Books don't make you smart at all

i don't know where to begin. at first, book is nothing but a movie in a written form. let me explain what i mean: movie is digital (do i use right word?) form of storytelling while book is readable one.
i am not going to discuss which one is better and how movies can't even hold a candle to books (yes, i too agree reading book is more entertaining way though); however, no way reading book being more interesting and amusing than watching movie proves that books make someone smarter than he is.
i just think books keep being considered this valuable, miraculos and wise because of the fact that it comes from ancient times and somehow makes us think it's this amazing; i think we have strong affection towards past and find everything old wise.
only books that make you actually smart is scientific/research/history books; ones that actually teach us math, physics, chemistry, biology, grammar, national or world history, lots of facts and so on. that's what i call knowledge; and knowlegde itself is what makes us smart indeed.
"ya know, bud, i just read paulo coelho and i just found key of life succezz broh. try yourself m8". sorry, mate, i don't need fictional characters to successfully manage finding paths to success, victory and satisfication.

BOOKS DON'T MAKE YOU SMART AL ALL

Holy fuck learn proper english and arguments you faggot kike. Literally kill yourself saged as fuck.

Bizarre

exactly what grammar mistakes did i make?

fool. absolute fool. you will be lost forever. hell awaits your ignorance.

Nothing makes you smart. Smarter people, in the olden days where books were only available to the wealthy, tended to read books more often than dumber people/the poor.
>most people who couldn't read didn't, most people who learned to read were of higher social stature.
>some people who were illiterate after the printing press and more accessible books lacked the mental capacity to learn to read
>it's not so much that books made you smart, just that smart people had access to reading and the ability to read.

If you met someone today who was completely incapable of reading, would you think they were smart? No, of course not.

Saged and reported.

You're not using proper capitalization and "miraculos" is not an English word, maybe Romanian. It's "miraculous".

By the way books may not make you smart, but they're enriching, unless J. K. Rowling or E. L. James is what you read.

Wtf
is this promotion of voluntary book burnings?

I enjoy reading, but my god, I don't retain information at all. For some reason I have an absolutely terrible memory that's really held me back in life, especially in school where memory is pretty much the most important factor. I have no problems learning how to do something, say in math, but I'll forget much about what I've learned later on.

I blame it on the massive amounts of tuna I used to eat when I was younger, and through my teenage years, usually 2 cans/day. Love that shit. But probably have mercury poisoning or something that's made me a retard with memory..

lol wtf

you aren't reading books written by the important figures in America today?

Why books are good:
>Pass on cultural knowledge (In a way more complex than a 90-minute film allows)
>Improve readers' vocabulary (oi nigga like innit m8y)
>Allow insight into the minds of others (Not just looking at the face of an actor)
>Force total concentration and immersion (not checking twitter every 10 minutes)
If you don't read books, you'll still be trapped in the mind of a teenager. Advance yourselves for gods' sake.

True, but it intelligence correlates with a desire to read. How many smart people do you know never read books. And smart people know that you need thorough knowledge to speak about a topic instead of just parroting lines from youtube videos.

wtf i hate books now

Deconstruct the book and reconstruct the authors arguments in your words.You can use the blank pages to summarise or write it on a sheet and leave it in if you don't like marking your books (like me).
I always have a bunch of paper strips (15cm x 2cm) that I use as bookmarks for important stuff or quotes; I write a couple of words on them so I know what I marked.
One of my physics lecturers at university once told me not to worry about remembering formulas or values as long as I knew how to use them as I'd always be able to look them up. I take the same approach to reading. If you understand the authors argument and how they came to it the facts can be looked up.
This is basically the same as what an expository book does, taking a bunch of (referenced or common knowledge) facts and interpreting them.

The point of books, my friend, is that it helps to transform your internal narrative.

It is painfully obvious to everyone that you are not a reader.

Nice blog post you fucking faggot.

Hahahahahahahahaha. Oh shit I'm dyin

You probably have sleep apnea

Yes they do. It's called critical thinking. Given that you can't even into English maybe you should start there and work your way up retard

yeah in Romanian it's "miraculos"

>Paulo Coelho
Why would you use a hack like that to prove your point?
In any case, you are correct user. Books do not make you smart in that they do not increase your IQ. Not even by a single point. That being said, stupid people don't read, and if they do, it's books by authors like Paulo Coelho.
If you see a 25 year old who has read over a thousand books mostly comprised of nonfiction, literary fiction, poetry, and essays, chances are the person has a fucking high IQ.

And even if you are of average intelligence or lower, books do increase your crystallized intelligence, which is extremely important.

Ok, how old are you?

bunch of book reading slack jawed faggots around here.

Despite the grammar issues, he has a point. Books are outdated and less people are reading but more watching

Sadly this opens up to a wider range of brainwashing, reading is still good for learning but only if you read the right books otherwise books are becoming as stale as North Korean "Happenings"

It depends what kind of books user. You're average retard reads all the Harry Potter books and believes it's somehow boosted their intelligence.. when as you mentioned, it's just a written movie.. it doesn't force you to think or analyse jack shit, just to enjoy the ride.

But there are plenty of books that will make you a better person but I fully believe the 'i read books and hang out on reddit' faggots are a complete and utter maymay and should go and play in traffic

You sound like an idiot rationalizing why he doesn't read and this is the final judgement.

Wait are you trying to tell me reading Harry Potter doesn't actually make me smart?

Why are you overcomplicating the issue? Reading books is associated with intelligence, and rightly so. Intelligent people are more likely to read books. That doesn't mean that reading books makes you intelligent. There are stupid people who love reading and there are intelligent people who rarely, if ever, read books. However the correlation definitely exists.

and now we know why millenials are all fucking retarded, read a fucking book you faggots.

Book can impart information and psychological insights in a powerful and unique way.

But reading is just reading. It's what you read that matters.

Reading is doing more damage than good today, because the Jews and leftist ruthlessly gatekeeper what what books are published promoted. Knowledge they want you to have is promoted and celebrated... other equally important information is just never discussed or made available... you actively need to seek it out.

It's no different than the newscasts or movie business... they promote certain narratives and obfuscate others... but reading is much more deep and appeals to a higher IQ population.

Sage this shit.

>being this dumb

>don't read books, goy

Copypasta this to /lit/.

I know Georgians. The Russians are right to call you guys "churka" (block of wood).

Man are you dumb.
No wonder your country has not brought forth any human achievement at all.

Books contain knowledge. Knowledge, if you know, how to separate useful one from harmful one, helps you to understand world and people. As long as you can get knowledge you want or need, you can get it from books. As long as you just absorb everything or, if you're opposite, absorb nothing, books cannot help you.

Reading is active while film watching is passive.
Active is MUCH better for your brain.
Read make brain smart. Build strong neuropathway.

Pic related, it's you

Books will turn you into a god damn sexual tyranasaurus.