Is intellectual mediocrity one of the main causes of atheism?

Is intellectual mediocrity one of the main causes of atheism?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_atheists_in_science_and_technology
dailycollegian.com/2015/05/08/neil-degrasse-tyson-its-okay-not-to-know/
youtube.com/watch?v=EJwhqhqBtbo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fake quote bra

that and the special snowflake meme.

>mom said im smart but i hate reading, i can only understand math on an autistic level, and i have no imagination or creativity. but i dont believe in god so mom's right! all those BASED SCIENCE! MANZ XD said so!

Nah. He literally said somethings along those lines.

>high schoolers and social science majors talking shit on people who believe different things while referencing intellectual mediocrity
love the irony

> literally
> along those lines
we need to talk, user

Yes, absolutely.

The greatest scientists of all time were Christians.

Meanwhile aheists have Bill Nye and DeGrasse Tyson.

Look up the definition of "literal," and stop being so pedantic.

>christniggers literally think they're as intelligent as Newton

>The greatest scientists of all time were white
ftfy

and the guy who came up with the term 'meme'

>Fake quote bra
Theists are well known for falsifying quotes, doctoring texts, lying about history and generally using disinformation to demonstrate their "superior morals"

See: David Barton

At least he got the joke. I was hoping the LBGT poster would get it too be it didn't reply.
And the definition of "literally" is "exactly".

No. As atheism became mainstream, mediocrity followed.
Anything from the masses will become average(which is the meaning of mediocrity)

Where's the rebuttal?

Show your sauce or shut up.

Give me one good reason why atheism as a whole is bad and religion is soooo good. And no stupid "edgy atheists, gaythist" bullshit. show me some arguments

>The greatest scientists of all time were Christians.

What a stupid and easily disproven argument.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_atheists_in_science_and_technology

The paradox of existence is this: Either Chaos Theory is true something can come from nothing, thus here we are due to extraordinary luck.

or

A God or Gods or The Force from Star Wars, etc. is eternal and creative and builds things, thus here we are. Also an extraordinary bit of luck.

Chaos Theory could also allow for the existence of an All Powerful Creative Force and Eternal Creative forces would be capable of creating something from nothing, according to all the major religions.

How the fuck does it all work? If there is a God or multiple Gods, I'd like to know what the first thing they remember is. When did they become self aware?

>Implying atheists have consistent morals.

Religious people have superior morals since they can all collectively agree and follow them. With atheism, morals are relative because you all don't follow a similar belief system together. Common sense isn't an argument, since that can be subjective.

At least religious people can convince each other if you do something like kill another person (no it's not absolute, I'm sure self defense when necessary can be forgiven) you'll have God to face in the afterlife.

Fear of God allowed mankind to self reflect, think before it acted, etc. You can argue all day but you know this to be true.

Atheism is benign until it starts to mimic Satanism/Hedonism (Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law.)

It is one thing to question everything around you and ask where God is? Why is the all powerful creator so quite?

It is a much different thing to say any human behavior ought to be tolerated because "It's like OMG, soooo mean to tell other people not to do whatever they want."

The major religions at least try to keep order and discipline in society. Atheism is great for learning new truths but the lack of standards of behavior, combined with a denial of the extraordinary state of our existence is leading to rampant Hedonism thus instability.

>implying theists have consistent morals

>Where's the rebuttal?
Declarations can be refuted, but lies are lies and need no rebuttal.

You must be new here.

Yes.

newton was actually more interested in alchemy and spiritual shit than anything else. his physics and math was more of just a side thing (he also feared persecution from the christian church i believe). the majority of his esoteric works were taken by jews though, and they're in the library of jerusalem

>Atheism is benign until it starts to mimic Satanism/Hedonism
Religions do this too

Impressed, thanks

how does that prove anything retard? stop trying to use other's beliefs to bolster your own intelligence, or should i say lack thereof.

Atheism doesn't bind people together. That seems like a good thing, as long as you don't run into a society that is full of people strongly bound together.

>With atheism, morals are relative because you all don't follow a similar belief system together.
All morals are relative. Men make morals. Even you acknowledge that men wrote your morals.

>Religious people have superior morals since they can all collectively agree and follow them.
But there are hundreds upon hundreds of different religions all with relatively different moral codes. The proves that even religious morals are subjective.

>At least religious people can convince each other if you do something like kill another person (no it's not absolute, I'm sure self defense when necessary can be forgiven) you'll have God to face in the afterlife.
Some killing is moral, some killing is immoral? Sounds pretty relative to me.

>Atheism doesn't bind people together.
Slavery binds people together. We'd rather be free of the mind manacles.

>stop trying to use other's beliefs to bolster your own intelligence
See

Isaac Newton was a hardcore theists dipshit.

I don't think so, but it definitely gives and excuse to a lot of idiots to be intellectually lazy and repeat bromides from "pop science man of the month".
The rise of the state is more of a cause than anything else, though that also means you are dealing with mental igits as well. I am not a believing Christian, but the cultural importance of Christianity cannot be denied even with it's flaws and the mistakes. Everyone ignores or flat doesn't know, that it is the religion that put the idea of the divine in man. Probably the most important concept in human history and you would not have this idea of individual rights with out this concept.
So Christians keep it up, people would benefit from a little church now and then.

>Isaac Newton was a hardcore theists dipshit
He was not a "theists dipshit"
He was a literalist and occultist.
He was a heretic who did not believe in the divinity of your Yeshua
He believed in magic like alchemy

Newton wasn't the one I was calling a dipshit.

Religion itself and the people who claim to believe, is whole different thing.

Yep. A lot of so called believers don't actually walk their talk or follow their holy books very closely.

The biggest surprise for me was how quickly the modern Christian church began to stop preaching against homosexuality. (I grew up as an ultra Liberal atheist/hedonist and white, anti white.) It was not until I watched my own life fall apart that I began to really question the nature of existence and what all of us were really doing here.

I will always be a skeptical man, but watching nearly every church, school and business drop standards in favor of "being tolerant," shook me awake about 15 years ago. I slowly began to shape up.

The fundamental versions of the major religions are really on to something with how to run a society. I believe that someone very powerful is subverting them all in an attempt to gain a world Empire.

Christianity and Islam are the last two major obstacles to that dream. That's why they are being pitted against each other.

It is. But it's intellectual mediocrity from reilgionfags that causes it. You people are literally retarded and seeing that retardation makes people see religion for what it is: a garbage scam.

for the most part, i guess
if you look at most atheists, they're just larping psuedo-philosophical faggots who pretend like they devote their lives to science but know nothing more than the writers of rick and morty

Most people don't know shit about science and philosophy, wether religious or atheist.

Kek. He died a virgin like most Christ Cucks.

We can observe but we wont comprehend. Just follow the universal morals that most religions subscribe to and youre on the the safe side

>atheists,
We're all born not believing in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy nor God.

>psuedo-philosophical faggots
The irony of this is homosexuals literally flock to the flocks by joining the priesthood in order to ass-rape young boys. The become Scoutmasters and school teachers too, but the church will literally defend the priest-rapists from any legal justice.

>who pretend like they devote their lives to science
Science has nothing to do with failing to believe in phony, made-up gods. If you were a lot smarter, you'd realize how utterly stupid you sound when you make this false claim.

>but know nothing more than the writers of rick and morty
It's better than knowing less than Bronze Age goat-fucking, sheep-shagging, sand-nigging, Middle-Easterners.

You're wasting your breath. Nothing matters save for the fact that some people they like believe in God, therefore God must exist, therefore you're just a fedora-wearing obese autist and you know nothing, so shut up.

Telling religionfags anything will get you nowhere. You have to force them to realize religion is manmade and makes no sense in such a shocking way they can't suppress the cognitive dissonance anymore.

I'm intellectually mediocre because I don't believe in things supported by zero evidence? Is proof, any proof, so much to ask? Why are we expected to discard all human reason when discussing religion?
And I doubt Newton's idea of "god" was that of some dude in the sky who created us in his image. He probably viewed god as a metaphor for something else entirely.

>they can't suppress the cognitive dissonance anymore.

I agree. Our brains have evolved in way that strongly promotes the ability to reason, however we can "suspend disbelief" to engage in brief flights of fantasy. We needed our imaginations to be able to hypothize and plan ahead. We needed to be able to speculate on the movements of herds, etc. Irrational thinking has some utility for very short periods and our brains are well suited for it. However, we are not meant to suspend our disbelief for long periods of time. Living in delusions and daydreams would have been the fastest path to paleolithic death.

The irrational beliefs of theists, for extended periods are having a profound and deleterious effect on their brain's chemistry. Holding mutually exclusive concepts without question or scrutiny creates a harmful cognitive dissonance. The long term strain of this deliberate dissonance damages their ability to think rationally.

It even causes insane beliebers to spout patently ridiculous nonsense like, "The universe was created by a magic sky daddy" and "Atheism is a religion", etc. Atheism is only the non-belief in made-up gods. Any other definition is falsified and a clear symptom of this lack of rationality.

Issac Newton was a hermit who obsessively read the bible trying to decode the secret to alchemy. He was unironically autistic and you shouldn't take everything he says as the word of God because hes famous.

>believing in fairy tales despite no evidence of my specific ideas about the origins of the universe and what happens after death because i'm a coward and extremely afraid of death is ok because some notable people throughout history believe the same lies I do.

an intellectual follows reasoning and observation not belief and feelings. get fucked brainlet.

(((Isaac Jewton)))

Our entire culture is filled with masonic occult lies and sophistry. To know God, just look at his creations.

Says an 80 year old virgin.

When the Jew says "frog" the atheist says "how high?"

well yeah, the difference is, most people don't pretend they do

Degrasse Tyson is at least an actual scientist.
Nye is a fucking mechanical engineer tries to look like an actual educated person even though he has practically no experience in any scientific field.

>We're all born not believing in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy nor God.
the atheist from birth argument is retarded
>The irony of this is homosexuals literally flock to the flocks by joining the priesthood in order to ass-rape young boys. The become Scoutmasters and school teachers too, but the church will literally defend the priest-rapists from any legal justice
what do gay priests have to do with pseudo-philosophy?
>Science has nothing to do with failing to believe in phony, made-up gods. If you were a lot smarter, you'd realize how utterly stupid you sound when you make this false claim.
I'm fucking agnostic, dude, but you're a blind retard if you can't realize majority of atheists are just trying to fit the stereotypical version of a genius
>It's better than knowing less than Bronze Age goat-fucking, sheep-shagging, sand-nigging, Middle-Easterners.
What????

>To know God, just look at his creations.
Like Bubonic Plague, Yellow Fever, Smallpox, etc.

>When the Jew says "frog" the atheist says "how high?"
So when the atheist guy (Hugh Laurie) says something atheist, but it happened to be written by a guy born to Jewish parents, it must be a religious thing?

That's a real stretch, even for theists who make things up for a living.

DeGrasse Tyson is the product of affirmative action, without it he would not be a "scientist" at all.

"Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson is the first to admit that he didn’t get the best grades or SAT scores, but he doesn’t let that stop him as an internationally renowned astrophysicist – and he doesn’t want it to stop the new University of Massachusetts graduates."

dailycollegian.com/2015/05/08/neil-degrasse-tyson-its-okay-not-to-know/

I remember when I was an atheist. I was edgy and truly felt I was the smartest shit just for knowing who Hitler was at fifth grade. To my religion teacher I always asked him the typical questions a fedora asks: "but what about the crusades?". At that time TheAmazingAtheist was still very left leaning and he was my idol. Funny thing even he doesn't want to be associated with the word atheist or liberal anymore.

How times have changed.

Hugh Laurie was paid by a Jew to say his fictional character's lines which were written by a Jew on a Jew directed and produced TV show.

youtube.com/watch?v=EJwhqhqBtbo

Hugh Laurie will say whatever his Jewish owners pay him to say.

Jews promote atheism because atheism is degeneracy.

To think a book written by man has all the answers, that is ignorant. Better than that lets worship Pepe frog.

>All morals are relative. Men make morals. Even you acknowledge that men wrote your morals.

I'm an Atheist and I wouldn't even say "all morals are relative" because it's tautological.

There are some objective morals, i.e. empirical, and some are subjective; but morality isn't one or the other or you end up saying nothing.

if morals are relative then there is no wrong or right just different morals and it souds relative to you because you are a moron

If we live in a multiverse, God very likely does not exist
If our universe is the only one, God pretty much must exist, or some other form of intentional creation

Bumping and dumping with some prime (((atheist))) check-maters....

Mediocrity is one of the pillars of post modernism.

>God exists

Prove it. The bible says God answers prayers. If prayers have a physical effect on the real world, then it would leave evidence. So run and experiment and fucking prove it.

Surely SOMEONE has recorded evidence of prayer after 2000 years of praying?

Arrogance substituting for intellectualism = atheism.

>Hugh Laurie was paid by a Jew to say his fictional character's lines
Hugh Laurie is an atheist. What he said was a little rude, but not completely out of character for a non-believer. Being paid to say it by Hindu or Taoist wouldn't make any difference.

>Jews promote atheism
Atheism rejects Judaism
>because atheism is degeneracy.
And millennia of senseless slaughter, depravity, brutality and immorality by religious groups isn't?

Newton was fucking nuts though.

And your Semitic demon isn't God.

>So when the paid shill (Hugh Laurie) says something atheist...

B E S T

FUCK (((ATHEISM)))

yes

I like this one

Most christians can't agree as to the exact interpretation of the bible, which causes huge differences in morals.
>inb4 not true christians

Also, I'd argue that a very religious person (as in driven by the religion, fear of god, etc) can not be moral. If the only reason for you to do anything good is a reward after you die, and the only reason you don't do bad things is fear of punishment from god, you're objectively a terrible human being.

>There are some objective morals, i.e. empirical
Do I smell an ought being derived from an is?

Napoleon Hill, author of considered one of the best books ever printed (Think and Grow Rich) stated that the most noteworthy individuals on earth practice prayer. It is called auto suggestion, where when you either physically recite or listen to audio stimulus you can rewire the narrative of your subconscious mind. His partially deaf son cured his incurable illness through prayer.

Religion may not be true, but that doesn't diminish it's usefulness in controlling populations and pushing them towards productive and positive behavior.

>an cap
>morals

I think one of the biggest intellectual (or psychological) problems we face now is the fact that in the modern day, with almost everyone knowing how to read and write (complexly), tens of millions of normal faggots mistake literacy with insight and intelligence and greatness.

I'm a LARPer who reads 2 books a month at max so I'm no intellectual, but there's so many egotistical neckbeard personalities in this world, and all of them come to Sup Forums as flies on shit.

The most important thing to be aware of is the external instillation of bind and limit. True, most religions (especially the corrupt christian church of today) instill inherently unreasonable limits upon people (i.e. the seven deadly "sins") with the threat that pleasure = hell. The only crime comittable in this world is the "removal, suppression, and limitation of gods light" (killing/lying/boundaries/instilling metaphorical "coldness" upon someone/making someone "blind" and "senseless")

God is infinite, and no god would ever punish someone for the cultivation and transmission of internal "heat", only transmitting "cold".

THIS WORLD IS DUALISTIC IN NATURE!!!! HOT AND COLD IS THE 'COIN" THAT APPLIES TO LIVING ORGANISMS!!!!

>worlds smartest and most educated people are overwhelmingly atheist
>intelectual mediocrity
Wut.
Also Newton was a nut

Gnostics were literary eco-communist faggots. Inquisition did nothing wrong.

Atheism is a tough bluepill. It's hard to believe in invisible sky people in a faggot, materialist, marxist shitty world.

Atheist don't exist. Only larpers pretending to be atheist.

Fact

>Think and Grow Rich
>one of the best books ever printed

Religious people don't exist. Only larpers pretending to be religious.

Fact

true. i'm an atheist, but i still think religion has played an important role in mantaining a virtuous and organized society in the last 200 years.