Why do millennials shop online instead of shopping locally to support their community?

Why do millennials shop online instead of shopping locally to support their community?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7xXHxlMdfCE
youtube.com/watch?v=XHKUn6vzOKE
youtu.be/RWW7kxECLrM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The foremost NEET expert on the Internet is Black Adam:

youtu.be/7xXHxlMdfCE

youtube.com/watch?v=XHKUn6vzOKE

youtu.be/RWW7kxECLrM

>death to neets

Because it's cheaper you dumb fuck. Why would I buy a book at Barnes and Noble for $40 when it's $20 on Amazon and sometimes even cheaper on their company website?

Niggers

Because shopping online is better in many ways that shopping locally isn't.

Besides, if you want to support your community by shopping locally, you'll really need to shop where your local community is. Basically a farmers market because people outside and inside a big ass city will work inside a Walmart.

Basically, you don't support your local community if you shop "locally".

also i can buy shit from my phone without putting on pants. I have 1k games on steam but I would not have bought 90% of them if I had to go to a store

Why does ANYONE shop online rather than shop local?
The same reason they invent a new thing every day to make life easier and more lazy... CONVENIENCE.
If someone has the choice of not having to leave the house and have shit delivered to your door, or paying money for public transport/petrol/having to walk miles to get the same thing (at a cost which is more expensive), 9 times out of 10 people will choose the option that saves them money and hassle.

Don't have to pay for gas, waste time, risk dying to dumb driver, seeing amerifats, everything is cheaper online.

BECAUSE IF I DON'T LIKE WHAT I BOUGHT I HAVE 30 DAYS TO GET MY MONEY BACK NO QUESTIONS ASKED

What community? There are no communities in the US anymore. The community shopping and marketplace was destroyed by negrofication and immigration.

Only people who shop are boomers with their 72 month payment on a Mercedes parked outside a Walmart.

Don't get stuck at red lights shopping online.

Why do local businesses refuse to catch up with the times and allow us to order online? Are we really going to keep pretending it's hard to set up a website or app for a business?

Oh another episode of What's the Deal with Millennials!

Someday people will realize when there's a whole generation almost outright refusing to participate in the system in place then there might be an issue with that system.

I think this has become a big problem and a reason why a majority of millenials do not own property or anything else with equity. The ability to spend money so easily has created a class that immediately consumes rather than saves for larger purchases. This is also caused by the social-media/"everything-right-now" subversion. Instant gratification has given us a society of poor people who blame someone else when they do not instantly get what they want.

>support their community
What community?

That's right, nicely summed up.

I can see that. The only reason I own a house is because I inherited one from my grandpa when he died. I know girls who pay $1000 for EDC tickets but still pay the landlord jew

they local city with sales tax

millennials are pussies

Fuck you.

The only thing I've ever bought online is drugs.

Seriously is this an automated bot? Who the fuck keeps making these

>Why do millenials

threads

because fuck capitalism omg amirite

*posted from my imac 10.0*

>edm concerts
degenerate women go to these just to slut out and get easy drugs+dick. Many of my friends go to concerts routinely, paying so much money. So completely not worth it. Total waste of money. The "concert experience" is a total meme, it's too loud and the quality is never as good as a studio produced song. Going to concerts to see your "fave artist" is just being a cuck.

autism

realistically; where you live, how long would it take before you could get your own house. if pappy hadn't kicked the bucket and gifted you one?

Online is tax free eurobro.

Maybe if shopping locally made sense economically millenials would do it. If local shops can't even compete with Walmart in convenience, why do they even exist? I'd be willing to pay the extra overnight fee I'd be paying to local shops if they actually bothered to make things easy to find. It can't be too difficult to have an online shop where I can order/pickup the same day.

Because local stores never have what you need. I just waste my time driving in circles looking for what I need (not to mention waste gas too). The Barnes and Noble example posted earlier is a good example. The store never has the edition I'm looking for so I go on Amazon and get it there while I save money.

it depends I make 30k a year and the house is worth ~350k. If I saved 10k a year it would have taken me like 10 years to make a downpayment then I would have had to get a mortgage.

The poorfag houses around here go for like $150k

> buying games

What are you, some sort of faggot?

Why do retards make these same posts every fucking day with pictures of the ugliest millennial of all time Soe?

Shopping "locally"... What the fuck does that even mean anymore? The only people I know who shop at thrift stores are dirty liberals that refuse to shave, including women. Die from erotic asphyxiation and forever be happy in whatever shithole of an ether you came from.

Because some things you can literally only find online. Also, I don't have a fucking farmer's market within walking distance. If I did, I'd probably be there every other day.

No it's not.

Jesus holy shit, 1k? I would gather, then, that you also cannot AFFORD pants? Why the fuck do you need a thousand fucking games?

Is it possible to live off 20k?

and that's without inflation or and big life changes too.

Crazy to think you could be a plumber and have kids and a wife that didn't work and still get a home eventually. not now.

>why a majority of millenials do not own property
>This bullshit again
You fucking retards need to grasp something - there are TIERS of affordability. Houses are not on the same level as steam games and avocados. I'm sorry your argument is shit, but I'm sure you can find a new one.

>"Why do millenials".."Why are millenials".."Why will millenials"..
>some Soe Penski pic
>Leaf, now hiding behind UN flag

We have this shit every day. Stop it.

I only shop at eBay or Wal mart dot com

Most things I can buy locally, although I hate going to Lowes.. millennials must hate being around random people. weirdos

because i can't afford to leave my mom's house-- cheaper just to order online

>Eating bread
>It even has condiments on it!
See, this is why millennials can't buy houses.

living in singapore i dont have this dilemma.
everything is imported

Niggers probably

I would probably have to get roomates if I didnt have my house, although plumbers can still make bank if they work with a union and get certs

pussy

all my local stores are chain shops

I was a teenage when humble bundle came around and I never thought buying a $1 every month or so would snowball into my steamlist today

guess sparkys and plumbers are still a necessary trade

call outs and emergency hours etc

Because when you're 6'4" and athletically built it's impossible to find fucking clothes that fit properly. Now that almost everyone in America is a Spic, and almost everyone in Canada is a Chink or PooLoo, finding sizes for men above 5'10" is impossible in brick and mortar stores.

I'm forced to shop online.

Because in the last 15 years Spanish people have taken over my area and the stores quality has dropped over 1500%. I either order online or drive 10 miles to a rich White neighborhood to go to a store that doesn't reek of dirt and vomit.

> Houses are not on the same level as steam games and avocados.
No shit. But if you keep spending all of your money on stupid garbage like steam games and avocados, then you'll never afford a house.

sup fellow XL-T bro

>t. fat neckbeard

Because I can never find what I'm looking for when I go into a store. I'll look it up online first, but when I go into a store, the selection is next to nill. Plus it's way cheaper to buy Gundam kits online than go to a Hobby town that has no stock marked up at 1.5 times the price

Good points. Still think that stagnating wages despite constant inflation is the main difference in purchasing power

Because I live in Hawaii and they don't carry shit?

is the burglary rate their as high as some people say? or all depend on the island and location?

I could literally buy all the avocados and steam games I could possibly want. It still wouldn't equal the price of even a shitty house.

NO. They are NOT related. Drop it, you insufferable retards. That's a propagandistic talking point, not a part of reality.

Aside from a few awful boomer-run restaurants and the farmers' market, basically everything is a chain. Buying local is literally impossible, around here anyway.

>Why do millennials shop online instead of shopping locally to support their community?

why does anybody?

Well, the system reinforces and perpetuates itself if left undisturbed by war. Do you really think the schools will end the participation=winner, go to college=success, and the everyone is equal memes on their own?

THANK YOU
someone else who gets it

Depends where you live.

But yeah, I wouldn't leave shit outside, car doors unlocked, etc.

Mostly homeless meth-heads looking for change and shit. Haven't had my shit broken into though (only been here a couple years now)

Bingo

are the hobos natives or is it really true other states will buy one way tickets for bums as a of getting rid of them

Because if you stay at home you don't run the risk of running into loud obnoxious niggers, risk getting snackbarred by a pedo worshipper, or deal with a a greasy spic who can't even attempt to speak the language of the country they snuck into.

>Well, the system reinforces and perpetuates itself if left undisturbed by war.
redpill

It's about equal, but there are a lot more white hobos than there should be, given demographics.

What community? There hasnt been a community since the 90s.

>I think this has become a big problem and a reason why a majority of millenials do not own property or anything else with equity.

It has nothing to do with pants or going outside. It has everything to do with monetary policy.

>Tfw you will never get to put a deer in a chokehold

We Sup Forums nao

This. People only go to gigantic shopping malls now, and the smaller ones have all died.

But you don't pay for a house in a lump sum, dumbass. It's not that dropping avocados will pay for your house, it's the attitude with which you treat your money. In a world where expenses are calculated monthly instead of sum payments, the money you spend on luxuries every month is what stops you from owning land. You also probably live somewhere with expensive real estate rather than a place with dirt cheap real estate. You can afford a house, you're just too much of a pretentious faggot to admit that most of your paycheck goes to buy things you can live without.

>You also probably live somewhere with expensive real estate rather than a place with dirt cheap real estate

this isn't something most people have any power over. relocating is expensive, first of all, and the reason why land is dirt cheap in certain parts of the country is because they are blighted to all hell and there are no jobs in those places. so unless you're working from home 100% or have one of the handful of jobs you can do anywhere, people don't exactly get to choose where they live

I'm going to disagree with you. Maybe the job you want isn't there, but there are always jobs. You could live in a Podunk town, get a job, and buy a house on a loan. You would need enough for the down payment and the move, that's it. You could easily save that much by giving up luxuries like fucking steam games and avocados.

>BUY LOCAL user!
>FORGET THAT I DON'T SOURCE ANYTHING I MAKE OR SELL LOCALLY, THAT'S TOO EXPENSIVE
>ALSO FORGET THAT I AVOID TAXES WHEREVER POSSIBLE
>THIS IS GOOD FOR MY BANK ACC- I MEAN OUR LOCAL ECONOMY!

>But you don't pay for a house in a lump sum, dumbass.
And you claim to be wise with money. If you have any fucking sense, then yes, you absolutely fucking do. But aside from that you clearly don't understand how a mortgage works. You need 20% or more of the value of the house as a down-payment. Additionally, the price of a few steam games or avacodos or whatever other pet stupid excuse capitalist morons want to use NEVER equal the cost of a mortgage payment. I don't know WHAT the fuck you idiots think you're talking about.

>attitude
Stop this fucking horseshit. It's not true. It has never BEEN true. It will never BE true. There is no "poor people attitude". They simply have less money. Most of this is determined by two things: how much money you were born into and how shit your country is for opportunity. Despite rhetoric, America is NOT a land of opportunity AT ALL.

>You also probably live somewhere with expensive real estate rather than a place with dirt cheap real estate.
You mean like everywhere? Again, despite the rhetoric land is NOT cheap. Even empty land with absolutely no built-in infrastructure. Less than an acre easily goes for several tens of thousands of dollars just about anywhere in America outside of the mostly depopulated areas.

Seriously, why in the fuck are capitalists always the ones who know the least about financial issues? It's like republicans continually claiming they're good with the economy, yet every single time they get in power they wreck the shit out of any economy they've got power over.

>most of your paycheck goes to buy things you can live without.
This is true of pretty much nobody. And I find it strange that anyone can contort their mind to believe it. Simple math would instantly dispel such a fucking retarded viewpoint. Most of anyone's income, if they're not rich, goes towards rent, utilities, food, gas, insurance etc. In fact, the funny thing is, this is literally ONLY true of the rich.

>WHO CARES IF YOU CAN BUY THE SAME PRODUCT I CARRY FOR %30 LESS THAN I SELL?
>I HAVE TO MARK IT UP TO MAKE A PROFIT
>YOU MUST BUY FROM ME BECAUSE IT HELPS OUR ECONOMY
>NO, IT DOESN'T HELP OUR ECONOMY WHEN YOU HAVE MORE MONEY FROM BUYING CHEAPER ONLINE TO PUT INTO OUR ECONOMY
>PLEASE BUY CHINESE LAMPS FROM MY LAMP STORE

You've provided no actual proof of anything? Also, there's plenty of cheap land if you want to own it. Look at rural Utah, where you can buy a house fully built, with all amenities for $90,000. And that's a full house. So that's a bunch of made up bullshit.

If you pay $8.00 for an avocado, and your steam library is an average of $20.00 per game, you're wasting money that could go to savings. I make $11.00 an hour and I have enough saved to make a down payment on my home. I'm completely independent. I live on home cooked meals with cheap ingredients, and sometimes I eat leftovers of my home cooked meals. I spend $1000 of my monthly ~$1500 income on stuff, and I'm not even trying to save. I walk to work. I don't eat out. I don't buy games, or consoles. I have a cheap phone plan because all I need is to call or text. Things that you say are a "right" really aren't. I went without wireless internet in my home for a long time and I'm doing just fine. $500 a month in savings is a huge amount that adds up quickly. You won't be able to put together a down payment in three months, but if you work hard and save and cut the fat, you absolutely can succeed in this country. Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying to you. I wasn't born into wealth, but I am making it work for myself. You can get angry because you don't want to give up your $1400 computer or your $700 TV, and still be successful, but you're just flat out wrong. Buy cheaper shit, save more money, and in a couple of years you can move on to bigger and better things.

Fuck you, entitled liberal asshole.

I bought a house with 0 down and got a fixed 3.25% because my credit is above 800.

Poor people are poor because they are bad with money. I make quite a bit of money and I live like I'm poor because that was how I was taught. I drive a 14 year old car, I do my own repairs, I do my own repairs around the house, I cook dinner every night and shop in bulk when I can. Why? Because even though I could afford a new BMW it would be a waste of money. Then I see people who make half of what I make driving pre-owned BMWs that will clean them out when something goes wrong. They buy a new cellphone every 6 months and then complain that they are poor. Take my mom for example. Her house is worth half of what she owes on it, she took out a loan to buy her car and it was at like 12% and she is broke most of the time. So what does she do, she buys a horse because she has always wanted one. This is what poor people do, they don't plan shit. They buy things they don't need to impress people they don't care about. My brother's wife spends 300 dollars a month on her hair. She is a fucking bartender making, on a good night, 17 dollars an hour and she spends 300 on her hair. I grew up dirt poor. Dirt living in the projects watching poor people make the same mistakes over and over. The difference was I noticed the things they were doing wrong and made sure I didn't make those same mistakes.

As for most of my income, after taxes and benefits are taken out about 35% goes to bills and my mortgage. I give myself 200 dollars a paycheck for my own spending and the rest is saved. So your "Most of anyone's income" statement is false. As a matter of fact more of my income goes to tax than it does to mortgage or bills with the rest going to savings and investments.

socially anxious sperg lords would rather shop online than talk to a person

y y y you too thanks

also cheaper

am a millennial, I own a house and have 2 payed off vehicles. I went to edc last year. Helped me forget about my psycho abusive soon-to-be ex-wife for 3 days, and the fact that she quite literally stole my children from me for a year while we were still technically married, moved them in with some cuck that ended up kicking her out, along with my kids after 6 months.
EDCLV was nice place for it's eyeball freedom, and it's really impossible to feel down with all of the deep bass, alcohol, hot chicks and hilarious (((alternative lifestyle)) folks dressed up like it's Halloween at Liberace's house.

Really made my problems melt away

Now that all of the lawyer shit is done, and I actually have custody of my kids, I plan on taking my kids to a lake and showing them how to build a zip line for Fathers Day.

Yup you're right. Good luck being a NEET with an overpriced degree and your huge Steam library.

EAT A DICK AND FUCK OFF

I have no idea why your entire IP block hasn't been perma-banned yet

what community exactly?
>what are cliques
>what are groups
>what are social circles

Easy! My town is basically an Amazon factory-farm community where half the population works at Amazon anyway!

t. cynic

See and vice versa

Maybe, just maybe, the decrease in the ownership of expensive things is due to both poor spending/saving attitudes, as well as a dollar saved towards a house being a fraction of what it was towards that same house in the era we're comparing to.

This, we all make the same or less as 40 years ago but houses cost 300% more.

And why should I buy locally? with what money? to support the business of whomever is eating up 70% of my paycheck in rent?

the millenials are fucked

Because my community was overrun by mexicans

Also because it's cheaper

>buys house in shit area
>lives horrible bland life to pay house

Because I live in a low-trust society. I do not know my neighbors. I do not know the shop owners. I do not know the people who walk past me on the street.
If I knew the people in my neighborhood, I would be happy to support them (only if they are white)

I love supporting local businesses if they're competetive or even just convenient
Picking up a thing in stone can't be beat by 2 day shipping

That reminded me of the /k/ story where some guys went innawoods, caught a deer, and used egg vibrators on it

Because it's cheaper and I want all boomers to go broke and die.

I live off 25k but make 50k
It's quite fun to have dickloads money in savings

Because no car. Have you ever carried bags of groceries, furniture or sporting equipment walking home or on the bus? I have, shit is incredibly awkward and time consuming, just fucking order it online.