Why do Americans have so much German ancestry?

According to this map it seems that the average American has more German ancestry than English ancestry. Why did so many Germans decide to leave the wealthiest areas of europe for north-America?

Other urls found in this thread:

futuretimeline.net/21stcentury/2080-2089.htm#mexico-usa-territory
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You are not familiar with German history from ~1600-1850, are you?

Not enough to answer this question

Becuase Germany was poor in the 19th century. They are in the wealthiest areas because they moved to nigger free places.
But my German ancestors moved here in the 18th century, rather than one of those plebs that came in 1880.
Also in reality English ancestry is higher, it just doesnt show up because people only report their most recent ancestor

USA#1 and this is why,

Then read fucking books instead of going on a Japanese image board.

The Gov. needed people to live out west, so they gave anyone 160 acres of land. This lured a lot of immigrants, and there was a lot of German diaspora at the time. Everyone's a little bit kraut though. We're just a mix of everything, 2bh.
I'm Scotch-Irish, German, and Wyandot

Do you have any affinity with your German ancestors. Also, was it important from which part of the HRE/Germany someone came from when he arrived in the USA? Did Bavarians and Prussians live segregrated from each other?

All different parts, but only Lutherans. Where my dads side was from was settled by Lutheran Germans(meaning modern day Germans, Austrians and Swiss) hence why that side of my family(which is also the only side of the family that I consider my family, I dont like talking about my mom's hick family) is probably mostly German with some Scottish or English(I dont have an exact admixture).
No I dont really have any affinity with my German ancestors, other than the fact that I went to a Lutheran church when I was a kid.
My mom also has a german last name but it comes from some post civil war Pennsylvania carpetbagger. And her side of my family is all religious and stuff, I dont like talking to them.

I fucking hate how you Americans go on about your ancestry like you don't have an identity of your own.

>wyandot
lol subhuman alert

Agreed. We are all Anglos now

If you were to look at a map consisting of only European ethnicities, you'd see a lot more English ancestry in the South. Also, people who identify as "American" are typically of English ancestry, and do so on account of how long their family has been here.

>19th century germans
>legendary_autism.exe
>literal
>bureaucratic
>only care about bottom line
>betray homeland for shekels
checks out

White Americans aren't allowed to have an identity, because Jews have made it so that literally anyone can become an American, and any exclusionary sentiment is decried as hate speech.

However, it's okay for us to be Irish, Italian, etc. and most people tend to crave an identity, so they identify with whatever shows up at the top of their 23&me.

There's no such thing as American identity, or nation. Just like British can mean Anglo, Celt, or Norman.

The Anglos are up north. The south is mostly Scotch Irish or Norman Cavalier.

now compare to this

I recommend the people in this thread read Albion's Seed to learn about America's main European immigrants.

English Americans, also referred to as Anglo-Americans, are Americans whose ancestry originates wholly or partly in England, a country that is part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. In the 2014 American Community Survey, English Americans are (7.6%) of the total population.[5]

However, demographers regard this as a serious undercount, as the index of inconsistency is high, and many, if not most, people from English stock have a tendency (since the introduction of a new "American" category (See Old Stock Americans) in the 2000 census) to identify as simply Americans[6][7][8][9] or if of mixed European ancestry, identify with a more recent and differentiated ethnic group.

Meaning a lot of Americans with one German great grandfather will call themselves "german american" even though they are mostly British

I disagree. I'll bet if you were to try to put together an average ancestry DNA or 23&me report for the average American, they'd tend to be some mixture of Irish, German, English, and Scottish.

We're a new unique European ethnic group, just like the Boers, or any other European colonial people.

In the Northeast, yeah, but there's also a heavy concentration of them in the south.

my grandmother told my mom she was german dutch, anyone know what the fuck that even means?

Precisely

Aren't Boers 90% dutch?

Maybe she meant Pennsylvania Dutch, who are german. Interesting, Netherlands used to be considered apart of germany. And at this time there was no Prussia so the Netherlands was the only relevant German state, so they were called Dutch or Deutsch, and it stuck

Dunno, don't you call most things Dutch when you actually mean German to begin with? Just like Pennsylvania Dutch etc

that she was a cunt?

Meme. Same with those Americans who say they are Cherokee but have only 1/64th Native ancestry. Most are Anglo but lots of Americans identify with the German-American heritage because its different.

Possibly. I know their language is partially derived from Dutch if I'm not mistaken. But I think there might be some combination of German and English as well.

I agree that White Americans are pretty unique. Tom Brady I think is a pretty good example imo of a general white american, hard to say where exactly in Europe his ancestors are from other than just north west

theyve always lived in Pennsylvanian as far as i know, so it must just be a colloquial term.

truth is somewhere in the middle, 23andme sez i'm half british, a third german, and i'm from the midwest

White Americans would primarily be some combo of British, German and Irish with some Italian, French and Scandinavian. But we are not an ethnic group by ourselves, we are a subset of the Anglo ethnic group

Lets be real, those are niggers and injuns. One drop rule

>le russian "america is 21% white" meme guy

In that case, a lot of Americans would identify with the German heritage because its unique compared to the more common Anglo/British ancestry. Not that it matters, Anglos and Germans are blood related anyway.

Genghis Khan thinks his opinion is relevant

I'm mostly Swedish and German.

Both sides of the family came here because Europe was cucked, still is cucked.

Settled in Wyoming and Idaho, a true Scandinavian territory other than North West Europe.

Jesuit subversion took its toll, and Protestant Germans got the hell out of there.
Suggest a book then, you useless cripple.

They don't, thats based entirely on feels and last names. That means if an American is 25% Italian, 25% Irish, 25% black, 12.5% German dna 12.5% Scottish he is now a "German" American due to his last name.

Wow its almost like Germans were the original Mexicans, and were hated immensely even though they became part of the base framework of the country, and its successes. Wow.

Wrong, Netherlands has never been considered a part of Germany except for during Nazi occupation, and we were sort of loosely affiliated with the Holy Roman Empire but that doesn't count. The reason they are called Dutch is because Germans refer to themselves as Deutsch and Dutch people refer to themselves as Nederlands (Netherlandish). But because the English heard them calling themselves Deutsch they confused it with Dutch, even though they are German.

I should also point out they often mix up where a name is from. See this guy >Mostly

Prime example of why Americans don't have a fucking clue about what they actually are and often are misinformed or just flat out lie.

You're probably a fucking mutt yourself Rory.

Go fuck yourself faggot.

>White Americans aren't allowed to have an identity

Yes you are, stop being a pussy and be proud of being from the same people who created and nurtured this country. I'm a minority living in a heavily white part of the country, I'll take the bantz if it means the my fellow American is happy.

>NO U
>projecting this hard

Nice way to concede Jamal. Thanks for proving my point :)

>Netherlands used to be considered apart of germany
It was part of the HRE, until they gained independence, in the 16th century no less
>at this time there was no Prussia
Kingdom of P. founded in 1700, before then you barely have any emigration to the US. At which time that is remotely relevant to US colonization was there no Prussia? Duchy of Prussia btw founded in 15**
>only relevant German state
Austria, Prussia, Hannover, Bavaria, ...
Most Germans came from smaller regions like the Palatine anyway.

American education, not even once.

No Germans were considered OK. It was the potato niggers that were hated, and with good reason.
It should be based on last names. You carry the status of your father unless your mother is a nigger or Indian

>It should be based on last names

Holy shit lol, i guess there are a lot of pure European blacks in your country then.

Yep, but the immigrants were poor. Netherlands was the only one that was relevant to the Anglos

Fuck you, I don't care if it harms the economy, Mexicans need to go. The country has effectively been flooded with them for years, and the only reason they have become the "backbone" of the country is because liberals allowed it to happen. And what liberals don't tell you is that being the "framework" of the country means higher crime rates, wasted taxpayer money, and loss of culture.

>It should be based on last names
>Even though it is your Mother who births you
Father upholds the family name sure but your Mother and her Maternal lineage births you.

You just conveniently cropped out the second sentence

btw, this graph is really out of date now, considering the mexican population has tripled since 2000. Here is the 2010 one, but that one is also out of date, because again, the mexican population has about doubled since 2010. The new map come in 2020. By 2050, hispanics are projected to be 44% of the population of USA. in 1960, they were 2.4% of the population.

Maybe, but the point still stands. Just because you have x name doesn't mean you can call yourself "x" American. It's cringey and pathetic. Stop. All you're doing is picking out your favourite mutt blood fraction and running with it.

Yeah I have a german last name but consider myself 100% Anglo

>german areas are the only white areas
Ironic as fuck desu

Do any of you autists want to make a version of that map that only counts white ethnicity? Bonus points if its interactive.

People just say they're German because family history outside of the 13 colonies is convoluted

so many fucking spics jesus christ

But are you either of those? Thats the point. You are what you are, not what you feel.

After reading way too many of these threads over the years I've come to the conclusion that burgers never have any clue about what the fuck they're talking about when it comes to their ancestry

What they're and where their family comes from usually changes on how they feel like on that particular day, and what is considered cool right now

Just always assume that you're talking with a mixed mongrel, most of the time that assumption is correct

No it's because you and the rest of the people ITT are retarded and don't know population density. A few of the british areas on the coasts outnumber the entire German heartland.

>By 2050, hispanics are projected to be 44% of the population of USA. in 1960

>tfw live in the ethnically Finnish region
>tfw the Finnish language is more widely spoken than Spanish here

I live in the midwest and most of the rural areas are tall blondish looking people and the cities are a mix of whatever. The whites in the cities are harder to identify. Mix of polish,Anglo, Italian or whatever.

The boomers destroyed our Identity, my grandparents had all sorts of cultural shit from their European roots and my parents kept none of it, I had to ask my mother just for recipe books from my grandparents because they actually made good food unlike her.

hopefully they just join the niggers in the south

>Satanic utah
top kekkles

Anglo yes. I speak English and I'm white, therefore I am anglo

You missed the point, you fucking retard. I could lose my fucking job and the ability to support my family if I were to publicly out myself as a proud white American. That's what I mean when I say we're not allowed to have an identity.

Must be nice only having to put up with bantz, though. What are you, 16?

To become wealthy with freedom.

they dont. immigration records prove it. suddenly a few decades ago people started claiming to be german. because of neo nazis being popular

cops doing their jobs isnt as good a metric of racism as pretending your german when looking at when this happened and when white power groups started popping up in every state according to FBI data

why do people always think michigan is liberal? they voted in 2004 to ban gay marraige as part of their constitution, the way the law was written wasn't even constitutional but they said "ah fuck it, thats what the voters wanted",

then there's the whole matter of poisoning the people of flint, fucking over teachers, right to work, and everywhere besides flint and detroit is white territory

there are alot of niggers in kansas, I'd hate to see what those purple states look like.

friendly reminder that future timeline predicts America will cede to the reconquista by 2082.
Its only fucking common sense. When you get one ethnic group come in and settle, they remain loyal to their tribe. That's why they will come here and wave Mexico flags, and talk about how they hate America even though they are here illegally.
And now, this is different than Irish or Germans, who willingly gave up their ethnic languages, and the vast majority of their practices, to become part of Anglo American Culture.

futuretimeline.net/21stcentury/2080-2089.htm#mexico-usa-territory

because it's full of niggers and Arabic is one of the most spoken languages

No thats not what an Anglo is, an Anglo is someone who is English. It's nothing to do with "white" or "English speaking". Thats your feels talking.

Because some Germans were sick of the "which Duke is the most autistic Duke an can rule over all of Germany" wars that were going on in the 19th century. Also starvation.

And you see that large swath of off-white in the south of america where they identify as american ancestry. If they had any idea at all they would be saying english or scottish or whatever, but they don't.

i find this funny how germans hate america so much meanwhile they are the same ppl

You ever hear a good Swedish German joke?

German inheritance laws meant that second born sons got nothing. So when your brother got the farm moving to the Midwest and getting your own farm was easy. Most German were always accepted since they had experience with modern farming and the right religion.

So basically germans, english, irish, italians, polish., by majority.
btw there are more than 1 million portuguese descendants there also, like Tom Hanks, Meredith Vieira, Katy Perry, Danielle steel and other's

it's very sad really. just look at this. in 1910 the west still had a very low hispanic population. oh how times have changed.....

>why do people always think michigan is liberal?

uhh probably because they have voted democrat in every presidential election(before trump) since 1992

So True. Boomers fell for the Frankfurt meme. Truly the most deplorable generation in history.

The American west could have been a paradise. Instead it's just becoming shit.
Taxes get misspent, our politicians are as corrupt and cucked as any they have in Europe, roadways and infrastructure is starting to lag behind traffic needs. More and more you get the feeling that it's just a run down shithole. People leave trash around more, people just don't fucking care about the state of their own yards or properties. And you see less and less white people everyday.
I can feel it more and more everyday, we are becoming like Mexico. Baby boomers destroyed the American frontier in one fucking generation, they traded it all away for cheap labor.

You've just described my genetic make!
And you are correct about the rest as well.

>German heartland
I guarantee you even they are genetically mostly British

Shit nigger their language is 95% Dutch ,
And the people mostly Dutch with some German ,English and French Huguenot

>thinking Germany existed 130 years ago

HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE

Because America has freedom.

You're not German at all.

It existed moron, it just wasn't a state

I wish I could have gotten to visit 70s/80s California. Must have been amazing

Tfw it did, unfortunately