Tfw you wish god was real but you know in your heart of hearts that he isn't

tfw you wish god was real but you know in your heart of hearts that he isn't

Other urls found in this thread:

kriegman.com/business/fuller.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

its exactly the opposite tho

>2017
>being blue-pilled

Honestly, the idea of God is not appealing to me. Well, at least the one depicted in the Abrahamic religions. He's kind of an asshole.

It bothers me out when people on here don't understand. They seem to think that I do not want to take responsibility for my actions, that I want to live without consequences and reject the idea of a god. Truth is I really do wish he were real and the afterlife as well. When I lost my faith and realized the fruitlessness of it all and that I would simply stop someday, along with my brother and family I spent several months extremely depressed. Eventually that goes numb though and life goes on until it doesn't.

God may be real, but is not what he is claimed to be, not even close. Definitely would be internal, Jung says libido is the divine in man. Evolution is irrefutable. Commitment to truth is increasingly blackmailed and nihilistic.

If God is everything... God is good and evil.

>hes only ever known the abrahamic gods
>has never looked into different theologies and ways of thinking
>becomes a nihilist

what a fucking retard nigger mind HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHA

dont worry about it just keep buying shit to satisfy your empty husk of a meaningless life. BUY BUY BUY BUY WATCH A MOVIE

>2017
>buying the Razer meme

read plotinus

This.

(((God)))

My life has improved drastically since I've started praying every now and then and even being open to the idea of God existing. It's great. Christians on the internet are mostly good again now that the fedora meme posting revivalist types are gone.

There could be some god that simply doesn't interact with mankind. Not the Abrahamic one, clearly.
I think the universe was created for some other lifeform in a galaxy very far away from ours. The creatures in that galaxy were the main characters, but maybe something happened and they were all wiped out. Then we came along, either because the god wanted there to continue to be life or by complete accident. We are all aliens. Who knows, maybe we are the reincarnations of the people who lived in that distant galaxy and will be reincarnated again when Earth life is wiped out.

>Truth is I really do wish he were real and the afterlife as well

That's your basic problem right there. Your faith was a hollow mockery of deeper truth. Only by knowing the cold logic of good and the will to fight for it in a faithless universe will you know the face of god

>french beret
>insignia on the left
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yeah but Jung liked to spank his insane Jewess patients so he might have been somewhat partial on that issue.

Why because he said 'no fags' user?

This. And then you read Aquinas and it gets even better.

If all you're doing is ignoring it, you're doing it wrong. It can get better than numbness. I eventually found a reason for life and kept going. Other people find different rationalizations for living. Some return back to faith. I don't blame them, either.

Existential dread is something that seems truly insurmountable, but can be beaten.

DO NOT REPLY TO SLIDE THREADS WITHOUT SAGE

>all things need a creator, so we must have a God
>God doesn't need a creator tho

>flagfag tells me what to do
Fuck off newfag

>Truth is I really do wish he were real and the afterlife as well.
Your problem is that you think faith means belief. Faith does not mean belief. It means trust and hope. As long as you do not lose hope completely, and fall into despair completely, then you have faith and eternal life shall be yours.

Read some Kierkegaard you dumb niggers

>Aquinas
>the man who wrote a bunch of nonsense contradictions and called them "proofs"
Why are Christfags so retarded?

I want to bully Maho.

>literally just Pascal's wager
He's said probably one of the better existentialists because he actually offers a solution, but it's not very good either.

This.
>everything needs a creator except God, so God must be eternal and real
>also this somehow proves Christianity

you dont know

checkmate

>As long as you do not lose hope completely, and fall into despair completely, then you have faith and eternal life shall be yours.

No, if you torturemurder kids in a pizza basement, are complicit to the torturemurder kids in a pizza basement or cover up for torturemurder of kids in a pizza basement, you definitely are not surviving Bardo and the ineffable beyond

Just a heads up, errybody

tfw u are a god

He's very real, but in a bit of a pickle right now. Jesus is basically being a feelsy faggot, and Michael isn't being allowed to do his job and assume the more-or-less empty mantle of God. Should change in the coming decades I wager, especially with the catholic church fucking up and being cucks lately with this new jesus-appointed pope.

Hang in there laddo, it'll all be righted soon. In the meantime, respect the sun and don't be a fucking degenerate

>tfw no moralfag "laws" I need to follow
>tfw everything is fair

Couldn't have asked to be born in a better scenario

We're still here but we kinda got bored of our own meme.

Read the book and not the wikipedia page maybe, absolute faith is more than just game theory and hedging your bets

>evolution is irrefutable
Evolution is an outdated XIX century concept. Read some Buckminster Fuller. Here you go: kriegman.com/business/fuller.html

Matt 18:3
>"Truly I tell you," He said, "unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven..."

>Jesus is basically being a feelsy faggot

No, Marduk is actually in space killing the rest of the deus-engine's breakaway civilizations. Enlil forbade himself to ever act and as for the Spirit,

kek is with us as we speak

>muh kierkegaard
Already read him. He admits that reason alone isn't enough to arrive at faith--you need to make a leap.

I don't feel like it. I'd rather be a sound of mind hedonist.

pic unrelated

"Become open to everything(specifically the things I say), or else you'll be tortured forever!"

The Babylonian occupation was a mistake, the jewboys never got over it

I completely agree with you.

>muh kierkegaard
>Already read him. He admits that reason alone isn't enough to arrive at faith--you need to make a leap.

People don't believe until they decide to? Well, no shit? How did dialectical materialism manage to gender-confuse christians in a whole different century?

Christians still exist online but the revivalist types are a small minority and they don't have the momentum they did before, thank God. /christian/ was a very good board but I'm trying to quit the chans now.

>People don't believe until they decide to? Well, no shit?
I meant to say, there's no reasonable and convincing argument to be made for belief. That's to say, there's no reason to believe in a God/afterlife.

fpbp

How do you expect to find the creator of everything in everything he created?

Looking for god using logic created by god, looking for something invisible.

We are like robots using the programmers code to determine whether the programmer is real or not.

God is a paradox, and everyone who thinks they "know", are diluted.

hedonism is literally cancer, though. That's the whole problem. We need religion to dissuade from hedonism, which destroys societies:

The inherent problem with the "God question" - and it's a huge problem - is that we human beings do not have enough insight to even answer the question of why we exist in the first place. Human beings are hubristic in this sense. Religious people claim that they can know God, get at the same time they lack the ability to even understand the simple question of why they are alive in the first place. In fact, this is one of my stock arguments I have whenever I talk about issues like this. I simply ask the other person do they ever think about existence in its entirety? Why are we here? No one knows. No one even knows where consciousness resides. These more simple questions (or in actual fact not very simple questions at all) would logically need to be answered by human beings before they can get to the level of understanding of who and what their creator is. We may have been created by aliens. We may have been created by some God. But at this stage of the game we lack the sophistication and insight to even understand why we are here in the first place. It's probably a good idea to stick to the simpler questions before moving on to the harder stuff.

Good goy

Well as a semi-believer I find it disturbing how Christians and their defenders get so upset when people talk like you. It's not wrong to point out how arrogant and flawed humans can be. Anybody that gets so reflexively offended by such criticisms are only like that because it reminds them of their own flaws.