Trump is sending 4,000 American troops to Afghanistan

Bill Kristol, Paul Wolfowitz and George W. Bush will be proud!

Bump

>3rd

here we go

ohnothatsucks.btfo

4k is fucking nothing

to do what?

Its 4k more troops involved in bullshit.

Stand around with thumbs up their ass wasting tax payer money and raising military industrial complex share prices on wall street

Guard the opium fields sso.they can get heroin to trump voters with opiate problem that Trump pro.ised to help

Thats what they are paid for

unless you're one of them

Taliban is making massive gains but no one reports on it because Syria. Take back the territory and train Afghanis to hold it for as long as the government manages to keep them loyal.

I'm only down if and ONLY if it's to end the fighting decisively. But we all know once that happens, more people are going to have to remain stationed out there for "peacekeeping"

>train afghanis
i'm sure it'll work out this time

They'd rather have work than be laid off

do you want another ISIS? because pulling out of Afghanistan is how you get another ISIS. If we'd just ignored the Iraqi's bellyaching and stayed there, ISIS would never have existed. Instead we decided to let Iraqis deal with their own internal problems, the Baathists joined AQI, and AQI became ISIS.

>b-but US funded AQI

And Turkey, Iran, and Gulf States are all funding jihadis everywhere trying to destabilize shit. Funding AQI would never have happened in the first place if we'd just remained engaged in Iraq

Trump is relying on his military advisors and pretty much keeping his nose out of the matter

if Advisors say they need 4k troops the only question is why and then a rubber stamp

AMERICA FIRST!!!!!! MAGA!!!!!

We've been at war in Afghanistan for what, 16 years now?

Yikes

Are they special forces? Seems like they're the only ones that get sent nowadays

This comment reeks of reddit

They signed up for it. I know tons of marines who are foaming at the mouth for an opportunity to go over there. One of president Trump's campaign promises was to destroy the Terrorists, we need more troops on the ground over there to do it. Now the President is doing what he said and people are all surprised and butt hurt. 4K isn't even that many.

hope we see some beheadings soon

seeing as how ISIS is fighting the Taliban in Afghanistan, I wonder why they would send US troops there...

>op is a faggot

Nice argument, he's just stating the truth. Let me guess youre next argument will include something to do with jews.

Soldiers should just refuse to go. We aren't at war with Afghanistan. It's just pointless at this point. If a soldier voluntarily goes then I don't feel sorry for them, really.

They're sending troops to fight the Taliban

Lmao. Half of them will return in bodybags. Retarded murricans will die again for their jewish masters.

say it aint so

4K might be a lot if you live in some faggot country, but that's a sneeze here. Don't worry, we'll take out ISIS while you prep that bull.

> 4k troops
LITERALLY IRAQ
/sg/ please go

That's cute, shill

>it's a Sup Forums loses their panties at the slightest maneouvre episode
This isn't the start of a Bush/Bongo style engagement, it's literally just 4000 troops being stationed to babysit minor skirmishes and smoke cigarettes. It's another tactically insignificant ploy to get neocons erect enough to lose concentration on their main hobby of destroying the US.

How about you go to afghanistan you fucking Jew bastard, you do realize the Americans are the invading force that are not wanted there..

More soldiers up chinas ass and Irans Backdoor

I agree with him. That's just how everyone at reddit writes and it's like nails on a chalkboard to me for some reason

Why not simply put the neocons in jail on sedition and espionage charges wrt israel? Too easy?

Quick rundown for you guys
>Bush invades Afghanistan with a ton of troops, takes out Taliban, but they comeback as an insurgency to fight Americans. Bush keeps zerg rushing guerilla fighters and turns Afghanistan into a meat grinder
>Obama comes in and eventually gets a lot of troops out, he focuses on training the Afghan government army(which is shitty and corrupt) and aides them with drones and air strikes
>The army still can't make any progress
>Trump comes in on anti-war platform and now the Taliban control half the country and have fought the war to a stalemate, now with ISIS presence too.

Mattis is pushing him into this because he's a good goy hawk bastard. Trump should scrap 2001 foreign policy and negotiate with "terrorists"(the Taliban) and let them have some or all of the country in exchange for removing ISIS and al-qaeda. The Taliban are shit but they're what the people want, and they're better than continuing a 16-year long war.

If he really hated Russia he should pull out of Afghanistan and let the jihadists set up shop there and destabilize all of Central Asia. Then Russia would be too busy protecting its Tajik and Kyrgyz allies to worry about Europe. Then also there goes China's One Belt initiative (which is already being terrorized in Pakistan)

How adorable, a bunch of unsourced stories that provide no hits when you search for them. Did you manage to do this all by yourself? What a big shill you are! Yes you are, Yes you are.

Right on time.

The taliban are just the type to fuck "us" on any deal that we (westerners) would make with them though

Mattis says the Russians seek security through instability, meaning they want the nations surrounding them to be destabilized

Which article are you talking about? They're all real

Trump said that he would allow the Pentagon to set troops levels in Afghanistan. Apparently Mattis wanted 4000 more troops. Heaven forbid Trump lets his generals run the war rather than micromanaging it.

>as long as the government manages to keep them loyal
Great long-term strategy. How about we give the Afghans what they fucking want and help out Americans instead of putting more soldiers in an unwinnable blender of doom.

Your memes and the lot are complete ass. Step it up fag!

Im sure most of our burguer anons voted for this!

Oh, I'm so sorry, I don't think you know. Citing websites that continuously lie for ratings and partisanship aren't, in any way, reputable sources. Especially when they cite an 'anonymous source' and push lies that they've already been caught out on.

The Taliban will keep a lid on things. ISIS got created because we let the shitty Iraqi military win, if militant groups took over ISIS would have been crushed before it happened.

And?

Pulling out of Iraq was such a GREAT move. Like ISIS and all...

Look, Trump is doing what he MUST do, not what he WANTS to do. He didnt start the war there.

He's sending them there to nuke Israel

eisenhower warned us

big if true.

He's sending them there to train for shooting communist durka durks at home

There is absolutely nothing wrong with loving Israel

>Muh anonymous sources
Tell which sources are valid and I'll be sure to use those instead.

Serious question: would the world have been better off if we just killed every single Afghani back in 2002?

>Being this buttblasted

Looks like idiot man child is about to start world war 3

desu its amazing we've been in this conflict so long and haven't imploded our country and its gains. but idk why were even still there. These people don't want our help its not like europe or even asia middle east is just a lost cause

The Taliban have shown repeatedly that they have no interest in leaving Afghanistan at all, and they don't commit terrorism in the West. We would have immense leverage over them at the negotiating table, so it probably wouldn't be too bad.

How do you start ww3 by sending troops to afghanistan?This decision is fucking retarded but how will that make ww3 start

what the fuck are you talking about, if we never had interfered in the first place there wouldn't have been an ISIS either!

We should act as the founders intended, isolationist.

>still posting this retarded image'
fuck off Kaj

Get that flag off and kys. You just outed yourself, you are not one of us.

If you never invaded Iraq in the first place ISIS wouldn't exist, dumbass

>thinks the political and economic forces that created jihadist movements are due to American policies

Jihadism is a bunch of beta males who are shit-tier in the Arab hereditary monarchies or dictatorships. The only reason they hate us is because without the US they'd have a chance to overthrow Saudi Arabia, etc.

ISIS was born in a US prison camp in Iraq and is funded by the US.
If you're gonna rp, at least try to fit in with real facts. You're overtaxing my suspension of disbelief.

Lmao retarded Trumpkins. You all voted for idiot man child because you were all afraid of Hillary starting another war. And what does he do? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA hope all you dumbasses get sent over there

TALIBAN DINDU NUFFIN GUYZ

How old are you? Because everything you said is not based in reality.

Fucking Americuck thread.

Completely and utterly wrong on every account.

What really happened:
>Bush invades Iraq with mostly American special operations units, CIA, and American air power working in conjunction with local anti-Taliban fighters (Northern Alliance)
>completely route the Taliban within a month
>the few Taliban and al-Qaeda that survived flee to Pakistan and regroup/rethink their strategy
>Afghanistan was relatively stable for a few years because the Taliban got so fucked up and demoralized
>Bush goes full retard and invades Iraq
>As the civil war/insurgency in Iraq grows, US ignores Afghanistan
>Taliban are inspired by Iraqi insurgents and apparently Mullah Mohammad Omar had a dream about retaking Afghanistan
>Taliban start their spring offensives in Afghanistan, using new tactics adopted from the Iraqis like suicide bombings
>Obama elected president - starts a surge in Afghanistan while pulling out of Iraq
>The surge helps relieve pressure off of Afghan government forces for a while
>Slow and controlled withdraw, US forces gradually becoming advisory forces
>Taliban make more and more gains as US gives more responsibility to the Afghan government
>Taliban were able to take some major cities, and Helmand province, their most lucrative area due to the heroin, is mostly under their control
>Islamic State's affiliate ISKP (Islamic State of Khorasan Province) forms
>Mullah Mohammad Omar revealed to have died many years ago in a Karachi hospital
>Taliban infighting due to leadership, some join ISKP while most remain loyal to the new Taliban leadership
>Enter Trump

That's what has happened.

>Train Afghans
You'd have better luck training snails, slugs, or some other higher life form

>more divide and conquer bullshit
How about we hear it from the horse's mouth before we start this crap yet again?

Are you trying to say Afhganistan isnt our greatest ally?

He realizes he needs to give the media their cut of the heroin to quit agitating commies

>Mullah Omar

this is the key link with AQ leader Zawahiri

Pol would benefit from reading think tank papers on this shit

They see themselves as warriors, champions of freedom - strong protectors of democracy. Its sad really, they come home and the media/GOP will tell them that this is true and that they defended us.

Shit is seriously fucked. If you even question this, or dare say that the troops are not heroes you are considered scum.

99% of all the ground missions taking place since 2016 have been all afghani forces. 2-16 Americans running things, but all of the ground troops and the first line or two of CASEVAC resources are Afghan as well. They're quite successful already; was in Afghanistan for several ops that recovered electronics, and took down leaders of the opposition

Ah yes, thank you for showing me the error of my ways. I should have voted for Hillary instead, who would have done all that, on top of trying to eradicate whites! What a blunder indeed...

Fuck off.

Dumb nigger. ISIS is a US intelligence operation. God damn newfag reddit 80 IQ nignogs kill yourselves.

>They're quite successful already; was in Afghanistan for several ops that recovered electronics, and took down leaders of the opposition
Commandos and ANSF are fine. The rest are garbage. The problem is that their are too few commandos and ANSF and without American air assets/technology/planning they'd be fucked up hard.

You fuck off, war monger. I hope every kid you have ends up dead on foreign soil all because you wanted to elect a fucking retarded man child who lied his way into your little redneck hick brain

>accusing others of being retarded when you're obviously retarded
Are you going to deny the amount of evidence piled up? Why was Clinton funneling weapons to them? Why did we "withdraw" from Iraq and leave our humvees and weapons easily accessible to them? Why did they form in and take over oil rich areas? Why are they funded by US ally Saudi Shitrabia? Stop being dumb.

didn't you see whats going on with Qatar?
This is entirely an intimidation tactic to make sure oil keeps flowing and to put the uppity sandniggers in their place.

Fucking brainwashed idiots, that Russian Propaganda and Conspiracy theory sites have really taken a toll on you, Supporting the Taliban is treason

oh fuck yes

I need this

>he doesn't want our military to go out and kill sand niggers

take that flag off bitch

>le dumb Bush meme
I pity this level of ignorance. Iraq invasion was planned for decades. You seriously have the knowledge of someone who watches TV talk shows.

Kys faggot

You throw the term "brainwashed" out there a lot, but you're the idiot who probably voted for the orange disgrace. Trump supporters are willing to support anything that their "daddy Trump" says. Bunch of sheep.

Pakistan is where your focus needs to be

your opinion is irrelevent on this website

you arnt even on the right

>hey goys, it's just 4000 goyim risking their life for the (((MUC)))! Don't you want to die for (((Israel))) too?

> hurr hurr your opinion is only relevant if I agree with it

Go to bed Trumpkin

Yep. Was on that border in 2014 and everyone we killed was from Pakistan. Most villages on the Afghan side of the border don't even have military aged males. It was all children and old men.