Australia announces first gun amnesty since Port Arthur

>Australia announces first gun amnesty since Port Arthur
>The Turnbull Government announced the terms of the first national gun amnesty since the Port Arthur massacre in 1996, which will start on July 1st to address an increased threat of terrorism and a flood of illegal guns into the community.

Is this a turn in your guns and we won't arrest you thing?

Anyone who coughs up a gun should just use it on themselves.

yes, for a 3 month period you can surrender weapons and ammunition at no cost, no questions answered.
It also came out of fucking nowhere.

>tfw gun buybacks in the US are often stymied by gun buyers trolling the lines of people waiting to turn in their guns and offering the people more than the police are offering, and it's all completely legal

I love this country most of the time.

>an M1 Garand
>an SKS
How can you destroy such beautiful fucking guns? That M1 Garand might've been what some Aussie grandpa used to liberate Singapore or something

Are guns completely illegal in straya?

I knew that the Jews would come for the guns. Every time. Classic tactic. Problem reaction solution, fools the goyim every time.

>no cost
My funs & ammo are worth more than all african lives combined

fucking clucks.

Can't wait to see the Asians mudslimes murder your kids in about 20 years. Nothing like Mudniggers gang rapping little white 4 year olds.

fucking retard clucks.

>It also came out of fucking nowhere.
They're probably planning on moving to a total ban. They'll thin the herd of currently illegal guns so they have less to worry about when they make all the legal guns illegal.

Nah, just heavily restricted. We can get some handguns under a Class H licence, most rifles (except 50BMG) and most shotguns under a Class A or B licence. No Class D weapons (SLR, Semi-Auto, Full-Auto, High capacaity mags, etc) for the general public!
Also, ballistic vests are classified as a weapon and require a licence and registration..

I'm in QLD btw, each state regulates their own firearms

>let's stop illegal guns

hahahaha. Literally any foreign worker could throw a paper bag off a ship and you'd never stop it.

QLD used to be a good state for guns, seems like NT is the only good place for shooters.

ill tell you how because Australians are a bunch of fascist scum.
I hope australia gets hit by a meteorite.
FUCK AUSTRALIA

that's not very nice. We like guns too.

You can surrender the restricted weapons, and the unregistered legal weapons can be transferred to your licence without a PTA

Before the buyback in 96 there was thousands of AKs and the like imported, and only about .5 of a percent were handed in, the rest are probably buried on QLDers properties

No, but we're restricted in what we can have and everything needs to be registered.
Any kind of semi-auto longarm is heavily regulated, so are pump shotguns for some reason. Handguns are available but have barrel length and mag restrictions.

Of course there's special exemptions for everything if your lucky enough.

This amnesty is mostly about convincing old people to hand in shit they didn't hand in 20 years ago, then passing it off as "doing something about terrorism".

mean to reply to

wtf are they going to do with them all once they get them in? Are they going to destroy them? Do they not realize that they could make some money by selling each of them for 100 bucks at a single major American gun show? They are getting them for free and would be able to completely undercut the competition. They'd sell out immediately.

That said goddamn Australia. It's a tragedy to see how far you've fallen when it comes to guns. And then every discussion about it is prefaced with "we don't want to be like america." It's only going to get worse....