Modern Catholic churches: what is the reason for such ugliness?

Most of these new churches look like post-modern turds. Embarrassing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M-rgQve74BI
archive.4plebs.org/_/search/subject/knowledge bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/!!9O2tecpDHQ6/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thats true, i dont like new churches too, i dont know why they want them to look ,,new".
in my opinion christian churches are about history and tradition and in architecture should it be represented.

Because they arent Christian anymore. Their global eucumenism now takes prevelance over their core christian doctrines.

I walked away from catholocism a few years ago and became Orthodox.

youtube.com/watch?v=M-rgQve74BI

I've begun to wonder where the money comes from.

My home town church raised a whole bunch of money to do a massive renovation, probably a good idea, but it looks like they wasted money on a lot of crap, and now even the parking lot is shit.

Gives me bad feels about perversion of the Church.

Old churches look really ugly

Maybe on paper they seems cool.

>REEEEEEEEEE THIS BUILDING HURTS MY FEEFEES
Fucking hell, you fucks are always complaining about something.

There are plenty of things to worry about when it comes to modern Christianity. Rome has become the seat of Satan, pushing for a NWO.

That church in OP's picture is occult architectural design - solar symbolism.

> That picture

That thing looks ugly as fuck. Is that really how Catholicism is building its new "cathedrals" (if you can even call that one)?

Because Christ-Cucks are demonic desert animals hell bent on destroying us.

Probably because skilled stone masons and craftsmen are hard to find these days.

because it's so hard stacking stones ? Amiright ? fgt.

>The cathedral of my city
Feels bad mayne

Theres one croation catholic church in my city. Outside looks like an auschwitz building, but the inside is beautiful.
>Tfw your grandpa was a humble carpenter who helped build the church and carved the Church's crucifix by hand
>Tfw you havent been to mass in ages.
Maybe its time to go back

I actually have a cathedral in my city. It's named for St. Paul, it's a historical landmark, the organ sounds dank, it has large attendance, and the pasture is high-IQ.

feelsgoodman when I go

>((infiltrated)) erdogan is more the antichrist type

I think that looks nice

ye thats a nice church

>complaining about people complaining on an image board

okay, oleg.

Architecture relates to Energy(Positive,Negative,Flow, Neutral).

archive.4plebs.org/_/search/subject/knowledge bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/!!9O2tecpDHQ6/

it's called modern art... yeah it sucks to live after the 19th century

Fake news

This is a brazilian monument being by a commie architecte

Fuck off frank

The whole attack/discredit narrative you guys keep using is based on incorrect information.

its a church, not a monument

aaww sweetie, did you learn a few difficult words? How cute.

Just stating facts.

Also the whole Shill attack/discredit campaign from 6/1 to 6/2 was done by a UK/EU Terror Network who was involved in the 6/3 attack.

I understand you, i may sound now contrarian but going Orthodox is not a way to go beacose its ,,cucked" too for me. If you look at eastern europe countries for example Russia, its goverment uses church to impose their will, and Orthodox church sounds like they doesnt speak against problems that is massive in Russia ( alcoholism, massive abortions rate) beacose it is against goverment will.

the thought for that church is that the first christians places were round. The entrance is underground and dark, when you enter you got a lot of light (jesus)

modern architecture is unconfy and most of time ugly, like this one, but as an arch student i agree that we shoulnt be LARPing and building gorthic curches forever, but that is not the way to go

Churches have always been both, right back to their origins as pagan basilicas.

Ironically, young people are put off by modern religion due to older folks trying to make it "modern" and "young" and "cool." It's so cringey when I see churches full of guitars and a preacher or priest wearing blue jeans. There are so many young people looking for a traditional service. The vibe can be welcoming and mellow but they want tradition and ceremony.

Maybe we'll see a change. Who ever thought 4chanz would start having Christian threads?

Give it time. Maybe they'll find out people want the real deal rather than kids' stories.

This. So very much this. What most people nowadays think is Catholicism is more like Lutheranism than anything else. If you want legit, actual Catholicism check out the FSSP or other such traditional orders. Heck, even Eastern Catholics didn't get broken by Vatican II as much.

TL;DR: Vatican II should have never happened