Were the 80s/90s truly a happier time or is it just nostalgia goggles?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=010KyIQjkTk
youtube.com/watch?v=fgi5xdftOIA
youtu.be/JjTjtJDZomw
youtube.com/watch?v=RYbe-35_BaA
youtube.com/watch?v=3nclj3vtg8M&t=202s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's nostalgia

I was born 93 but I don't really remember 90's at all, so I can't comment.

I can say that 00's was pretty awesome before the smartphone cancer, because people actually socialized more, and it was pretty fun to go over to someone's house to play a computer game instead of now where everyone plays alone in dark over some shitty "stream"

Some of it is nostalgia, some of it was genuinely better, but mostly we just had far less access to media, so we weren't saturated by its negativity.

When ever the height of the monday night wars in wrestling world of wcw vs wwf.
Everyone hated Canadians, I still do till this day.... Good times

it was around the 80s when strong independent women movement really gained momentum, and it was then that marriage rates began their decline. women thought it'd make them happier but it hasn't, and in turn unhappy women make for unhappy men like we have today.

It was certainly better here.
Less muslims, nicer neighbours, didn't have politics shoved in every freaking form of media.

nostalgia

It was the everything good that postmodernism had to offer, "good" being a relative term. Take from that what you will

Way less PC and the gays kinda stayed to themselves until the mid 90's. It was all downhill from there

Except for technology, everything has gotten worse since 1965.

wages were high and the cost of living was lower than it is now. It was definitely better.

Nostalgia, they will say the same thing about today 30yrs later.

The only true benefit was less phones, so you could be free from work now phone never leaves your side and everything wants your attention.

THE 90s WERE FUCKING TERRIBLE!

Everyone wanted to be a nigger

Now everyone wants to be a wealthy nerdy faggot.

80s were cool

it was happier, but a blissful idiot sort of happiness

now we're miserable but our illusions are gone

It really was.
Post 9/11 everything got fucked.

Cell phones and internet were limited, so we communicated more slowly.

Now jobs expect you to be on call 24/7 and people hire someone else when you don't answer the phone

You weren't a 90s kid you stupid faggot

Everything was better back then.

So true. I remember I would always go to my friends houses and we would play shitty multiplayer flash games online. Then smartphone cancer came, everybody laughed at me for not having one and suddenly friends didn't hang out anymore they just used video chatting and played games via streams.

This too, every arcade and mall had a contingent of wannabe gangsters all trying to fight you 24/7 and unironically wore backwards pants

Even if you wore backwards pants ironically you were still a fag

yep.

youtube.com/watch?v=010KyIQjkTk

What kind of backwards ass shit hole did you guys live in everyone I knew in the 90s loved them some grung and where still riding the sonic boom of the punk era too

Why are
>lego
>warheads
>hotwheels
>koolaid
>etc...

In that collage?

All those things still exist.
My 6 year old has all those

Grunge wasn't really a big thing on the east coast.
Punk definitely had a big scene but there was more wiggers and niggers.

This.

some nostalgia but it was actually better. ask any older adults who were already in their 20's/30's in the 80's and 90's and they'll tell you it was way better (at least in USA). economy was doing great, hilarious movies/shows, the future was super bright.

2000 was when things got kind of weird. it wasn't bad but just seemed more negative. 9/11 definitely suddenly left a huge negative stain on how we viewed the world and then everything started revolving around safety and fear. it kept getting worse from there.

that collage is awesome and brings back memories, good ones.

autistic people shouldn't be allowed to breed.

82 here
90s were fucking kickass.

Nostalgia. We had this thing called grunge. It was actually uncool to be happy. I mean can you imagine.

90s were shit tbqh, too young to remember the 80s.

We had that too but there were way more Tupac wannabes around with gang bandanas hanging out their pockets trying to stab you because you were wearing 'their colors' back in early 90s. Also lowered Chevy s10 with 'ground effects' and purple and gold paintjob with dude running out with a baseball bat trying to fight you outside 711 at 2am. Ahh the 90s.

The nigger phase came in the late 90s for me, baggy pants errrrrrrrywhere.

the golden years were 85-95

It wasn't good but it was the last era that wasn't pure shit. With 9/11 the jews kicked their plans into phase two.
You have to go back to pre-1960s if you want good.

Still is. Now it's cool to be suicidal and depressed/anxious for whatever reason

Something about the style back then turns me on.

K

But im right

Oh I think I saw that on r/me_irl

>Were the 80s/90s truly a happier time
Yes, they were. When the USSR dissolved, it seemed like there is no global threat anymore and there was a sense of worldwide unity like never before. There was a genuine optimism for the future in the air. The magical year 2000 was just around the corner and it seemed like everything beyond it will be a utopic paradise. Of course, this all was just an illusion, because (((their))) plans were different.
Then the 9/11 came.
Then the worldwide "war on terror" and the global fear surrounding it.
Then the first iPhone and the widespread degeneracy surrounding it.
Then the global (((crisis))).
Then the (((Arab spring))) and all the shitshow around it.
And now we are here.

Ppl also forget Al Gore's wife trying to ban 'offensive' music forcing me to buy Gwar CDs in parking lots from bootleggers back in 92.

I never said I was, retard.

Indeed. I even made flash games/stick animations and posted them on Newgrounds. Even made websites in Flash. Then somewhere around 2013 I learned that smartphonefags cannot browse Flash content and all this interesting Flash stuff got discarded entirely to cater to this normie cancer.

>samurai jack
>first aired: august 2001

youtube.com/watch?v=fgi5xdftOIA

Terrible in the UK.

THINGS
CAN
ONLY
GET
BETTER

There were less feminists, less transsexuals, less degenerate whores, less of everything.

So yes of course it was better. Modern life was a mistake.

Things were better in the sense that it was a lot easier to avoid what was going on in the world on a larger scale. The internet was not pervasive at all, and could still be used as a retreat from the real world.

News was only in the form of newspapers or news programs a couple of times a day. The 80s had the constant threat of nuclear annihilation, but life still went on.

Most pop culture stuff being better is just nostalgia though. I watched a bunch of sitcoms from the 90s recently, and they were nowhere near as funny as they were at the time. This could just be me being desensitised to a bunch of shit though.

Social media has killed any semblance of society though. It gives absolute retards a platform where they think anybody gives a shit.

also MASK was all but forgotten by the 90's, that was an 80's thing. Who made this horrible collage?

This is what I mean though. This stuff has only been possible by spreading it through internet slacktivism, and has warped people's perceptions on what acceptable behaviour/ life goals are.

also, pokemon didn't air until the late 90's in the US. The mania is an early 2000's thing. I was the epitome of a 90's kid; 6 in 1990 and 16 in 2000. By the time pokemon came around I was more interested in smoking pot and listening to 311

youtu.be/JjTjtJDZomw

WhatchuTalmBout

It's both better and worse now, but mostly worse. Technology is superior. So is TV, but definitely not movies. Food is generally better, but more expensive. People are much less friendly, much more divided by identity politics and cynicism. The economy is much worse.

down, down

They were pretty simple and great

Why is that picture full of kids stuff ?

20 years later... and I'm still mainly interested in smoking pot and listening to 311. Huh, kinda got stuck there

yeah

She had those cut off.

people definitely did withdraw at the advent of the internet. The access to information and clandestine nature of the thing fostered a cynicism and paranoia that has only gained steam since

local anons are mostly 90s kid. they see it as better times because at that time they didnt know anything about the world and had no life problems or responsibilities

Basically the demo of the older fans. Post-amber fans, I don't know what their deal is. I still smoke but i have a good job, so sometimes I'm all mixed up, dont know what to do.

No it was.
The u.s just bombed the shit out of everyone who had a problem with the qests decisions and everybody was ok with it while we had all kinds of cool.stuff and electronic music.
On 1.1.2000 the magic in the world died.
You think I'm joking but no..just look at fucking bluray everything looks like a fucking b movie now.

>Grunge wasn't really a big thing on the east cost

Yes it was faggot.

80's were rough, go to the wrong place wearing the wrong clothes and get a beating.
I had a skinhead cut just so I would be left alone, as people thought you were with a crew of skins.

90's were slightly better because I was older by then and you had stuff like ps1/n64 which amazed everyone.

Amber was fine within the context of From Chaos, which is one their darkest albums. The spoon-with-my-gf anthem it became was shit, though

rad times dudes

that's a cop-out, because not all of us had easy childhoods and things did change with internet, Bush, and 911

Highly under rated post.

>80's were cautiously optimistic
>90's the future looked bright, the world was going to be a true utopia
>9/11 that illusion was shattered
>00's people started to see globalism taking effect with jobs being exported and 3rd world slave labor being imported
>10's SJWism and degeneracy are at their highest

80's and 90's were the last great American decades. It's unfortunate that kids will never know that innocence, socializing, and fun before the globalist era.

youtube.com/watch?v=RYbe-35_BaA

They were a happier time

you guys coming to the Van Halen gig tonight?

I know one thing I don't miss about the 80's and 90's, the clothes they used to wear.

every time was shit, we just look on our pasts as better because it we were more naive at that time. if our current selves were to experience it, that time would lose its luster

The early 2000s were the apex of Western power and the recession robbed of us of purpose. We were United in our goal of destroying Islam. Jobs were still plentiful and we still understood our place in this world.

Since then, things have become more confused and thus, life isn't as good. The culture is broken. The politics are convoluted. The job market is recovering, but fragile.

People are outrageously politicized and the no fun squad is ruining good times... We used to have fun, we could tell off color jokes without fear of repercussions.

once again, mostly 80's phenomena, by 90's Van Hagar was just "the band that does that song from the Crystal Pepsi commercial"

youtube.com/watch?v=3nclj3vtg8M&t=202s

80s were better desu.

You're just upset because we were running wild all over you, fampai.

I think it was good until 2004. Then it went downhill

well on one hand, the music was fucking great

on the other - civil war

so.....

the title says 80's/90's

MSM controlled the narrative.

Case study in numbing the masses and doing things under their noses.

90's where a different time.

I'd pinpoint it at 9/11

I now see that, I still hate you

Way better. Better music, more cash and no niggers..

>Less feminists

No, there were "Riot Grrrl" and Tankgirl imitating bullshit galore. L7 taking out their tampons and chucking them at the audience. Courtney Love going on and on about muh womens rights in her half lesbian band. It still existed but it was way less Marxist talking points and nobody gave a shit about trannys, they just existed under the radar.

The biggest most noticeable difference between now and the 90s was less media saturation. Not being chained to a device that demands your constant attention and feeds you up to the second media propaganda was the good ol' days, whenever they were. Even Zizek in an interview waxes nostalgic for the 1940s, when the only communication of the day was the mailman delivering letters in the morning "then you were free for another 24hrs".

80's were shit, 90's were comfy

cool

I think it's more like: all eras are mostly shitty (there was plenty of angst in the 80s), but some are more shitty than others (because in the 80s we didn't have some serious social problems that exist today).

The 60s and early 70s were maybe the most confused, volatile and outright scary times the US has faced.

I want to go back!

>MSM controlled the narrative.

True, but a lot more ordinary people were redpilled and not afraid of expressing their politically incorrect opinions. In retrospect though I wonder how a lot of people got the truth before the Internet was around.

dafuc

Hey, that list is missing the best waifu simulator.

sounds just like Moncton, New Brunswick circa 1997

>a fucking leaf

the 80s and 90s had more areas to go to. Now it's dangerous to go almost anywhere for fear of dindu mob violence.

only in certain parts of cities.. most places had nowhere near the level of crime that we have today. You really think there are fewer criminals today than back then?

I hung out with the skids and between the wiggers and the Iranians, we had a fight on our hands every day of the week.

I think we tacked on about 2 bill in global population since like 95