What would you do?

What would you do if Trump was to be found guilty of obstruction of justice and was then put into the process of impeachment? I am not saying that he IS guilty of it in reality, just in this hypothetical situation.

I know some will say they would do nothing and others would potentially rise up in violence, although I would like to know the thought process behind it.

I'm a political science major and you could say /pol is a very ... interesting if not entertaining place to read up on political expressions and opinions.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zMGZtkMS3sQ
youtube.com/watch?v=QCW76mKnsww&t=30s
youtube.com/watch?v=oWnuQWZJqiw&t=6s
thehill.com/policy/national-security/265062-militia-movement-growing-at-rapid-rate
zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-26/citizen-militia-experiences-explosive-growth-following-last-election
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i would shitpost

Impeachment isn't legally binding, significant in anyway, nor does it remove the President from office. Remember when then Attorney General Holder was held in CONTEMPT of Congress and then continued to serve his term? Of course you don't, because you can't even buy alcohol legally.

answer : sage all shitpost

wouldn't care. Clinton was impeached and it did fuck all. let them.

I can buy anything I want, thanks.

Secondly I didn't mean that impeachment was the definitive step to removal but it is the most grandiose of steps that many would associate with the removal of an official.

Good honest answers.

So you're indifferent because of what didn't happen with the Clinton impeachment?

Wouldn't post about it on Sup Forums that's for sure. Or anywhere for that matter.

Keep on shitposting, as usual.

I think it depends on the nature of this obstruction. If he was be put into the process of impeachment over saying "I hope you put an end to this investigation" and nothing more, than I would not take it seriously in the least. But if there was strong evidence of him threatening law enforcement to put an to investigations then I would be surprise and also very disappointment in Donnie. Personally I don't think he would ever attempt such a thing since he knows how closely he is being watched and badly many people in the state department look for any excuse to undermine him.

I would support him telling congress to fuck themselves. I unironically want him to cease more executive power; the government is corrupt to the core. The only way we can actually return true control of this country back to the people is to allow a single man to be held accountable, rather than those in power being able to use fall men while retaining all their power.

Reichstag fire round 2

Why would you care? Why would it even matter if Trump and Putin had secret meetings on how they can work together to win the election?

I fully support Trump doing anything in his power to reform the government, that involves stepping on some toes; and sometimes some laws.

Thanks for the in-depth response! That is a very understandable position, pretty moderate as well. I would venture to say though that he'd do whatever he likes unless someone with more political savvy tells him otherwise.

I'm confused on your point... do you mean exercise more executive power? If so then the rest of your response makes sense and I can understand your point (although the implications I wouldn't agree with entirely).

So you'd support him without question? Even if it was against your own constitutional rights?

I'd think it'd be good to tell you guys, full disclosure, that I voted Trump in this last election and I've been a supporter of his for awhile, but I'm attempting to be unbiased in my questioning/responses.

Honestly I'm at the point where I would love if he droned CNN, ABC NBC, Wapo, NyT etc.

cia shill leave

Sorry man gotta keep probing, the boss wants a report by Saturday morning.

>What would you do if Trump was to be found guilty of obstruction of justice and was then put into the process of impeachment? I am not saying that he IS guilty of it in reality, just in this hypothetical situation.
>I know some will say they would do nothing and others would potentially rise up in violence, although I would like to know the thought process behind it.
>I'm a political science major and you could say /pol is a very ... interesting if not entertaining place to read up on political expressions and opinions.

lol fucking jews

He didn't do anything. This is all a dog and donkey show you fucking faggots. I can't wait for Trump to start hanging you fucking cum sucking faggots.

Chill out man, I'm not against Trump. I worked for the RNC in my state on a volunteer basis and helped get the current Governor elected who is staunch republican. All I'm trying to do here is what I stated earlier, I'd just like to see into the thought process of people on /pol. Sorry if I triggered you.

dude go away man. just enjoy the ride. don't probe.

Judging from your 4 posts in this thread: LARP!

(Or the quality of your education is in worse state than Hillary's health.)

I mean seize more executive power not cease more executive power.

I wouldn't support him regardless of what he does, but I am not going to drop my support of him until I think he is working against this country's interests. The current rule of law keeps our corrupt system in place. If cleaning out the system means breaking a few of the laws, I don't care.

Trump is probably to cucked to actually try and consolidate power though.

I see I've over stayed my welcome in your universe, I like your flag though.

Okay I can see your train of thought with that. I wouldn't say your position is all too out there for most. However I do think that the best way to change things would be trying to elect more local leaders that believe in your ideals, a single voice doesn't reach Washington too well.

The democrats are playing with fire. I almost want him to get impeached over some bullshit, just to see what happens. For me personally, I've drawn a line in the sand and I'm with him %100.

So you'd be in the camp of a rebellion against the government due to an unfavorable ruling? I'm not judging you I'm just looking for clarification because I don't want to assume your stance before you've got the chance to define it yourself.

>So you'd be in the camp of a rebellion against the government due to an unfavorable ruling
leave this board and never come back

What on earth could local leaders to do remove entrenched parties operating on a national level. My local government is operating just fine; the problem is the increasing corruption occurring at the federal level.

The way forward it to reawaken collectivism in my people.

You missed what I was implying, I was implying that your political leaders have more pull with their colleagues than you or your circle would (assuming none of them hold authority). You'd be surprised what can happen with a singular state decides to hold firm on an issue or push one along as a collective. Each state is part of the whole and the national government operates off the backs of that whole so if one part firmly takes a stand then it causes a ripple in the function, which means it tends to get noticed by the other politicians and when that happens then the media likes to pick up the story (and you know what happens form there).

You've been really cooperative thus far, thanks for discussing your positions with me.

Yes. And like I said, I almost want him to get impeached. We're either a democracy or we're not. If he gets impeached, well, at least they'll have dropped the facade.

March on Washington!

Hear you loud and clear dude. When I said "...in the camp of a rebellion..." it wasn't a literal camp, I meant it in the way you'd be a part of a supportive association. It seems that was misconstrued by the Crusader.

First for that one! I'm not sure how many you could gather for a march so you'd make a difference but hey, if you got the determination I'm sure you could organize one.

I would take up arms if he were removed from office no matter the evidence. I might not fire the first shot but I would kill thousands ultimately of anarchy set in

CW2

this is what OP was looking for. some crazed response so that he can go back to his friends and share the intel. also no one is going to go to war over it. everyone is too lazy. i've never seen a right-side march akin to what the left-side does

Protest violently.

Yeah, something about the way you talk rubs me the wrong way op

You dont sound like a poltard

I'd wake up.

lol, it wont happen cause they know it would cause chaos

youtube.com/watch?v=zMGZtkMS3sQ

For what indicted investigation? He was never investigated for any high crimes "muh Comey" YuHH Hilry"

He was Tried by voter and elected.

What will they do if we revolt?

Muh guns are controlled!

What side of legal are you on?

Are you based reality?

Yea nothings going to happen, moving on

It's probably because I'm being polite, you don't see a lot of that on /Pol. Don't worry though I don't work for the CIA and the only intel I'm gaining here is to further my understanding of what people think of the situation. I've been pondering it for quite sometime and even started writing up an essay on it but I started to realize that I hadn't truly asked anyone outside of my social circle. Don't worry the essay isn't going anywhere but a folder, perhaps one day I'll use it for something constructive.

That depends on what you define an event as. It doesn't have to be violent or even loud, silence is deafening.

Gimme one reason why it wont

pretend it never happened

>I'm not CIA
>Writing an essay
Intel gathering shillgent confirmed.

make mike pence memes

why exactly do you think getting anonymous opinions is useful? you have NO idea who is posting these things. half of these responses are half assed and not serious. you'd be better off going to facebook where you can get real thoughts and opinions rather than ones that are as useful as the "anonymous" sources MSM uses all of the time.

Cuckbook*

While I agree local leaders can be useful in advancing some of my other ideas, mainly relating to collectivism/nationalism, what I am talking about here they can't help. At most all they could do is go to the media and declare their support for Trump in destroying the corrupt establishment by any means.

This fight must happen on a federal level.

Yeah, he is either a state actor, leftist, or just autist interested in politk

I honestly think of Trump got impeached he would choose to step down. Clinton was successful after his because he became humble enough to work across the isle. Trump hates being President. He would prefer to do his old easier job. All he needs is an excuse. Plus the depression of public humiliation he would probably eat a bucket of KFC and have a coronary.

Government cops saved a bunch government workers from a liberal with an AR-15. Don't pick a fight you can't win.

>What would you do if Trump was to be found guilty of obstruction of justice and was then put into the process of impeachment? I am not saying that he IS guilty of it in reality, just in this hypothetical situation.
He's been exonerated so far, so it'd have to be against a secret investigation no one knows about, by a body that the executive branch doesn't have authority over.
I would probably be extremely angry that a deeper shadow government exist at that level.
That's some 1776 WILL COMMENCE AGAIN shit
>I'm a political science major and you could say /pol is a very ... interesting if not entertaining place to read up on political expressions and opinions.
For the past year it's been larpers and libshills.
Once the climate calms down, the shills will leave and it'll get more reasonable again

Im sorry but I couldn’t understand without Bernie Sanders cock on your tongue. God emperor, extra Krispy. Cheeto Im out!

>Implying that Bernie Sanders actually has a cock.
Kek.

I think they are useful, I wouldn't use them as sources for the sake of filling the gap of a new perspective but they are a lot better than nothing. I plan to do an actual survey around my local area within the next few months when I've got enough of an outline to get a good few dozen pages out of it.

I won't lie, I'm not a fan of social media. It tends to be more trouble than its worth with all the status posts about pets and buzzfeed.

Well I hope that comes sooner than later, it sounds promising.

Anyhow I think I've caused a few people to get overly agitated so I'm going to leave this thread be. Thanks to you guys who gave actual responses and took the time to have a discussion.

Finally someone I can agree with.

When you wonder what its for.

How to play 53d chess.
> deny Russian involvement in election
> discourage investigation into Russain hacking
> Cause collusion to be investigated due to lies told by campaign members.
> Remain free and clear of investigation
> Act like a 2 bit movie mobster and interfere in investigation
> Still remain free of investigation
> Fire director of FIB, leading investigation
> Go on TV and say investigation was reason for firing.
> Brag to Russian officials about firing FBI director to eliminate pressure
> End up causing an investigation into yourself
>Get impeached and go back to your old easy job.

/thread

I voted for Hillary Clinton. I was with her the whole way. Ultimately Tump being president has been pretty good for me. He makes conservatives look like shit, and my mutual funds are killing.it.

I'll be completely honest with you, OP. The first thing I would do is drive to your mom's house. I'd ring the doorbell and make sure I'd had a tictac so that my breath is minty fresh. When she'd open the door, we'd go up to her room and fuck for about 3 hours non-stop. After 3 hours, we'd order a pizza and when it arrived, I'd jizz on it and make her eat a slice. I'd probably leave before you got home from your cuck polisci classes though. I don't like putting up with 18 year olds because they're usually whiny and shit, like "waaaaah why'd you fuck my mommy!?"

Tell me now, how's a nigga supposed to answer that kind of question.

>it is the most grandiose of steps that many would associate with the removal of an official
Like when Clinton was impeached?

>muh russia meme dies
>"m-muh obstruction of justice!!!"
>"I-Impeach!!!"

BBBBBLLLLULUUUUMMMBBBPBPPFFFPFPPFFP!!!!!!!!!!!!

IIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMBBBBPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAACHHHHCHCHC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you piss me off so much. Just lurk more, youdon't have to post dumb threads like these. What people actually believe will never come out in threads like this, but you will understand it if you come to understand the board. I fucking hate niggers that can't follow the most basic 6-month waiting etiquette

>Political science major
>Not against Trump
You must be lonely.

>Well I hope that comes sooner than later, it sounds promising.
I can almost guarantee that it'll be the latter.
Check the catalog, the good threads are usually on the last few rows

You'd be surprised.
I went to a southern school that has produced more than a few billionaires. The political science/legal department faculty that I keep in touch with are all shaking their head.
Predominately left wing (obviously), they're all stupefied by the current climate and what the left is doing. Trump is a novice, it's obvious, but he isn't a criminal like the left was shown to be.
What worries me is that calm people with usually reasonable thoughts are worried about the US being so fractured due to the DNC, that there might be small clashes or a micro civil war.
It's already obvious that the cops aren't trained or ready for anything that has taken place, or that will take place.

I guess that depends on whether you want a government where the true power lies with unelected, unaccountable, rogue bureaucrats or a representative government where those who are elected are accountable to the voters.
Seems to me, at the moment, that the bureaucracy is running the show. Look at all of the scandals in the bureaucracy during the Obama years. IRS, HHS, ATF higher ups were all questioned before congress on various scandals; all of them invoked the fifth. Now we have a constant stream of leaks that appear to be intended to do as much damage to the President as possible. This surely isn't what the founders intended, wouldn't you agree?
If you agree, then what redress does any American have? Clearly voting at the ballot box won't result in any real change with the bureaucracy being so powerful.

>others would potentially rise up in violence

They have already risen up in violence and Trump hasn't done anything yet. They rose up in violence the moment he was elected.

Civil wars often times start with an attempted coup. What's going on right now in Washington looks more and more like a soft coup with every day that passes. The left has gone completely crazy, openly calling for or legitimizing political violence. My fear is that they push it too far and aren't ready for what faces them when the right has finally had enough. Glad I'm not a leftist.

That's actually being played out right now.
A president was elected by the clearly stated and well known rules.
He's being usurped.
A right wing militia movement is growing in the US.
It has been growing since the "Red Scare" of the 1950's.
>youtube.com/watch?v=QCW76mKnsww&t=30s
>youtube.com/watch?v=oWnuQWZJqiw&t=6s
>thehill.com/policy/national-security/265062-militia-movement-growing-at-rapid-rate
>zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-26/citizen-militia-experiences-explosive-growth-following-last-election
It's actually really concerning, considering my last comment

Fuck off FBI

The right is historically very patient. The left, not so much... However, pic related.

I think Trump has bigger demons to deal with,
like a crumbling infrastructure left by Obama,
and the silent rumble of the right wing militias

>impeachment
>2 years for nixon
>6 years for clinton (who still served)

>The only way to stop being corrupt is follow someone more corrupt.

Trump supporters.

This; Trump has been fueling the people who hates him.

>cease

Typical illiterate Trump summerfag

The militia movement is a natural response to an increasingly dysfunctional political environment, tbqh. Many on the right have seen the writing on the wall for decades and have been preparing themselves for what I think we can say today is the inevitable breakdown of civil society in the United States. The left, on the other hand, sees the destruction of civil society as progress and takes comfort in it. If you are comfortable, you do not prepare. They believe "it could never happen here" and, when confronted with the reality that it could, revert to "government take care of it". It's a fantasy, of course, in more ways than they understand. Cognitive dissonance is a cold hearted bitch.

Most right wing militias are 100% with Trump.

Will Mike Pence pardon him?

>The left, on the other hand, sees the destruction of civil society as progress and takes comfort in it.

The left thinks it is you guys who are destroying western society.

I think both sides are experiencing some unreasonable levels of cognitive dissonance.
The left's is pretty obvious and often mocked and put on display here, the right is probably a more dangerous matter.
The right is romanticizing, not just violence, but a full scale internal war against leftist and reaffirmation of the original constitution. A lot of those people are vets from the first gulf war forward. Obama even classified returning vets as domestic threats and put them on watch list.
I stand with the right wing, but I think there needs to be more direct and clear action by the current administration before civil unrest escalates irreversibly.

there's that cognitive dissonance

But what kind of action do you think should be taken?

What would you do if it was leaked that Donald Trump is a member of the actors union
and signed a (((contract)))
for a reality tv show
where he will play US president
and read (((scripts)
Would Donald Trump be classified as a crisis actor
or a ham actor
in a 'character role'

Depending on the extent of the obstruction, IE if it falls into treasonous territory I probably wouldn't support him anymore, but we all know it's Bullshit so it's kind of a moot point.

That's tricky.
A lot of the DNC members and former and current associates should be arrested for voter fraud and Clinton should be arrest for (pick one of the dozens of felonies).
The leakers that are releasing information that is weakening the state should be arrested and given a trial.
James Comey should be investigated for perjury.
Really, overall, there needs to be a massive purge of corruption on both sides of the isle in the US for the country's continued stability.
Idk if that will happen, but I do know that the militia movement has grow at a terrifying rate over the last 50/60 years and that they actually had two conflicts with federal agencies during the Obama administration, one bringing thousands with weapons to protest the bureau of land management. I think that's a pretty terrifying fact that cast a shadow on small antifa protesters with bike locks.

Again, cognitive dissonance.
Obama was elected in 2008 as a candidate who was against gay marriage. Now we're led to believe that gay marriage is a bedrock fundamental aspect of western society.
Immigration from non-european countries was extremely rare prior to 1965. Notable exceptions include the Chinese in California and Africans for obvious reasons. In fact, immigration to the United States happened in fits and starts, with a lot of time between periods of high immigration, for most of the history of the United States. This allowed assimilation to take place. This is not the way we are doing things today, obviously. How can you argue that unfettered immigration of ethnically and culturally different people who have very different morality/ethics is a bedrock principle of western society when this paradigm has only existed for a very brief period in western society?
1984 hit on the problem, it's called newspeak. The left is trying to change the definition of what "western society" means and will discount attempts by the right to point to historical precedent as a guide to what western society means.
If we want to go full diversity and acceptance of other cultures, then why shouldn't we let Muslims practice sharia law in the west? Why shouldn't we allow them to stone their wives for infidelity and throw gays off of buildings? It is a part of their culture, after all. We shouldn't accept these things because we view this behavior as immoral, however, cultural intolerance (a historically western trait) is also viewed as immoral these days.
The leftist definition of "western society" is an impossible paradox. It cannot peaceably exist in reality and it never existed in the history of the west.

>militia movement
Redpill me on this. I thought it was totally owned by the feds

>I think there needs to be more direct and clear action by the current administration before civil unrest escalates irreversibly.
I absolutely agree. The caveat is the timing; this shit needs to be done IMMEDIATELY. We just had an assassination attempt on Republican congressmen from the left. We've had riots, death threats, assaults, and I believe there have been a few politically motivated deaths attributable to leftists recently (2 stabbed to death by bernie supporter?).
>When?
That is the question, when is it going to be myself or someone I care about getting hit in the head w/a bike lock, shot at, beaten, simply for supporting our President? Are you arguing that we shouldn't defend ourselves or our Republic from what increasingly looks like a soft coup from the bureaucracy and politically motivated leftist violence happening in parallel? I'm not sure it's at that point yet, but I don't have much hope that we will back down from the precipice.

see
>The caveat is the timing; this shit needs to be done IMMEDIATELY.
Trump is a green thumb, don't know if that will happen.
>Are you arguing that we shouldn't defend ourselves or our Republic from what increasingly looks like a soft coup from the bureaucracy and politically motivated leftist violence happening in parallel?
I have a carry permit. If someone tries to hit me with a bike lock, I'll shoot them and anyone associated with them that poses that same threat. Everyone has that right.
As for the soft coup, we can think about crossing that bridge when we're closer to it.

If I were American, I would organize a riot and start breaking things up, possibly burning entire buildings.

I wouldn't actually do it myself, but I would scream around and try to create a climate where the bravest ones would do it.

I the demonrats manage to remove Trump, I think civil war is the only solution.

But I am not American, so I will just watch.

declare him galactic empoeror
nuke europe and china and israel into stone age
slaughter all minorities n jews
build mansions n swimming pools and fuck the women

Start checking off the list.

I would flip. Heead to D.C. In a van to live in and hang out at YMCA for two months...and.........

>I didn't mean that impeachment was the definitive step to removal but it is the most grandiose of steps that many would associate with the removal of an official.

Yes, we understand people don't know what words mean.

We also understand the media is going to run with nonstop Nixon comparisons to prime their sheep.

If you think I will reveal what I would do to a tentacle of academia, you are mistaken.

fpbp

Fuck off faggot data miner