Are dogs' status in a society a clear way to know if a culture has empathy, and with it a functioning society

Are dogs' status in a society a clear way to know if a culture has empathy, and with it a functioning society.

The Western World is one of the only places where dogs treated well, one of the few other places where this is true is Japan, and what a coincidence, Japan is the only country in Asia with a decent society.

Other urls found in this thread:

amren.com/features/2012/07/pathological-altruism/
youtube.com/watch?v=rQ-fvr2qLc0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yes. Taking good care of animals is not for savages

I can't think of a counter argument so you must be correct.

That's a pretty damn good observation you just made.

I feel it's a large part of it at least.

You might be on to something

I guess I agree. Niggers have dogs but always treat them poorly. Muslims hate dogs. Russia is overrun with stray dogs. Most asians eat dogs. Japan and hong kong treat theirs very well. I don't know anything about singapor though. I ate dog deep-pit bbq'd in mexico. They keep dogs but tend to neglect them.

There's a difference between loving your doggo and having an animal fetish. The West has an unhealthy obsession with animals. Harambe, cecil the lion, obsessively posting pictures of your pets, letting the dog sleep on the bed, feeding them organic gluten free gourmet cusine, it's somehow indicative of some broader cancer in our society.

The cancer is empathy

>Dogs' status in a society correlates to empathy
No, because different cultures have different animals that have become "family".

Centuries ago, the Horse was essential for survival, as walking on foot would kill you.
So treating it like a family member became part of the US culture.

In other countries that role is replaced by sled-dog.
In other countries cats lived in symbiosis with farmers to kill rodents.
In some countries the milk giving cow has been declared holy.

It's usually easier to check a cultures empathy by how they treat human lives.
But if you want to compare animals, compare every animal and not just what your emotional state consider "family".

the west has simply diverted it's attention away from children to animals.

the natural instincts are gone and people try to fill the biological urge with extreme care for animals.

also, our society is so urbanized and detached from natural living, that we are extremely sensitive and degenerate in our view on nature, animals etc.

Dogs are the physical manifestation of loyalty. How a person treats a dog is how they would treat one who is loyal.

Even Indians are respectul enough not to poo in front of a cow.

Empathy isn't cancer, empathy is what builds a great society.
It has become a cancer lately because people take it for granted, believing everyone has empathy, this is why mass immigration isn't shunned by everyone, but instead applauded, because people think every culture has empathy

That cow looks shaved. Do cows not have fur in other places?

I agree fully. well said. it is effectively degeneration, just not so in-the-face as f.e. gay pride parades.

a loss of priorities, common sense, healthy instincts, extreme altruism, apathy,....

just like adopting babies from the darkest corners of africa, the source of this disease is a loss of direction, self hatred, a rootless, anonymous society where neighbours are no longer known and trust in human environment has been destroyed. so people seek for pathological outlets for their excess of empathy, love, their infulfilled desire for love and loyalty,...

Empathy can always be misplaced and out of proportion. You might have empathy fir a homeless man, but you don't invite him to sleep in your house.

Yeah that's the thing, people assume like "Ahmed has a similar humanitarian outlook on life as me and he will adapt our values, he just couldn't do it in his homeland because he was oppressed there". But that culture wouldn't be so oppressive in the first place if the people weren't like that too. The culture always stems from the populace, they can't be separated

thats what happens when stay at home, middle - upper middle class house wives with tortuously boring lives begin to have brain atrophy

Posting this preemptively against evil dogger.

Interedasting correlation, user.

you may find this article helpful.

amren.com/features/2012/07/pathological-altruism/

Dogs are treated like shit in the west.
Sure dogs are treated better here than China, but we still treat dogs like shit in the background.
>Forced incest
>Dog fighting
>Breeding for genetics
>Genital Mutilation
>Feeding them unclean processed food
The only place that truly treats dogs 100% right is Japan.
So yeah, it's pretty accurate.

No, the cancer is the corruption of empathy.

Using it as a vector to drive self-destruction.

Latinos love dogs more than anyone and South and Central America suck.

youtube.com/watch?v=rQ-fvr2qLc0

We don't take good care of cows, pigs, or sheep. We treat them absolutely terribly.

did you see that video where the dog takes the subway in russia

The western world is also the only place where dogs demonstrate levels of comprehension greater than that of humans in africa.

>we

For the most part we actually treat them rather well considering that we're rearing them for agriculture.

Meanwhile most Asian societies will treat them like absolute shit and then butcher them in the most inhumane way possible.

>WUZ
Oh wait, sorry i get ahead of myself at times.

>dog fighting
>the west
Mexico is not a western country hombre.

There's a lot of different breeds of cow, lad. Think of them like dogs.

>implying I've never let a homeless person crash on my couch.

I consider people who own dogs for purposes other than tools(guard/flock animals) as people who require emotional support from a companion but are incapable of forming human relationships that fully fill this void, or overcoming it themselves via emotional independence.

for that reason, I consider a high amount of dog ownership to be correlated with a high amount of emotionally stunted and immature adults. I have little respect for people who own a pet to emulate companionship or fill their emotional insecurities, but particularly with dogs because they are a high-responsibility animal that also is detrimental to society via shitting everywhere and attacks. selfish.

that does not inversely mean that a country with low dog ownership is devoid of emotionally stunted people. it's more-so that the dogs being there are proof of the fact.

>coming from someone who watches cartoons

Wrong.

Dogs were domesticated in the middle east 10,000 BC.

The reason why dogs are shunned in alot of non-Western countries, is due to religious reasons (India, China, ME) and specifically that having a dog as a pet is very expensive. Furthermore its an emotional luxury. If my dog here in Austria gets sick, Ill take him to the vet and pay 300 Euro for him to get better, because it would be very painful to see my buddy die.

In 3rd world countries people dont get emotionally attached to pets, because if they get sick, they wont have the money to save them.

do you have any idea where you are?

There's a difference between being emotionally distant and being actively malicious towards animals.

I don't think you have any right to call someone else emotionally stunted, いも

>when you've been raising a positively sugoi shiba inu for the last year and it's the sunshine of your day every day

doggos are magic

Agreed. Ive known 5 people here in Austria (over 20 years), who got their pet poisoned by their Austrian neighbors (middle-upper class). There are assholes everywhere.

Lower social class also equals more violence and cruelty. This isnt rocket science.

I am secure in my hobby.

Yes but also treatment of children. A big reason Europe needs to suppress rapefugee crimes is this universal belief we have. I think Putin said when commenting on the case of the Austrian court dismissing the public pool rapist from Afghanistan that a country that can't protect it's children has no future.

see, the irony here being is that you think it matters what strangers think about you. you are emotionally insecure to the point of thinking it is the standard state of being human. giving a fuck is childish.

I didn't say that at all you autistic little munchkin

But you have no right saying dog owners are emotionally stunted while you escape into anime land

no you didn't say it. you simply demonstrated that you believe it in thinking that the image you posted has any significance whatsoever.

>you have no right saying dog owners are emotionally stunted while you escape into anime land
google "tu quoque"

I don't really get that, desu. The area I live in is pretty poor and most people here are respectful of animals and each other, and the crime rate is very low.

By route of coincidence it also 98% white.

>The area I live in is pretty poor

Poor is a relative term. Youre probably a pauper compared to the average Austrian.

But I was speaking in the absolute term in context of 3rd world poverty.

>poverty is defined in either relative or absolute terms. Absolute poverty measures poverty in relation to the amount of money necessary to meet basic needs such as food, clothing, and shelter.

If you can afford dog food and the occasional visit to the vet, youre not poor, youre lower middle class.

You're autistic m8

go jerk off to little girl cartoons, kid, I have a date to the dog park with 2 beautiful retrievers

That's true

That is so true, dogs are seen as family members in sweden. Historically they kept the sheep safe and helped keep predators like beers, wolves and the such away from the livestoc. And they were so great friends too. Whenever i see a dog i see a friend.