All fedora memes aside, what is your honest opinion on Richard Dawkins?

All fedora memes aside, what is your honest opinion on Richard Dawkins?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gW7607YiBso
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4433422/Oxford-University-says-avoiding-eye-contact-racist.html
rintintin.colorado.edu/~vancecd/phil3600/Craig.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>(((Atheist)))

He's a Jewish shill clearly. Jews invented Atheism.

He's a mediocre pseudo-intellectual poseur and a prize hypocrite to boot.

Nigger-tier atheist.

top tier troll of liberals on twitter.

When I was younger I thought a good fall-back option for a career would be a "celebrity atheist" but these days there's no market for it.

Good at biology, shit at everything else. I'd recommend The Selfish Gene as a must read to anyone, but The God Delusion is the most embarrassing thing I've ever read, and I'm saying that as an atheist.

he got molested as a child and couldnt be a proper faggot because hes posh so he became an atheist instead

this. also I like his trolling.

very respectable evolutionary biologist

at best mediocre philosopher

Just some Jewish tool, used and discarded

Bluepilled. Next.

a tosser, when Sup Forums first started we fucking hated him. he is still a tosser but at least he is becoming somewhat likeable.

oh yeh, if you really want to get under his skin, ask him why he still lives on a large slavers estate. Yep you heard right, he lives on a large estate paid for by slavery.

no, meme is bullshit science

I bet he'd be a based grandpa
youtube.com/watch?v=gW7607YiBso

yeh i heard about that too, but he said something on the lines that it wasn't the worst thing to happen to people or something. so he triggered lots of people.

nah extended phenotype is better,

Religion isn't solely spiritual. He worships science and he's a hypocrite.

>He promoted some helpful literature about Game Theory and how to set up situations that are a positive sum game and encourage people to cooperate
>He believes in the Panspermia theory now which has been pushed for a while now in pop culture and media of all kinds, and is a reference to a long held belief that Elite have about themselves and sometime actual other world beings
>Bashes Christianity a lot, but at least he doesn't support moderate Jihadis openly.
>Still don't like him

>we are all african
I bet he'll change his mind when a mob of kangz dent his skull for white washing their glorious past

he later gave a non-apology

confirmed for eugenics!

At least he's not afraid to talk shit on islam as well.

I don't see anything wrong with him, smart guy who believes in evolution and rejects idea of god

that t-shirt was debunked with recent studies top fucking kek Science btfo you atheist piece of shit

It's good that he exists, its bad people hang on his words like a preacher
>tfw too smart to beleive the dogma of christcucks or fedora tippers

he treads on it, if he went on islam like he does with Christianity, he'd need police protection

But Jews also invented Christianity.

He should stick to biology, he's too much of a cuck to be honest about political/societal issues.

Evangelicals are cunts regardless of creed. You can be an atheist without being a smug asshole about it.

All three are interrelated

Sadly most neckbeards are atheist because it's the edgy thing to do and give the real philosophical atheist a bad name

Outside of science:

Anti-Islam +1
Pro-EU -1
Bagged Lalla Ward +1

Are we all Afrincans still? I read the other day that Europe was the birthplace of mankind

Fantastic science educator, read The Selfish Gene if you haven't. He also BTFO Ahmed the clock boy and Rebecca Watson, and doesn't subscribe to whatever the latest liberal dogma tells him to, which makes him great in my book.
>mediocre pseudo-intellectual
I wonder how many "pseudo-intellectual" professors work at Oxford?

he is a good man with good intentions but now he is too senile to function

My man.

>I wonder how many "pseudo-intellectual" professors work at Oxford?
Nowadays, probably more than anybody can imagine.
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4433422/Oxford-University-says-avoiding-eye-contact-racist.html

>embarrassing thing I've ever read

You completely failed to refute a single word he ever wrote. Does anyone in this thread have a real argument?

Someone should make pic with two buttons and a crusader.

Most scientist are pro-eugenics, it's just a little bit uncomfortable to talk about this.

fpbp

>t. neckbeard fedora

my only argument to dawkins 'god delusion' is the one posed in 'the absurdity without god'. i really reccomend you read it if you want serious arguments

rintintin.colorado.edu/~vancecd/phil3600/Craig.pdf

both must reads. dawkins is yet to address Dr. craigs work

>Ancient Greeks were Jews

>>t.

You faggot.

I feel like he was very indoctrinated and bluepilled when he wrote things like The God Delusion, but now as he's got older he's extremely redpilled, and regretful of some of the things he has done.

If we are all africans why they blame when we colonize?

>craig

A fucking creationist and zionist. How embarrassing for you.

>atheism life has no ultimate meaning, value, or purpose

What a stupid and easy to disprove statement right in the sub-title.

>He said he had been raised on the farm and was used to seeing the animals being born and dying. Death was for him simply natural—a part of life, so to speak. I was puzzled by how different our two perspectives on death were and found it difficult to understand why he did not feel the threat of non-being.

Because he's not a fucking coward like the navel gazing Craig is. Page one is Craig bashing biology. He hates nature and worships the supernatural. Page two he shows his cowardice. He's terrified of dying and wants his soul to be immortal. These are your "serious arguments"? user, you are easily impressed by appeals to emotion.

Of course we are

He's an asshole, and this is coming from an atheist.

>He fell for the out of Africa meme!

go back to bed dawkins.

>being triggered by being called triggered

kek the ride never ends. congrats on being a triggered snowflake.

He's too nice to his opponents.

Atheist scum.

Faggot shirt too.

source?

If you are christian, get off this board right fucking now. your childish beliefs show your low level of intellect. You are not qualified to talk about important political issues,

I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE LOL XD

thanks for proving my point

sure thing

At least you admit that you are a faggot.

I find it amusing that he's basically Sup Forums tier red pilled on race and religion, yet continues desperately to cling to the left, even while they spit on him.

Poor old bastard.

>right-wing
>hates Islam
>condemns Jews for misanthropy
>hostile to multiculturalism
>says Islam is the greatest evil on the planet
>says that races are unequal on an evolutionary basis
>says that western society is inherently superior to others
>hates feminism
>is hostile to the whole idea of "hate crimes"
>wrote an article in 1998 warning about why "privilege" was bullshit
>regularly attacks postmodernism and social justice bullshit in academia
>believes that it's natural and healthy to feel close to your own race
>tells people that white pride does not mean you hate all non-whites

But everyone on this board hates him because MUH JEEBUS.

As a non-religious person myself, who fits some definitions of "atheist", but rarely self identifies that way, I don't really much like Richard Dawkins.

He's said some pretty interesting and insightful things here and there, sure, and has of course made plenty of worthwhile contributions in his field, but I don't really care for his social commentary or attitude in general, past or present.

He's reasonable enough to acknowledge that islam is the worst of religions which is rare for (((mainstream))) atheists.
I also like the selfish gene theory and I'm pretty sure that entire Sup Forums is heavily influenced by it.
If he ever realizes that attacking christianity (or any religion besides islam and judaism for that matter) is a waste of time in current year +2 he'll be ok in my book.

No. He literally said;

>Race Is Real

followed by

>But it doesn't matter

He invented memes.

He's integral to Sup Forums

>hostile to multiculturalism
i have never seen this desu, source?

>He's reasonable enough to acknowledge that islam is the worst of religions which is rare for (((mainstream))) atheists.
Could you please give me a list of mainstream atheists that don't acknowledge that islam is the worst of religions?

the constant infighting and splitting hairs over things that make piss all difference in the face of the dark hordes to the south really make me want to leave pol and never come back

He was once a respectable scientist and then got mad at God that his mom died of cancer and turned into a bumbling autistic sperglord who couldn't publish a decent book, paper, or article without tipping his fedora and sucking Jew cock.

>triggered christfags
This is fucking sad and hilarious at the same time

Richard Dawkins is an alright guy, but his importance has been exaggerated by retarded reddit types because he has a British accent.
He is kind of like Neil Degreasy Tyson of atheism. He is just a biologist. His work is pretty boring. He lost all his relevance the moment it stopped being shocking to say that you don't believe in a god.

I want to see that debate between him and Jordan Peterson
>inb4 hurr like that Sam Harris debate where he wouldn't shut up about "truth"
He's either not going to ever do it or he'll just hit a similar wall that he did with Harris

You say all memes aside yet you use a picture of him with a contraversial statement on his t-shirt. It seems like you do not really intend to incite an "honest" opinion from the people on this Vietnamese basket weaving board.

Redpilled but hedging. He knows the truth and is claiming it doesn't matter so he can avoid being completely pilloried by the left.

MAXIMUM OVERTIP

>>atheism life has no ultimate meaning, value, or purpose
>What a stupid and easy to disprove statement right in the sub-title.

ok, disprove it

>user, you are easily impressed by appeals to emotion.

kek, as apposed to yourself? just lmao at how salty athiests are on this board. you truly are the most joyless people

Stop lying using green text. He said it does matter. Here's a real quote.

He lost a debate to Shmuley Boteach back in '98 IIRC and he refused to debate him again IIRC.

If you mean "professional" atheists only like Dawkins, Dennet, Hitchens or Harris then I agree that most of them acknowledge the evil of islam.
However your average atheist present in the media, academia or politics will fiercely defend islam.
Pope Francis comes to mind, kek.

He's irrelevant to me. I have more important enemies to worry about.

>However your average atheist present in the media, academia or politics will fiercely defend islam.
I can't think of one relevant person that is an atheist and an islam apologists. Unless you mean retarded leftists, but in no way can they be call "mainstream atheists".

I think this is separate from people's views on the existence of god.
In my country, over 80% or so are defacto atheists, "cultural Christians", as Dawkins himself puts it. And a vast majority of them view Islam as the worst thing out there. Try the same in liberal US West Coast, where there are also many atheists. There it is a "religion of peace", regardless of their personal beliefs.
The core of the issue is multiculti and political correctness rather than atheism/theism.

"t." doesn't mean triggered you stupid newfag.

"If Dawkins was wiser, he would have been Carl Jung"
-Jordan Peterson

Hes a cheeky cunt

>Carl Jung
who even is this man he talks about him all the time

No one but christcuck LARPers care what that intellectual fraud and charlatan says or thinks.

I am not african.

>who even is this man he talks about him all the time
people like you drove Anders to insanity

In all seriousness, everything that can be said about the atheism vs apologetics/creationists debate was said years ago. We finally get a breath of fresh air with Peterson. I think he manages to explain religion exceptionally within the context of evolution, and it's made me appreciate the utility of religion a lot.

Jung was a psychoanalyst who talked about archetypes, the collective uncoscious and such stuff. All I've learned about Jung, I've learned from Peterson though.

>implying that what he's saying is new

this is literally entry level psychology material that you are completely unaware of

The Selfish Gene was an absolutely elegant idea and a brilliant book. The extended phenotype was a fantastic hypothesis that extended the ideas of the selfish gene. The blind watchmaker is also fantastic. His other books on evobio are also great although not as groundbreaking. The god delusion is cringe, I agree, but it owns christians. I still wish he never wrote it so that when i mention Dawkins people don't immediately think of fedoras

I just did. Look at the picture I posted. Animals are smarter than you and Craig.

>kek, as apposed to yourself?

Yes. I can prove evolution.

Name the book where Craig presents evidence for any of his many bullshit assumptions. Or better yet, forget the book and just post his evidence here and now. Impress us. Here's a hint. Talking isn't evidence. Your navel gazing theologist has absolutely nothing to teach the farmer in his essay. If Craig was smart, then he would quit teaching and go work for the farmer on his farm. Craig needs to be taught about common sense and the real world outside of his ivory tower, instead of wasting people’s time with his meandering musings. Then maybe he will accomplish something useful in life, like cleaning a barn.

Out of Africa was what the scientific data said at the time, eg when he wrote The Ancestor's Tale. Now that new anthropological data found earliest humans in europe, the genetics data will follow and he will revise his position

wow great arguments user

Christianity predates rabbinical judaism, nigger

Well it's not, but it wasn't even in the discussion for the past decades. Peterson's greatest work is really taking from every possible source and extracting out what's essential. He's managed to compile a pretty good description of the human condition.