to want this either way, don't they?

How do you explain corporate coverups and fraud?
You assume that corporations will treat a consumer as anything other than potential revenue or profit.
A free market makes it okay for businesses to oppress their people.

no shit

Competition you idiot. Businesses have to worry about their competition. Another business pops up and is nicer to their customers, and they will go out of business.

>Then someone releases something like Pokemon Go, and they're forced to increase their service

Wait, what? How does a game somehow translate into an increased service? Are you mixing analogies or are you trying to imply a company like Google tries to release Fiber Optics to enter the cable market? Because we know from example how that goes down, Google gets thrown out of the market place.

>Also, there's not enough competition because ---- Regulation

I like how unsubstantiated this is, it's really like you're paroting talking points because you've never thought critically about the problem.

It would be like me saying

>Also, the universe is geocentric because ---- flat earth.

Cable companies have what is called an oligopoly. There's a big boy word for you, you should look it up.

In fact, it's the desire to make customers happy that will create poor work conditions and lower salaries. It's how it goes.

Prosperity

You are, legitimately, too stupid to have this conversation with. The oligopoly is sustained by regulation, fucktard. There, I interacted with an idiot on the interwebs, fuck.

Also - to do this point by point - when Pokemon Go came out, it was so popular that wireless companies across the board started adding bigger plans. Google didn't try to enter the cable market, they didn't get thrown out of the market place. They did the google fiber thing in certain places to goad providers into competing with them and offering larger plans. They created a demand, purposefully.

Again. You're just too fucking stupid for this. Stop it. You're embarrassing yourself.

probably nothing since presumably regulations would be back at the end of this "Corporate Purge" year, yeah? The corps wouldn't make major operating changes if they knew it was going to be so short.

We'd be back in the 1900's, living in an Upton Sinclair-type dystonia of squalid living conditions, widespread disease, and child labour.

Regulations exist for a reason, they didn't come out of a clear blue sky.

Many would die in product testing.
Many would die due to lack of workplace safety.
Many children would work in labor and production.
Many bodies of water and national forestland would be cleared or polluted.
Many riots or worker protests would break out.
Many currently standing class action lawsuits would vanish.
Many corporations would move operation and production to already present production centers, as building new ones would take more than a year's time.
Many monopolies would be created out of corporate buyouts or mergers.
Many towns or counties will come under the control of corporations, much like Hersey Town, where the residents live off full reliance to currency The Corporations print.
Many small businesses would wither be bought out entirely or be ran into bankruptcy.
Many terror organizations would be sold weapons without secrecy, and in much greater numbers.
Many companies will adopt markets that were once totally illegal, such as drugs and prostitution.
Many companies will adopt false claims of eco safety, child friendliness, or other good looking titles that may or may not be true to compete with opposing companies.
Many fields that previously had restrictions on production and distribution will make many advancements, such as agriculture and medicine.
Many fields in which have no major restrictions will not make innovation, and at times may actually begin to fall out of popularity. Automation progress will halt due to vastly cheap labor, computing will not make any greater advancements than it usually would.
Many, if not most people will fall below the poverty line due to low pay and sudden layoffs.
Many things would likely change, but many of them would likely not be good.

That's what you're to believe, sure.

Also, today we have the internet, full of great stuff. I would live like a king in a dystop...

Dafuq? Dystonia... ROFL... I took you seriously for 5 seconds, then... BAKA...

You would make a profit. Because you cut out the middleman.

I'm guessing in an ancap society, the existence of comcast and at&t won't be such an issue? I don't think they will triple prices. You'll get a lot of angry goys rejecting the internet and setting up local area connections. Right?

Ah, you got me. Nice catch.
English isn't my first language, so bear with me.

weapons sale will skyrocket.

>The oligopoly is sustained by regulation, fucktard

Please, O Enlightened One, explain in terms simple enough for my feeble mind to comprehend the wisdom of this grand statement.

>Google didn't try to enter the cable market

This seems like a pretty big claim, could I get a source as to where you read that Google deliberately never planned to enter the Internet service provider market?

Depends on who you are, right? My children wouldn't work. I wouldn't have many problems, other than having to set up some turrets for home defense, maybe? A lot of that crap can be avoided. The biggest victims are unskilled labor, and children with shitty parents. The rest will be better off for the most part.

That's certainly right.
Many kids would still be made to work though.

Fair... I deal with enough people for whom English is a second language, I can let that pass.

To me, the answer to this is simple. Learn a skill. Take the time. Get good at it. If you're good at something, people will pay you to do it. The better you are, the more money you make.

Once you get really good at one thing, branch out. It's easy now, information is everywhere. Your second skill comes easier than the first, and they just keep getting easier after that. I, honestly, wish things were hard to do again like they used to be. I miss the challenge.

There ya guess it, why exactly ancaps are wrong

what the fuck is the point of this thread OP? to shitpost hard or continue pitting opposing groups against each other
>what would happen in this scenario that will never happen
fuck you faggot

Where are the parents? They shouldn't have had kids if they were that poor. Anyways this is great. Soft eugenics. Lot of suffering in the beginning but the market will settle and progress can't stopped.

Still would

Dunno, spoke with someone high up at Google when they were first deploying Google fiber. Can't give you more than that. Do sum research.

Telecommunications companies are major lobbyists, they are sustained by regulation. Competition is severely limited because of this. There are local, county, municipal, state, and federal regulations and deals that protect and regulate these companies. Look them up. There's a whole FTC to manage most of them.

The parents are still there, probably working less than minimum wage.

Holy shit that place has to be nuked clean

And the difference between you and me is who we think should suffer for their lack of ability, laziness, or whatever it is that causes them to suck so bad and pass that suckiness on to future generations.

Thats what sucks about too much knowledge on hand everywhere because pajeet from across the ocean would learn a skill and do it for practically free.

I've never understood that mentality. I'm for free information sharing. You're either good or you suck. If you have to depend on not telling people your 'trade secrets' to be successful, then you probably suck.

Do you think all jobs will be paid less than minimum wage? Are there going to be no charities? Either way everything is going to deflate, we're going to see community sprung social services and the development of a new government. Those that shouldn't be alive, will die and the system will work better.

The trouble is though that most people don't have the drive or even the capability to learn a new skill. I'm sure it's the same in the US: there are so many people who grumble about their current sub-par life situation, without doing anything to change. It's so frustrating, and I don't understand the people who think this way.

Nonetheless,perhaps I'm too soft, but laziness shouldn't necessarily be a death sentence in this day and age. We're not animals. If your way of thinking were carried out, there would be certain groups of people who would be permanently marginalised if not killed off entirely. That can't be good for any society.

I'm Libertarian actually, and think regulation should be carried out at a minimum possible level. However a true 'libertarian paradise' would require a complete renaissance of thinking from within both leadership and the general populace. That's not likely to happen anywhere in the world anytime soon.

>Dunno, spoke with someone high up at Google when they were first deploying Google fiber. Can't give you more than that. Do sum research.

So you have a personal anecdote without any publicly available sources. Nice.

>Telecommunications companies are major lobbyists, they are sustained by regulation. Competition is severely limited because of this. There are local, county, municipal, state, and federal regulations and deals that protect and regulate these companies. Look them up. There's a whole FTC to manage most of them.

Government corruption is a whole other can of worms, but I think our problem is one of perspective.

What I see in the described scenario is a failure to uphold the spirit of regulations, which is to enforce fair competition and safeguard public interest. While your purported solution is to get rid of regulations in their entirety, is there any mechanism in this sytem that would still prevent the arising of monopolies and the like?

What would stop cable companies from, say, merging into one entity like Bell Systems and crushing any new competition to the market?

I hear ya. I, honestly, don't like seeing people die of their own laziness. I get you there, but at the same time, look what happened under Obama? You give them an inch because you feel bad, and they take a mile. Then they lord it over you and wave it in your face, and tell you that you're the piece of shit.

What do you want, man? The problem is always 2. 2 much of this, 2 little of that... However, some things are hard to take to the point that watching a few people die of their own doing doesn't seem so bad.

They'll definitely change when there's no food.

Meh, like I said, you're too stupid to have this conversation with. I indulged you way further than you deserve. Take it up with someone else :D.

FWell for one we would be richer. A study (along with several others that find similar results) found that federal regulations have made us 75% poorer.
www4.ncsu.edu/~jjseater/regulationandgrowth.pdf

>You give them an inch because you feel bad, and they take a mile.
Hmm, I'm not at all well-versed in burger politics, could you give me a specific example of this?

I can definitely relate though with our supposedly marganalised peoples. We get our fair share of Muslims and poos, and they're about the most ungrateful and clannish sods you could imagine despite getting moderately generous handouts.

Well, at least in Burgerland they'd probably riot until there's nothing left.

Then die of starvation or gunshot wounds.

>S-shit, I don't have a solution for monopolies without regulation
>Better call him stupid and back the fuck out of this conversation

I respect your intellectual honesty, whatever helps your self-esteem.

PS I've got to take the train home, so I'm probably going to post from a different ID.

Have you been told that from your parents? There has to be a source for you dismissing people. It's not a healthy mindset because this limits information to people who can comprehend it and I doubt a society can function like this.

Well, even look at the feminazis - check your privilege? Wtf? Seriously?

What we're talking about here is to give up some of our happiness and wealth to save people's lives, right? But, when those people who's lives you save shit all over you after? What are you supposed to do? Take it?

You give people things outright, from the government, and they feel entitled to it. They feel like they deserve it, then they feel like they're owed it. It's not treated like a favor, or help. There's no gratitude. Nothing, just, give me my stuff! Meanwhile that stuff saved their life, and was given because we cared. That care is thrown back in our faces. It's just not a system that works.

It's like saving someone's life, then having him kick you in the face for it afterwards. I mean, what's the point?

He said regulations are the things that limit new markets. Take example of the FDA who doesn't let new drugs to enter so easily into the market.

Essentially I believe that there is a function where if a company is too corrupt, word will spread out and create change.