The US national debt has decreased $101 billion since election day

The US national debt has decreased $101 billion since election day

treasurydirect.gov/NP/debt/search?startMonth=01&startDay=20&startYear=2017&endMonth=06&endDay=16&endYear=2017

Other urls found in this thread:

treasurydirect.gov/NP/debt/search?startMonth=01&startDay=20&startYear=2009&endMonth=06&endDay=16&endYear=2009
politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/feb/25/donald-trump/why-donald-trumps-tweet-about-decline-national-deb/
archive.is/FxRpJ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How is this possible? Don't we still have a budget deficit, meaning the debt would increase under Trump but at a lower rate than it did under Obama?

Bump

No idea how it's possible. I recall Trump boasting on twitter about two months in that the debt was down $20 billion under him. I decided to check it again just now and it's still going down. These are treasury numbers, too.

libtard freaking out

very simple explanations.

there are lies, dam lies and statistics. It is all in how you count the beans.

The truth, of course, is that we are in a bigger hole every day, nothing is going to change that

liberal denying the truth

if you dont trust our treasury, might as well civil war, right goy?

I don't know about that. As an experiment, go back 8 years to see Obama's progress in parallel to Trump's:

treasurydirect.gov/NP/debt/search?startMonth=01&startDay=20&startYear=2009&endMonth=06&endDay=16&endYear=2009

There was an increase of nearly $800 billion by this point.

I don't know if the decrease can be attributed to Trump, but there is a decrease occurring and you can see it in black and white on the treasury website.

"dam lies and statistics"
basically saying damn lies and facts, the facts are the ones that always get ya!

not a liberal, trump voter and still very much on board.

unfortunately I am an engineer and can read and do basic math.

Even with the creative way we turn our social security debt into an asset and hiding discretionary expenses we are in a hole, and we will continue to be in a hole.

The breakdown goes something like this:
taxes 1.5T
Social security. 1.1T
corporate taxes plus excises etc. 0.5T

Total income 3.2T
Total Expenses 4T

yet the government disagrees
im not going to listen to you when i can read something else and get a totally fucking different story

and you sound like a fucking tin foil hat tard

Nice trips faggot

read my first post, it is all in how you count the beans.

love it when lefties post discretionary spending pie charts and claim that half of our budget spending goes towards the military. ignorance is bliss

I'm heterosexual, nigger.

>2016 federal budget
trump wasnt president in 2016 a hurr durr

Couldn't it just be that the value of the US dollar is rising, so it takes fewer dollars to cover the same debt?

Something to do with how the fiscal year fall perhaps?

Trump has not passed a budget yet. hurr durr

sorry faggot

I have no idea where you got the idea that I though spending less than half on military makes any sense? I am just trying to point out we spend 4T and "earn" 3T.

there is going to be debt piling up, face facts

No idea, but the USD peaked in Dec. 2016 and has fallen slightly since, so perhaps not
>I have no idea where you got the idea that I though spending less than half on military makes any sense
I was speaking in reference to your screenshot where there was a budget pie chart. just thought of that off the top of my head

you are correct in stating that the new budget recently passed under trump has a deficit of roughly $480 billion

Problem is that as soon as congress sees money they will spend it instead of paying down the debt or even putting money in the ponzie scheme Social Security.

there has unfortunately NOT been a budget passed under Trump.

his PROPOSED budget has a 480B deficit, now Congress and the Senate go to work adding in their pork pet projects.

Expect at least 1T deficit by the time they are done with it.

Found this story.
politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/feb/25/donald-trump/why-donald-trumps-tweet-about-decline-national-deb/
"Debt levels go up and down in the short run based on independent factors such as quarterly tax payments and predetermined expenditure patterns,"
Whatever the fuck that means. Still, can they really vary by 100 billion freaking dollars?

Always archive it
archive.is/FxRpJ

Thanks man

debt jubilee will change that

>debt jubilee
you are actually not far off. There is a simple reason why we don't care about the debt.

It is all about mind over matter. We don't mind, because the debt does not matter.

>since election day
So Obama already had it under control?

yet ive heard nothing of this
>captcha
guys. . . . .. . ??

Sage