>apprentice as cnc machinist
>loving it. Learn everday and work with a great group of guys
>laid off in 2016
>found work as a warehouse picker
>fml trying to get back into machining but the industry is dead
>thank you trudeau and your diversity
>yes pls stop all major oil projects
>thank you canacuck

Ive been looking at starting as an electrician, plumber or in hvac but no one wants to hire an entry level guy.

How does Sup Forums get through frustrations like this? What do you do for a living? How do you succeed?

>How does Sup Forums get through frustrations like this?
Drink heavily
>What do you do for a living?
NEET
>How do you succeed?
>implying successful people post on /pol
Hahahaha!

I was a distributor for oilfield parts and equipment for 11yrs, then oil crashed. Unemployed for 1.5 years, I finally got a new job with Frito lay.

I do IT in my university's library. Cushy as fuck for a student job but I'm surrounded by fags and liberals.
I was actually in an extremely similar situation 2 years ago. Had to quit an apprenticeship in a trade I loved at a place with great coworkers. I went back to uni depressed, drank heavily for a while but I'm just recently starting to feel my life moving in the right direction again.

My only advice: Be decisive.

>What do you do for a living?
sytems engineer, going to Johns Hopkins for my MS this August.
>How do you succeed?
one step at a time

Oh and regarding machining: Look for the smallest shops you can find, try to build some rapport with the owner/manager, and casually slide into job talk.

Trades were worthwhile 50 years ago, nearly shit now. Find something you can work your ass off with or go get a real degree. I'm a warehouse picker too after a whole bunch of shit, I'm going back to uni to finish my ChemE degree

Also move to the US

>What does Sup Forums do for a living?
Stay at home dad/caregiver. Kids have autism and cancer. not even shitposting.
Drinking, video game, working out and seriously long term plans to kill myself when my kids grow up.
>How do you succeed?
.............you can't. You stay afloat until you die or you drown in problems and die.

Reminder that anything you say can and will be used against you.

Don't provide identifying information. Don't respond to datamining threads.

If you absolutely have to do so, lie and troll instead of answering questions truthfully.

F is for family can even be a funny show from time to time. Due to all non pc humor to seem more authentic.

6.45/10

I'm a chef, there is a distinct lack of people willing to work in a kitchen. it's great, you shout at moron waiting staff and listen to whatever music you want

I was in a similar situation, I worked in the construction industry for 5 years after I was 18. But before I was laid off my employer was approached by some government program offering a 50% wage subsidy to hire natives. How's that for frustrating?
Now I'm 25 years old, still with my parents, working in a hospital pushing dead bodies for a living.

I work as a software enginer.

>no one wants to hire an entry level guy.

If you want to go for being an electrician, you can always scrape the bottom of the barrel and work for a cable/internet provider.

I'm a teacher.

I work for the mayor of a suburban municipality in the Midwest.

>Industry is dead
Aerospace mothurfuckur do you speak it?

Come to the Midwest,
Tool and Die is HUGE over here

Pic related

Cnc machining in Norfolk need someone pretty desperately were hiring get yourself a visa

How can a human being have such a bad game at life.
What type of cancurr?

Can confirm

leukemia ALL

>F is for Family
fucking normie

I maintain the simulation that you anons call the universe.

You should try to move to the states. There are plenty of cnc machinists jobs here.

Pediatric surgeon
$370k-$410k/yr based on bonus
GED

I'm 26 and I live in my parents' basement. I've never moved out. My parents give me money for stuff because I've only ever held two part time jobs. I have never owned a car and borrow my mom's. I am fat, balding, and 5' 5".

I don't get through my frustration. I get drunk when I can and browse the Internet.

I plan to succeed at nothing. That ship has sailed for me.

Stop living near high voltage power lines.

Never did lived rural.

incorrigible bum

Well I probably just got fired from my job as a cable systems installer.

i was doing fire alarm systems at this building in KC but decided this week i'd rather just fuck off and drink

my life is probably fucked now but i can't seem to care

I was a successful tradesman until I got a DUI 7 years ago. Since then I went to college, but still can't find work. Can't get back into the trades because of my driving record (which is confusing and infuriating) and can't get into white collar college work because I can't pass a background check (My moral character isn't up to par from 7 years ago) Currently jobless, looking for a Mcjob because they are the only places that will hire me.

Don't get a DUI kids. It will utterly destroy your ability to find work.

You probably don't know this because you don't know any successful people, but they take breaks too.

Try looking for work in Canada or get a STEM degree and get a job in another country. If you're a degenerate felon most countries won't want you though.

My other post was shitposting parody but i nonironically make 130k

I'm a mechanic, running my own small business now after working in the profession for 10 years. I have an apprentice who I brought on with literally zero experience but had initiative and was smart. He makes a very low wage working for me but in another year he will be making a good wage. He works a second job evenings to be able to afford to apprentice. If you have initiative and drive you will succeed.

wendys chef?

You must have shitty genes then... leukemia in kids is almost always high voltage power line caused. Other thing to check is to see if your water or land is contaminated.

Hardly worked a day in my life. It's a con, find something exciting to do instead of being farmed.
You will be too old soon. Do it now.
If you survive you will be unable to look on normies without thinking 'muh'.

>get a STEM degree

I did, but it was the wrong one apparently (Chem)

>If you're a degenerate felon most countries won't want you though

not a felon. it was a misdemeanor.

Protip: whenever you see "were you convicted of any crime? Conviction of crime will not necessarily bar you from employment" If you mark 'yes' you are immediately barred from employment.

You must have a nice ass

cable installer
~70k
22 yo
only high school/ dropped out of tech college after 1 year

good job for leafs, Telus is trying to change the whole country from copper to fiber
can't be afraid of heights

hikki NEET here, porky can't give everyone jobs because it'd put upward pressure on wages.

Immigrate to another country if you can't get a job here. Trust me, there are other countries with nicer standards of living than the US. Work as a lab tech and get a pharmacy degree.

Just applied for dozens of jobs.

Not going to get any of them cause "Are you part of a visible minority group"

Yet my parents can't figure out why I can't get a job

>one post

What the fuck is this shit

>"Are you part of a visible minority group"

>not pretending to be gay af
>not sporting a rainbow coloured mohawk while having a big black dildo lodged in your anal cavity during interviews

You're not even trying, fucking NEET. Your parents should have aborted you.

My first job was mcdonalds minimum wage

Thats what my coach says
Software dev at big4 in a low COL area, ~105 base before stocks and signing bonus

idk user don't sell your kidney tho

Have some self respect, Christ.

Germany has no self respect left

Have a job, JosĂȘ. Oh wait. You can't because spain is a poor fucking shithole, kek.

Jesus... Every parent's worst nightmare. All Sup Forums shitposting aside, best of luck with that. Breaks my heart...

>What do you do for a living? How do you succeed?
23 years here, studying Law, I'm specializing in forensic technics, final goal is work in police force or army.

>ctrl + f forklift operator
>0 results

Sad!

Struggling against the daily reminder it's not worth it.

doesn't canada pay for you to go to college?

>Ay cock sucka, it's time to wash ya fuckin munky and come to chuch. Kick that fuckin Mule Lee

>proceeds to tell the same cocaine story every other podcast
>laughs in fat

swine detected

I rely on state handouts

Molecular biologist researching germ cell development. Never have not had a job and went into a field where they can't get rid of me. Feels pretty good.

Military. Just got a 6% raise and the Liberal government announced a 70% increase in the defense budget.

Never thought it would be this good under Trudeau.

>Being leaf
>being anything other than fracer

He is a walking cocaine stereotype.

>all this self loathing

Sorry time Sup Forums
>come graduation time parents say: no college money
>no worries, join military because gi bill
>debts for faggits
>drink
>alot
>married a whore, she cheats (whore natural resting state), get divorced
>get 4 DUIs in 5 years, last one crashed into nice nigress almost killing her
>2 years prison (got reduced from 5 because I agreed to rehab)
>get out, still far away from home, no direction, no job, no prospects
>drink
>homeless
>rob and cheat for booze money
>year goes by
>get stabbed by dude I was robbing
>parents find out and come see me
>invite me home provided I go back to rehab
>finally quit drinking for good
>get shitty warehouse job
>deep depression sets in
>almost start drinking again but decide killing myself would be faster
>dads shotgun in mouth
>moment of clarity

I'm as shitty of a person as I want to be. I decided, at that moment, that I'm going to try to get my life together. If I was to fail, no big deal, I'll kill myself then.

>start taking classes at community college
>no idea what I want to be
>take intro to Java
>decide I like this

Fast forward ten years

>software research engineer for large company

Just try trying

Tenth anniversary of vietnamese stone cutting message board posting this year and its probably why I'll wait tables for the rest of my life.

*Story time

Ducking phone

You're a cool guy, user.

Best lesson I ever learned. Never let your paycheck outpace your skill set.

>Sees flag
Checks out

Fuck heights make me queasy. Any requirements sounds like a nice job.

Fuck 'em. I put mixed race on all my shit - id like to see them try to prove it.

>>implying successful people post on /pol
>everyone on Sup Forums is just like meeeeee!

boring software developer
hate paying taxes for gimmiedats so I max out my 401k and IRA and HSA
save more by investing in taxable accounts
realized at this rate, since I spend so much far less than I earn, I could retire by 35 and just play video games and go on Sup Forums all day every day

Yeah, it is suicidal levels of Sunny Ways right now. BC just fucked us too shutting down projects from AB to the coast.

I work with animals. Thats all I'll say, Mr. Alphabet soup.

Come to America, we need machinists. Lots of work in MA and CT.

t. M.E.

Pharmacy is going to shit in Canada. All corporate after they destroy the little guy, then they just use you up.

Diversify. Work hard. Risk. Profit.

I am a cnc machinist in a foundry

How is the salary though? In US, a non research job for CVS or Walgreens (chain drugstores) make $130k a year

we're full
problem is there's never a lack of standards. id love to be a chef but because i have casual experience (cook myself breakfast and lunch sometimes, mess with the blender) id never get hired

neet, but at least I'm going to college and pulling straight A's

Paid intern at a big pharma multinational.
Biotech student.
Gf.
I like beer.
Used to be a degenerate PUA and would do it again if single.

>20
>Majoring in Corporate Finance
>Interning at company called sard verbinnen and co
>public relations and communications
>from NY, was transferred during my second internship to san francisco
>making 0 dollars
>Just got home for summer

Is ok I guess, great experience and great for future Resume

Friend's mother works in pharmacy. Says it is going downhill. More techs less pharmacists, less pay and benefits as the big boys buy out the small. She would make about 100k fulltime she said, but is about to retire and works part time.

>How do you succeed?
Not visit Sup Forums

same here. its good to have money to buy booze and fast food, but nothing can fill in this empty feeling

Well met

Try to get on with your local public sector government. Even if it's a groundskeeper or janitor.

As long as you don't have a crime directly relating to what you'll do for work, they generally won't care.

A DUI from 7 years shouldn't be much a problem for anything that isn't driving a county/government vehicle all day.

Software Engineer.
East Asian.
No GF.

>Has Chem Degree
>Should work as a janitor

checked

another software eng here

Over 40, Ex-oilpatch (by choice), now yard grunt.

Yeah, Fuck Trudeau and Notley.

EGS member/ professional shitposter.

you are a loser hahaha

>frontend code monkey for 5 years
>still have a job since pajeets are useless at frontend stuff

Feels good

The industry is booming here. Especially in Texas. I just started out as a CNC operator a year ago and am working toward being a machinist.

I love the work and it is the best paying entry level job I've ever worked. I'd tell you to come work in the states but I'd imagine it isn't easy unless you can find a company willing to sponsor you for a work visa. Tons of companies are starving for good experience cnc machinists, though. People aren't going into the trades like they used to.